PDA

View Full Version : CD cases

Weeaboolits
Dec 2, 2009, 02:04 PM
Don't you hate it when you buy a CD (go ahead and laugh if you want, but don't bother posting about how you don't buy them, I don't care), and when you open it up the disc falls right out of the case? You look at the case to find that the middle bit that holds it in place didn't manage survived the trip through shipping. Sure, I'll just be putting it into a travel case after copying it onto my computer and not actually using the disc (much less the case) that much, but it still pisses me off.

Sayara
Dec 2, 2009, 10:16 PM
that first drop actually destroyed a CD of mine once.

Nitro Vordex
Dec 2, 2009, 10:43 PM
I remember having that happen with video games too. It's really irritating.

Delete
Dec 3, 2009, 01:08 AM
It's happened to me a couple times. Mainly with games though.

CrimsomWolf
Dec 3, 2009, 02:50 AM
That's the case with pretty much most of the music CD I bought. It get's even worse then, because soon after you discover that the case starts breaking up. I have about five who's openings neatly split from the rest of the case. It's even better when you get those CD cases with two CD's, and the middle part holding the discs starts jamming (so you can't turn it over without braking something) or simply breaks off and falls to the floor with both discs.

And that's why you should open your CD's when sittingon bed or better, floor.

Outrider
Dec 3, 2009, 11:39 AM
I've actually had that happen very rarely with CDs. Most of the time, a new CD is pretty firmly held in place, to the point where I worry I'll break it when I take it out of the case.

Games & DVDs on the other hand...

AC9breaker
Dec 3, 2009, 04:32 PM
Well it's for that reason that I make sure the case is flat when I open it. Then I take out the sleeve and CD and put it in my CD pack thing and throw the case away. Sometimes I keep the cases though that have cool back case art. I hate the cases that are like pieces of cardboard paper folded together. Cause they usually never bring a manual/sleeve that fits my CD Pack thingy. Like the last skinny puppy CD I brought, Mythmaker.

Kylie
Dec 8, 2009, 04:12 PM
I'm still a big time physical copy enthusiast, and I feel the same way. But there are other gems with the opposite problem, where the CD is impossible to get out. I usually put all my CD's in one case and keep the album case in a drawer with others, so I'd rather it be loose than stuck in the original case.