PDA

View Full Version : Question About PSU For Ps2

Ryukaze
Dec 6, 2009, 06:54 PM
Hi, I was Gonna buy a ps3 but i just PSZ for Ds and i really Like it i havent really been into Phantasy Star Until i played Psz and i was just woundering can i go online with PSU for Ps2 on a Ps3 Console ? Or Maybe i should just get a 360 and get PSU for that .. ? Can someone Help me Out b4 My Aunt Buys me the wrong Console :-P?

Volcompat321
Dec 6, 2009, 07:03 PM
You can play PSU online (even wireless) if you have the PS3 model that is backwards compatible with PS2 games.

(If you have a 60GB then that works).

I played PSU on my PS3 many times.
Though I suggest, if you can, play on the PC instead, or play on 360 servers.

The PS3 has the same slowdown as the PS2, and that's horrible.

Zelendria_Ru
Dec 6, 2009, 07:13 PM
Don't forget, don't you need an Xbox Live account PLUS the PSU fee to play on 360?

If you get a used PS3 its better for the backwards compatibility...the 60gig version was the last with hardware backwards compatibility.

burninglink5
Dec 6, 2009, 07:24 PM
Don't forget, don't you need an Xbox Live account PLUS the PSU fee to play on 360?

If you get a used PS3 its better for the backwards compatibility...the 60gig version was the last with hardware backwards compatibility.

No, to play PSU on the 360 you only need a free Xbox Live Silver account. Coupled with a much bigger community and not as much slowdown, the 360 version is definitely the way to go over the PS2 version.

DAMASCUS
Dec 7, 2009, 01:17 AM
...the 60gig version was the last with hardware backwards compatibility.

I have the 80gig PS3 and it IS backward compatible. Other than a slight loading glitch at bootup it works great. The main difference that I noticed is that the weapon loading is much better so switching weapons is easier. Its still just the PS2 version smoothed over however.

The XBox360 performs much better and has a better population. Although PSU is best with a kick-ass PC the servers population it shares with the PS2 version is sad to say the least.

Volcompat321
Dec 7, 2009, 02:14 AM
The XBox360 performs much better and has a larger population.

Fixed.

Bigger doesn't always mean better, unless you're talking about certain things.

Mystil
Dec 7, 2009, 04:34 AM
Its not that big anymore.

Zelendria_Ru
Dec 8, 2009, 11:12 AM
I have the 80gig PS3 and it IS backward compatible. Other than a slight loading glitch at bootup it works great. The main difference that I noticed is that the weapon loading is much better so switching weapons is easier. Its still just the PS2 version smoothed over however.

Oh interesting, the 80gig is using a software emulation mode, maybe they have increased the ram available, similar to Bleem for the PC and PS1 titles???

I didn't mean to suggest that its not backwards compatible, only that the Emotion chip was removed from that version to cut costs...

Agreed, PC is the best by far (I'm a Xbox hater if you must know) as far as performance etc.

Most people will agree that the tendency for Xbox to be the first version to die may point to something imho...