PDA

View Full Version : getting back in

HaydenX
Nov 30, 2009, 02:34 PM
Hello all...
I know it's been a while since I was a regular poster, but I'm about to start PSU again; this time on PC.

A few questions:

1. One of the main reasons I'm switching to PC vs. Xbox 360 (even though I have high lvl chars on 360) is because of lag issues (possibly due to my wireless connection). My question is: Has anyone who has played both servers seen a difference in server speed between the 360 and ps2/pc servers?

2. Have the economy issues on the PS2/PC servers been fixed?

3. Will it be difficult to restart this late in the game?

4. Related to #3, do C and B ranked items still sell well on the market?

Anyone who could answer these questions would be much appreciated.

Neith
Nov 30, 2009, 03:27 PM
I can't answer the 1st question as I've not played on 360.

2) Yes, the economy issues have been ironed out. Most stuff is pretty cheap now. There's still some stuff that's rarely ever on sale (Milla, Love Inferno etc), but most other stuff is reasonably priced.

3) Parties are limited, I won't lie about that. Stick to Uni 2 and stick with the current hotspot (GBR currently) and you might get parties, but be prepared to solo a lot when it's quieter. Use Innocent Girl to get leveled fast early on.

4) I honestly don't see many C/B rank items on sale now. If buying, I'd honestly just buy from NPC, and there's not a huge amount of people left playing so there's not really a market for selling them either. Even some A-Ranks are awkward to get (I searched Card Regas last night, and only ONE made weapon was one sale- plenty of boards, but it's not what I wanted).

It's a very quiet server now, and it does sometimes feel devoid of any players, but if you stick to the current 'hotspots' you may be ok.

Deragonite
Nov 30, 2009, 03:35 PM
To answer #1.

There's a difference between lag and slowdown. Lag is when your connection has issues and there's a severe delay between your actions and when the server recognizes them. For example, if you hit a deljaban and the damage doesn't show for 3 seconds, you are lagging (or on a 56k modem across the word).

Slowdown is when the game moves in a matrix like fashion. Compare these two videos here:

Xbox (terrible slowdown at places)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEfKOyZQ58E
PC (minimum slowdown)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlgYXAHf4xs

If you have a PC with an average graphics card, you'll notice a lot less slowdown than if you were playing on the Xbox 360.