PDA

View Full Version : The Cake Shop FAQ! (look here if you have questions!)

Niered
Nov 29, 2009, 11:17 PM
So, I've noticed that both here and on other boards questions about the Cake Shop keep popping up, and on top of that theres alot of misinformation that gets spread around about the darn thing. So I figured that I would try to help out by creating a FAQ thread about the Cake Shop. Here goes!

What is the Cake Shop?
Much like the arena's or even the rare enemy spawns, the Cake Shop is a rare instance in PSZ that only pops up in certain areas. Unlike the rare enemy spawns or Arena though it happens much more infrequently, however as will be revealed later in this FAQ, its also much more useful.

Where can I find the Cake Shop?
The Cake Shop can ONLY be found in the Ozette Wetlands or the Gurhacia Valley's. Ive heard some people say it can be found in Rioh Snowfield but this is untrue. The rare block instance for Rioh is the less spectacular Usanny Nest.

Also, you can only find the Cake Shop in a dead end. In other words, you must explore every path of the map in order to find it. Do not worry about missing it! It is in its own separate room, and is not a teleporter area like the arena.

At this time it is only known that you can find the Cake Shop in Single Player. You can find it in Field Runs or in Quests, so whichever suits you is fine. If someone can validate whether or not you can find the cake shop online, please do! This is one of the biggest remaining mysteries surrounding the Bakery.

Why should I want to find it?
Well, the main reason is because you want a "Compress PA" unit, which is easily one of the best units in the game. The Compress PA unit reduces the charge time for all Photon Arts by 33%, effectively cutting the charge duration by 1/3. I assume you can see why that would be incredibly useful.

In order to get the Compress PA unit you must first find the Bakery and then talk to the sister in the back. She will ask you to find her youngest sister, which will unlock the quest from the Guild Counter in town.

WARNING! YOU CAN ONLY PLAY THE QUEST ONCE PER CAKE SHOP DISCOVERY!

In order to play the quest again you must find the Bakery again! But the first time you find it you should play it on HARD! If you play it on hard, and you have beaten all other quests on HARD, you will unlock the "Gaurdian of the World" Title. This is the title that will get you the "Compress PA" unit.

In addition, you will be rewarded the Chef's Apron, although its not nearly as nice as the Compress PA unit obviously.

Anything else?
YES! Buy the spears that are at the Cake Shop! Just like the pizza place, these weapons are only attainable there, meaning if you want to add them to your weapons dictionary you must buy them at these places!

Also, keep in mind that the Compress PA unit is NOT, I REPEAT NOT the reward for the quest itself! The compress PA unit is the reward for the title that you get from beating all 15 quests on HARD difficulty. The quest reward is the Chef's Apron.

Lastly, you can only ever get the Compress PA unit ONCE. Thats not once per quest, or even once per character, thats once EVER. This is because the unit is a TITLE reward, and titles are shared between characters. So you probably dont want to go do something stupid like selling it or discarding it.

TL: DR: What's the bare minimum I need to know about this?

-Search every path in Ozette and Gurhacia! The Cake Shop ONLY appears in dead ends!
-Talk to the sister in the back of the Bakery!
-Do the quest on HARD difficulty!
-The Compress PA unit is not the reward for the quest, it is the reward for the title of beating every quest on hard difficulty!
-You can only play the Bakery quest once per finding of the Cake Shop. Make it count!
-It doesnt matter what difficulty you FOUND the cake shop, you can choose to play the quest on any difficulty, so run gurhacia or ozette on normal if you want it fast!

Evicous
Nov 29, 2009, 11:49 PM
Thank you so much. The boards have been in need of something like this for a long time.

sylwyn
Nov 29, 2009, 11:53 PM
Maybe now there will be less cake shop topics~

twiztidsinz
Nov 29, 2009, 11:57 PM
2 questions...

1). Can the shop appear on a map you've already been to?
I've heard yes, it can... just like rare spawns can show after you've cleared a map (I've seen this happen and had two chests on the same map).

2). If so, is there a minimum time you need to wait (like 15 minutes for the shops items to change), or can you just keep going in/out of the screen to refresh?

Also... Want one of these for the Pizza place!

Zero Revenge
Nov 30, 2009, 12:09 AM
Gaurdian of the World, eh Neired?

Niered
Nov 30, 2009, 12:13 AM
2 questions...

1). Can the shop appear on a map you've already been to?
I've heard yes, it can... just like rare spawns can show after you've cleared a map (I've seen this happen and had two chests on the same map).

2). If so, is there a minimum time you need to wait (like 15 minutes for the shops items to change), or can you just keep going in/out of the screen to refresh?

No. And I am pretty certain about this. The Bakery is considered its own separate room, and rooms do not change. Also, that "refresh time" is, as far as I know, store only. If you get a rare spawn by backtracking you were always going to get a rare spawn by backtracking in that map. It wouldn't matter if you did it 15 minutes, 2 days, or even 4 years after you started the map. Its just a random occurrence the game chooses at the beginning of the map.

In any case, the bakery doesn't behave that way anyways, it is its own separate room, You can even revisit it if you haven't left that map yet. Just remember to buy the spears taht are shop specific there.

Also, although I do think that a Pizza guide would be useful, you do not get a quest or unit for finding that, thats why the bakery is so much more important.

funnymatt
Nov 30, 2009, 04:17 AM
So when you get the cake shop, do you walk down a path and it's the room you see? I'm just not clear on exactly what I should be looking for. Thanks.

SquashDemon
Nov 30, 2009, 04:47 AM
Question! can you only find the cake shop in story mode or is it possible to stumble across it in Online/Wifi mode?

Aziel
Nov 30, 2009, 05:18 AM
I am also curious as to if the cake/pizza shop appear on wi-fi or multiplayer mode.

Also, does the Pizza shop only show up in these two areas as well? Sorry if that's a little off topic.

Volta
Nov 30, 2009, 09:29 AM
How much do the spears cost?

Akaimizu
Nov 30, 2009, 09:34 AM
The spears cost roughly around 3500 and 3900 each. There are two of them.

Niered
Nov 30, 2009, 12:37 PM
So when you get the cake shop, do you walk down a path and it's the room you see? I'm just not clear on exactly what I should be looking for. Thanks.

Basically, Your not going to know that its there until your in it. You'll just exit one room via a path and end up in the Bakery. Don't worry though, once inside you'll know you found it as its a room all unto itself.

I am also curious as to if the cake/pizza shop appear on wi-fi or multiplayer mode.

Also, does the Pizza shop only show up in these two areas as well? Sorry if that's a little off topic.

In regards to your first question: I honestly don't know. And its not for lack of research either, I just keep getting conflicting reports. Some people say that you can find it in multiplayer and single player, some say you can only find it in single-player field runs (not quests).

I'll tell you how I found it, I found it on a Field Run of Ozette Wetlands in Single Player Hard mode. If someone comes forward saying that they found it in Multiplayer then we'll know, but honestly until someone stumbles across it then I doubt we will have a straightforward answer to this. The thing is, it pops up SO infrequently that running Gurhacia or Ozette in multiplayer for this singular purpose is a little out of the question. If someone wants to organize a party and just do normal runs for a while that would probably be the best way of figuring it out.

In regard's to your second question, No. The Pizza shop appears in other areas.

The Bakery and pizza shop are Rare Rooms, and as far as I know, each area has only ONE type of Rare Room, and all rare rooms are found in dead ends. Heres a list of the Rare Rooms for each area that I know of, please add to this if anyone has found any others:

Gurhacia: Bakery
Ozette: Bakery
Rioh: Usanny Nest
Paru: Rappy Nest? I have heard about this but cannot confirm.
Makara: Pizza Shop? Again, never found it myself.
Arca: ???
Shrine:???

An easier way to figure out if the rare room you want is in that area is to read the message boxes that appear in some rooms. If the message speaks of, say, a Pizza Shop in Makara then you are looking in the right place. I have found Message Boxes in Paru about the Rappy Nest, but I wasnt sure if that was simply in regards to a rappy sighting.

Akaimizu
Nov 30, 2009, 01:32 PM
Good one. Because I found one about the Usanny Nest in Rioh. I think it was that Machine-based mission (forgot the name) where I saw the sign talking about Pizza. I was hoping those messages were pinpointing the area they could show up in. Sounds like there's merit to it.

Astarin
Nov 30, 2009, 01:46 PM
This is a great little guide, but I still have a feq questions.

I've seen a ton of the message capsules that mention shops and nests, but I have yet to encounter any myself. Am I doing something wrong...?

I leave no stone unturned, I always go into every room on the map. So do you just encounter these areas when you exit one room normally, or is there a separate, hidden hallway or warp that I should be looking for?

Niered
Nov 30, 2009, 02:16 PM
This is a great little guide, but I still have a feq questions.

I've seen a ton of the message capsules that mention shops and nests, but I have yet to encounter any myself. Am I doing something wrong...?

I leave no stone unturned, I always go into every room on the map. So do you just encounter these areas when you exit one room normally, or is there a separate, hidden hallway or warp that I should be looking for?

There is no hallway or warp like the arena areas. You will not miss the bakery or any other secret area if you find it, it is its own room, and it will show up on your map once you have found it.

As for not having found one, let me put it this way, after playing for a combined total of 80+ hours on my game, I have only ever found the Bakery (because I kept running ozette and gurhacia, it took about 40 combined runs) and the Usanny Nest once each.

This is in stark contrast though to my cousin, who found the bakery and the pizza shop in his first run though on normal.

They are completely random, but they seem to be MUCH rarer in occurrence than the arenas or rare enemy spawns. All I can say is, you arent doing anything wrong, your just going to need to do more runs.

Also, for any of you still sitting on the fence about doing runs for the bakery, let me remind you that the Compress PA unit cannot be found or gotten anywhere else but by beating all quests on Hard, unlike the rewards for completing all quests on Normal and Super Difficulties. Normal and Super will net you the Element Boost and Tech Level Boost, which are both nice but can also be found elsewhere (and more easily).

Also keep in mind that you can only ever get one Compress PA unit EVER because it is a title reward. This makes them incredibly rare, and I would take extremely good care of it since if you sell, discard, or trade it, it will be gone forever.

Lastly, the Compress PA unit is definitely worth all this work. The 33% cut to PA charges is a godsend, especially if like me, your a CAST and PA's are all you use PP for. It's especially nice for weapons with long charge times, such as rifles, and makes these weapons much more deadly.

Evicous
Nov 30, 2009, 05:51 PM
Gurhacia: Bakery
Ozette: Bakery
Rioh: Usanny Nest
Paru: Rappy Nest? I have heard about this but cannot confirm.
Makara: Pizza Shop? Again, never found it myself.
Arca: ???
Shrine:???
I've had a Pizza Shop appear in the Shrine before.

Para
Nov 30, 2009, 06:05 PM
Makara has Booma nest :)

Also about the cake quest... I found the shop last night but I couldn't find the girl... is she somewhere in the game and you just need to be lucky to find her?

Niered
Nov 30, 2009, 06:27 PM
Makara has Booma nest :)

Also about the cake quest... I found the shop last night but I couldn't find the girl... is she somewhere in the game and you just need to be lucky to find her?

2 things-

One, The cake sisters give you the cake quest, but like any quest you have to go to the guild counter to start it. It takes place in Rioh Snowfield and is pretty straightforward. Irregardless of what difficulty you found them in, you can do the quest on any difficulty, so do it on hard.

Two, when you say booma nest did you just find a group of booma's, or was there an actual nest (rare room) like the Usanny Nest? In other words, was the room itself special, like it had a castle in the background (this is the case with the Usanny Nest) or, like I said, was it just a wave of booma's?

Para
Nov 30, 2009, 06:52 PM
Rare room for Booma nest not wave. As for the cake quest... huh I didn't know, I better go back the guild counter to do it.

kirtblue
Dec 8, 2009, 09:54 AM
thanx for clarifying some info niered i could have swore i found it in the snowfield but i guess i wa confused by the fact the bonus mission takes place there anyway thanx a million very helpful as always

Weeaboolits
Dec 8, 2009, 01:39 PM
Pizza shop shows up in Arca Plant, ran into it the other day when going after Humilias.

Unless you already knew about that.

kirtblue
Dec 8, 2009, 01:45 PM
Pizza shop shows up in Arca Plant, ran into it the other day when going after Humilias.

Unless you already knew about that.

is it only on sh or what ive gone after humilias alot on normal and hard though various missions and accessing the field and i have yet to find it

ブルーベリー
Dec 8, 2009, 01:46 PM
I'm starting to believe Pizza Shop is like.. anywheres. People seem to have found it in a lot of places.

Niered
Dec 8, 2009, 01:49 PM
As far as I know, the only places that have the Pizza shop are Shrine and Arca, it doesn't matter what difficulty you do it on.

kirtblue
Dec 8, 2009, 01:54 PM
hmmmm well ill keep grinding then thanx again niered see previous page for more praise from me

Weeaboolits
Dec 8, 2009, 01:56 PM
It just doesn't show up that often, and Arca is a pain in the ass.

mid Knight
Dec 8, 2009, 03:23 PM
So far I been running the Shrine quests over and over and done at least over ten times access feild on it as well and I have not yet encounter the Pizza Parlor. I bet Mother Trinity is keeping the place for herself.

mid Knight
Dec 8, 2009, 05:24 PM
Forget what I said in the above post, I have just now found the pizza place in the shrine. Lol finally I can move onward from the mindless farming and yup the Pizza place is own by Newmens

Trina
Dec 9, 2009, 06:40 AM
To clarify things:

There's a rare room for each area.

Rare rooms are:
Bakery - Valley and Wetlands
Coco Hut - Shrine and Arca Plant
Usani Nest - Snowfields
Rappy Nest - Paru
Booma Nest - Cave Ruins

All rooms spawn on both quests and on field.

The bakery and Coco Hut never spawns on Wi-Fi mode.

The rooms only spawn at dead end rooms (rooms that doesn't lead anywhere else)

There is only a 2% chance of the rare room spawning when you enter a dead end room.

You can't miss a rare room once you've entered it. Both the background music and the room will be different from that of the rest of the map.

Allison_W
Dec 9, 2009, 11:39 PM
2% chance, hmm? That's good to know. I suppose I'll be busy for a while yet.

Niered
Dec 10, 2009, 12:23 AM
2% chance, hmm? That's good to know. I suppose I'll be busy for a while yet.

Yeah, its pretty low, but its not impossible by any means. Good luck!

kirtblue
Dec 20, 2009, 11:24 PM
2 percent chance that sucks ive found the cake shope twice and ive found booma nest and several usani nest so i guess ill keep trying though im getting sick of the arca plant wouldnt be so bad if humillias would drop something kewl

FoMarlBorough
Jan 4, 2010, 12:14 PM
so when you run across the info kiosk things and they talk about said shops/nests...is that an indicator that they are available on that current run?

Allison_W
Jan 4, 2010, 03:03 PM
The messages left behind that talk about rare blocks aren't an indicator that you'll find them on said run. Rather, they're an indicator that you can find such a block in that area, placed there to suggest to players who don't already know all this stuff from looking it up on the intarwebs that if they keep running that area, they might find the rare block described by the message.