PDA

View Full Version : Question on boss etiquette

IRAXIOTRE
Dec 1, 2009, 03:29 PM
my FO-gf (new to phantasy star) was fighting dark falz with a party of 4. her party members were continuously dying so she quickly exhausted her moon atomizers and had no choice but to leave them defeated. she continued to fight eventually killing dark falz on her own.

in this situation do you:
A) allow yourself to die to rejoin the party and complete the stage together?
or
B) complete it on your own like she did taking all the glory and exp?

GHNeko
Dec 1, 2009, 03:33 PM
...I think you can still get EXP when you're dead. <_>

Tulio07
Dec 1, 2009, 06:18 PM
complete it.

TaciturnBadger
Dec 1, 2009, 06:21 PM
I'm not sure about online etiquette, but I suppose I can chip in with what my old offline troupe used to do on PSO.

It primarily results in a question of whether or not it's worth it to the crew to get past the boss and move on. If everyone is getting thoroughly whallopped time and time again, then the last man standing almost has an obligation to squeeze out every last drop of damage out just to kill the b@stard, so everyone can get back to dungeon crawling and actually having fun. On the other hand, if the battle is going smoothly and everyone just dies due to some freak accident (a Megid from Dark Falz miraculously registering on 3 players' collision boxes at once because they're on top of each other, for example [it happened!]), then it's just being a punk to take it over.

On a side note, though, if they're just playing sloppy to mooch your g/f's resources and be lazy, and just mooched too far, then I say go for it and hog the XP.

pixelstar
Dec 1, 2009, 06:36 PM
On a side note, though, if they're just playing sloppy to mooch your g/f's resources and be lazy, and just mooched too far, then I say go for it and hog the XP.

I second this.

Your GF tried to revive them but ran out of moon atomizers because they kept dying so it's not her fault in any way. I don't think it'd be rude of her to complete the boss in this case, nor should the others get mad at her for it.
It'd be different if somehow the other three characters became incapacitated and she defeated the boss on her own while being able to revive them.
The point is to have fun.

Concerning EXP, is it distributed to fallen characters as well?

Niered
Dec 1, 2009, 06:38 PM
Do what you can to keep the party alive, but in the end, if they couldnt beat it the first time chances are they couldnt survive the 2nd (unless of course it wast there first time they ever fought the boss, and just didnt know how to deal with him). Your girlfriend did all she could, so its on their heads that they were unable to do anything else.

Randomness
Dec 1, 2009, 06:40 PM
Just one question.... FOs can rez. Not that that changes the validity of the above discussion, since it does drain 20+ PP to do so. (And only heals 1 HP)

TaciturnBadger
Dec 1, 2009, 06:55 PM
Though this thread did bring up a point.. I know in PSO, experience wasn't given to becroaked hunters, but is it distributed in PSZ? Anybody with experience (no pun intended) in this scenario?

Java378
Dec 1, 2009, 07:04 PM
I switch palettes, but sometimes you have to face the facts, they can't handle it.

IRAXIOTRE
Dec 1, 2009, 07:12 PM
thanks for all of your insights. i kind of gave her a hard time about beating dark falz without the group >_> hehe. there definitely isn't as strong a connection amongst an online party in ps0 compared with pso. but at least she won't catch me getting messages and sneaking around with female characters i think are girls who are actually boys X_X.

@Randomness - i didn't know FOs can revive...apparently i am no longer able to read =(. grants i'm assuming?

Randomness
Dec 1, 2009, 07:22 PM
No, the charged Anti also rezzes with 1 HP. Technically, this means any non-cast can revive. I do it all the time with my HUnewearl to keep the NPCs alive to distract enemies. (Casts can rez to half HP with Heal Traps, similar to Moons)

Breakfast2go
Dec 2, 2009, 03:32 AM
No, the charged Anti also rezzes with 1 HP.

I did not know that.
.:Thank you:.

kirtblue
Dec 8, 2009, 10:04 AM
you know i only got one question did the 3 other party members all die at the same time or what i guess what im geting at is unless they all died at the same time they should be using moons too not just her so they really suck and die alot or they are just being lazy moochers