PDA

View Full Version : The Ancient Ruins of Tiahuanaco

Adriano
Nov 28, 2009, 06:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPZpOAEm7mQ

The Site known as Puma Punku, holds large stone slabs that weigh upto 800 tons.
The slabs are made from Granite and Diorite, the only harder substance that could've been used to cut these were Diamond. And some of the detailing is in such precision that most modern technology wouldn't even be able to redo this.

The site is planted in a clearing 10 miles away from any civilization.
How did they get here?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 28, 2009, 06:10 AM
Smurfs
Lemmings
Ellis Islanders.

Buy 2 - get 1 free.

I like the History Channel one on the Pyramids and the Aztec guy is flying a spaceship on the hieroglyph picture (hand on a shifter) & that battery thing. Lightbulbs because you couldn't shine the mirrors from sunlight way down in there and the ceilings had no soot from torches/smoke.

Adriano
Nov 28, 2009, 06:13 AM
Ohcrap, I just realized I posted this in two places.
Sorry FKL :(

Also Haya, I saw that special, with the giant light bulbs being held up by snakes or something to that effect, or giant flowers, and the flowers had snakes (the snakes were supposed to be the fillament on the inside of the lightbulb). And the coconut battery was all the rage back then.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 28, 2009, 06:15 AM
Ohcrap, I just realized I posted this in two places.
Sorry FKL :(
I just saw that too.

But, your 1st reply came from FKL.

As in also, someone here did know what you were talking about.

In OT, I bet the 1st reply will be exactly this:

"FIRST!"

So keep them both and compare/contrast the results in your own research... baby.

Adriano
Nov 28, 2009, 06:18 AM
I just saw that too.

But, your 1st reply came from FKL.

As in also, someone here did know what you were talking about.

In OT, I bet the 1st reply will be exactly this:

So keep them both and compare/contrast the results in your own research... baby.

Oh that inquiry is appetizing, I'm itching to see the results.

To that effect, I'll add, that you're probably right.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 28, 2009, 06:30 AM
To that effect, I'll add, that you're probably right.
Smurfs ya know? :wacko:

But you were talking about the other thing, keep both, twice the funzo. Unfair though, OT posters may not be there yet.

Randomness
Nov 28, 2009, 10:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPZpOAEm7mQ

The Site known as Puma Punku, holds large stone slabs that weigh upto 800 tons.
The slabs are made from Granite and Diorite, the only harder substance that could've been used to cut these were Diamond. And some of the detailing is in such precision that most modern technology wouldn't even be able to redo this.

The site is planted in a clearing 10 miles away from any civilization.
How did they get here?

The bolded part:After over 1,000 years... yeah right. Erosion, much? As for detail, we have LASERS. I assure you, whatever level of detail is left after centuries of wear, we can cut into diamond with 100x the detail level. (Again, LASERS)

As for the distance... Stonehenge? Log rollers? Pyramids at Giza?

And a pointy bit of granite with a hammer would would chisel stuff nicely.

I used to like watching the History channel, but now its half crackpot idiots with their illogical theories who just ignore evidence to the contrary. (The thing about Egyptian tombs... they assume only sunlight and torches could have been used. They never consider building the tomb up around the coffin, or memorizing the path, or other light sources... like fireflies)

Adriano
Nov 28, 2009, 11:14 AM
The bolded part:After over 1,000 years... yeah right. Erosion, much? As for detail, we have LASERS. I assure you, whatever level of detail is left after centuries of wear, we can cut into diamond with 100x the detail level. (Again, LASERS)
Misconception #1, after over a thousand years of whose history are you speaking of?
This certainly wasn't the civilization most historians believe modern day man came from.
Since these structures pre-date modern civilization.
So that is moot point really...the big mystery is WHO built these.

What does erosion have to do with the absolutely minute of details on these massive scales of
rock? If anything, that's saying theses structures could have been even more grandiose than what they are now. The fact that the details even exist is the baffling part.
And I can assure you I said MOST modern technology, I'm not even sure how lasers work to be completely honest, so I really don't have much to say about that.
Protip: Theses structures can be dated to well beyond 500 B.C. So that's 2500 years old atleast.

As for the distance... Stonehenge? Log rollers? Pyramids at Giza?
What does this have to do with anything?
Include those too then.
Also, the structures of stonehenge are nowhere near this level of detail, though that is a completely different discussion altogether.

And a pointy bit of granite with a hammer would would chisel stuff nicely.

Ok, you go take a hammer and chisel to a 500 yard long slab of granite in a perfectly straight line, then tell me how it goes.

I used to like watching the History channel, but now its half crackpot idiots with their illogical theories who just ignore evidence to the contrary. (The thing about Egyptian tombs... they assume only sunlight and torches could have been used. They never consider building the tomb up around the coffin, or memorizing the path, or other light sources... like fireflies)
This comment is filled with so much slander and melarchy that I don't even know what.

These Stones are impossibly huge, and the level of detail is on par with what we can do today, that's what I wanted to discuss, not why the histry chanl sux.

Adriano
Nov 28, 2009, 03:26 PM
and then I realized....these are just giant legos. :wacko:

SpikeOtacon
Nov 29, 2009, 02:37 AM
http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq60/mcmanmeat/Left4Bread/dudewut.jpg

Adriano
Nov 29, 2009, 04:52 AM
We are at an impasse. ;)

ShinMaruku
Nov 29, 2009, 09:33 PM
Witches and a wizard did it.

Adriano
Nov 29, 2009, 09:45 PM
Witches and a wizard did it.

I'll accept this as scientific fact.

ShinMaruku
Nov 29, 2009, 10:31 PM
http://img2.gelbooru.com//images/483/04b668957aeb5907281f1fc82aaad6a2851c7209.png?60843 3

Adriano
Nov 30, 2009, 12:17 AM
Well I'm glad we solved that one.

Vanzazikon
Nov 30, 2009, 12:58 AM
I saw an alien drop a pillar out of the sky. Then he waved his tentacles at me.

Adriano
Nov 30, 2009, 02:02 AM
I saw an alien drop a pillar out of the sky. Then he waved his tentacles at me.

Maybe he was pointing at you, saying "We'll be back for you." :wacko:?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 30, 2009, 04:38 AM
You can only fit so many theories into a 1 hour show or extended group of shows to talk about the major ones, with the most discussion. And least melarchy.

And some are more entertaining even when about the same subjects. One space show will bore you to sleep, another will make you not want another after 8 mins or so commercial break.

And those square co.jp watermelons sigpix. LEGO never had these yet. But Ninja sets, yes. And those guys based on bicycle monocles, whatever those are.

-

And looking now to the OT thread (linked for easier click back)

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171507

It became something we didn't expect. Debate with a poster regular around here, from the forum of your double post tacos. How 'bout that?

And then some more, not even done yet. But I have a new thread idea... baby.

Vanzazikon
Nov 30, 2009, 01:19 PM
Maybe he was pointing at you, saying "We'll be back for you." :wacko:?I would comply; however, we would have to make a deal. I'll agree to be abducted only if I'd be the one conducting the probing. Take it or leave it, Aliens.

Adriano
Nov 30, 2009, 01:48 PM
I would comply; however, we would have to make a deal. I'll agree to be abducted only if I'd be the one conducting the probing. Take it or leave it, Aliens.

I'm not too sure on how aliens cope with negotiation.
They might not be too happy that you're berating them in a foreign language other than moonspeak.
Of course assuming that all aliens don't speak english.(Maybe they do, IDK)
Assuming of course that you speak english.

ShinMaruku
Dec 1, 2009, 08:37 PM
http://img2.gelbooru.com//images/489/ebf8907c28b9ac1886be1a724bfec5a6e2836123.jpg?61530 8
Beware the Sidhe