PDA

View Full Version : Do People Still Play On XBox 360?

JerZim1
Dec 19, 2009, 06:47 PM
I used to play but cancelled a long time ago.If I started again would I keep my old level or need to start over (360 was what I played on, using same gamertag)

And if I did come back how active is the 360? Is the 360 still getting updated?

Max B
Dec 19, 2009, 06:49 PM
You would keep your old level aand yes we get bi-weekly updates and I would say there is still alot of people that play the game still.

Dragwind
Dec 19, 2009, 06:52 PM
The 360 is still more active than the pc/ps2 servers, so you should still be able to find many people to play with.

ashley50
Dec 19, 2009, 07:12 PM
can yo define your "long time ago"? How long exactly?

Freeze
Dec 19, 2009, 07:15 PM
Universe one averages three stars at the lowest times, peek times gets one universe full and two to three stars on universe2

DuRaL
Dec 19, 2009, 08:52 PM
i never see more than 4 to 5 stars lately =/

let's hope for MAG+ and the sup. update to come soon, maybe they can fill 2 unis (at least for a while..)

DragonStriker
Dec 19, 2009, 11:16 PM
During Colony GBR I saw 9 stars and the same during Neudaiz GBR. I think with a good update during the holidays we could see similar numbers, but yes besides that 4-5 at peak times and 2-3 besides that.

JerZim1
Dec 19, 2009, 11:34 PM
Well I was one of the two who got hacked when game first came out, I was Carnage, prob forgoten by now but on 360 me and my brother were the most popular players.

stinkyfish97
Dec 20, 2009, 12:20 AM
You know if they really wanted this game to be popular they would release all the supp. update stuff at once. Lower the price per month to 3.99 and then just do major events every so often. I think we would see a big jump in population if they would do that. 9.99 per month is slightly bordering ridiculous now that it is 3 years into this game. The concept and the gameplay is brilliant as well as fun but the fact that we pay 9.99 is not brilliant, especially with the way the economy, no not psu economy, world economy is right now.

GreenArcher
Dec 20, 2009, 12:22 AM
No it wouldn't, nothing would save this game.

And really, if you can pay 4$ a month you can pay 10$ a month, what's the difference.

Feggge
Dec 20, 2009, 04:37 AM
I started playing again about a week ago. As someone else said, minimum population is always 3 stars. You never feel alone but it ain't overcrowded either.

Nayto the Fighmaster
Dec 20, 2009, 05:01 AM
I still play heck I'm trying to level my cast's mission points by spamming Egg thieves.

Blenjar
Dec 20, 2009, 05:09 AM
i started playing again and i need friends. Any1 wants to play?

-- Blen

ShuttleXpC
Dec 20, 2009, 05:09 AM
No it wouldn't, nothing would save this game.

And really, if you can pay 4$ a month you can pay 10$ a month, what's the difference.

Obviously you know nothing of marketing. Have you ever wondered why things are priced at 8.99, 9.99, whatever.99? They do this to entice customers into believing they are actually getting a deal. Somewhere deep inside your little head when you see the .99 you think, "Oh man, its only 8.00" when in actuality its priced @8.99 which is 9.00. Go around in stores, when children try to talk their parents into buying something for them and listen to their arguments. Having a lower initial cost would entice more people to try the game and would (yes this matters) let their children try something for a way less cost to play price. So, lower price = more players no matter how you want to look at it.

GreenArcher
Dec 20, 2009, 09:53 PM
Obviously you know nothing of marketing. Have you ever wondered why things are priced at 8.99, 9.99, whatever.99? They do this to entice customers into believing they are actually getting a deal. Somewhere deep inside your little head when you see the .99 you think, "Oh man, its only 8.00" when in actuality its priced @8.99 which is 9.00. Go around in stores, when children try to talk their parents into buying something for them and listen to their arguments. Having a lower initial cost would entice more people to try the game and would (yes this matters) let their children try something for a way less cost to play price. So, lower price = more players no matter how you want to look at it.

You say this as if PSU just jumps out at people like LOOK, TRY THIS! Fail.

Lack of population has nothing to do with the price, look at the game when it launched, PC/PS2 had 3 universe's full constantly. That's HUGE compared to the PSO online player base. Lack of content killed the game, nothing can be done to "save" it. PSU is a "dead" game in relative terms.

Ethateral
Dec 20, 2009, 10:34 PM
Yeah last I checked, these last few GBRs has steadily caused the population to decline on the 360. My account is still active because I forget to cancel. I've popped on every now and then just to see myself. I've seen a minimum of one and half to two stars minimum. Not even a full universe during peak hours now. I've even seen completely dead universes as well. The 360 population isn't as large as it used to be.

Maybe MAG+ and/or Supplemental will bring players back, but that won't even last for long. PSU has long since been dead. If I remember correctly as well, the JP servers have declined greatly as well. I think recently also since the release of PSP2? I could be wrong, so don't hold me to it. I remember reading something about it not long ago.

JerZim1
Dec 21, 2009, 02:54 AM
I am level 51, will i have trouble finding groups to level?

GreenArcher
Dec 21, 2009, 01:27 PM
Yes, you will.

Nayto the Fighmaster
Dec 22, 2009, 12:37 AM
Yes, you will.

Not exactly as true as some believe, they're there. I see them all the time. But where?

Look no further than... White beast.

JerZim1
Dec 23, 2009, 12:50 AM
I wish they did other missions tho

Sinikal
Dec 23, 2009, 05:27 PM
I wish they did other missions tho

You and me both man, i just hit lvl 90 and im damn sick of WB. :(

-Morgan-
Dec 25, 2009, 04:49 AM
Yes, you will.

jeez someones just full of fail in this thread

GreenArcher
Dec 25, 2009, 07:26 AM
Well, I don't consider a group of people bleeding their eyes out at White Beasts a party, but to each their own...

poorblackman
Dec 25, 2009, 08:41 AM
White Beasts is the place to be I haven't played Psu in a few months but I'm Sure nothing has changed and WB is the only place you're gonna find a party