PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 3, Episode 8

CromartieDude
Dec 11, 2009, 04:38 PM
Ok i'm having a little trouble figuring out what it wants me to do with the switches, anyone got a guide for this and probably the 2nd part too. Also What do you need to do to finish the sub-plot thus far?

Thor131
Dec 11, 2009, 05:19 PM
For the switches just make a line to the door for the next block, but only some of the switches are to be pushed not all. As for the subplots check link for full list. Items I listed pretains to For brighter day and its effects on story.
http://psupedia.info/Story_mission_subplots

Photon Harvest
Subplot 2
Requirements
Clear Road to Rykros.
New event
Before the trial of Photon Harvest 2 begins, an additional choice will be added to the event sequence. Select "Tell them what happened." and the content of their conversation will change.
In the next sequence, select "Go with Hyuga and Maya" to have them join you for the trial.
After completing these requirements, a new conversation will be added before the trial of (For brighter day 1).

Road to Rykros
Subplot 2
Requirements
Clear (For brighter day).
New event
Additional choices will become available in the event before beginning the trial of Road to Rykros 2.
Select "I should stay to guard the doctor," and a new scene involving Lumia will be added following the confinement system start-up sequence.

(For brighter day)
Subplot 1
Requirements
To be able to obtain the Vol Bros. cards, you must not tell Lumia to stay and protect the professor in your previous run of Road to Rykros. If you did, you must repeat chapter 7 and choose the correct option.
New event
Before the trial of (For brighter day 1), a new option will be added to the team formation scene. Select "The Vol Bros. and I will go to area A," and the Vol Bros. will accompany you on the trial. Complete (For brighter day 2) and you will receive the partner cards of each Vol Brother.

Subplot 2
Requirements
Receive Alfort Tylor's partner card at the end of Restorations 2.
Watch both subplots added to Photon Harvest.
To be able to complete this subplot, you must not tell Lumia to stay and protect the professor in your previous run of Road to Rykros. If you did, you must repeat chapter 7 and choose the correct option.
New event
After completing the trial of (For brighter day 2), a battle against Howzer and Dark Falz (first form) will be added.
Orson Waber will give you his partner card after completing the mission.

Subplot 3
Requirements
View the new scene involving Lumia in Road to Rykros 2.
If you have already triggered and completed the fourth subplot of this mission, you must not give Lou permission to accompany you to Rykros in the scene before the trial of (For brighter day 1).
New event
After completing the trial of (For brighter day 2), new details will be added to the scene of Howzer seizing Lumia.
Following the battle against Dark Falz, Lumia's rescue sequence will be expanded upon.
If Orson Waber is still alive at this point (Ambition's End subplot), a scene involving a conversation between you and Lumia at GUARDIANS HQ will be added following the staff roll.

Subplot 4
Requirements
Play Innocent Girl until the special event sequence involving Vivienne's memory occurs.
Clear The Magashi Plan with a grade of S.
Clear (For brighter day 2) with the additional ending (subplot 3).
Replay (For brighter day 1). Of the choices given before the trial beings, grant Lou permission to go to Rykros.
Note that this subplot cannot be triggered if you didn't tell Lumia to stay and protect the professor in your last run of Road to Rykros. In that case, you must repeat chapter 7 and choose the correct option.
New event
Vivienne and Magashi will join you in the final battle against Dark Falz.
The conversation with Lou at headquarters after the staff roll will change with subsequent play of this mission.
Complete (For brighter day 2) and Magashi will present you with his partner card.

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 11, 2009, 05:20 PM
Ugh! Part 2 of 3-8 is so damned hard on Difficulty A. That last carriguine... grr.

Nayto the Fighmaster
Dec 11, 2009, 05:26 PM
Looks like I'm not the only one. It is HIGHLY recommended to have a Vijeri and high dark armor. And something pushing past 38% light to make life easier.

Tyreek
Dec 11, 2009, 06:23 PM
The real question is... How the HELL are we supposed to keep Karen alive through that damn chaos in the last area? She can hardly defend the moment those Carriguine showed up.

CromartieDude
Dec 11, 2009, 06:38 PM
Yeah 'm on that part too right now, i get to the very last group of enemys and either the carriguine kills her, or a traps about to go off and she's still fighting so she won't move.......grrr.

garjian
Dec 11, 2009, 06:41 PM
The real question is... How the HELL are we supposed to keep Karen alive through that damn chaos in the last area? She can hardly defend the moment those Carriguine showed up.

its not even that easy to keep yourself alive :S

this is actually a hard mission :D
if only we got this sort of difficulty on our average mission...

so much for my elysion xD

darthplagis
Dec 11, 2009, 09:18 PM
^^^ what garjian said :)

yeah im 6 mins over and 8 deaths :( but im not even 160..... and an acrofighter :P.

its not really the enemies most of the time as karen is almost glued to you unless she gets charged, its the damn traps. it seems every time she does a combo the deljabans drag her into the traps :( grrrrr

Nayto the Fighmaster
Dec 11, 2009, 10:00 PM
Well I managed to do so. You really REALLy have to be lucky with it. THing is with me being a human FM packing red items and a 30% Armas, I was STILL seeing a lot of damage getting taken off my character. Truth be told, I believe FM is the best class for this, provided you have the right equipment for this... IMHO You NEED a Vijeri Resist to pul this off, And on top of that high % weapons, those Carriguine WILL work you over, and Karen even quicker, if you're too slow. My strategy; Speed through it, and use Star atomizers when her health is dangerously low

Also TRY to keep the Carrguines AWAY from the Huge Megid cannon of doom (And you know why I say that)

Cast Acrotechers have it here, as well, especially with high end materials and technics, and the almight Paradi to boot. Not to mention they can heal Karen.

But ah int of advice on what you're looking at, Particularly the Carriguines, ESPECIALLY the godawful last one;

Human FM Level 165, I have 3925 Health, or something around that.

Level 65 Carriguine jumps right on me; The health I now have? 1607

This is with a 34% dark Armas Line, btw.

darthplagis
Dec 11, 2009, 11:46 PM
vijeri resist will do nothing really, megid in story mode doesnt kill you most of the time, its normally damage that does.

Nayto the Fighmaster
Dec 12, 2009, 01:05 AM
Perhaps, but then again the mere fact that there's just a LOT of Megid coming your way more than makes up for low chance to kill. Not to mention it helps should you get tagged by the Carriguine's.

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 12, 2009, 01:19 AM
I'm using a 36% Dark Shinowa Line as a FM with Hizeri Stamina, so Megid doesn't kill me, it's being knocked up and hit by something else and then by something else also. Now obviously, use Star Atomizers for Karen, but I always run out, because she keeps getting shredded! I even spent a good 20 mil on light weapons for this and it hasn't paid off.

Nayto the Fighmaster
Dec 12, 2009, 01:21 AM
Dark Shinowa Line... that's not bad. What weapons are you using exactly? I own The Carriguine with a 46% Double agito.. TD spam of course.

Mazarushi08
Dec 12, 2009, 02:40 AM
She's right. Vijeri / Resist isn't needed. I'm FM with Armas and Hiz / stam and you really dont even need that. I'd suggest something with nice PP on it so you dont run out especially the last room. If you do it fast enough you dont have to fight the fully buffed carri, just the attack one and its over. Thats how i did it. 24% dark armas, hiz / mind, LPC, Red / Wall, Hiz / Stam, 46% light rucar. I'd go for a 30%+ light crea or rucar for that last room but thats just me...

Tyreek
Dec 12, 2009, 11:23 AM
Wait... So you're telling me that the spawns are timed?! It's one thing fighting off one Carriguine, but to be bombarded with two spawns of Carruguine is too much. I can take care of myself fine. But he fact that Karen gets in the way of almost their every hit is ridiculous. This battle was eased up a bit with EX traps, but this is still an annoying factor.

Nayto the Fighmaster
Dec 13, 2009, 03:04 AM
Well I know that if you take TOO long I believe there's a third one that pops up. But even so the second that apepars with powerbuff can literally ONE SHOT Karen on a Critical if you're not careful.
But It's cool. I beat it, and I just beat it again fort he sub plot and the sake of a challenge