PDA

View Full Version : Spam So uh, have you heard about Dragon Age and "that" scene.

Shadowpawn
Dec 3, 2009, 03:12 AM
How about them Eagles? >_>

Zarode
Dec 3, 2009, 03:19 AM
What, was it a zoophilia scene?

CrimsomWolf
Dec 3, 2009, 03:19 AM
Sorry, I don't watch Fox News.

Shadowpawn
Dec 3, 2009, 03:28 AM
What, was it a zoophilia scene?

Well it did involve a man and other male being of a different species (whatever or not he belongs in a zoo is up to you.~)

Zarode
Dec 3, 2009, 03:34 AM
That game is all about knocking up stuff. What was it this time?

Shadowpawn
Dec 3, 2009, 03:41 AM
That game is all about knocking up stuff. What was it this time?

There's a dialog choice in the game allows you to go "Brokeback Mountain" with an elf. I thought it was joke until I saw the video, it was interesting. Though you might have already known about it.

EDIT: Zevran is the elf's name.

Zarode
Dec 3, 2009, 03:46 AM
You can even knock up your party members.

If you get them to like you enough. Hell, one of the first things I did on my Dwarf noble was go down on two noble hunters (whores who want your cash). Next day? Killed my slimy brother. 8)

Shadowpawn
Dec 3, 2009, 03:48 AM
You can even knock up your party members.

If you get them to like you enough. Hell, one of the first things I did on my Dwarf noble was go down on two noble hunters (whores who want your cash). Next day? Killed my slimy brother. 8)

Oh wow, I need to pick up this game.

SabZero
Dec 3, 2009, 05:22 AM
There's a dialog choice in the game allows you to go "Brokeback Mountain" with an elf. I thought it was joke until I saw the video, it was interesting. Though you might have already known about it.

So? Feeling a little homophobic?

Mixfortune
Dec 3, 2009, 05:40 AM
Lesbian cowboy position is still as good as it's going to get.

Zarode
Dec 3, 2009, 05:52 AM
Oh wow, I need to pick up this game.

It is really fun. Try to get it for the PC, though. The console versions are fine, but the controls and combat are superior in the PC version. Unless you really hate WoW interfaces and pause-and-play combat (think KoTOR)

Sayara
Dec 3, 2009, 06:49 AM
goty.

DreXxiN
Dec 3, 2009, 08:07 AM

Yeah, of course bringing up the fact that it happens, naturally, means he's homophobic.

BLAAAAAACK DUUUUUUUUDES. THEY ARE EVERYWHEREEEEEEE. Now I'm racist.

*clears throat*

I've heard how much controversy this scene has spewed (I think it even made news..) It's just insane.

I've seen my bro play through loads of Dragon Age and it definitely is really awesome on the impact of the way things go depending on what you do.

Nitro Vordex
Dec 3, 2009, 08:46 AM
I didn't even know there was a scene like that.

I did see the scene with the chick with the huge thangs and probably looked like she shopped at Hot Topic.

Shadowpawn
Dec 3, 2009, 09:36 AM

I think you misunderstand, I was dancing around words because FKL has a policy (or had, I'm not sure if it change or not) against talking about innuendos. I figured blatantly talking about sex would be taboo as well (and as I far as I know I haven't outright said anything like that. >_> )

Outrider
Dec 3, 2009, 11:52 AM
Your male character can have sex with a male party member.

That is something you can talk about in FKL.

Shadowpawn
Dec 3, 2009, 12:02 PM
Your male character can have sex with a male party member.

That is something you can talk about in FKL.

Cool.

astuarlen
Dec 3, 2009, 01:21 PM

I'm not sure why it would have been a joke--oh, wait, sexay ladies doin' sexay things in video games = YES; man-on-man action = soooo squicky.

Interesting that Zevran's character is bisexual and kind of a complete stereotype (constantly talking about sex and making passes at your character in his suave, "exotic" voice--and he's quick to make good on those suggestions).

I guess I should give Bioware props for at least including the option at all.

Shadowpawn
Dec 3, 2009, 01:27 PM
Well they fact that they somewhat show them having sex is what I thought was the joke, I had the same reaction when I found out about the Hot Coffee mini game in GTA:SA. It's just that you typically don't see sex scenes in games, regardless of sexual preference.

astuarlen
Dec 3, 2009, 01:32 PM
I think you're playing the wrong games, Pawn. Check out this steamy version of Ski Free: [link redacted]

Shadowpawn
Dec 3, 2009, 01:37 PM
Sorry, bestiality ain't my thing. >_>

Outrider
Dec 3, 2009, 01:42 PM
Actually, Bioware generally allows you to have homosexual characters, though I know a few recent games (Jade Empire, Mass Effect) didn't have an option for male-male encounters or relationships.

I definitely remember the brothel in Neverwinter Nights having a sexy lady elf, a sexy human dude, and a sexy midget/dwarf/gnome/something.

Yeah, it was a pretty kinky place from what I recall.

Of course, my character was a Lawful Good Paladin, so he did not respond well to their advances.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Dec 3, 2009, 02:32 PM
Wow I didn't expect this from a game such as this. I didn't really give it a glance since it's basically (to me) a generic western fantasy game.

So such heathen things go on in this game huh? I never knew it had this level of depth. Maybe I misjudged this game. Hmmmm....*adds to Gamefly queu*

Zarode
Dec 3, 2009, 04:07 PM
It is really fun. Bloody, too. I splattered this one dude with my greatsword, and all that was left was a chunk of his brain, his small intestines, and what I assumed was a combo of blood, stool, and bile.

Story is good, for a D&Der.

astuarlen
Dec 3, 2009, 04:24 PM
Dragon Age isn't "a generic western fantasy game"; it is Western Fantasy Game, distilled and flavored to perfection.
Hyperbole aside, it's really, truly worth your time--I don't care how precious--though I strongly recommend the PC over console version. As with any game, there are flaws (and, to be sure, I'd love to see it break out of the LotRish elves-dwarves-dragons mold, even if it's probably one of the best and most refined incarnations of that megatrope), but it's stable, pretty, fun, and rather well-scripted (with plenty of Easter eggy references to boot).

And the character creator is mad fun (http://kerrybarnett.com/misc/daougly.jpg) to mess around with (http://kerrybarnett.com/misc/daougly2.jpg).

beatrixkiddo
Dec 3, 2009, 05:23 PM
How about them Eagles? >_>

Yeah, I heard about it... about 2 weeks ago when I played the game.

Mixfortune
Dec 4, 2009, 01:12 AM
For such a seemingly mind blowing twist against reality this seems to be for this thread, it's really not that big of a draw to the game itself. If you're expecting all this amazing controversial design at every turn, you'll soon forget it plays a part at all once you get involved.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Dec 4, 2009, 01:32 AM
Well now I'm guessing we not only slaughter evil monsters but also get to have it up the pooper, eh? Sounds like a smashing good time. But one thing is troubling me. Do we get to use any spells? Just out of curiosity.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 4, 2009, 02:45 AM
I think you're playing the wrong games, Pawn. Check out this steamy version of Ski Free: [link redacted]
Hardcore Wii games, there are more out there than you think there are?

...daougly.jpg
...daougly2.jpg

"That's hot!" / that one Hotel Heiress, whatever that means, inheriting buildings?

Beats up the Wii but reminds of the makeup options of theirs:
[spoiler-box]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/HAYABUSA-FMW-/doublemintmii.png

Makes me look hotter than reality too:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/HAYABUSA-FMW-/flashmii.png
I guess in a Star Trek shirt kinda way.[/spoiler-box]

-

GAME INFOZ

Read about this has not that much in the way of story/quest progressions outside of the linear (line, PSU joke?) paths. Can't even backtrack one area to get some more exploring on?

Anything well done, must check out, past their old stuff in Knights/Mass Effect/Jade Empire ? Some natural progression besides less buggery, a more stable game?

That thing said above was a criticism on that Mass Effect, letter section back when EGM still existed, related to some book(!) about somebody who ran around flogging any which sex - and he'd probably work both sides of the blue people as well, so why can't we do this?

SabZero
Dec 4, 2009, 04:38 AM
Ah well, they show really nothing. And you're not seeing 3d people having sex, it's more like cuddling. With underwear on *giggle*. They're also not modeled very well and movement is stiff and unnatural.

Really you'd think people would be more shocked at the decapitations and excessive blood.