PDA

View Full Version : Newman's PP regen?

Cheefoo
Nov 29, 2009, 01:31 PM
Can someone explain how this works, and how useful it is? When I get this game, I was planning on being a HUnewm. They seem to have great EVP, and are decent at techniques. I was wondering if the PP regeneration would be significant enough that they could use photon arts a decent bit more than other Hunters. Thanks for your help.

ZetsumeiSan
Nov 29, 2009, 02:13 PM
Newmans make the best Forces in my opinion. They have the highest MST and PP of any force. Their PP regeneration becomes even more useful if you have PP Recovery equipped.

Zladexyz
Nov 29, 2009, 02:16 PM
Hello.

sylwyn
Nov 29, 2009, 05:50 PM
While walking they recover 1% of total PP and 5% of total pp while idle(not moving). I've noticed my HUnewm @93 recovers 4pp/5sec base @450+ pp. At the lower levels the pp used to round up at when they reach 50+ in that hundred, but I noticed it did not do that once I reach 450, hopefully he will get 5 like the HUnewearl @100 because she does reach 500 pp.

Unlike the units Newman PP regeneration will stack with 1 PP recovery unit which pretty much doubles the walking PP recovery for the specific level you can get the unit, and a boost to idle PP recovery. This helps increase the time it takes before you consume items, resting, and the thought that you need to conserve your PP for harder monsters. Mate/fluid recovery is also %-age based, so the more HP/PP you have the more it is recovered.

Scissors61
Nov 29, 2009, 07:19 PM
Well i wouldnt really look at techs unless ur an actual mage because lets face it, u will do probably 3x the amount of damage w/ whatever weapon u use than u would w/ magic unless ur using ur fists(unadvised). leave the fireballs and evil vortexes to the pros...

Sega decided to mess w/ the HuNews and restrict magic and armour which was the only reason y they own at PSO.

I would only use a hunter newman for melee support where they substitute a real FoNew. If u like newmans then u should try out the FoNewmans, they hit pretty hard w/ magic based ATP slicers. Also, take note of the hidden traits such as tech bonuses and max grinders

Allison_W
Nov 29, 2009, 08:47 PM
Sega decided to mess w/ the HuNews and restrict magic and armour which was the only reason y they own at PSO.

I don't recall HUnewearls ever owning at PSO. And the armour they get isn't bad--evasion is actually useful in this game, and robes are considerably better off in evasion and resistances than heavy armours are. Also, female newmans, hunters included, can use the Rika's Suit, which is one of the best armours in the game. Oh, and you do need to remember that there are melee attacks that consume PP now, which makes the newman PP regen very useful for hunters.

I would only use a hunter newman for melee support where they substitute a real FoNew. If u like newmans then u should try out the FoNewmans, they hit pretty hard w/ magic based ATP slicers. Also, take note of the hidden traits such as tech bonuses and max grinders

Human forces are better than newman forces if you like slicers, because their ATA boost compared to newman forces is far larger than their MST loss compared to newman forces, and ATA is absolutely critical when using slicers against anything that isn't a boss.