PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one?

STEREO
Dec 5, 2009, 01:58 PM
PSZ is great and all, less stiff in combat than it's predecessors and the like, but I have lots of beef with its theme.

Everything is better or atlest comprable to PSO except the style. It's too cutesy. Too anime-ish. It lacks the dark sci-fi feeling that made PSO unique, and got me playing.

Does anyone else feel like this?

Neoshine
Dec 5, 2009, 02:03 PM
The only thought I have on that, is it's on the DS. So they had to sacrifice something for it, looks like it was the style. =\

Ezodagrom
Dec 5, 2009, 02:03 PM
No, I like it more than pso (well, everyone has different tastes). :>

mid Knight
Dec 5, 2009, 02:08 PM
Nope, I accept it for what it is. It's suppose to be it's own series and not in relation to PSO. I mean if it's similar theme or style to PSO then it may be called PSO ds or something.

GHNeko
Dec 5, 2009, 02:22 PM
PSO had Afros and black people.

PSZ does not.

therefore PSO > PSZ by my infallible logic.

Weeaboolits
Dec 5, 2009, 02:48 PM
I'd have to agree that PSZ is nowhere near as interesting in setting as PSO, everything that followed it lacked that gritty atmosphere that PSO had where no one was really on your side and everyone had their hands dirty. PSU and PSZ are pretty clean cut WE ARE THE HEROES, LETS GO SAVE PEOPLE, whereas PSO everyone was out for their own self-interests, which is a little more believable.

Oh, Racton got himself lost in the forest? I don't care, no one's paying me to look for him, I never liked him anyway.

Also, Sarisa is very annoying with her constant WE WILL SUCCEED BECAUSE WE HAVE THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP, Reve is my favorite NPC simply because he's the only one that tells her to shut up.

kongajinken
Dec 5, 2009, 02:53 PM
WE WILL SUCCEED BECAUSE WE HAVE THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP

GHNeko
Dec 5, 2009, 02:54 PM
kongajinken wins this thread.

forever.

TaciturnBadger
Dec 5, 2009, 02:58 PM
...but Ogi does tell her she has an obvious lack of.. frontage.

Doesn't that score any points? LOL

Weeaboolits
Dec 5, 2009, 03:02 PM
Ogi didn't even need that, his cut-scene for getting his new body in Arca Plant was enough (the Japanese version was better though, since he basically DBZ charged the whole way through, which made it even more hilarious). Not to mention when he suddenly acquired ridiculously over-the-top southern mannerisms upon first acquiring a body.

TaciturnBadger
Dec 5, 2009, 03:03 PM
I just wish they had that part voice-acted. That would have easily topped the Ogi-change scene as the coolest cut-scene in the cart.

Weeaboolits
Dec 5, 2009, 03:15 PM
I doubt it, the little voice acting we got was pretty mediocre. It probably would have been a really bad fake accent, which he would use to mispronounce his own name somehow.

GHNeko
Dec 5, 2009, 03:28 PM
lol 128MB Cart limit.

Zufield
Dec 5, 2009, 03:46 PM
IT'S LIKE I'M REALLY PLAYING A BRAND NEW LUNAR GAME

Which is cool. I like Lunar. Same character designer and all, y'know.

TaciturnBadger
Dec 5, 2009, 03:50 PM
Well.. they could have omitted the "totally awesome and intriguing" opening movies for the three races. All 14 seconds of them.