PDA

View Full Version : Persona... 3 or 4?

TalHex
Dec 15, 2009, 04:36 PM
I know a few of you have played both of the persona games, so I was wondering what the general consensus was on which is better. Personally, I liked persona 3's story much more, but I liked Persona 4's characters better.

Outrider
Dec 15, 2009, 05:58 PM
I got about 26 hours into Persona 4 and had barely scratched the surface. Games should not be that long.

Still, I was really enjoying it. It was good!

But I haven't played Persona 3, so I'm just wasting everybody's time with this post.

TalHex
Dec 15, 2009, 06:11 PM
not at all.

hmm... I rather like games that take me forever to beat (I'm 60 hours into P4 and am just now approaching the end... not counting the game overs) makes me feel like I actually got a really good deal for my money

Shadowpawn
Dec 15, 2009, 06:30 PM
Normal end or true end?

TalHex
Dec 15, 2009, 07:45 PM
whichever

ShinMaruku
Dec 15, 2009, 08:03 PM
Borderlands.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 16, 2009, 10:53 AM
I voted before posting.

What dood I win?

Seems I'm the only vote and I win that designation. And later, after any more votes, the first voter designation.

People here really don't vote. See you never again, FKL Presidential Elections!

Outrider
Dec 16, 2009, 10:58 AM
I think he's asking which ending you're approaching in P4.

Because my understanding is that the game ends several hours early if you get the bad ending.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 16, 2009, 11:14 AM
I've lost at least 45 minutes of progress a few times in Persona 4.

The 1st time turned me off the game for a whole year, then I just breezed past those One hit KO magic spewers the next time I booted this up again. Another time I was grinding per the "extend the gameplay hours to near 100" part of the game, equipped my "revives you once after a KO" accessory, turned a corner for one more battle per my Magic SP left before jetting out the dungeon, then got abused by a weakness to Lightning-one more turn for the enemy to kill you, to die and lose my accessory then die again.

Then get taunted worse than a Resident Evil "YOU R DEAD" screen with that guy's limo and scrolling too long mantra of death is but a dream -- something something.

The last time was during this final boss, getting close to finishing the game, then he pulls a new attack out of his ass and ruins me. And I've not picked up the game again since.

Shadowpawn
Dec 16, 2009, 11:49 AM
I think he's asking which ending you're approaching in P4.

Because my understanding is that the game ends several hours early if you get the bad ending.

Well, there are three endings actually. The bad ending, the normal ending and the true ending. It's very easy to miss the true ending if you aren't following a walkthrough.

Outrider
Dec 16, 2009, 12:37 PM
Well, there are three endings actually. The bad ending, the normal ending and the true ending. It's very easy to miss the true ending if you aren't following a walkthrough.

I thought it was mostly just a matter of choosing the right option when you're asked what to do with the presumed bad guy?

Or is it a social link thing?

Because if it's a social link thing, I should probably just consider restarting the game once I start playing it again - there's no way I'm going to play through the entire game twice.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 16, 2009, 12:46 PM
Correct. But its within a submenu of questioning after following the exact answers, which don't show up upon picking even one wrong in sequence.

Social links don't have to be maxed all at once, the first time through. You get some extra slight incentives in items and such as small rewards for doing so, more likely in another playthrough since the first time through its tough to balance everything.

Too bad, but I don't think I'm missing much by not being special BFFs with Old Lady Death or the emo Liquor Store kid. Wanted to solve Naoto's detective mystery though. Ran outta time... baby.

TalHex
Dec 16, 2009, 12:59 PM
I've gotten the bad ending, and I'm in the process of getting the true ending. Haven't seen the normal ending.

Sayara
Dec 16, 2009, 01:54 PM
#4 mainly for Adachi and Dojima
mmmmm

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 18, 2009, 10:58 PM
PSOW down. Got that "True ending."

Not particularly any bigger or better than "Normal ending."

Now its going to take a buncha more hours, from current 93 (includes carryover from 1st game) to see what 2 extra bosses? How bout that. Better do what Outrider is planning, play something else?