PDA

View Full Version : White shadow monsters can't miss?

AVHero
Nov 23, 2009, 11:24 PM
Alright, question time.

You know the white shadow rare variants of monsters? Can they never miss with attacks? Anyone know?

Here's the reason for my asking. I've been chilling in Rioh Snowfields (pun intended) for a while, and as a consequence, I have come across plenty of Hildegao in my day. Now, I usually live life on the edge,and keep slashing in their face while they throw punches and tackle me, because they miss 75% of the time. However, I have come across 2 white shadow Hildegaos now, and they NEVER miss me, not once. I have high EVP, so, I'm wondering if they can't miss. If so, it means I have to play carefully around these white shadowed freaks of nature.

Thanks.

Keyblade59
Nov 23, 2009, 11:28 PM
I think they just are stronger and have higher hp, I have some miss me before, and I am a HUcast.

darkante
Nov 23, 2009, 11:34 PM
I think they just have a higher hit rate.
I have experienced the same myself.

Ryna
Nov 23, 2009, 11:37 PM
According to the Brady Games guide, special enemy variants have a 150% attack accuracy boost compared to their normal versions.

psofan219
Nov 24, 2009, 01:08 AM
I've seen my fair share of Boost Hostiles and have had some of their attacks miss me. One thing I've noticed about them, for me at least, is that they have about twice or more the HP as their normal-shadowed counterparts, and don't seem to do too much more damage to me that I'd need to use caution.

Ice_ryu
Nov 24, 2009, 01:45 PM
They definately do more damage aswell, I had a boosted "Baranz thing" one shot kill me with a missle, when the dark shadow ones only took about 35 percent of my total HP with a missle direct hit.

Blood Raven
Nov 24, 2009, 05:08 PM
I've seen my fair share of Boost Hostiles and have had some of their attacks miss me. One thing I've noticed about them, for me at least, is that they have about twice or more the HP as their normal-shadowed counterparts, and don't seem to do too much more damage to me that I'd need to use caution.

I would agree with you on everything except for certain monsters with "special" attack that are incredibly powerful in a boosted form. I don't know if super hard mode boosted hostiles play out to this rule or not. However I just think of them as punching bags with lots of exp in normal and hard mode. ^^