PDA

View Full Version : Unplayable Lag :(

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Nov 27, 2009, 08:03 PM
Hiya all,

I just got 360 PSU installed AOI very quickly for my internet speed. But now when I play the game it lags beyond belief. I'm not sure if 360 is a bit slower in say loading up counter menu's and team menus etc. But in game its horrid. I mean hitting enemies and no damage count until 4-30 seconds later and thats no exageration. I've restarted 360 and it didn't help, tried changing to an empty universe, it didnt help nothing has seemed to work, maybe cos theres 4 stars on other server? But i kinda doubt that.

My pc plays PSU fine and other online games work fine but for some reason even tho the aoi download was quick, even with another computer using internet at the time in game its unplayable.

Any suggestions? Its not like a PC i dunno if there's even any troubleshooting tips :(

Thanks,

Tifa

zandra117
Nov 27, 2009, 10:02 PM
try clearing your xbox cache.
On the xbox dashboard go to "my xbox" -> system settings -> memory -> hard drive

then press "X" "X" "L-Bumper" "R-Bumper" "X" "X"

A popup will open asking you if you would like to perform maintenance, select yes and that will clear the cache.

Then try playing PSU and see if it runs faster.

Xefi
Nov 27, 2009, 10:03 PM
It'd also help if you mention what mission that was
lagging you.
I heard from fellow Xbox users that certain places
& enemies can lag the game as well: Robots & Rykros.

zandra117
Nov 27, 2009, 10:22 PM
based off of your description with damage not registering it sounds like server lag and not framerate lag. Make sure you are not downloading torrents or something like that while playing xbox live. Also do an xbox live connection check in the network settings of your xbox and make sure your NAT is listed as open in the results.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Nov 28, 2009, 01:06 PM
Hiya,

The lag is on all levels i've tried - MAG, Linear Line, True Darkness, Moatoob wherever I go. I've tried multiple ships asides from Leo and I tried today when Leo only had 2 it was minutely better : /

I cleared cache like you suggested and it hasn't helped. Disconnected the other PC from router than hasn't helped either.

i'm kinds at a loss what to do now :S

Tifa

that cast named kai
Nov 28, 2009, 02:18 PM
it seems like it could be sever lag since it was lagging hard for me yesterday also,

best thing to do is wait it out and just try from time to time, till it is running smooth again

fay
Nov 28, 2009, 06:25 PM
It is server lag Tifa. I have had it at times as well. I can almost 100% guarantee it. There is nothing you can do about it. The best thing do to is just not play for the moment and come back in a few hours maybe.
Its just that SEGA servers are having a bad moment. They do usually fix the lag problem rather quickly.