PDA

View Full Version : Goshin's ruined PSU

GreenArcher
Dec 17, 2009, 02:00 AM
I remember seeing an article linked in some thread a while back stating that Goshin's ruined PSU, and backed it up rather well. Gave me a good laugh at the same time :wacko:

Anyway I was telling a friend about this only to realize I don't have the link saved, and an hour or two of searching brought up nothing.

So anybody have this on hand?

NiceOnes
Dec 17, 2009, 04:26 PM
What the hell is a Goshin?

Zarode
Dec 17, 2009, 04:43 PM
What the hell is a Goshin?

Oh snap, I heard it is a PSU monster. (http://www.pso-world.com/beastiary/psu/1/25/goshin/)

Tulio07
Dec 18, 2009, 08:38 AM
they're actually one of my favorite monsters in the game

Freshellent
Dec 18, 2009, 10:19 AM
gb2 bed Green

cheapgunner
Dec 18, 2009, 11:19 AM
No, what ruined PSU was the drip feeding content and nubs complaining how hard every mission was and getting most of the good missions nerfed to the point that teams can sleepwalk through missions in under 11 minutes.

GreenArcher
Dec 18, 2009, 03:56 PM
Good job reading the OP ;)

ashley50
Dec 18, 2009, 05:06 PM
go back playing Rapplez :l

Dragwind
Dec 18, 2009, 06:16 PM
This reminds me of when people claimed megid ruined PSU.

Meyfei
Dec 18, 2009, 06:21 PM

Wasnt there someone saying something about a spell healing to much before? lol

PekingDuck13
Dec 18, 2009, 07:45 PM
The only way Goshins could have ruined PSU is if they were on the dev team when this game was being made. :p

BIG OLAF
Dec 18, 2009, 08:30 PM
I remember way back in about December '07, my friend finally ventured from De Ragan and went to Neudaiz. The next day, he told me that it was a nightmare, especially these certain monsters that he referred to as "the demon worms" (Goshins). I didn't believe him, so I went and did the mission (Forested Islands), too. Back then, yes, they were horrendously powerful, but I wouldn't say they "ruined" the game.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Dec 18, 2009, 08:42 PM
Some of the posts in this thread made me facepalm. Thanks for the effort anyway, Green.

Mike
Dec 18, 2009, 08:43 PM
I remember said rant. I don't remember where it was posted though. It was amusing though.

AzureBlaze
Dec 19, 2009, 02:07 AM
I posted something related to it.
The ORIGINAL person, IDK who it was, had this massive essay (like you said) which was 100% convincing that Goshins indeed did ruin the game. What no one remembers inside this thread or any other, is what the game was like when it first started out. That post/related material was a huge reminder. I don't remember if the original essay was ever found (though it should be, thing was funny too)

But the gist was...
At the start there was NO MOATOOB for like a month or so.
2 or 3 Parum areas only, which was relic, feild or spammy de ragan all day.
Colony was so low exp/boring only 2 missions there too
OR you could go to neudiaz and fight Goshins.
Goshins removed Neudaiz from the action.

Why do people today not even know what a goshin is? Becaues they quit using them after "ST itself realized they were ruining the game". You don't see like...ANY goshins in any of the aoti missions and no one can explain it other than the previous quote being true.

They had debuff AND knockdown, plus fire on every attack they do. When you/everyone were low level (yeah level cap at 50) and there was no money (this was before the haxeta changed the market permenently on ps2 pc) that BS was devastating and seriously no fun. You also had to wait forever for them to come out of the ground so rooms took ages/no hitting underground. They'd basically pop up, knock everyone over, do a foie while you're getting up, then go underground for another solid minute while you can't hit 'em. Forces had to rebuff for EVERY SINGLE MOB, because a single worm would debuff the party like 3x before it died. And that's "Back in the day" too when all these better weps/more cash/high level stuff didn't exist/no one had it and you couldn't just 'fight while debuffed' because it'd take forever.

So yeah, they would be a hell of a nuisance enemy today, they literally were no fun to fight. But back in the day when there were no options, no good way to fight them, that made it so much worse. Don't see much of the old Bul Bunna worm either, do you? They were a less annoying reskin.

You might look for the essay on the official sega boards too.
Goshin on dev team (It rises from the office floor, uses tiny arms to push the keys and make bad suggestions helping to ruin the game) It is hilarious!

Hrith
Dec 19, 2009, 09:48 AM
ITT, old people ;o

GreenArcher
Dec 19, 2009, 08:22 PM
I posted something related to it.
Forces had to rebuff for EVERY SINGLE MOB, because a single worm would debuff the party like 3x before it died.

We had no buffs back then :D

Ezodagrom
Dec 19, 2009, 08:53 PM
Becaues they quit using them after "ST itself realized they were ruining the game". You don't see like...ANY goshins in any of the aoti missions and no one can explain it other than the previous quote being true.
There are Goshins in Phantasy Star Portable 2. :>

DuRaL
Dec 19, 2009, 09:03 PM
if you want that retro-feeling back (and pr0n), you should try the xbox360 demo xD
as far as i know it's exactly what PSU was like at the very beginning..

and yeah, that's 1 of the reasons PSU failed: it had a very very veeeery bad start, due to no content..

i mean, what did Sega expect? xD when you buy a new game for $60 and pay a fee to play online, you want more from it than 7 tiny missions ~_^

Kion
Dec 19, 2009, 09:52 PM
and yeah, that's 1 of the reasons PSU failed: it had a very very veeeery bad start, due to no content..

-and then continue to not provide anything for long periods of time... :nono:

Hatrix
Dec 21, 2009, 05:24 PM
I read parts of that review I belive he called it, I was thinking so what!? But seeing you were all Lv.50 would kind of suck. It was pretty funny how he'd curse about this and that tho.

Delete
Dec 21, 2009, 10:29 PM
I think those Seabed bug thingys were way more annoying then those worms. That's where everyone would actually abandon the mission because "it's was too hard."

Ruru
Dec 21, 2009, 11:19 PM
Back before AotI on PS2, those bees in seabed were awesome. They just stood there facing one direction, while shooting those poison needle things. It wasn't until the expansion that they moved around for us PS2 players. PC on the other hand must have been a major pain.

As for Goshins. yeah they sucked way back when. Even knockback/down hits didn't quite stun them enough to help in those fights.

Zarode
Dec 21, 2009, 11:25 PM
Actually, we had one way to fight back at them. Freezing. That was it. That was the only move useful enough at the time to get them, and our bullets/spells were so low leveled that the status didn't last long enough. It was a nightmare.

Those, and Tengougs. I remember being one of the few rangers with fire bullets high enough to burn them. Good times.

Splash
Dec 21, 2009, 11:31 PM
lol Tengougs. They weren't so bad but the Dark version...

Sparks Zeta
Dec 22, 2009, 12:20 AM
The Majority of People don't know what a Goshin is Because 90% of the PSU Community were too busy Leveling up in White beast.. >_>

I remember Goshins.. :D Back about 2-3 years Ago when i used to play the Demo, I felt like a badass with my Cast And An SUV. Then Traveling to Neudaiz For the First time, I kinna thought they were a Joke Monster Until i realized i was getting owned with De-Buff and Fire. Friends got Pissed off at the game because of it. xD. Anywho, After getting the real Game, I began Getting used to them.. Heh.

and they're still a Pain in the Ass today. xD

Mike
Dec 22, 2009, 01:57 AM
I think those Seabed bug thingys were way more annoying then those worms. That's where everyone would actually abandon the mission because "it's was too hard."

You're lucky to have made it that far. Most of the people I played with didn't want to brave the megid hurling Jarbas in the mission before that one so it was rare to get to that one.

Hucast-Kireek
Dec 22, 2009, 04:11 AM
trying to get BH unit back when it came was hard as hell...i think is still iss.

SuperRygar
Dec 22, 2009, 11:55 AM
i never had a problem with those. its true they were more 'annoying' then other monster but if you know their movement paterns they're just as easy as any other mob. if you got hit by their surfacing attack and debuffed its your own fault. your lack of skill ruined the game -.-

GreenArcher
Dec 22, 2009, 05:50 PM
omg READ THE POST

Hrith
Dec 22, 2009, 06:08 PM
READwat :wacko:

Ruru
Dec 22, 2009, 06:51 PM
Seems people only read the topic title and make an entire oppinion of the OP solely on that.

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 22, 2009, 07:09 PM
Seems people only read the topic title and make an entire oppinion of the OP solely on that.
So, what's new? :p

Keilyn
Dec 22, 2009, 07:15 PM
It depends...I dont have time to read 10 - 20 pages on a topic to post if I know half the topic is going to be spam.

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 23, 2009, 12:10 PM
Nobody knows where the thread is OP or else they would have said. That aside, I freaking hate goshins still.

DragonStriker
Dec 23, 2009, 12:28 PM
OH MY GOD QUIT COMPLAINING GREEN ARCHER YOU NOOB THOSE R SO EASY TO KILL,

Back on topic uh I remember the post, perhaps the topic was closed or removed?

SuperRygar
Dec 23, 2009, 01:17 PM
i read the OP, and i dont remember the post, then i decided to post my comments on Goshin.

you should have know people would post off-topic things, its the norm on this forum

although i will admit that some people miss the point of your question ENTIRELY >.> and most dont even understand because they weren't around years ago

GreenArcher
Dec 23, 2009, 03:12 PM
your lack of skill ruined the game -.-

Great comments on Goshin.

The OP is 5 lines of text asking a yes or no question. It's really not that hard to read it.

SuperRygar
Dec 23, 2009, 03:50 PM
well, that's my opinion. never said anyone would like it and it wasnt directed towards you at all GreenArcher

PekingDuck13
Dec 23, 2009, 04:23 PM
Great comments on Goshin.

The OP is 5 lines of text asking a yes or no question. It's really not that hard to read it.

If that's all you wanted, then the question has already been answered and this thread should be locked. But since the question has been answered and no one can seem to find the article, others chose to discuss the actual content of the article instead. Besides, if you weren't looking for anything but an answer to a yes or no question, then you should have chosen a better title.

GreenArcher
Dec 23, 2009, 04:39 PM
I don't consider it answered until somebody posts the link, which has not happened.

The title was intended to attract attention, and is also the title of the article, therefore increasing my chances of finding this article.

Think before you post.

PekingDuck13
Dec 23, 2009, 04:51 PM
I don't consider it answered until somebody posts the link, which has not happened.

The title was intended to attract attention, and is also the title of the article, therefore increasing my chances of finding this article.

Think before you post.

Exactly. The title was intended to attract attention which is like false advertising. You are getting exactly what you deserve.

GreenArcher
Dec 23, 2009, 04:57 PM
Did I deceive you into reading 5 lines of text that you thought would be different? My sincerest apologies.

desturel
Dec 23, 2009, 05:05 PM
I don't remember one complaining about Goshin, but I do remember the one complaining about Kubara Wood (http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/phantasy-star-universe/746449p1.html).

Ruru
Dec 23, 2009, 07:35 PM
Exactly. The title was intended to attract attention which is like false advertising. You are getting exactly what you deserve.

Wow, you make it sound like GA is intentionally trying to emotionally hurt or decieve people.

There's no false advertising here, it's a topic title designed for the sole purpose of getting people to look into the thread so that the OP can be answered promptly, It's not as if GA said, "free snacks in thread" then gave us nothing.

Mike
Dec 23, 2009, 09:59 PM
If we were going by the topic title we would be looking of a copy of the ruined PSU that Goshin had stashed away somewhere. Back on topic, I've looked around a bit more and still nothing. I've tried all the usual keywords but not but a few generic reviews.

Zarode
Dec 23, 2009, 10:39 PM
Have you tried the old PSU official forums, GreenArcher? I think it was there.

pikachief
Dec 23, 2009, 11:31 PM

omg i remember that! no one wanted to play Unsafe Passage S cuz apparently S runs were too hard :(