PDA

View Full Version : hunewm help?

hotcocoa000
Nov 26, 2009, 10:32 PM
uh yea... i'm new to the series, and i wanna make a hunewn. I've already played around with the other characters so i know how to fight and how the basics work.

So... i have no idea what to do with a hunewn. i dunno what weapons, mats, or mags to use since there's so much controversy. I read around and i find ppl reccomending daggers, and others reccomending slicers.

yea... help plz xD

what mag, mats, or weapons should a hunewm have? o.O

Bearissoslow
Nov 26, 2009, 10:41 PM
HUnewms: drop them for HUmars.

But seriously, HUnewms don't have that many advantages over a regular HUmar. Unless you're planning to run a heavy Magic/Physical user, you might want to consider just using a HUmar instead. HUnewms, to be efficient, need to make full advantage of their magic capabilities. Otherwise, you'll have a lesser version of a HUmar with 20-less mats.

sylwyn
Nov 26, 2009, 10:41 PM
You really can go either way~

If you decide on one though focus on that don't go split in between or else they will be lacking that field. If you decide to go about being physical they have to evasion to deal with hits and decent enough ATA to not require boosts past a certain level. Daggers are usually suggested for their high ATA values and quick combo speeds. Defense on mags and materials aren't nearly as useful as a good piece of armor. Your attack won't suck if you use certain elements and a weapon with decent %-ages. We are able to tank decently with shields and have to ability to survive long fights.

If you decide to use slicers you will need a full magic build, since slicers are based on mst. You will also need some ATA boosts for this since slicers have very bad ATA. But this way you are able to stand back away from danger and still do damage have decent tech damage, and a very potent Resta. But if you decide this route keep in mind that a HUnewearl will do a better job at this~

One word to describe Newman hunters, they are survivalists. They don't need to depend on others and can fend for themselves for longer amounts of time. I have yet to use a single item in this game except to feed my mag hehe.

Allison_W
Nov 26, 2009, 10:47 PM
Don't forget that the newman PP regen actually matters in this game, and that newman hunters thus have a significant advantage when it comes to PA abuse.

Having experimented with both a HUmarl and a HUnewearl, I love the latter's PP regen, and I'm going to miss it when I retire the HUnewearl to focus on the HUmarl.

sylwyn
Nov 26, 2009, 10:52 PM
Yeah I feel that way too hehe, I made a FOnewm at first but then thought it would be cool to make an angelic FOmar. I got him to lv60-ish and thought he was running out of pp way too fast and remade my FOnewm. x.X

I love spamming PAs and techs without the thought or worrying about pp. Before people say anything about PP recovery unit, it is nothing compared to Newman idle pp recovery.

hotcocoa000
Nov 26, 2009, 10:53 PM
so... a physical HUnewm with daggers sounds appealing to me. What stats should i pump for my mag? and how much of each stat? and what mats should i use for a physical HUnewm?

sylwyn
Nov 26, 2009, 10:58 PM
All attack in everything, you may need some ATA boost when you hit SH mode but units can cover for that. Or you can make multiple mags for different purposes. But since you are planning on daggers, they give the highest ATA bonus in the game and you will reach 100% hit really early on Also because newman hunters have higher ATA than the human hunters.