PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth waiting for Supp. Update anymore?

unicorn
Nov 28, 2009, 03:03 AM
I mean, it doesnt even seem like the JP players even like their game anymore. I think the only thing worth coming up is the Supplemental Update, but Guardians Cash seems to override it anyway. And practically all of the really good new content/items are Guardians Cash ANYWAY, or account-restricted (no trading, selling, and only ONE of it).

I mean, I've held on for this long, but it doesn't seem like the game gets any better after Supplemental.... And we still dont even have that in the US version. I might not even care about the Supplemental Update when we actually get it (PSP2!)!

I wouldn't mind it if Guardians Cash was only a small portion of the content, but it really seems like ST is NOT going to give this game regular updates anymore, atleast not as often....

Pob
Nov 28, 2009, 03:53 AM
I doubt the update is going to come out for us at all. I wish it would, mainly for the /R missions, but considering the current population, it probably doesn't make economic sense.

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 28, 2009, 05:34 AM
After the supp. update, they go back to the same old drip feed and nothing changes.
Except now you can kill enemies 40 levels under you by just staring at them.

Ellea
Nov 28, 2009, 06:39 AM
After the supp. update, they go back to the same old drip feed and nothing changes.

lolol.

landman
Nov 28, 2009, 08:24 AM
If it's weapons the only thing the supplemental update will provide then I will not care at all, I just want to finish Episode 3 and say goodbye to PSU lol

Will_Nonheim
Nov 28, 2009, 09:51 AM

Wait, I thought we could already do that. *stares at lvl 130 Go Vahra, watches it do its annoying dying cry*

Arika
Nov 28, 2009, 10:02 AM
worth waiting or not is depend on you.
I mean... you don't lose anything to wait it. you can just cancel your sub and play other game while waiting, and then come back whenever you want.

fay
Nov 28, 2009, 10:06 AM
I've been saying no for a loooong time. It really isn't going to change as much as what people are making it out to be.

People make it sound as if its like a whole new game. In reality everything is the way it is just now but with a few changes. Sure some characters need the stat changes but its not changing what the game does. If you're bored of the game now then you will still be bored of it then.

I really just want my last achievement then i'm offski :/

DreXxiN
Nov 28, 2009, 11:00 AM
If you have a Playstation Portable, then no. :)

landman
Nov 28, 2009, 12:54 PM
If you have a Playstation Portable, then no. :)
This. Any gameplay changes the Suplemental Update will provide will be obsolete compared to the ones in this game, and it still feels the same as PSU xD and about items you will have all the items PSU still does not have and lots more...

Shou
Nov 28, 2009, 07:34 PM
Just cancel your sub and come back if you like what you see. Unless the 10$ a month is still worth it to you to play. Then just keep playing. :)

WHlTEKNIGHT
Nov 28, 2009, 07:47 PM
They have screwed the game up on jp and worldwide servers by stretching the content out far to thin, made drops 150-174 then same but a board on 175+ was bs although this is just 1 of many bs moves they pulled.
Biggest thing that anoyed me was the mag1 and 2 and 3 months of nothing and they actually expected people to be ok with it. I also saw the new mission the jp has coming is rank C only....lv180 fighting lv25 creatures is SUPER.

I can't see how the supplemental update will change things tbh its still going to be the same game after all with a few minor changes. The lag will still be there the graphic slowdown will still be there and also the great level of customer service will be there.

Shou
Nov 28, 2009, 07:55 PM
There are some pretty good updates after the supp update up until the festa ends.
JP players, how many crappy updates have you gotten in a row since the festa extension?

WHlTEKNIGHT
Nov 28, 2009, 07:59 PM
I would be very surprised if the supp. update even came out of here the pc/ps2 is dead or nealy gone and the 360 is getting really bad aswell now (2/3* is the most I have seen lately).
Can't see how they could make enough to cover the cost of implementing it all now.

Pob
Nov 29, 2009, 04:08 AM
Bear in mind, the Supplemental Update isn't for 360 anyway...

DreXxiN
Nov 29, 2009, 04:17 AM
Bear in mind, the Supplemental Update isn't for 360 anyway...

?lolk

Kion
Nov 29, 2009, 05:44 AM
Screw updates. They should cut this shit out and just GIB ALL OF THE FUCKING CONTENT ON THE DISK ALREADY!!!!!. :argh:

Delete
Nov 29, 2009, 07:40 AM
I've been saying no for a loooong time. It really isn't going to change as much as what people are making it out to be.

People make it sound as if its like a whole new game. In reality everything is the way it is just now but with a few changes. Sure some characters need the stat changes but its not changing what the game does. If you're bored of the game now then you will still be bored of it then.

I really just want my last achievement then i'm offski :/

This.

You'll still gonna be using the same weapons (different skins omg) and fighting enemy re-skins. Is that what you want to look forward to?

I really wanna quit this game, but I got like a billion dollars worth of stuff. I've spent way too much time to just give all my stuff away.....

Alamar
Nov 29, 2009, 10:41 AM
We are roughly 11 months behind JP right now. Heck lets say a year, don't matter now does it?
Do not plan on getting any content now I don't. I quit caring about JP updates when we started really getting behind. Now it's just a look at what we got and you don't or won't have sort of post.
Like rubbing salt in a wound 1 year AHEAD of us.... I DON"T CARE WHAT UPDATES THEY GET!!!!

How bias can you be? Honestly, look at it Jp all the newest updates. Everyone OUTSIDE of JP ONE YEAR BEHIND!!!! Bias? dam straight it is no other way to look at it. If not then explain why we are a year behind to me. And please don't tell me it's sega us fault or sega eu fault. JP controls the company and everything it does. the other two just run "branches" of the main.
Don't care who don't like the bias statement it's what I believe to be true until I can read for myself proof that a LEGIT reason for everyone outside of JP is a year behind. I am not listening to population fault either. Population is low cause of um lets see NO CONTENT!! don't blame the effect for the cause. Because you hit your face on the steering wheel is not the reason you had a car crash. Well most of the time.
/End rant.

fay
Nov 30, 2009, 06:53 AM
This.

You'll still gonna be using the same weapons (different skins omg) and fighting enemy re-skins. Is that what you want to look forward to?

I really wanna quit this game, but I got like a billion dollars worth of stuff. I've spent way too much time to just give all my stuff away.....

Its hard mate. You just need to force yourself over the edge a little. I quit about 6 months ago and gave away roughly 2.5 billion worth of things. I was so convinced to quit that it didn't matetr to me though. I was never coming back.
Just for the record, the only reason i'm back just now (started 3 weeks ago) is because I just want that last achievement. They STILL haven't given us it even after years of waiting! Do they think that loads of people are like me and will quit as soon as we get it? I mean its not like they have loads of players at the moment.

Tek[+]Lok
Nov 30, 2009, 10:33 AM
I demand that the final update double every exp rate in the game and also cut all prices in half!

Night SSc7
Dec 1, 2009, 10:44 PM
I think if the lack of updates so far doesn't finally kill psu, guardian's cash will

Gibdozer
Dec 1, 2009, 11:45 PM
Playing a game for what it may offer in the future doesn't make a lot of sense to me. You either still enjoy PSU or you don't, no update is going to change that.

It's like staying in a bad relationship because you hope things will get better in the future. Your just going to prolong your suffering and end up more disappointed and angry than you already are.

DAMASCUS
Dec 2, 2009, 01:12 AM
Playing a game for what it may offer in the future doesn't make a lot of sense to me. You either still enjoy PSU or you don't, no update is going to change that.

It's like staying in a bad relationship because you hope things will get better in the future. Your just going to prolong your suffering and end up more disappointed and angry than you already are.

Well said, brother ;)

Shou
Dec 2, 2009, 03:35 AM

I don't think anyone would be playing the game if there were never any updates. You really think anyone would still be playing if we were stuck with A rank missions, a lvl 50 cap, only 3 classes to choose from, B rank weapons, and a handful of missions?

The_Brimada
Dec 2, 2009, 03:43 AM
No.

/thread

desturel
Dec 2, 2009, 02:20 PM
I don't think anyone would be playing the game if there were never any updates.

You would think wrong then. I play the game. I would continue to play the game. It doesn't really matter as far as I'm concerned if there were updates or not. Updates aren't the reason why I play this game.

Heck I still play "old" games like Disgaea and Castlevania III. Those games never had content updates. I play Street Fighter 3 and King of Fighters 98 and those are games that you can complete in 10 minutes worth of gameplay. Content updates are a bonus for me. Not a reason to play a game.

Shou
Dec 2, 2009, 02:43 PM
You must care about the amount of content in a game. You would play PSU if there was nothing but a my room? Maybe what you are trying to say that there is enough content already released to keep you happy for a long time. Don't confuse that with, "content does not matter".

Hiero_Glyph
Dec 2, 2009, 02:51 PM
Just for the record, the only reason i'm back just now (started 3 weeks ago) is because I just want that last achievement. They STILL haven't given us it even after years of waiting! Do they think that loads of people are like me and will quit as soon as we get it? I mean its not like they have loads of players at the moment.

This is the hilarious part for me. I mean, how did SEGA ever get authorization from Microsoft to include an achievement that you cannot get without SEGA releasing additional content? I thought that every game had to have 1,000 gamerscore available from the start. Heck, even FFXI had 1,000 gamerscore available even if unlocking every class' level 75 achievement was practically impossible.

I wonder if we could simply petition Microsoft and have them unlock the achievement for us. That would be the icing on the cake if Microsoft gave us the achievement before SEGA unlocked the content from a game that was released in 2006 (over 3 years ago!). Besides, SEGA had their chance with the GUARDIAN's Colony GBR and utterly failed. If you want your gamerscore it might be worth an email to Microsoft's customer service. Who knows, it could even work.

Powder Keg
Dec 2, 2009, 03:37 PM
It would be better if microsoft just said "No, and we're not supporting your shitty product anymore after this installment"

Gen2000
Dec 2, 2009, 04:53 PM
I canceled my sub until supp. update because I just personally still want to see how it affects Masterforce since it seems to be the class that it affects the most and I always did like the MF class the most out of all of them. In the end I'm sure it won't change much still but I just experience it for myself.

I probably won't play long after the "wow, change" factor but oh well.

desturel
Dec 2, 2009, 06:23 PM
You must care about the amount of content in a game. You would play PSU if there was nothing but a my room? Maybe what you are trying to say that there is enough content already released to keep you happy for a long time. Don't confuse that with, "content does not matter".

You seem to have confused "Content updates are a bonus for me. Not a reason to play a game." With "I don't need any content at all."

I could put it another way and say "you don't know me, so how can you judge what I will do when there are no further updates?"

Your initial statement was an all inclusive and proven incorrect by introducing one outlier.

Shou
Dec 2, 2009, 06:39 PM
I said I don't think anyone would play the game if there were never any updates. Then you said that that was thinking wrong. *not sure how you can think wrongly when you are stating an opinion but hey*
If there were never any updates, like i said the game would be stuck with a lvl 50 cap, 3 classes, b rank weapons, lvl 20 photon arts, and only a handful of missions. Unless you would still be playing with this content for 3+ years then I would be false. My point is that somewhere along releasing content bit by bit, you became content with what the game has. Thus, you no longer care for updates. Updates only add/ change content, never take it away so I don't see any logical fallacies in what I just said.

Professor Xavier
Dec 2, 2009, 08:47 PM
My answer is yes! its worth waiting for. How long that wait will be? We'll we wont know that until the update!

Noblewine
Dec 2, 2009, 10:00 PM
I can be patient and wait for the supplement update. I just want to see what it'll do to the gameplay once we get it.

biggabertha
Dec 2, 2009, 11:50 PM
In fairness... there'd be people still playing if there were no updates because you couldn't "save" PAs back then, you'd be stuck with the 36 you choose, the synthing system was more brutal and so was the grinding. Not to mention getting 1000 meseta for a PA disc was also a difficult thing to do before haxeta came into play.

Back then, you probably couldn't get to Lv. 50 very easily solo and would have to spam or circle planets in order to get anywhere. Hell - you'd have no Moatoob either for the Valley Of Carnage/Mine Defence easy solo runs..!

I know I'd be on it for ages.... afterall, I spent two weeks making my Armour PM from recreating beige male casts... There was plenty to do back then.

Anyone want to buy my 50% Ice Pallasch..? :wacko:

Shou
Dec 3, 2009, 02:45 AM
If only we were all that dedicated. :(

milranduil
Dec 3, 2009, 03:10 AM
I canceled my sub until supp. update because I just personally still want to see how it affects Masterforce since it seems to be the class that it affects the most and I always did like the MF class the most out of all of them. In the end I'm sure it won't change much still but I just experience it for myself.

I probably won't play long after the "wow, change" factor but oh well.

I'm currently in the process of raising my JP character (again thx to Lina for his orig. acct ^^). I'll be making MF vids once I'm all capped out with some solid gear so people can get a good look since I'll be making LOTS of vids.

Shou
Dec 3, 2009, 04:12 AM
Yeah have fun with that... >_> (re-maxing out a Masterforce)

milranduil
Dec 3, 2009, 05:21 AM
Yeah have fun with that... >_> (re-maxing out a Masterforce)
151/4 FNewman >_>
Pfft my techs are already as follows

Foie/Rafoie/Damfoie/Gifoie/Barta/Rabarta/Dambarta/Gibarta
35/31/31/31/27/27/31/31
Zonde/Razonde/Gizonde/Noszonde/Diga/Radiga/Damdiga/Gidiga/Nosdiga
26/30/30/6/35/26/30/30/34
Megid/Ramegid/Dammegid/Nosmegid/Megiverse/Regrants
31/27/29/13/11/13

Considering I bought a Vijeri/Rainbow for 130k and a 30% Baji-Senba for 150k, SEED Express lvling is lolably easy atm.

Also lol @ Nos techs being my lowest but also being the easiest to level :3

Oh and I have 30mil to my name, an 8/8 Pwand, and an 8/10 Motav Profecy! Playing shops is fun :P

Arika
Dec 3, 2009, 06:45 AM
151/4 FNewman >_>
Pfft my techs are already as follows

Foie/Rafoie/Damfoie/Gifoie/Barta/Rabarta/Dambarta/Gibarta
35/31/31/31/27/27/31/31
Zonde/Razonde/Gizonde/Noszonde/Diga/Radiga/Damdiga/Gidiga/Nosdiga
26/30/30/6/35/26/30/30/34
Megid/Ramegid/Dammegid/Nosmegid/Megiverse/Regrants
31/27/29/13/11/13

Considering I bought a Vijeri/Rainbow for 130k and a 30% Baji-Senba for 150k, SEED Express lvling is lolably easy atm.

Also lol @ Nos techs being my lowest but also being the easiest to level :3

Oh and I have 30mil to my name, an 8/8 Pwand, and an 8/10 Motav Profecy! Playing shops is fun :P

it is very easy to sell stuffs there when you put things at lowest price.

str898mustang
Dec 3, 2009, 09:17 AM
Yes it worth the wait

*points to bottom of sig*

Kion
Dec 3, 2009, 11:57 AM
I`m either waiting for a new installment or the final update for PSU. I`d like to play through the entire game as i please, not the scraps that they feel like throwing our way.

Keilyn
Dec 3, 2009, 09:58 PM
I just believe after the third episode story is concluded, there should be a release for Playstation 2 and 3 along with Xbox360 as well...to have all the content as well as a supplement update....

It would actually help Sega and the players equally....

Powder Keg
Dec 3, 2009, 10:22 PM
I think the supp update will be fun, and might drive me to play a little more. (hopefully) I only play casually these days.

Gen2000
Dec 5, 2009, 01:56 PM
I'm currently in the process of raising my JP character (again thx to Lina for his orig. acct ^^). I'll be making MF vids once I'm all capped out with some solid gear so people can get a good look since I'll be making LOTS of vids.

Ah you over at JPN servers now, heh. Wished I got went over there before getting too deep with my characters on NA servers. I will try to keep an eye out for your JPN MF vids.

unicorn
Dec 5, 2009, 07:35 PM

Thats it, you won't be back. Trust me.

Just like the others, "Oh I'll just try JP and come back for major events".... and then suddenly play JP fulltime.

Espio left, beatrixkiddo left, AweofShe left, and those are just the ones I can think of on the top of my head.

Have fun in JP servers... *tear*

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 6, 2009, 10:43 AM
Bea and espio barely play if at all, so you can't blame JP server for that...

Neith
Dec 6, 2009, 12:35 PM
To be honest, I'm ordering PSP2 next week, and if it's good enough I'll just quit PSU until I see something worth doing. The recent GBR was pretty fun, but without decent drops it began to get old after the end of the 2nd week. Supplemental update will probably breathe some life back into the game, but it'll be short lived. Really, it's at the point where you should only be playing if you feel you're getting your monthly fee's worth of play. If you're not enjoying things, it's not going to improve much.

The game's pretty much dead, people. It doesn't matter what updates get added now, we'll never have a decent population playing again and ultimately it'll never be as fun as V1 was (yes, I went there).

unicorn
Dec 6, 2009, 06:04 PM
The game's pretty much dead, people. It doesn't matter what updates get added now, we'll never have a decent population playing again and ultimately it'll never be as fun as V1 was (yes, I went there).

I agree. PSU was actually more fun in V1....

PALRAPPYS
Dec 6, 2009, 07:00 PM
I agree. PSU was actually more fun in V1....

I only partially agree. The first few months of AoI were the best in my opinion.

Shou
Dec 6, 2009, 08:44 PM
I have been messing around with PSO GC and hacking offline mode and that should keep me busy durring update droughts.

Danny_Dark
Dec 13, 2009, 04:20 PM
...Im' still Playing on PS2 Side,...but...

Squirrel3D
Dec 13, 2009, 04:57 PM
I have been messing around with PSO GC and hacking offline mode and that should keep me busy durring update droughts.

I'm playing PSO (blue burst) myself as well. Building up a female cast.

I've been back to PSU last week but I haven't taken on the last story mission yet. (don't spoil it!)

milranduil
Dec 13, 2009, 04:57 PM

You're welcome :P

Shou
Dec 13, 2009, 06:45 PM
You're welcome :P
:) Episode 3 has been keeping me the busiest, actually. I wish I had a human to play against. ;)

I have been messing around with different strategies to find out what is the best and most consistant. So far I believe it is the Red Slime strategy.

Professor Xavier
Dec 13, 2009, 09:41 PM
On the success and future of PSU.

I have not been around for a year. So I don't know how many people renew accounts for the events. That in itself might be a partial answer. Only SEGA knows for sure how many people still have active accounts but don't play except for the events.

If there is a Supp. update then we are very lucky! If there is news in the meantime of a second expansion for the JP/PC-PS2 servers. Then if we want that expansion we will need a huge community effort to give the game more life beyond what SEGA can do with new missions and new items. We need people to play the game for what it is now. This in itself will not last forever. But if there is any chance at all for SEGA to sell us another expansion then we need things to be as good as they can get.

How long will PSU servers be on? Until Microsoft has another game console or if there is just not enough active accounts to pay for the servers. I myself do have plans for the future in PSU. Plans even without anymore updates. It all depends on how good I am at planning and presentation. The rest would be up to the community at large. The future is uncertain. It will be awhile before I can do anything. My resources are limited right now. I don't know how much time it will take to get where I need to be. The rest is just wait and see!

milranduil
Dec 13, 2009, 09:48 PM
:) Episode 3 has been keeping me the busiest, actually. I wish I had a human to play against. ;)

I have been messing around with different strategies to find out what is the best and most consistant. So far I believe it is the Red Slime strategy.

lol pffft I won't take the hint. JP tech lvling kthx. Just did Noszonde 6-30 :3