PDA

View Full Version : ps0 Timeline Work- Let's fit it in

AzureBlaze
Dec 10, 2009, 02:30 AM
Spoilers Ahead!

So once upon a time someone here (I forget who) had a really nice timeline put together for PSO. However, now it is revealed that ps0 is in the same universe as PSO, just taking place at some point in the ancient history. My question is WHEN. There are 2 spots that it could occur in with the facts that we know.

The places of ps0 are Earth=Coral and Moon=Arca

PSO Says: We know that Coral got polluted AND had wars among the 12-nation Alliance that drove people to want to leave. This led to the Pioneer projects and the colonization of Ragol etc. THEN the plot of PSO takes place.

ps0 Says: We know that once, Coral had a high-level civilization that polluted. They invented Motherbrain to stop it, they proceeded to annoy her making her succeptible to Falz influence, it influenced her, she nuked the joint back to the stone age and then re-invented newmans as her willing slaves. THEN the plot of ps0 takes place.

So the question is WHERE is ps0 among this? Is it A or B?

A) Ancient History
Coral has high level civilization, MB nukes it, ps0 takes place, civ. continues to advance, they rename it Coral again, 12 nation alliance forms, everyone gets out of hand again planet gets re-polluted, wars happen, and launches the pioneers, then PSO happens.

B) Ancienter History
Coral has high level civilization, it gets polluted, 12 nation alliance forms, they launch the Pioneers, build motherbrain, she nukes them back to the stone age and Ragol never finds out about it, PSO happens.

I'd have to cast my vote with A. It makes more sense that it's not all wedged in there.

Stuff that doesn't jive:
PSO newmans were "Shabby" not in that they looked bad/played bad/were bad but that they were MADE bad. Sue's whole speech on how she can die tomorrow, no newman knows their real life expectancy, they age thru childhood real fast and all that. ps0 ones seem just fine/not all angsting or aging fast or dropping dead.
WHY
Did the genetics degrade over all the years? How did newmans get to be 2nd class citizens on p2/PSO era? Did something wipe 'em all out and then humans remade them but couldn't do as good as MB?

Mags:
Mags worked by a little bit of the dark stuff, (D-Cells) it was said in PSO, so they make a whole lot of sense to be that far in the past too. (as the ancient civ. had contact with falz a little bit, even though they didn't know it when they were firing up MB) But isn't there something Montague related that doesn't work if mags were that old?

Even the MB message pods don't seem to jive:
Some of them lead you to believe that they basically turned her on and she wigged immideatly, but the dialoge reveals that they built her, ignored her for months or years, falz took over/corrupted her and then she laid down the law.

Liucon Sthil
Probably spelled wrong. Anyone remember the ol' Lieucon Knight on ep3? Shield does look like something it'd have on it. But that thing was native to Ragol. Maybe the name is just too similar.

What can you think of?

SirTopps
Dec 10, 2009, 02:42 AM
here comes the heat again .

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 10, 2009, 03:12 AM
So once upon a time someone here (I forget who) had a really nice timeline put together for PSO. However, now it is revealed that ps0 is in the same universe as PSO, just taking place at some point in the ancient history. My question is WHEN. There are 2 spots that it could occur in with the facts that we know.

Phantasy Star Zero takes place at least 200 years after PSO. The project that created Mother (and in turn, Vol Opt, Calus and Olga) in PSO was Dr. Osto's branch off of the same project that created Mother Trinity on Coral. Phantasy Star Zero is effectively the story of what happened to the people who didn't leave with the Pioneer Project.

SirTopps
Dec 10, 2009, 09:23 PM
i still cant believe its after. but maybe in 4 months ill hum a different tune. but i dont know.

AzureBlaze
Dec 10, 2009, 10:41 PM
Wow I had read (like really early on) that it was in the ancient past.
They "Verified it" by saying "Zero is back at the very beginning!" It does seem logical with the name, but I guess that's all bogus?

Where's it saying that it's the future of Coral? (And is it saying anything else interesting?)

So now it goes like this....
1. Coral develops high level civilization, 12 nation alliance forms, everyone gets out of hand planet gets polluted, wars happen, and they launch the pioneers, then PSO happens.
2. Pioneer 1 (ill fated) 2 (us!) and 3 (was always 'on the way') plus who knows how many other ones they launched toward Ragol. PSO happens PSO BB happens, CARD happens. Osto's branch builds Mother on Coral. They ignore her, she gets mad, Falz influences her and she nukes them back to the stone age.
3. People start to recover, fashion sense goes to heck, rename the joint Earth & Moon and MB rebuilds the newmans but does a better job. (ie no Sue problems)

So the 'newman problem' above is now erased BUT...
What about "Booma Origin"? Did Falz try to like 'remember' the boomas it was playing with on ragol and bring 'em back somehow here? It WAS said that Motherbrain made the hostiles...'hostile' but could it be she MADE the hostiles? (or at least cooked up some of them)

Very interesting stuff...

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 11, 2009, 04:33 PM
I would guess that "Booma Origin" is an indication that Boomas are not native to Ragol, but to Coral. They apparently came to Ragol on Pioneer 1. The difference in their form from Coral to Ragol may be due to Dark Falz altering them on Ragol, or due to Mother Trinity altering them on Coral.

Here's how it fits together:

Coral develops advanced civilization.
Corallian nations just can't get along, and engage in numerous wars.
Dark Falz detects "fertile soil" on Coral, and launches an infected meteor from Ragol.
Dark Meteor impacts Coral.
Scientists recover the meteor, and begin to develop technology from it.
Pollution on Coral starts getting out of hand.
The 12 Nation Alliance forms to work toward a solution to the pollution problem.
Two parallel projects are begun: The Mother Project, and the Pioneer Project.
Ragol is identified as a "habitable" planet (though we know that the scientists really chose it, because it was identified as the source of the Dark material found in the meteor).
Pioneer 1 is completed, launched, and arrives at Ragol after a seven year journey.
Pioneer 2 is completed and launched, taking Dr. Osto and his off-shoot of the Mother project with him (including Mother, Vol Opt, Olga and Calus).
Mother Trinity is completed and implemented on Coral.
Pioneer 1 explodes as Pioneer 2 arrives.
PSO Episodes I, II and IV all occur, Pioneer 3 is possibly launched during this period.
Pioneer 2 declares independence from Coral.
Pioneer 2 and Coral briefly engage in war.
Episode III occurs.
Genetic sequencing for Newmans is greatly refined, possibly with Mother Trinity's assistance.
Pollution gets worse on Coral, Mother Trinity becomes frustrated with being ignored.
Mother Trinity gets fed up, and starts wiping out humanity.
Mother Trinity retreats to Arca, and bombs mankind back into the Stone Age.
Mankind goes into the period later called, "The Great Blank". Much knowledge is lost.
Mother Trinity salvages the Newman race, possibly perfecting their genetic sequence at this time.
During the Great Blank, the name of the planet and the moon are forgotten.
A word referring to dirt gradually becomes a reference to the planet, itself-- Earth. No one cares about giving the moon a name.
Humans re-emerge on the surface of the planet, and begin rebuilding.
Humans find Casts, and begin re-activating them.
Humans and Casts found a fledgling civilization.
The events of Phantasy Star Zero occur.

As for Sonic Team telling us that "Phantasy Star Zero" is getting back to the beginning, I believe they meant that it's a new beginning-- that there's a new franchise here, starting from the ground up.

Sinue_v2
Dec 11, 2009, 06:20 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171761&page=2

I did a little bit of the footwork in the thread above, but it looks like you guys might have all of what I laid out covered already. Of course I also tried to link PS & PSU in a speculation aside... but that's neither here nor there. Though it may provide some background context. I didn't really fact check it either, so I may be off on a few points. Meria seems to have things locked down for the most part though.

My conclusion... Booma Origins are just fanservice. Like the Boomas in Gurhal, and the Rappies on Coral not being the smart intelligent kind of rappies on Ragol. Plus, didn't that guy from Fake in Yellow indicate they were an unstudied species?

And sorry to bring a slightly derailing topic into this... but has anyone considered that Coral DOES represent the same Earth we're supposedly living on? The Photon Eraser seems (in principal, if not in practice) to be able to pretty much wipe out all traces of life & civilization - from the Moon and the Earth, leaving them (in a fictional way) in the state we see them now. Human history has about 140,000~190,000 years of lost history between the emergence of modern man and the establishments of the first settlements we have evidence for.

Perhaps there was a second "Great Blank" event proposed in our past? Pure speculation at this point. But intriguing.

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 11, 2009, 08:25 PM
And sorry to bring a slightly derailing topic into this... but has anyone considered that Coral DOES represent the same Earth we're supposedly living on? The Photon Eraser seems (in principal, if not in practice) to be able to pretty much wipe out all traces of life & civilization - from the Moon and the Earth, leaving them (in a fictional way) in the state we see them now. Human history has about 140,000~190,000 years of lost history between the emergence of modern man and the establishments of the first settlements we have evidence for.

Perhaps there was a second "Great Blank" event proposed in our past? Pure speculation at this point. But intriguing.

There's nothing to infer an actual connection to our own Earth, outside of wild extrapolation. Coral is no more likely to be Earth, than it is to be Mars. Remember that when PSO first came out, a significant segment of the community was convinced that Ragol was Earth (this was, of course, based on Sonic Team using an image of Ragol that included a continent with a slight resemblance to Africa in PSODC). There remains no confirmation of that sort of thing, and further evidence (twin moons, neither of which is a silvery blue color) points to the contrary.

Sinue_v2
Dec 13, 2009, 12:01 AM
but has anyone considered that Coral DOES represent the same Earth we're supposedly living on?

Yeah, that was bad wording on my part. I only meant to suggest that Sonic Team rather obviously (I think) intended lead that assumption by both reference to name and physical approximation. Perhaps it was just to pull the rug out from under players feet in a later side-quest by revealing that it was once Coral & Arca. Or perhaps (if they notice such things) it was merely a clever reference to that speculation in the community you mentioned. Or perhaps it's an artifact (for lack of a proper word) which could be used as a springboard for possible future installments or dropped and ignored pending further storyline development/sequel approval. Kind of like leftovers from the brainstorming sessions and editing during the development process intentionally left in for undetermined future use.

I really didn't intend to make any sort of serious case for the idea.