PDA

View Full Version : Extra Mode > Online Mode?

KingdomNeos
Nov 25, 2009, 05:20 PM
This is just a question am just asking as am wondering if you can use characters you made and strengthened up in extra mode of PSU can they be used in online mode or do you have to make a new character for that? >.>

beatrixkiddo
Nov 25, 2009, 05:27 PM
If you play online, you start with nothing. Extra mode is offline, 50x quicker and easier than online, and hackable, do you think they would let you transfer to the online servers like that? :p

Ryna
Nov 25, 2009, 05:32 PM
Extra and Network Modes are completely separate. You'll have to start a new character for Network Mode.

KingdomNeos
Nov 25, 2009, 05:41 PM
oh D: sad to hear but it would of been awsome if it was >.>

Ryna
Nov 25, 2009, 05:44 PM
oh D: sad to hear but it would of been awsome if it was >.>

It is for the best. Extra Mode tends to be a pale, easy imitation of Network Mode. As beatrixkiddo mentioned, it is also very easy to cheat in Extra Mode.

KingdomNeos
Nov 25, 2009, 05:57 PM
It is for the best. Extra Mode tends to be a pale, easy imitation of Network Mode. As beatrixkiddo mentioned, it is also very easy to cheat in Extra Mode.

in what way? as Extra mode really just their for bumping character stats up,
also when I Xbox live this christmas I will try to get some MS points for ambitions of the luminus for extened stuff :)

Ryna
Nov 25, 2009, 06:12 PM
in what way? as Extra mode really just their for bumping character stats up,
also when I Xbox live this christmas I will try to get some MS points for ambitions of the luminus for extened stuff :)

The PC version tends to be easy to hack for offline mode.

As for my other point, leveling, photon art leveling, and certain other game aspects are greatly accelerated in Extra Mode when compared to Network Mode.

Given that, an Extra Mode -> Network Mode bridge wouldn't have worked out too well with this setup.

KingdomNeos
Nov 25, 2009, 06:34 PM
Oh i see now but when I do get online begining as a lv 1 it will be tough to get to the high lv'ed users but it will be fun :)

Ryna
Nov 25, 2009, 06:41 PM
Oh i see now but when I do get online begining as a lv 1 it will be tough to get to the high lv'ed users but it will be fun :)

It won't be too bad. Just create a post on here asking for some help. There are usually some people around willing to help out a new player.

KingdomNeos
Nov 26, 2009, 02:52 AM
okay Thanks for the info guys ^__^