PDA

View Full Version : Winamp 3 is pissing me off!

BlackRose
Feb 26, 2003, 12:25 PM
Ok, I use winamp. It works, and I like the avs editor. So, my playlist has 95 songs on it. Not the longest ever, certainly Winamp was desgined to handle at least this size of playlist. I order my playlist, classical on top, then jazz and blues and country, then trance, rock and metal on the bottom.

I use random play because I like hearing the songs out of the order they're in on the list.

THE BASTARD ONLY PLAYS JAZZ AND BLUES. I don't know why, but on random play, it simply won't play anything that's on the bottom half of the playlist. I inverted my list... so metal and rock on top, then trance etc. etc... and THE BASTARD ONLY PLAYED METAL AND ROCK.

what the hell!!!?

...*/rambling rant*

Ness
Feb 26, 2003, 02:34 PM
I like Windows Media Player a whole lot more than Winamp. Sometimes I wonder why I still have it on my computer.

Axispoint
Feb 26, 2003, 02:41 PM
WinAmp 3 sucks. I had over 200 songs on my playlist and there's one thing this new version of WinAmp doesn't do: if you stop on song 165 and close the program down, when you reopen it later, it starts back on song 1. Older WinAmps did do that, but I think it's stupid they took it out of this one. And then that fade in and fade out crap at the beginning and end of each song got on my nerves until I figured out how to turn it off.

Though for me it's a moot point because my Winamp doesn't work anymore, so I have to use MusicMatch now. My harddrive is getting really annoying http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Balthor
Feb 26, 2003, 03:40 PM
Winamp3's volume levels suck, Wimamp can go much louder.

Kay
Feb 26, 2003, 06:52 PM
Uh, well I like Media player too, or Ashampoo+. I dunno if either of them have avs editors tho. I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to A/V terms.

pixelate
Feb 26, 2003, 07:35 PM
Yummy iTunes. Aww, no one's a Mac user here. Too bad!

geewj
Feb 26, 2003, 07:46 PM
On 2003-02-26 16:35, pixelate wrote:
Yummy iTunes. Aww, no one's a Mac user here. Too bad!

hey, spread your Mac propaganda somewhere else.

Guile
Feb 26, 2003, 08:55 PM
Never really had a prob with my winamp 3..cept when I click a song at the bottom of the playlist editor it scrolls down to the last song and plays that...

CajunSamurai
Feb 26, 2003, 11:48 PM
Ugh, go to winamp.com and grab the older Winamp 2... I prefer about 3 fold. Much more efficient and takes a whole lot less resources. It also has some superior visualizations... The ones I've tried for Winamp 3 all looked like crap.
I think I know what you mean about that stupid randomization, too... I usually have at least 600 songs in my playlist at any given time, and strangely, every time I randomized and advanced a track, it either played a song by the same artist, or a song close to the previous one on the playlist. I'm a customization freak so of course I adjusted the preferences as well, but it didn't help... Very weird.

I'm no fan of Winamp 3, I'm afraid.

Windows Media Player 9 works really well too. Slower than Winamp 2, but it makes up for its lack of speed with its fonky features, such as a speed control that works surprisingly well.

LollipopLolita
Feb 27, 2003, 03:21 AM
On 2003-02-26 16:46, Prof_Frink wrote:

hey, spread your Mac propaganda somewhere else.

don't make me ban you

G-Assassin
Feb 27, 2003, 05:07 PM
On 2003-02-26 12:40, Balthor_The_Defiled wrote:
Winamp3's volume levels suck, Wimamp can go much louder.

I have that same problem, and sometimes Winamp3 just doesn't work at all.

rena-ko
Mar 1, 2003, 04:05 PM
and thats why i went back to winamp 2.81 - its nice, its clean, it has more options than winamp3 and its way more stable (and i hate the playlist in winamp3)

Subliminalgroove
Mar 1, 2003, 04:56 PM
If its just the shuffle thing you are having a problem with, try going under Options -> Playlists. There you should find a shuffle bar. The further the slider is to the left, the less variation. Further to the right, more variation. That may help you there... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Though for anyone who uses Litestep may find that Winamp3 doesn't like to work with Geekamp. There is another module that works with it, but I have never been able to get it to run on my desktop... Ah well, I imagine I'm the only one using litestep here anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

edit: litestep stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Subliminalgroove on 2003-03-01 13:59 ]</font>

Skuld_0
Mar 4, 2003, 02:01 PM
or just windows media which rules..although i like the thing that winamp says when you turn it on about the spank the lama's ass

SorceressofTime
Mar 5, 2003, 05:09 AM
On 2003-03-01 13:05, rena-ko wrote:
and thats why i went back to winamp 2.81 - its nice, its clean, it has more options than winamp3 and its way more stable (and i hate the playlist in winamp3)

exactly. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif i don't use winamp 3 anymore from how much i hate it.

BlackRose
Mar 5, 2003, 11:34 PM
Jeez, maybe I could actually read the options menu before I get all mad at not being able to change anything....

*bag head on wall*

On 2003-03-01 13:56, Subliminalgroove wrote:

Though for anyone who uses Litestep may find that Winamp3 doesn't like to work with Geekamp. There is another module that works with it, but I have never been able to get it to run on my desktop... Ah well, I imagine I'm the only one using litestep here anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I actually used to use it... and I could never find a module to make winamp 3 work, and so went back to 2.81...

But then my hard drive blanked, and I don't feel like going through all the trouble of getting litestep to work (hell, i never really could get it right)

There used to be some LS gurus around here, but I think they all ran off...

rbf2000
Mar 6, 2003, 01:57 AM
I use good old winamp 2.80

I love it. I don't have a mulimedia keyboard, so I have windows set so that whenver I hit ctr + 0, winamp launches, and if it is already running, it makes it go to the top of the screen. So then I can just use buttons on the number pad to controll it. Not to mention, I have one gigantic playlist with all of my mp3s, and whenever I want to listent to something in particular, I just hit the j key, and pull up the search, which works awesome.

^Is that a run on sentance or what?

Axispoint
Mar 6, 2003, 06:52 PM
Well, a bit after I posted on this thread, my harddrive corrupted my Window's registry and with the way that harddrive was, it was pointless to reinstall windows on it, so I had to switchout harddrives. Since this time my CD drive was working (ie- the door wasn't jammed shut), I went ahead and installed 2.78 (and it would be pointless to waste time dl'ing 3 since it blows). My wonderful Chris sent it along on a disc. It works fine and even does the thing that 3 won't do (stop on x song, close WinAmp, reopen WinAmp, hit play, it will play that same x song). It's a pity that the new version blows compared to the old one. It's supposed to be the other way around, but I guess Nullsoft screwed that up, lol.