PDA

View Full Version : Paying for a Guardian's License through XBox Live?

Orrefe
Dec 1, 2009, 10:34 AM
Alright, so I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong here, unless Sonic Team doesn't want my money... and Microsoft is charging me a dollar everytime I try and fail?

So I've added my credit card payment option, which, by the way, is a Visa gift card, which I could assume right away could potentially be the problem, but on Microsofts billing site...

http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx317/Nevando/paymentproblems2.png

It says it's good. So that means it will accept, right?

So I've been trying to purchase a Guardian's License from my console for the past half hour, only getting a, "Can't authorize the selected payment option." Wtf?

Also, somehow during my journey of self-discovery/trying to find out what is wrong, I have been charged 3 times by Microsoft and I don't know what for.

http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx317/Nevando/paymentproblems.png

There is one thing... under the cardholder's name, it has my name, followed by a dash and the last 4 digits of my credit card number. I'm clearly new to this credit card mumbo jumbo, but I've been putting in the cardholders name with just my name. Do I add the numbers in my name on Microsofts billing site? Is that important? I don't want to try messing around with my payment option only to be charged by Microsoft some more.

dingo123
Dec 1, 2009, 12:35 PM
basically, visa gift cards dont work with recurring payments which is what the guardians license is. you can buy microsoft points and stuff but not guardians license. and for the $1.00 things, thats for MS to check if you have money in the card. the money will be refunded back to you in a few days.

Orrefe
Dec 4, 2009, 11:49 AM
Ah yeah, my friend was looking through the conditions and found that out, so another friend of mine bought a Mastercard gift card [in exchange for my Visa gift card], and it works, so I'm now playing PSU again

And it's nice to know that I will be refunded XD