PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU JP PC/PS2 - upcoming AOTI update notice

EspioKaos
Dec 10, 2009, 11:00 AM
http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=1036

PSU: Ambition of the Illuminus update notice
This announcement is being made concerning an upcoming update to the current PS2/PC service of AOTI.

This update will introduce many completely new items, including weapons which appeared in previous installments of the Phantasy Star series, new clothes and more, totaling over 200 new items which will be added over time. Furthermore, "community course," a service which allows you to play without having to pay the monthly subscription fee, will be expanded. A variety of other features are planned, as well. Stay tuned to the official site for further details.

The next online event, GRM - Yohmei - TENORA: Gurhal's Greatest Battle, is set to begin in the last few weeks of December. Unlike previous events, this one will focus on more than a total monster kill count. Look forward to new items and a brand new event style thanks to the cooperation of Gurhal's big three weapon makers!

The target platform for this update is PC, though certain aspects of it will reflect in the PS2 version. We hope that you will continue to enjoy the world of AOTI for a long time thanks to the free PC client download as well as the graphical options available only for the PC.

AOTI update implementation summary
* Implementation will start in the last few weeks of December, 2009.
* Target platform is PC, though certain aspects will be available to PS2 players.
* Stay tuned to the official site for further details.

Astarin
Dec 10, 2009, 11:14 AM
Cool, I guess... more weapons, are always nice, and I'm somewhat interested to find out what the new style of event is.

That wand (rod?) is pretty badass, as is the axe. I don't recognize them, though. Are they from older Phantasy Star titles, or are they actually new designs?

I'm just saddened that it's (pretty much) all content that isn't available to PS2 players.

Neith
Dec 10, 2009, 11:16 AM
Interesting, really didn't see this one coming. Hopefully it'll add a little more variety to the game- the only reason I cancelled my account lately is because almost every mission has the same 'Defeat the [insert weaksauce boss]!' goal. There are a couple of exceptions, but the game is currently very linear. Perhaps an event like this could change that.

EspioKaos
Dec 10, 2009, 11:27 AM
That wand (rod?) is pretty badass, as is the axe. I don't recognize them, though. Are they from older Phantasy Star titles, or are they actually new designs?
As far as I know, they're new designs, but I suppose it's possible they could be from PSP2. But yeah, that wand (I'm pretty sure it's a wand, at least) is awesome.

unicorn
Dec 10, 2009, 11:50 AM
Nice, but we'll never see this... :(

cheapgunner
Dec 10, 2009, 11:59 AM
Sounds nice. I will try and keep up with this event to see what takes place.

Zarode
Dec 10, 2009, 12:20 PM
GRM - Yohmei - TENORA: Gurhal's Greatest Battle

Kubara wins again!

Dhylec
Dec 10, 2009, 12:35 PM
Sounds kind of interesting. Now, only if we have something like this on this side of the pond.

Mysterious-G
Dec 10, 2009, 12:40 PM
This game does not lack items, it lacks new areas and monsters. They can add as many new items as they want, but people will eventually just be bored when going through the 100th mission of the linear line.

Volcompat321
Dec 10, 2009, 02:02 PM
Do you think this is the start of the fall of PSU?
Expanding the free parts of PSU stuff.

The event sounds interesting. I hope someone makes a video when they get it.

Tyreek
Dec 10, 2009, 02:07 PM
I would be looking so forward to recording this event. But I think my sub is gonna die off real soon lol. This weapon manufactuer collaboration event sounds spiffy. As for that wand, it looks like a Vajra, I think that's how it's pronounced. I like it. And I am LOVING that rifle. :D

landman
Dec 10, 2009, 02:24 PM
Hey, if we get this, we better get it together with the "supplemental update", because I doubt we will ever have a second content "update" if the first one has not even been announced...

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 10, 2009, 06:37 PM
One set of clothing = 3 items
10 colors for each piece of clothing = 30 items
That's already 30 items, all you need is 6 new sets of clothing and you're already close to 200 items!

milranduil
Dec 10, 2009, 06:49 PM
One set of clothing = 3 items
10 colors for each piece of clothing = 30 items
That's already 30 items, all you need is 6 new sets of clothing and you're already close to 200 items!

I posted this on official forums lol.

AxelgearVII
Dec 10, 2009, 07:06 PM
The more free they make this game, the more likely it'll be for me to come back. This change might make the probability go from 3% -> 5%!

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 10, 2009, 07:10 PM
I posted this on official forums lol.
copy-cat :/

Shou
Dec 10, 2009, 09:32 PM
Event sounds interesting.

Alamar
Dec 10, 2009, 11:40 PM
I just love these posts. Sorry but at this point in time 11 months or so behind we won't see some of this stuff. It's like rubbing salt in a wound to me. painful to read cause we (everyone outside of JP) got left behind with updates for this game. And after this last story mission comes, even more will quit. It's what some are only hanging on for.

Volcompat321
Dec 10, 2009, 11:45 PM
I just love these posts. Sorry but at this point in time 11 months or so behind we won't see some of this stuff. It's like rubbing salt in a wound to me. painful to read cause we (everyone outside of JP) got left behind with updates for this game. And after this last story mission comes, even more will quit. It's what some are only hanging on for.

I thought people got over (or didn't care much anymore) that we were so far behind Japan.

I think it's time to learn that nothing will change, and like I said in my previous post, if they're focusing on making so many things FREE, then I think it might be ending soon.

It all starts with free stuff, after charging for so long.
Maybe SEGA will keep the servers up for a while longer, maybe not.

Squirrel3D
Dec 11, 2009, 12:53 AM

Yep.....in fact Nate told me once he completes the story, he's done.

Don't be suprised if I follow him when I complete it too.

Arika
Dec 11, 2009, 01:23 AM
Expanding the free part of PSU? I might plan to make PSU free for subscription and get money from GC instead? *look at PSPo2*

And this sound like supplement update 2. where is the first one on US version? <,<

DuRaL
Dec 11, 2009, 02:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXgOG5TMcqU&feature=related

Ruru
Dec 11, 2009, 02:34 AM
It's funny, i'm actually more upset that this is still mostly a "PC" thing. Seriously why even make this game for PS2 if they don't even bother giving us an update we can use to its full potential.

PS2 users are getting a major shaft especially with the new items that you can't even see. If they're not any better than the stuff we already have i see no reason to use them. If you can't even see how "cool" they are, what's the point?

They could at least give us an expansion disc for the PS2 version with all the new stuff on it. Instead of just neglecting us entirely.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Dec 11, 2009, 03:17 AM
The whole point of it is to make money and keep the game running, not to print new disc's for a game that is in its last moments for a system that is dead and take a big hit.
Its about time you upgraded from a ps2 like everyone else.

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 11, 2009, 09:31 AM
What Whiteknight said.
It just makes sense to abandon the PS2 playerbase :p
It'd make even more sense to let PSU die, start working on other games, except Sega is hurting for monies.

RadiantLegend
Dec 11, 2009, 12:39 PM
If pso gc/ pso bb is any indication, free = death. Just a matter of time.

Tek[+]Lok
Dec 11, 2009, 02:18 PM
You know you can download the pc game client for free and it doesn't require a serial key!

Alamar
Dec 11, 2009, 05:54 PM
Sega would not be hurting for money if they knew how to run a game correct. So much for learning from past mistakes. Love or hate Blizzard they know how to keep a fan base. Take notes Sega!

biggabertha
Dec 11, 2009, 08:46 PM
Blah... so I got to get a Windows machine to carry on playing this..?

*Shivers*

I really should get around to buying Parallels or something for my Mac - BootCamp is really no good for a lazy Mac user.

And besides..! PC is for working on..! No one uses a PC to play games..! Except for those people that play Solitare/Minesweeper/Hearts at work...

Ezodagrom
Dec 12, 2009, 12:00 PM
No one uses a PC to play games..! Except for those people that play Solitare/Minesweeper/Hearts at work...
Really? o:
So that's why there are new graphic cards with better performance every year and why there's a big demand for DX11 graphic cards...so people can play solitaire/minesweeper/hearts with better graphics... :>

Kinako78
Dec 12, 2009, 01:23 PM
ok, first things first: FREE PC CLIENT DOWNLOAD?! How come we don't have that?!

ahem...the idea of weapons from past Phantasy Star games sounds cool indeed. I'd like to see Elsydeon (and no, Elysion isn't the same) and Silver Tusk from PS4, as well as seeing the Aero Prism as a TCSM or RCSM.

Ruru
Dec 12, 2009, 06:08 PM
Really? o:
So that's why there are new graphic cards with better performance every year and why there's a big demand for DX11 graphic cards...so people can play solitaire/minesweeper/hearts with better graphics... :>

bigga was being sarcastic.

and to whiteknight. as i've said many times before. if i had the money to play this on an "updated system" i wouldn't be sitting here complaining about sega screwing over the PS2 players. Even still though, it shouldn't be my fault that sega releases a game on a specific system, then completely screws over the playerbase of that system.

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 12, 2009, 06:20 PM
Well, you are partly to blame for clinging to a dying system.
You should have anticipated that PS2 wouldn't be around forever, the era of sixth generation consoles has long been over.

It's not as easy as simply releasing an extra disc for PS2 either, they (Sonic Team) need approval from higher ups, from Sony, etc etc.
Seeing as slimline PS2s don't even have room for a HDD it also needs to be a physical disc as upposed to a download patch, too much hassle if you ask me.

EspioKaos
Dec 12, 2009, 08:48 PM
http://ameblo.jp/phantasy-star-portable2/entry-10408788423.html

http://stat001.ameba.jp/user_images/20091211/18/phantasy-star-portable2/8e/59/j/o0400016710337470373.jpg

Gurhal's Greatest Battle
GRM vs. Yohmei vs. TENORA

...or...

Ultimate Attack 8!

...or...

Retail Wars!

...or...

idklol

The logo for our next event was posted on the PSP2 blog the other day. It says that the title was Sakai's idea, taking a hint from his love for SFX movies.

Arika
Dec 13, 2009, 12:49 AM
Lately it seem that Sakai come to involve in everything about PSU huh? :wacko:

Btw, that is merely a console war!

GRM (Wii = standard, good around everywhere)
Youmei (PS3 = get the favor from Japanese)
Tenora (Xbox = more western, hit hard, but weak ata = red ring)

Meta77
Dec 13, 2009, 12:57 AM
Stop beating a dead horse. we dont need a zombie horse to worry about.
but i really really hope this is not the the big update they were talking about announcing in 2010.

MegaZoneXE
Dec 13, 2009, 03:03 AM
Stop beating a dead horse. we dont need a zombie horse to worry about.
but i really really hope this is not the the big update they were talking about announcing in 2010.

yeah...........me too....

Danny_Dark
Dec 13, 2009, 07:29 AM
Is This The End For The PS2 Users ?...

Keilyn
Dec 13, 2009, 08:06 AM

Let's not forget Kubara...they must probably the PC world...where everything is pirated, but when updated....looks better than the real thing (and functions better too!)...They get all the strange cool stuff. :P

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 13, 2009, 08:10 AM
Nah Kubara are those bootleg chinese guys who make cheap copies of everything.
BTW, GRM does too have HD!

Delete
Dec 13, 2009, 08:28 AM
Nice, but we'll never see this... :(

Now Now, 5.2 years isn't that far away.

Danny_Dark
Dec 13, 2009, 08:48 AM
...(Retired)...

Kinako78
Dec 14, 2009, 11:12 PM

Nice try, but while Youmei is my favorite brand in the game, PS3 gets no love from me. Name a good EXCLUSIVE game they have, then we'll talk.

A Phantasy Star game in the Wii would be nice. I know, I know. We just got Phantasy Star Zero, but it's still a nice wish. I'm not even asking to share a game with PS3 and 360. Just a good Phantasy Star game for the Wii.

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 15, 2009, 12:21 AM
Xbox360 ain't selling in Japan, so that leaves either Wii or PS3 as contenders for Youmei.

Mike
Dec 15, 2009, 01:02 AM
GRM seems to have their hands in to everything and that sounds a lot like Sony to me.

DuRaL
Dec 15, 2009, 06:16 AM
so Sega must be PSO's Tekker - their games have potential, but they've downgraded everything by at least 10% in the last few years =/

landman
Dec 15, 2009, 11:38 AM
Name a good EXCLUSIVE game they have, then we'll talk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09pv099KHa4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UBPm3pyEUw

so Sega must be PSO's Tekker - their games have potential, but they've downgraded everything by at least 10% in the last few years =/

:wacko:

DuRaL
Dec 15, 2009, 12:30 PM
even the worst Tekker adds 10% from time to time ;P

Kinako78
Dec 15, 2009, 01:37 PM

The first one definitely has potential to grab my interest. Any clue as to if it's coming out here?

Initially, I was ready to immediately write off the 2nd one based on the screenshot that I saw. But after watching the video, it looked like it could have very interesting characters and story.

Give me the title of both and I'll look into them.

Zelos
Dec 15, 2009, 03:30 PM
And what about xbox 360 users? Are we ever going to get this update!?

landman
Dec 15, 2009, 05:26 PM
The first one definitely has potential to grab my interest. Any clue as to if it's coming out here?

Initially, I was ready to immediately write off the 2nd one based on the screenshot that I saw. But after watching the video, it looked like it could have very interesting characters and story.

Give me the title of both and I'll look into them.
Valkyria Chronicles, developed by Sega, released here more than a year ago, strategy RPG, by the internal Sega team formerly named Overworks, creators of Skyes of Arcadia and PHANTASY STAR.

Ryu Ga Gotoku 4, released next march on Japan, made by Sega former team Amusement Vision with games such as Daytona USA, Monkey Ball and Spikeout, Yakuza 3, the previous game in the series, will be released next march in the west markets, the previous two games are already available on PS2.

thunder-ray
Dec 15, 2009, 06:01 PM
Wow this sucks now I dont think I wana return to psu :sad:.

Professor Xavier
Dec 16, 2009, 12:37 AM
For XBOX 360 version. We bought the AOTI expansion. Anything in the expansion since we payed a separate fee for the content will eventually have to be released. But as far as where the end of AOTI is, is anyone's guess. I would expect eventually they would release it with or without glitches. Good or bad I don't believe they would hold everything back. But if it is really full of glitches we probably wont see it until there is almost no one playing. If it has glitches it might make more of us quit and shorten the life of the game and shut down the servers a lot sooner than if they wait. So I guess we can play our guessing games all day. I play now because this game is fun. There is so much as a community we have not done yet. Only time will tell where it all leads us. I will be posting up on all of my ideas sometime in the near future. I need more input from people on the boards and in the game. I cannot implement any of this on PC/PS2 version. Its up to that community to do that. They are welcome to join us in our quest to make PSU more fun for all formats. The future can be bright its all up to us!!

P.S. I was gone for 1 year. I'm not up on all of the updates compared to the Japanese version. My statements here are based on my past knowledge. All of the AOTI content might already be out. A apologize for the gap in my knowledge!

Tek[+]Lok
Dec 16, 2009, 12:47 PM
And besides..! PC is for working on..! No one uses a PC to play games..! Except for those people that play Solitare/Minesweeper/Hearts at work...

I decided to quote this again jut for its ignorance...

Max B
Dec 16, 2009, 12:57 PM
Blah... so I got to get a Windows machine to carry on playing this..?

*Shivers*

I really should get around to buying Parallels or something for my Mac - BootCamp is really no good for a lazy Mac user.

Is this person serious if so wow
Gaming on a pc can be the best experience ever... and with the quality new graphic cards all I have to say is WOW
Also, im sorry your computers that old that all you can play is Minesweeper and cards games.. Mabey its time for a new computer:D

ThePendragon
Dec 16, 2009, 08:01 PM
So no sequel anytime soon confirmed. US Servers will be killed off in the coming months as they slowly finish dying off. We might get the supplemental update but that's it. Then JP will enjoy their awesome new content updates for years to come, while SEGA ignores us and leaves us PSUless. 4 years down the road, right before this gen ends, SEGA will announce PSU2. It will release just after Xbox720 and PS4 are released and will look like a launch 360 game and they will charge $20 a month to play and the cycle shall begin anew.

Max B
Dec 16, 2009, 08:06 PM
So no sequel anytime soon confirmed. US Servers will be killed off in the coming months as they slowly finish dying off. We might get the supplemental update but that's it. Then JP will enjoy their awesome new content updates for years to come, while SEGA ignores us and leaves us PSUless. 4 years down the road, right before this gen ends, SEGA will announce PSU2. .
I do not belive we need a sequel to this game seeing as we still have alot of content to go.. Also refering to your comment about the server dying I completly disagree seeing as latley I have been seing alot of new players joining the servers. Also, please explain your theory of the servers "dying"
out in the coming months.

Sparks Zeta
Dec 16, 2009, 08:39 PM
I do not belive we need a sequel to this game seeing as we still have alot of content to go.. Also refering to your comment about the server dying I completly disagree seeing as latley I have been seing alot of new players joining the servers. Also, please explain your theory of the servers "dying"
out in the coming months.

Agreed. Im staying on the Servers to Experience the new content. I dont really mind how long it takes. I Re-Joined PSU about a week ago. Im looking foward to seeing the Updates And Whatnot.

Along with That, About 10 Of my friends are soon Enough going to Get PSU's Online play. :3

Ezodagrom
Dec 16, 2009, 08:43 PM
I wouldn't say a sequel, but at least a major expansion would be nice.
It's sad that the portable version of the game (Phantasy Star Portable 2) has more content and better gameplay than the "pay per month" version...

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 17, 2009, 12:53 AM
Is this person serious if so wow
If I had said something like that it would have been 176% sarcasm, so from my point of view I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Zelos
Dec 18, 2009, 12:46 PM

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 18, 2009, 01:27 PM
Never

landman
Dec 18, 2009, 01:34 PM
If 360 does not get this, then the western servers wont get it either, every one knows we still have updates thanks to the subscribers of the 360 community... just look how is PSU PC and remember how was PSOBB when they stopped releasing updates.

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 18, 2009, 04:22 PM
Sega: Dear Microsoft, we'd like you to authorise this download content for our game.
Microsoft: No
Sega: Oh well, tough luck 360 players.

Danny_Dark
Dec 19, 2009, 02:00 PM
If 360 does not get this, then the western servers wont get it either, every one knows we still have updates thanks to the subscribers of the 360 community... just look how is PSU PC and remember how was PSOBB when they stopped releasing updates.

That's A Good Point...

ashley50
Dec 19, 2009, 02:18 PM

if WE the PC/PS2 users don't get it, that goes for you guys as well :wacko::twak:

WHlTEKNIGHT
Dec 20, 2009, 06:23 AM
if WE the PC/PS2 users don't get it, that goes for you guys as well :wacko::twak:Its possible, the 360 servers will last longer than the pc/ps2

Volcompat321
Dec 20, 2009, 07:27 AM
Its possible, the 360 servers will last longer than the pc/ps2

I honestly think SEGA will shut em both down at the same time.
I'm sure the 360 community has been paying for the Pc/Ps2 for a while now.
When one goes, the other will too.
Just an assumption, but it's likely.

EspioKaos
Jan 16, 2010, 04:32 PM
*Giresta*

Sorry for the necro-bump here, but a few more details on this upcoming update have surfaced (not enough to justify a new thread). I'll copy-pasta my post from PSUPf.

http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2010/01/100117b.html

During the Little Wing Grand Prix (a PSP2 time attack event that was held at various locations across Japan), a surprise announcement was made concerning the next supplemental update. Here are a few points made concerning it.

* Release will begin in February.
* Over 200 new items including items from PS0 and PSP2 as well as original items will begin to be released in February.
* A title system similar to PSP2's will be added in February.
* "Free course," a free-of-charge service will be introduced in March. Specific details of this are unknown at the moment.

Of course, this won't be everything, but we'll likely see more specifics in the coming weeks.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jan 16, 2010, 05:43 PM
"Money Grubber" - Clear Legacy of Light once
"Money Mogul" - Clear Legacy of Light 5 times
"Money Magnate" - Clear Legacy of Light 100 times

stinkyfish97
Jan 16, 2010, 11:11 PM
I am giving up on PSU EU/NA for a while, all these updates we dont get and might never get are upsetting. I have reverted back to playing PSO online for free because I am not having very much fun playing PSU right now.

Danny_Dark
Jan 18, 2010, 07:57 AM
I am giving up on PSU EU/NA for a while, all these updates we dont get and might never get are upsetting. I have reverted back to playing PSO online for free because I am not having very much fun playing PSU right now.

That's The Reason I Have Retired For Now...