PDA

View Full Version : Elements and weaknesses

oohjohn
Dec 2, 2009, 10:57 PM
1. WTF is native?
2. What are the weaknesses like ie. Native > Beast or w/e like that
3. What techniques would i use for w/e boss (ie. Reyburn is Native) what would i for him? Fire? Ice? Dark? Light?

Niered
Dec 2, 2009, 11:06 PM
Native, Beast, Machine, and Dark are enemy classifications. This has little to do with the techniques you should use against them (except in the case of say, machines, where you can assume most are weak to lightning) and is related to weapons. Weapons oftentimes have a percentage next to an enemy type. For instance, if you have a handgun with 40% to native, it means you will do 40% more damage to native enemies.

Having several weapons each with good percents to different enemies is a good idea.

Like I said, enemy types have little to do with technique resistances. Those are other stats entirely. In Reyburn's case, I hear that Zonde is nice for being able to hit no matter where he is.

oohjohn
Dec 2, 2009, 11:15 PM
wow i got it totally wrong hhaha thank you for the clarification. Well now that i've got that cleared up.

What about weaknesses to techs? is there any actual weakness to one of them? or is it only resistance?

Niered
Dec 2, 2009, 11:24 PM
I dont really understand what your saying...clarification please?

Let me see if I can try to help.

All enemies have different amounts of resistance to tech's in-game, you just need to find the one they have the least resistance to. As you go up into Hard and Super Hard difficulties, the enemies will increase there resistances (though, not to the extent they did in PSO, where Forces were nerfed in the endgame because there damage output wasnt on par with everyone else.)

So its really just experimentation and realizing which techniques are good against what enemies.

oohjohn
Dec 2, 2009, 11:36 PM
well you answered what i was wondering....but just to clarify

For Example: Pokemon and its Super Effectiveness on some types

Type 1 Type 2
Fire - 0% Fire - -100%
Water - 20% Water - 100%

such as this does PS0 have elemental weaknesses or just resistance

Niered
Dec 2, 2009, 11:37 PM
just resistance.