PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 8: A Brighter Day

Tyreek
Dec 11, 2009, 06:42 PM
I'm pretty much leaving this open-ended as a discussion, like last time. After finally beating it lol, I ended up peeved, after the hell that ensued before facing the final boss. And of course I saw the corniness of the ending. But it ended up leaving a smile on my face. There are things undone with his mission though, and I'm looking forward to unlocking the last bits of this saga. So, discuss; leave nothing out. Share the pain, the joy, the frustration, your favorites. Begin!

darthplagis
Dec 11, 2009, 09:15 PM
yeah i was disapointed with falz mk2, but after the epic battle before it (17mins 8 deaths :( ill never get my ely sion) i was quite sad. though falz reskin for all its a tad lazy looks cool and i made a quick sandwich with all of the excess cheese from the ending.

Nayto the Fighmaster
Dec 12, 2009, 01:26 AM
I have to say, I was literally expecting the reskin, but after noticing how much better he looks, I'll just say that Dulk Fakis is the clone. XD

Better song imo.

And uh... I like the challenge this mission presents, all the way. People wanted hard, here it is. Earn your Edel Elyium.

darthplagis
Dec 12, 2009, 03:39 PM
yeah the challenge is good, i love it that i cant just walk in and have the best sword in the game :)

Smidge204
Dec 12, 2009, 05:19 PM
Honestly, I don't see how it's even possible to keep Karen alive through that last spawn... even a full stack of star atomizers couldn't manage it.

Maybe Giresta would help, but not for that megid cannon...
=Smidge=

garjian
Dec 12, 2009, 05:22 PM
but not for that megid cannon...

she always gets knocked into it >.>

LP_Phoenix
Dec 12, 2009, 06:10 PM
why dont u try to avoid that she get hit? im fine with my gunmaster and got my edel thing. i just stayed in one corner and try to let the carris focus on me and not on karen....if she start to get yellow hp, run to her and use a star. worked...okay paradi on the final spawn is good too, these 200% hp carris are like lv 130 ones , just annoying

and these %$()(/ subplots, aaah....alot of blabla...if u really read all the stuff, these story missis can take 30 minutes or even longer...

Tyreek
Dec 12, 2009, 06:20 PM
Easier said than done. Mind you, she's more habitual in following YOU as opposed to Ethan. Even when you don't want her near. Leaving her alone with the Deljaban is disturbing enough. Placing those Carriguine in a corner is effective, but it only goes so far. That fully buffed Carriguine pretty much ruins everthing the moment it appears.

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 12, 2009, 06:24 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/FoLina/PSU/1024/psu20090129_050800_007.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/FoLina/PSU/1024/psu20090129_050752_004.jpg
What challenge?

Tyreek
Dec 12, 2009, 06:27 PM
Rub it in some more why don't you lol.

Smidge204
Dec 12, 2009, 07:31 PM
So what's the secret?

I got lucky my last run: one of the Carriguine got stuck in the doorway near where the bomb goes off, so he left us alone for awhile. Then he got loose just as the other two showed up.

They are also immune to burn traps :/
=Smidge=

Noblewine
Dec 12, 2009, 10:22 PM
I was happy with the ending and glad they didn't try to kill anymore characters off. I liked the puzzles in the missions because they were challenging but the final part before was boss was tricky. The final fight with Falz was fun and the fact that he talked was cool.

Phaesphora
Dec 13, 2009, 01:51 AM
I'm glad I resubbed to play the final chapters, it was nice to see the admittedly cheesy conclusion and now I feel I can say goodbye to PSU without any regrets. Wish I had rare stuff to give away, but alas... my main is LV 98.

Alamar
Dec 13, 2009, 02:38 AM
this post Supp and GC? How can I tell? That sure makes it easier.

Nayto the Fighmaster
Dec 13, 2009, 02:53 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/FoLina/PSU/1024/psu20090129_050800_007.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y274/FoLina/PSU/1024/psu20090129_050752_004.jpg
What challenge?

Okay. What I may see as a small challenge, may prove to be a cakewalk for you. I'm not the one running Cast, it was all human. Yes the very one and the same that's ALMOST more non-existent than Male Newmans.

And besides, Cast make everything easy. Try that with a human and then say "What Challenge"

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 13, 2009, 06:04 AM
Some of you seem to be missing the point that
A. my character was lvl 83 at the time. What level are YOU?
and B. those screenshots date back to January 2009, 3 months before GC and Supplemental update even came out.

Cast makes things easy? Then why don't you prove it at lvl 83 or below :p

Smidge204
Dec 13, 2009, 07:06 AM
My char is a level 163 (Gunmaster 20) CAST and I've only made it through once on level A, but not without Karen dying. :(

=Smidge=

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 13, 2009, 07:38 AM
Well you weren't the one saying Cast makes everything easy :p
Keep at it, you'll get it soon enough.

Proof that this was done before Supplemental Update/Guardian's Cash.
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2242715&postcount=116

Africa
Dec 13, 2009, 11:13 AM
This isn't that bad as a gunmaster . just try to keep karen alive till the last block with 1 or 2 stars at most. for the last room just shottie and laser spam deljabans until karen is at half health then star her,but stay close as possible there is alot of knock-away. It works well enough with a bit of luck and timing. I'd just like to be able to do it as a mf at the moment but thats were it gets merky.

DAMASCUS
Dec 13, 2009, 12:08 PM
I haven't put alot of time into this yet but TA'ing those Carriguine seems to be the key to getting through this with an 'S'.

I had really good success on B(enemies 15 levels lower) with circumventing the Deljabans and nailing Carrie in the butt. He immediately turns away from the NPCs and then I just finish him as quickly as possible. Strafing backward may be neccesary on A with that buffed version so that he charges away from them and then just chase him into the corner..

Tyreek
Dec 13, 2009, 12:51 PM
I was trying to S rank this as a Protranser. I've been holding my own rather well, in the last block. The EX traps I used helped me give Karen some breathing room for healing against the Deljaban. And at most I can keep her alive from at least one Carruiguine. But the moment the attack one appears I'm pretty much totaled. Couple that ith the fact that the fully buffed one wants to appear exactly when I don't want it to, making it impossible for me to get Karen away because of their erratic attacks. Now, while it may be possible for me to protect Karen through this mission... Somewhat, the bigger issue here is time. When I get to block 4 I am usually at 6:00. I can breeze through the first two blocks quickly, however most of my tim is spent on the final block, getting me to 15-17:00. I may have to actually try this as a Fighmaster and see how it results.

Nayto the Fighmaster
Dec 13, 2009, 01:59 PM
Some of you seem to be missing the point that
A. my character was lvl 83 at the time. What level are YOU?
and B. those screenshots date back to January 2009, 3 months before GC and Supplemental update even came out.

Cast makes things easy? Then why don't you prove it at lvl 83 or below :p

I'll admit to the fact that I am practically TWICE that character's lvl ^^;

Therefore I will try to prove so by ALSO doing it on an 83 Cast

>>; Hope I don't botch

desturel
Dec 13, 2009, 10:12 PM
Bah, I finally did it as acrotecher (neuman male so no SUV) then I switch to fighmaster and get it on my first try. The thing is it was pure luck to get it as acrotecher. Vish Diragac's instant kill is almost necessary on the last block to trim out the deljaban. Then you just need to take out the Carriguine.

Meanwhile as a fighmaster, Majarra and Jabroga with a bit of tornado dance and Spiral dance takes care of everything. :(

Orrefe
Dec 15, 2009, 10:22 PM
Do the Carriguines have buffed HP? I had extreme difficulties dealing with them on C Rank, it was such a piss off x_o

They just didn't seem to DIE. Later I did The Magashi Plan, and although they were only 7 levels lower [level 40 -> 33] they died much faster.

desturel
Dec 15, 2009, 11:59 PM
Do the Carriguines have buffed HP? I had extreme difficulties dealing with them on C Rank, it was such a piss off x_o

They just didn't seem to DIE. Later I did The Magashi Plan, and although they were only 7 levels lower [level 40 -> 33] they died much faster.

Everything on the last block has buffed HP. Also they are immune to most status effects. I haven't done it as a protranser or cast with paradi yet so I don't know if traps and the like affect them, but jellen and other things I've tried as a Fortetecher/Acrotecher/Masterforce have all failed. >.>

It's starting to piss me off as well since I've only been able to beat it as an acrotecher so far and that was through sheer luck with Vish Diragac's instant kill. Masterforce has nothing to deal with the Gaozoran and Fortetecher isn't doing enough damage to kill Carriguine.

Damdiga/Regrant/Nosdiga are the best damage I can throw out and that's not nearly enough to finish it with an S rank (plus Regrant is too dangerous and Damdiga might not give you time to heal Karen in a pinch.

Orrefe
Dec 16, 2009, 01:59 AM
Well shit. My character is a techer-oriented human [As in, I switch between Fortetecher, Acrotecher, Wartecher, Guntecher and Masterforce], so I'm guessing when I'm going for S-ing the A-Rank mission [I'm not even close to considering that yet], my BEST bet is to pick up a Vish Diragac and hope for the best?

desturel
Dec 16, 2009, 08:07 AM
Well shit. My character is a techer-oriented human [As in, I switch between Fortetecher, Acrotecher, Wartecher, Guntecher and Masterforce], so I'm guessing when I'm going for S-ing the A-Rank mission [I'm not even close to considering that yet], my BEST bet is to pick up a Vish Diragac and hope for the best?

Actually, Wartecher (or Acrofighter if you are doing that class) might be your best bet.

pikachief
Dec 16, 2009, 12:57 PM
she always gets killed by the very last carriguine for me :/ lol

Max B
Dec 16, 2009, 01:08 PM
Honestly, It is difficult but... It is easily posible on alot of classes.
Here is an FM stratagey majara/jabroga all blocks before block 4
1st part of block 4 just go crazy with Jabroga/Majara
2nd part aka Carriguine part just go crazy with TD honestly Carriguine realy did not mess with Karen that much but those Deljabana just surrond her so make sure as your fighting the carriguine you make sure to brush them off of her every once an a while

Max B
Dec 16, 2009, 01:12 PM
Block 4- Mabey Spam Diga on the carriguine but have regrant and resta equiped on a wand so if Karen get surronded you can run in there with regrant and knock everything away you could try this on FT also
Setup for Block 4
Tech Mag-Diga or Foie and Radiga
Wand-Resta and Regrant

desturel
Dec 16, 2009, 02:03 PM
Block 4- Mabey Spam Diga on the carriguine but have regrant and resta equiped on a wand so if Karen get surronded you can run in there with Regrant and knock everything away you could try this on FT also
Setup for Block 4
Tech Mag-Diga or Foie and Radiga
Wand-Resta and Regrant

That strategy fails horribly. Diga and Foie are horrible DPS for mobs. Dam techs are your best mob DPS followed by Ra and Gi techs. Your strongest DPS spell is Damdiga. Even then your biggest problem (besides the carriguine) is the Gaozoran earlier in the map. Until you actually do this as a Masterforce/Fortetecher you won't know what I'm talking about.

pokefiend
Dec 16, 2009, 03:32 PM
I didn't really get to experience any of dark falz's attacks as I destroyed him before he could pull any of them off^_^ but I must say dark falz is much more slower(both literally and figuratively) than dulk fakis

Max B
Dec 16, 2009, 04:22 PM
That strategy fails horribly. Diga and Foie are horrible DPS for mobs. Dam techs are your best mob DPS followed by Ra and Gi techs. Your strongest DPS spell is Damdiga. Even then your biggest problem (besides the carriguine) is the Gaozoran earlier in the map. Until you actually do this as a Masterforce/Fortetecher you won't know what I'm talking about.

I did as an acro but I will try as a FT sooner or later:-?
And I never said use diga on mobs I said on the Carriguine.

Alamar
Dec 16, 2009, 05:57 PM
Falz Was easy I too never seen any attacks like that he died to fast for me too. Now as for th Carriguine... Good Lord they were unbelievable. They gave me more trouble and anger then Falz did.

Tyreek
Dec 16, 2009, 07:37 PM
This is what I was very irked about in this mission. They make you go through so many kinds of hell at the end, yet Falz cannot put up a proper fight when you fight him?

Sparks Zeta
Dec 16, 2009, 09:06 PM
God, I hated the last block so Damn much. The Insta Kill Traps and The Small areas really Irritated me. Along with that, The Carriguines! D:<

I Epic Failed with My Protranser about 4 times. I used up all my Traps. So i went to my Other plan and Switched to My Acrofighter Class. (I Spammed The Dagger and Slicer Techs) And took most of the Problems out. took Me About 3 Minutes to Kill Dark Falz. He was less of the challenge than the Carriguines.

The Ending was Alright. (I Guess) Afterwards, I went Back to My Protranser Class, And Promised myself I'd use Acrofighter for worst case Senario

Nayto the Fighmaster
Dec 18, 2009, 02:16 PM
Don't forget guys, Falz is only.. what? 75?

On S2 it might be a little more harder. I am ALMOST certain that he'll be faster than Dulk Fakis. Then again if he is slower, that would be because he IS somewhat bigger.

Basically with me as the human I pretty much Td spammed my way through and Majara'd the living crap out of Gaozorans, I had high % weaponry, a 36 light Mugunburga, and my trrademark 46 light Double agito. Rest of the pallet were rucars to maximize TD. XD

DAY.WALKIN
Dec 21, 2009, 04:40 PM
Don't forget guys, Falz is only.. what? 75?

On S2 it might be a little more harder. I am ALMOST certain that he'll be faster than Dulk Fakis. Then again if he is slower, that would be because he IS somewhat bigger.

Basically with me as the human I pretty much Td spammed my way through and Majara'd the living crap out of Gaozorans, I had high % weaponry, a 36 light Mugunburga, and my trrademark 46 light Double agito. Rest of the pallet were rucars to maximize TD. XD

i've tried this same strategy with a level 153 male beast (20 fighmaster) with 38% 5/10 light mugunburga (50 majara) and 42% light double agito also 5/10 (50 tornado) and Karen still dies no matter what... this mission is really begining to annoy me i get to the attack buffed carriguine it charges and karen dies.. even at this point im at like 11 mins anyway :/...how the hell am i soposed to do this mission in under 11 minutes and KEEP HER ALIVE!!!!! it's driving me crazy :no:

Nayto the Fighmaster
Dec 22, 2009, 01:44 AM
i've tried this same strategy with a level 153 male beast (20 fighmaster) with 38% 5/10 light mugunburga (50 majara) and 42% light double agito also 5/10 (50 tornado) and Karen still dies no matter what... this mission is really begining to annoy me i get to the attack buffed carriguine it charges and karen dies.. even at this point im at like 11 mins anyway :/...how the hell am i soposed to do this mission in under 11 minutes and KEEP HER ALIVE!!!!! it's driving me crazy :no:

You SHOULD have an easier time than me, granted, as my DOuble Agito isn't even grineded and my Mugunburga pales in turn to yours. It's luck when it comes down to that damned Carriguine, mosty because of the super Megid turrets that start to fire out, you need to hit him and TRY, and I mean TRY your damndest to lure him away from the group, from therey ou can either TD spam or Majarra spam, I personally find the TD spam more reliable but that's me.

It's mostly luck and as I said, a CHALLENGE.

desturel
Dec 22, 2009, 08:15 AM
If you're up to the point where the turret is out then you can easily get the carriguine stuck behind the turret and run to the other side. That's what I do when I'm playing a non fighmaster class. It's generally just a matter of waiting until the first bomb goes off then getting behind the turret when it appears and killing everything in that manner.

Tyreek
Dec 22, 2009, 09:15 PM
I got somone on Youtube to confirm something for me after watching my videos. Turns out from what I saw on another video, you CAN finish this mission without fighting the fully buffed Carruiguine. In order to do this, you must kill ALL of the the Deljaban, including the attack buffed Carruigine before the third explosion occurs, otherwise you're in for a nasty surprise.

Pichu
Jun 18, 2011, 01:40 PM
Alright tyreek, I went through that mission like 10 times and died 1st time by the explosion, because I didn't know what the pink shaded area on map meant, then died 2nd time by turrets, and then kept getting cornered in corner with ethan and karen next to me by the Carruigine i believe, and i been doing this mission at level 48-49, im working for level 50 and been watching your videos, and I been crazily healing up me and ethan and karen to stay alive while trying to kill enemies; hopefully that is true because I got tired of hitting carruigine doing 1,000+ damage and hitting it with spells like 100 times and it not dying