PDA

View Full Version : One format one set of servers. How much would you pay?

Professor Xavier
Dec 20, 2009, 09:25 PM
If we had the option to port our accounts to one format on one set of servers which one would it be?

It would make more sense for all of us to play on one format. There would be only one PSU to update. SEGA could save lots money by have only one psu to program. I would be willing to pay maybe 30.00 to go to just one format. The chance to have every update on time for everyone is very appealing!!

pinkace
Dec 20, 2009, 09:44 PM
If you mean GLOBALLY one system, then that's a swell idea. I'm already paying for PSU as is so its a moot point.

I think it would be impossible since SoA uses their servers for other things besides hosting games, like boards, email, billing, etc. SoE and SoJ are the same thing. So they would need to either buy individual servers for their systems and pool the PSU servers or buy brand new servers for PSU and have them hosted somewhere in eastern europe or India (hella cheap, lots of companies, including my own, do it).

neilp4453
Dec 20, 2009, 09:47 PM
I think that ship has sailed....we would be pounded with new content on the local servers.

But it wouldn't be a bad idea if Sega started speeding things up.

Professor Xavier
Dec 20, 2009, 09:58 PM
I mostly mean a fee to port your account. You would still pay the monthly fee. It would be better than all the servers shutting down and having no place to play at all. There would be time and labor involved to do it. SEGA could make money in the process. If its even possible or easy. They may have to program a whole new system for the game. Maybe just 100 items characters and photon arts etc. If it were simple there would be a better chance of it happening.

Keilyn
Dec 20, 2009, 10:28 PM
I would love one major server, one platform.........

Thank god PC games are like that....If you see a PC port to a console, its to connect to PC servers....without damaging the PC side of things. For a long time everyone conformed to PS2...not everyone is conforming to PC

I said it in 2006...If you are going to run PSU it should be PC Only and it will end up being PC exclusive to content eventually...and I was right. ^_^

Ezodagrom
Dec 20, 2009, 10:39 PM
I think I would prefer a sequel for PC, PS3 and Xbox360 (all in the same servers), a fresh start.

Ethateral
Dec 20, 2009, 10:45 PM
I said it in 2006...If you are going to run PSU it should be PC Only and it will end up being PC exclusive to content eventually...and I was right. ^_^
Did you also forget about 360? It's not just PC exclusive. They wouldn't leave out 360 which can handle/receive the same things. All they're doing is leaving PS2 in the dust like they should have long ago.

Zeek123
Dec 21, 2009, 12:57 AM
I think it's a nifty idea. Any foreign speaking folks could essentially be dedicated to their language... (i.e. the Japanese server).

I know there's some German and Spanish people sprinkled throughout PSU.

But what I do know, is that IF there were to be a console sequel, which at this point seems completely impossible... but if, if a sequel was pending, I would hope that Sega would opt to ditch the segregated servers they've been using. Why DON'T we play with the 360 users? The 360 itself is practically a PC. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just going with what I've heard.

The PS3 could obviously have PSU 2's servers on PSN, but who really wants that? If we're paying monthly for a game, it damn well better have dedicated servers.

Powder Keg
Dec 21, 2009, 02:45 AM
This will determine if I ever invest into the next Phantasy Star installment. Well, that and everything being unlocked from the start. If both of those conditions are met, I'm more than likely sold.

DragonStriker
Dec 21, 2009, 02:54 AM
I would pay 10 dollars a month although I don't feel I'm getting my money's worth now so maybe they could just do this for free.

They owe me :(

Shinko
Dec 21, 2009, 03:47 AM
I think I would prefer a sequel for PC, PS3 and Xbox360 (all in the same servers), a fresh start.

I agree with this

DreXxiN
Dec 21, 2009, 04:11 AM
The only way I'd remotely justify picking up the game again is if it's free since Sega's job right now isn't even remotely close to being worthy of a monthly fee at the moment.

I've been playing a lot of free games lately and realize "Wow...they really are this bad...

Take League of Legends for example, the support in comparison is phenominal.

Volcompat321
Dec 21, 2009, 06:56 AM
I would love to have some VOICE CHAT on a PS3 version of the game.
I hate typing something when I could easily just say what I have to say.

They'd also have to make the game better, so it doesn't lag AT ALL.
I couldn't(and wouldn't) put up with the same type of slowdown the PS2 has. Pc, it's not bad at all, but I would definitely want to play the next PS game on a console.

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 21, 2009, 09:39 AM
If ST were smart, they'd waive the monthly fee, and charge you instead for clothes and Beauty Salon.

Kion
Dec 21, 2009, 10:53 AM
I`d argue more that if there are no (timely) updates there should be no monthly fees. Instead when there are updates, you`d have to pay to upgrade your account to include the new content.

One single worldwide server would also be nice. I don`t care if i play with Japanese players or not, but it would nice to be at least on the same schedule. I think that rather than implementing updates completely separately for NA and JP, that there should just be one and the text should be cosmetic depending on the region the game is set to.