PDA

View Full Version : Downloadable content?

Ice_ryu
Dec 2, 2009, 09:38 AM
Any word? and what is a "DS Retail Download Station?

I read that Japan already has recieved downloadable content on a gaming site.

Itchee
Dec 2, 2009, 09:47 AM
We're not getting any DLC, from what ive heard.
Would require a DSi, which alot of people dont have apparently (I do and its awesome) and you have to account for the fact that NA releases are generally half-assed when compared to their JP counterparts.

Ice_ryu
Dec 2, 2009, 10:09 AM
I have a DSI also, thats why I still have a little hope we get some of that over here

Zephton
Dec 2, 2009, 11:05 AM
I heard something about an original PSO level being put up for DLC eventually. But yeah, if that happens I won't be surprised if it is Japan only...

GHNeko
Dec 2, 2009, 12:36 PM
I heard something about an original PSO level being put up for DLC eventually. But yeah, if that happens I won't be surprised if it is Japan only...

PSZ Demo for DSiWare only.

xSHiNOx
Dec 2, 2009, 01:03 PM
oh dear god i hope they dont make DLC for people with dsi. it would be unfair to phat/lite owners

Itchee
Dec 2, 2009, 01:29 PM
oh dear god i hope they dont make DLC for people with dsi. it would be unfair to phat/lite owners

This is why they wont, cuz too many people will bitch and complain (no offense)....when in reality, they should do the opposite, and release more content via DLC/DSiware in an effort to get people to buy an upgraded DS in order to partake in the content they otherwise wouldnt be able to. I dont really think people in japan piss and moan cuz they cant DL things because they have an older system.
In all seriousness, there needs to be more available via DSiware because currently the available content is sparce and shitty....same goes for Wiiware, imo (while on the other hand, Sony recently started allowing direct DLs throu their network on the PSP and already that service is leaps and bounds better than nintendos. Tons of full release games, demos, and special online only content....you never have to go out of your house to purchase new stuff for your PSP).

Aziel
Dec 2, 2009, 01:30 PM

It will likely happen eventually, as unfortunate as it may sound. I have a DSi and I'm pretty annoyed by the prospect, myself (mostly because the only reason I bought a DSi in the first place was because my DSfat broke). D:
Granted, what annoys me a bit more is how absolutely useless the DSi's shop channel is currently. It barely has enough DLC to be utilizing the online shop channel--the STAPLE OF THE DSi--even remotely efficiently.

GHNeko
Dec 2, 2009, 01:56 PM
It will likely happen eventually, as unfortunate as it may sound.

...what?

no it wont because the current iteration of PSZ has no way to work with DSi content/hardware. It can't access anything exclusive to the DSi because of the way it was crafted (ie for DSes)

it uses the basic DS functions that are avaliable on all DSes and has no access to DSi capabilities programmed into it.

They'd have to come out with a new version of PSZ with DSi capabilities first before PSZ would be able to even fathom getting DLC and extra content.

<_>

It's like trying to play a PS2 game on a PS3 and hope you can get DLC and PSN capabilities. Really.

PSZ = PS2 Game
DSi = PS3

Niered
Dec 2, 2009, 01:57 PM
It will likely happen eventually, as unfortunate as it may sound. I have a DSi and I'm pretty annoyed by the prospect, myself (mostly because the only reason I bought a DSi in the first place was because my DSfat broke). D:
Granted, what annoys me a bit more is how absolutely useless the DSi's shop channel is currently. It barely has enough DLC to be utilizing the online shop channel--the STAPLE OF THE DSi--even remotely efficiently.

No, it wont. Not for PSZ. If the japanese havent heard anything about it and the game is a year old there, then were not getting any.

I cannot tell you how many times this question gets brought up, and I simply dont understand why people keep holding out this ridiculous hope for it. PSZ would have had to have been programmed with the ability to access DLC, which it wasn't. You can't "patch" a cartridge either, so unless the game was specifically made with the idea that eventually it would get it, it wont.

Aziel
Dec 2, 2009, 02:11 PM
I wasn't aware of that. I thought this was something already available to the JP players.
However, I haven't really paid any attention to this subject until stumbling across this topic.

GHNeko
Dec 2, 2009, 02:56 PM
We need a sticky.

Seriously. <_>

Ice_ryu
Dec 2, 2009, 03:01 PM
According to a site I visited earlier, dont ak, I dont remember, some downloaded PSZ content was available since last year, some updated to the build in commands but were availabl at DS Download retail stations, whatever that was. I will see if I can find the acticle when i have time. And note that PSZERO was released after DSI by a month or so. another note, 1 year difference in relase date from Us to Japan. Unless you wrote the code yourself don't be so adament.

GHNeko
Dec 2, 2009, 03:01 PM
Then it was for the PSZ Demo. Not for the actual game.

The actual game is incapable of DLC unless the functionality comes with the game, which it does not.

Niered
Dec 2, 2009, 03:07 PM
According to a site I visited earlier, dont ak, I dont remember, some downloaded PSZ content was available since last year, some updated to the build in commands but were availabl at DS Download retail stations, whatever that was. I will see if I can find the acticle when i have time. And note that PSZERO was released after DSI by a month or so. another note, 1 year difference in relase date from Us to Japan. Unless you wrote the code yourself don't be so adament.

No. Those werent "updates". Those were downloadable Pictochats. It was no different than capturing another person's pictochat in WiFi basically. That's pretty old news. Don't cite what you dont recall correctly.

And no, I didnt write the code myself, but I do program video games in my spare time, and I can tell you that IF sega had made the game capable of DLC, I'm sure the japanese would have heard something about DLC. They havent. The only DLC that is POSSIBLY being made available is for the DSi "PSZ Mini" game, but nothing has been said about that for months now, so I wouldnt hold your breath.

xSHiNOx
Dec 2, 2009, 03:28 PM
theres no point for them to release the psz mini demo game now. the full psz game is out. they should have released psz mini earlier this year to let people test out psz at a cost on dsiware store so that they can decide if they want to get psz or not

GHNeko
Dec 2, 2009, 04:07 PM
Actually. There is. It would be for the people who have the demo but havn't gotten the game. It could be to help hold them over or to help further convince the unsure. Or it could just be a nostalgia factor for people who got the real game and the demo.

There are plenty of reasons to release it. :V

xSHiNOx
Dec 2, 2009, 05:04 PM
no. there really is no point now unless sega wants to make a quick buck off of suckers. psz is out and people should get it if they are into action rpgs or phantasy star online series.

sega should have never made the stupid psz mini demo =p

LouieW
Dec 2, 2009, 05:20 PM
The only possible downloadable content that I can think of would have to be something that is already in the game's programming that is just closed off. I do not know how familiar anyone is with how Pokemon events work, but I think if there was any additional content to PSZ it would have to be added like that. Basically it would need to be activating something already in the game. However, I think people have already been looking through the programming so I would guess that they would probably have found such content already. Although there is still some possibility of that not being true I do not see it as a very good one.

GHNeko
Dec 2, 2009, 05:49 PM
unless sega wants to make a quick buck off of suckers.

WELL WHAT DO YOU KNOW. THERE IS ONE MORE REASON RIGHT THERE.

FUNNY HOW YOU PROVE ME CORRECT. <3333

TaciturnBadger
Dec 2, 2009, 05:57 PM
no. there really is no point now unless sega wants to make a quick buck off of suckers.

They could make a far greater profit from the already existing PS fanbase by re-releasing the plush Rappy toys.

Sigh....

xSHiNOx
Dec 2, 2009, 06:58 PM
ghneko, you'd be sega's first sucker if you had a dsi and wanted to get their ugly demo =p

i still say they wont release the stupid demo on dsiware. waste of space. sega would get more $ off of people buying the actual full psz game than a demo

Niered
Dec 2, 2009, 07:02 PM
ghneko, you'd be sega's first sucker if you had a dsi and wanted to get their ugly demo =p

i still say they wont release the stupid demo on dsiware. waste of space. sega would get more $ off of people buying the actual full psz game than a demo

If sega wanted to attempt to make up for the total lack of advertising for PSZ, they'd make PSZ Mini a free or extremely cheap download from the DSi store. Considering the overall lack of titles on the store, it would stick out quite a bit, and actually get people interested in the game.

But hey, why start advertising now eh?

Hyleus
Dec 2, 2009, 07:08 PM
I think that would be really cool if we could have DLC. I was also thinking about if they were to add it in a second PSZ, like how they have PSPII coming out, I think PSZ needs a Sequel.

GHNeko
Dec 2, 2009, 07:26 PM

Pfft. They wish. I'm a smart sega fanboy. Not a stupid one. I know their tricks now.

If I wanted to play forest one. I'd pop in PSO. Not pay for a demo with a non-humar that does not have an afro.

:V

xSHiNOx
Dec 2, 2009, 07:35 PM
and like i said and ill keep saying it, they wont bring this demo to america. sega wouldnt waste their time translating a pathetic demo when they can get more money off the real game from people buying it

GHNeko
Dec 2, 2009, 07:44 PM
I was talking stictly about JP as the demo only game out in JP.

twiztidsinz
Dec 2, 2009, 09:26 PM
in an effort to get people to buy an upgraded DSOh yes, because they need to sell MORE handheld systems.
It's not like they have sold us the Nintendo DS, the Nintendo DS Lite, the Nintendo DSi and now Nintendo DSi LL.

Oh wait.. they have.

Can you imagine if Microsoft did that with the 360? Or Sony with the PS3?
Offered a new version of the same console but with exclusive content?