PDA

View Full Version : In need of some clarity concerning the friend-system...

Epically Leet
Nov 28, 2009, 06:11 PM
Do you have to press "Join Game" and wait until someone appears while constantly refreshing that list? Or press "Host Game" and wait until someone joins?

I mean, I've heard that you get notified if you're playing "Play Alone" or "Free Play", but I really want someone to confirm that before I go expecting something. I'd be arsed if I had to sit there waiting for a long time while not doing nothing everytime I feel like playing with someone on my list.

simon2381
Nov 28, 2009, 06:28 PM
Hum , i think that when u host a game , you have to wait for someone to join . And yes , i think you have to refresh the list too :P Wanna play ?

Epically Leet
Nov 28, 2009, 06:44 PM
Yeah, it's like that. I should have put "have" in bold or/and italic, because I meant "do you HAVE to do that", like nothing else works. But thank you anyway.

But nah, not right now. Thanks for the offer though.

Epically Leet
Dec 1, 2009, 12:26 AM
Bumped so I don't have to make a new topic. I really need this clarified!

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Dec 1, 2009, 01:21 AM
Do you have to press "Join Game" and wait until someone appears while constantly refreshing that list? Or press "Host Game" and wait until someone joins?

I mean, I've heard that you get notified if you're playing "Play Alone" or "Free Play", but I really want someone to confirm that before I go expecting something. I'd be arsed if I had to sit there waiting for a long time while not doing nothing everytime I feel like playing with someone on my list.

Yes, and yes. And for the last one, yeah. This happens too. Whenever one of your friends get on WiFi you'll see the icon on the top screen, and on the bottom screen, you'll see who logged on. (If you're not locked on anything.)

pixelstar
Dec 1, 2009, 02:58 AM
If you don't want to quit your ongoing game without some sort of confirmation, you can also always wait until one of your online friends actually hosts a match.
You get a warning while playing for friends joining as well as for friends starting matches.
I think you miss them if you're inside a menu or talking to an NPC (shops/counters).

Epically Leet
Dec 1, 2009, 04:03 AM
Thanks alot, guys!

Good to know how shit works. :-)