PDA

View Full Version : Guides Wanted: Photon Arts, Techniques

Astarin
Nov 25, 2009, 03:13 PM
Can anyone point me in the direction of some decent guides or descriptions for the various Photon Arts? Maybe something for Techniques, too. PSO-World normally has great guides for these things, but doesn't yet have those for Zero.

For Photon Arts, I'm kinda looking for an idea of which arts are useful, how many hits, etc. For Techniques, I'm looking for stats, info on how they grow with levels, charge times, PP consumption, status effects, and so on.

Does anyone have any other resources, out there?

StaticWings19
Nov 25, 2009, 06:12 PM
Can anyone point me in the direction of some decent guides or descriptions for the various Photon Arts? Maybe something for Techniques, too. PSO-World normally has great guides for these things, but doesn't yet have those for Zero.

For Photon Arts, I'm kinda looking for an idea of which arts are useful, how many hits, etc. For Techniques, I'm looking for stats, info on how they grow with levels, charge times, PP consumption, status effects, and so on.

Does anyone have any other resources, out there?

i cant tell you much about photon arts (jsut try them out, works fine for me)

but if you go into "techiques" in the start menue it tells you most of that stuff.

Ryna
Nov 25, 2009, 06:15 PM
I'm hoping to write up a Technique stat guide within the next couple of days. It is on the "Guides To Write" list.

For Photon Arts, you can see attack and accuracy modifier information for the PA each weapon can use in the Item Database.

Allison_W
Nov 25, 2009, 06:26 PM
It doesn't do a good job of explaining what Barrier Shift does, though. :(

Chaotik
Nov 25, 2009, 07:11 PM
It doesn't do a good job of explaining what Barrier Shift does, though. :(

I "think" Barrier Shift makes the next attack ( attacks? ) directed to you ( or your teammates, since it's an AOE PA ) fail ( aka: invincibility ).

Now Act Trick ... that's a PA I don't understand.

EDIT: Oh, here it is:

Barrier Shift

* Cost: 20 PP
* Hits: 0
* Power: 0%
* Accuracy: 0%
* Charge Time: 1 Seconds
* Description: Grants very short temporary invincibility
o Effect: Invincibility

Trina
Nov 26, 2009, 06:46 AM
In a nutshell:

If your weapon doesn't have these PAs then you shouldn't be using PAs at all.

Sword - Over End
Handgun - Thriller Combo
GunBlade - Earth Bullet
Rifle - Hollow Snipe
Slicer - Bright Sign

also there's an unarmed PA which is pretty much a ripoff of Chun Lis Senretsukyaku but with an upwards kick at the end.

Here's also a flowchart for forces:

1. Is it dead? if yes goto -> 3, if no goto 2
2. Well make sure it's dead, goto -> 3
3. CAST MEGID, goto -> 1

Allison_W
Nov 26, 2009, 06:47 PM
I dunno, saber PAs are pretty awesome. I don't use sword PAs much, but most of the PAs I find on them are Dynamo Spin and Sonic Raid.

Aziel
Nov 26, 2009, 08:11 PM
I dunno, saber PAs are pretty awesome. I don't use sword PAs much, but most of the PAs I find on them are Dynamo Spin and Sonic Raid.

Yeah, Zeta Slash and the other one (The 5/6 hitter) are some pretty amazing PAs with very quick charge time. I personally prefer Zeta because of how fast it charges, but I do enjoy them both.

Evicous
Nov 27, 2009, 01:44 AM
Without a Compress PA Unit I wouldn't say any PAs are worth it. In the time it takes me to charge the damn thing, I could just fire off another full-hit combo.

Eclipse5632
Nov 27, 2009, 02:39 AM
also there's an unarmed PA which is pretty much a ripoff of Chun Lis Senretsukyaku but with an upwards kick at the end.
How do you get unarmed PAs? o_ô

Allison_W
Nov 27, 2009, 02:40 AM
Evicous: try saber PAs, for serious

Evicous
Nov 27, 2009, 03:00 AM
Allison: I stand corrected. ^^

Randomness
Nov 27, 2009, 11:27 AM
How do you get unarmed PAs? o_ô

Its just there. Unequip your weapon, and you fight barehanded, with a very-fast charging PA.

I wouldn't recommend it for anything other than building chains though.

As for tech functionality:

Foie/Zonde/Barta:See PSO, same thing.
Rafoie is a lobbed fireball that explodes, like PSO's Rafoie
Razonde is just PSO's Gizonde, except it can jump back to targets it already hit. A group of 5 enemies could result in each taking 4-5 hits.
Rabarta fires a stream of ice needles, its sort of a barta-spam. Each needle does low damage, but there's a bunch of em. You can move once the tech starts, it takes a few seconds to finish.

Megid shoots a ball of darkness. Not sure if it pierces. Gimegid creates what looks like a black hole, and does 5-6 hits to everything near it.

Grants creates a slow explosion on the target, the blast will follow the enemy if it moves as long as it doesn't get out of range. Takes about 2 seconds to go off. Gigrants charges very fast and costs the same as Grants. Light explosion centered on your character. Think Gi-series techs from PSU.

Shifta, Deband, Resta, Jellen, Zalure, Anti:Uncharged, single target/you. Charged, area. Anti will revive allies when charged.

Ryna
Nov 27, 2009, 11:46 AM
PSO-World now has stat guides for Photon Arts (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2606) and Techniques (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2607). These should be fairly useful for anyone that is wanting raw data on these categories. If anything looks wrong or needs clarifying, send me a PM and I'll take a look at it.

Randomness
Nov 27, 2009, 12:14 PM
I'd start with Resta. I assume that that means you heal for the given % of your MST, but it reads like a flat heal rate, which is obviously wrong, since slicers let my HUnewearl heal for almost full health, instead of dimate-levels. (Which is why I like slicers on bosses. Besides the ranged attack part.)

Ryna
Nov 27, 2009, 12:20 PM
I'd start with Resta. I assume that that means you heal for the given % of your MST, but it reads like a flat heal rate, which is obviously wrong, since slicers let my HUnewearl heal for almost full health, instead of dimate-levels. (Which is why I like slicers on bosses. Besides the ranged attack part.)

Thanks. I updated the wording to include a note about MST. I need to perform some additional experiments to see just how big of a role MST plays for Resta.