PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to the Petanite?

desturel
Dec 13, 2009, 11:29 AM
Okay, I know there are plenty of doubters out there that will say it's just my imagination, but I seriously have to wonder about this.

What did they do to the version 1 missions drop rates? I've done both Mad Beasts and Plains Overlord for the past few days and I have only seen 10 Petanite over the course of at least 100 runs. I remember when Mad Beasts was first released that you would normally pick up at around 3 Petanite (one per block normally) and Plains Overlord would have one either in the triple haystack on block 3 or in the boss boxes. Now I'm seeing nothing but Giganite and every once in a while Teranite.

I had noticed previously that there were less and less Petanite drops, but I just summed it up to me not running the missions as often as I use to, but now that I've run it for a few days, there's no doubt in my mind that it drops a lot less.

Now I know there's a good AOTI mission for each of the other metals.

Ydral = Hill of Spores and Black Nest (sometimes)
Hapotite = Lightning Beasts and Scared Planet
Cladorian = Seed Express, Caves of Ice and Awoken Serpent
Catilium = Bladed Legacy

But there's no good mission for Petanite anymore. AMF HQ Recovery and Military Subway don't make the grade. They are still only limited to S rank and drop Petanite at about the same rate as the much shorter and easier Plains Overlord and Mad Beasts runs. The Hive missions only drop Ydral, Hapotite and Catilium, not Cladorian or Petanite. The story missions aren't exactly Petanite rich either.

It's not just those missions either. It appears that many of the version 1 missions have lower drop rates now. I saw ortasilica for the first time ever on Forest Infiltration S2 (I had never seen anything below ortacarbon on that run previously), not that it matters much now that FI S3 is out. If it keeps up like this I might have to go about failing 7* weapons for Petanite. A very costly and time consuming process.

Again, I know that most people will think this is just delusions, but I can't be the only person who noticed this. I'll, of course, continue to run Mad Beasts since there really isn't anyplace else to turn that I know of. So for those that are non-believers, I'll keep doing the runs. I'm not giving up on it, I'm just frustrated.