PDA

View Full Version : ATA in super hard

THOTH
Dec 4, 2009, 04:27 PM
Hey, I was wondering how much ATA is needed to hit decently on SH mode? I have a FOmar and a HUnewm and trying to figure out builds...

What's the most accuracy you'd have without feeling like you wasted points in other areas?

Thanks!

Pavichokche
Dec 4, 2009, 04:41 PM
I can't really tell you, because I haven't unlocked SH mode yet, but with about 500-650 points you should be feeling pretty solid. I have a character that has around 330 (with a mediocre slicer) and misses like all the time in HARD mode, but with daggers (and about 550 ATA) she never misses, not even with the powerful attack.

So my guess would be 550+ to be able to land hits. To be sure, just get a shield, claws, a saber or daggers since they boost ATA quite a bit :D

I'm looking forward to finding out how my own characters do in SH mode...

Java378
Dec 5, 2009, 01:47 AM
I'm a level 71 FOmar, I went into superhard with a level 100 Humarl, who later turned out to be a hacker with a Humarl skin and RAmarl(and stats) character. She hit 100g dmg tops and always hit. I kept missing. I hadn't missed since well, ever. And I spent the other 3 days in Eternal Tower on hard.

I was in the snow field.

Donnikun
Dec 5, 2009, 02:36 AM
Im a level 81 FOmar, i have little difficulty beating dark shrine on hard and i did hard mode eternal tower and breezed right through it, and i then unlocked super hard mode, went to guracia valley and couldnt hit for crap, i use slicers, but somewhere between hard mode and super hard mode my ATA became much less useful, im guessing combat forces need to up their ATA a bit, i have 20 ATA on my Femini. its a 40 def 30 mind 20 hit 10 pow build. I do hit a decent ammount of times though now since i got a better slicer, but once i hunt down the kouga shuriken ill see how it fares, being it has the hightest ATA of all slicers.

darkante
Dec 5, 2009, 04:15 AM
I also think 550. It some kind of a magical number in a way.

ブルーベリー
Dec 5, 2009, 07:15 AM
Im not going to ask why you did that do your poor Femini, Donni. :P

kirtblue
Dec 8, 2009, 10:21 AM
my fonewearl cant hit anything on hard with a slicer ever

sylwyn
Dec 8, 2009, 10:29 AM
I would say when you reach 450 combined ATA your hit rate will go above 50% in SH mode. When you hit 500 ATA you will be hitting most of the time online and offline. While in my experience 520-530 ATA should be enough if one just uses regular attacks getting up to 550 will allow the use of hard attacks and PAs with accuracy mods below 100% without knowing that you will miss somewhere in there.

Niered
Dec 8, 2009, 10:33 AM
With equipment factored in, my Level 91 RAcast has 558 ata. This is a solid number, but wont allow you to consecutively pull a normal-hard-hard on most tougher enemies (the second hard attack hits only about 50% of the time on anything from Arca or Shrine) but a normal-normal-hard will hit all 3 shots around 90% of the time.

This is sort of annoying to me, as my RAcast in PSO was able to do hard-hard-hard's on virtually anything in the game after a certain point. But if I find it to much of an annoyance I might just make a 80/20 power/dex mag for just this purpose.

Of course, keep in mind that if your worrying about ATA that all PA's have an ATA modifier. Some like "Sneak Mine" go pretty high, (200%) or you can always find a weapon with a nice big fat ata % on it t o make up the difference.

Zephton
Dec 8, 2009, 11:25 AM
I'm in the process of making a secondary 50 power/ 50 hit mag for my HUnewm to use in SH mode. Part of me feels like it won't be enough, so if necessary I will make an 100 hit mag as well until he has enough natural ATA to use the 50/50.

Hatrix
Dec 9, 2009, 05:32 PM
I just equip a hit slot into my armor and if you still can't hit them keep an eye out for those hit% weapons. Super is just like Ult mode on pso find the high end weps or phail.