PDA

View Full Version : good melee PA's?

Rinkou Sanaka
Dec 14, 2009, 11:28 AM
What are some good melee PA's i only have 27 frags sooooo.

DAMASCUS
Dec 14, 2009, 11:45 AM
Its too bad we can't give you some of ours XD I'd say keep saving them up because you're really close to getting Majarra for the Spear but...what weapons do you like??

Smidge204
Dec 14, 2009, 11:51 AM
If you only have 27 PA Fragments, your choices are:

Chuei Jitotsushin (Twin Claw, 10 PAFs)
Hikai Shuha-zan (Dagger, 25 FAPs)

Solution: Get more PA Fragments. Go run Innocent Girl to collect weapon badges, or gather any zon/megi/etc spheres you have stashed away, and trade them in.
=Smidge=

(Chuei Jitotsushin is actually pretty nice, especially when combined with Go Vahra Claws which hit one additional enemy)

Rinkou Sanaka
Dec 14, 2009, 11:54 AM
the main weapons i use are double sabers twin sabers and sabers sometimes claws or daggers

Neith
Dec 14, 2009, 12:28 PM
the main weapons i use are double sabers twin sabers and sabers sometimes claws or daggers

Out of those weapons, the only PA Fragment discs I'd bother getting would be:
- Tornado Dance (Double Saber, 99 Frags)
- Cross Hurricane IF you play Acrofighter at all (Twin Saber, 70 PA Frags, I think)

I don't really think too strongly of the other PA Frag PA's out of the weapon types you listed. Senten Kanzan-ga for Single Claw is ok, I guess.

Aside from those weapon types, Dus Majarra (30 Frags, Spear) and Anga Jabroga (99 Frags, Axe) are widely considered to be good PAs for a melee character.

milranduil
Dec 14, 2009, 01:04 PM
Out of those weapons, the only PA Fragment discs I'd bother getting would be:
- Tornado Dance (Double Saber, 99 Frags)
- Cross Hurricane IF you play Acrofighter at all (Twin Saber, 70 PA Frags, I think)

I don't really think too strongly of the other PA Frag PA's out of the weapon types you listed. Senten Kanzan-ga for Single Claw is ok, I guess.

Aside from those weapon types, Dus Majarra (30 Frags, Spear) and Anga Jabroga (99 Frags, Axe) are widely considered to be good PAs for a melee character.

And Hikai Shuha-Zan lol. It's a very powerful PA >_>

Neith
Dec 14, 2009, 02:11 PM
I didn't list Hikai because I can't stand it. The stupid sonic-spin at the end looks terrible. It's a decent PA I guess, but not one I'd ever use again.

Danny_Dark
Dec 14, 2009, 02:58 PM
Hikai Shuha-Zan and Dus Majarra are Good PA's.

j_endo
Dec 14, 2009, 03:23 PM
what i do is look at the main weapons the class i have(s-rank weaps) then utube the pa's and get the one i think looks the coolest lol XD

biggabertha
Dec 14, 2009, 06:53 PM
Assault Crush
Cross Hurricane
Shunbu Shouren-zan
Hikai Shuha-zan
Bukuu Saien-zan
Senten Kanzan-ga
Absolute Dance
Gravity Dance
Spiral Dance
Tornado Dance
Rising Strike

Those are all really nice choices but aside from a few that have handy effects/hit boxes, they all basically do the same job. Some are faster than others while some are flashier than others - Hikai Shuha-zan's a great example, a pretty powerful PA if you can use the second part well/consistently but it's highly subjective views on it make some people turn away from it.

I'd definitely recommend Assault Crush - it's powerful and I love the way it looks (even though the third part seems a liiiiiiittle exaggerated...). It's also kinda cheap - I think around 18,000 meseta in any weapons shop.

RadiantLegend
Dec 14, 2009, 07:03 PM
Everything needs to be X'ed

Go

Cross HURRICANE!

j_endo
Dec 14, 2009, 07:47 PM
i love tornado dance but y is it so god damn expensive??????!!!!!

darthplagis
Dec 14, 2009, 07:51 PM
meh cross hurricaine is waaaayyy too slow and pointless, but if you dont do the 3rd part you can rack up some nice damage.

assault crush IMO is the best twin saber art, it takes a little while to level but once you have 21 and all parts it becomes lethal.

gravity dance (DS) is a great damage dealer too, but i find myself using Buten Shuren-zan on single daggers LOADS, i have it maxxed (40) on 2 guys and the damage it deals is crazy.

if you like claws go buy yourself a photon claw and pop a few grinds on it (A+8 will do for 5 or 6 grinds with 3*) it has crazy ATP and HP steal too, and arts for claws both PA frag ones are great but i love Bukku saien-zan for the area blast it does