PDA

View Full Version : Old time RAcast lost as FOmar

RyanDanger
Nov 28, 2009, 06:23 PM
In ep 1 and 2 I was always a RAcast. Latly my friends and I have been getting together and partying in 1 and 2 where I'm HUcast tanker. We looked online for MAG breeding info and found zero's out and awesome. We all have DSs and will be partying with that after the holidays. Always being a cast type I never learned the joy of actually casting anything (the title is so miss-leading :P ) so I've dicided to go full on as a FOmar. Being my first time as a FO I have a few hang ups.

1. Being a FOmar who wants to be more than the healing buff slave, how should I feed my mag. I fed it into a MST mag, with pure MST. Now I'm feeding it DEF items to keep up with the photon blast. I also find myself in more melee situations than casting.

2. When I selected FOmar I figured I'd be shooting spells off left and right, but I quickly found that my melee damage with a MST boosting item is comparable to my level 5 magic attacks. I started a HUcaseal on another file and it's attacks are already at my level at half the level. Am I doing something wrong?

3. The squid boss is driving me crazy! Any tips? xPP

Thank you for the help!

Hatrix
Nov 28, 2009, 06:40 PM
I havent made my FOmar yet but im assuming they can be played similarly to Ep1&2. I hear slicers are decent because they are mst based.

RyanDanger
Nov 28, 2009, 07:13 PM
How would they be played? I only know how to play as a cast.

psofan219
Nov 28, 2009, 07:20 PM
Nobody here can really answer that question Ryan. PS games are all preference, so whatever works for someone else may not work for you. The only thing we can truly say is to try out different play styles to see what works best for you.

EJ
Nov 28, 2009, 07:20 PM
use your buffs and magic early on when you get high enough you can mix both magic and melee. i made my mag with 40 hit and 60 power since fomar look like they are almost the same as in pso ep 1&2 having low ata.

if you want a mix then raise your mag power and mst to a lvl you want and give your char some mats to whichever stat to you want the highest I personally have a melee fomar with tech support but you can play a fomar however you wish be it melee, tech, support, or hybrid of techs and melee power.