PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Planning to buy PSU for Xbox 360..

Pokerealm
Dec 21, 2009, 04:15 AM
So yeah, PSZ was the first game in the PS series I ever played, and I really enjoy it.
Now I want to buy a PS game for a console, and decided to go for PSU for my Xbox.

However, I have 2 questions;

1) I don't have Xbox Live, is there still enough to do offline? I don't mind playing solo, as long as I can still find all drops and access all maps etc.

2) Is there any way to play online using a cable/router? Or do I really need to buy a Xbox Live account?

So yeah, if the online mode is just for teaming up, and not for story purposes or certain drops/enemies/maps, I will buy the game.

A quick reply would be appreciated, as I wanted to get it today xD
Thanks in advance.

pokefiend
Dec 21, 2009, 06:58 AM
its not worth buying the game unless you're willing to fork over the $10 a month for the online mode but I wouldn't even do that it's not worth your money or your time.

Pokerealm
Dec 21, 2009, 07:00 AM
its not worth buying the game unless you're willing to fork over the $10 a month for the online mode but I wouldn't even do that it's not worth your money or your time.

Thanks for your reply =)

So, what's the main reason to pull this conclusion?
As I said, I don't mind if I can't play online, as long as I can get all items, maps and such things offline. Just like PSZ, where online mode just makes it even more fun, but it itsn't necessary to get certain items or maps.

Also, money doesn't play a big role here.
I have a fulltime job so I can live with the €10 a month.

AC_Messiah
Dec 21, 2009, 12:50 PM
On Xbox the majority of campaign is online. Only episode 1 (out of 3) is offline. Online is where PSU needs to be played.

To connect simply plug your xbox into your router with an Ethernet cable or the wireless adapter. You do not need a GOLD Xbox live account to play PSU. (The one you have to pay for). The silver account is free. From there you can download the expansion pack for PSU (which is a must buy really). Then you set up your guardians licence of $10 a month.

Offline PSU is really quite bad. Get online.

Pokerealm
Dec 21, 2009, 01:28 PM
On Xbox the majority of campaign is online. Only episode 1 (out of 3) is offline. Online is where PSU needs to be played.

To connect simply plug your xbox into your router with an Ethernet cable or the wireless adapter. You do not need a GOLD Xbox live account to play PSU. (The one you have to pay for). The silver account is free. From there you can download the expansion pack for PSU (which is a must buy really). Then you set up your guardians licence of $10 a month.

Offline PSU is really quite bad. Get online.

Thanks ^^

I thought I needed a Gold account to play with other people though?
Or can I play online solo with the Silver account?

Christmas
Dec 21, 2009, 01:44 PM
Silver is enough. You need gold to play the demo, but just having silver will let you play the main game.

PekingDuck13
Dec 21, 2009, 01:55 PM
The PSU subscription and Xbox Gold account are 2 separate things. All you need is a Silver account to connect to Live, then purchase the PSU subscription. Online is a separate mode from the offline story mode. It doesn't matter if you play alone or with other people, you still need to pay the fee to access the online mode.

Pokerealm
Dec 21, 2009, 04:31 PM
Allright, that's good enough for me to buy the game =)

Just 2 more minor questions;

Can I play the same day I purchase it? Or does the subscribing to PSU takes some days?
Also, do I need a creditcard to subscribe to PSU?
I'm 19, but I don't have one, and asking my parents isn't an option.
I'll get it tomorrow, if any of our local stores still have it in stock..

Thanks everyone ^_^

Dragwind
Dec 21, 2009, 04:33 PM
You should be able to play it the first day you purchase it.

As for not having a credit card, I believe debit and certain gift cards work, but I'm not 100% positive.

Pokerealm
Dec 21, 2009, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.

Well, I guess I'll do some searching on the web.
If I can't find anything, I'll just get it to see if there are other options, if there aren't, I'll just go get my money back.

DuRaL
Dec 21, 2009, 05:29 PM
if you have a gamecube, i'd suggest buying PSO Episode I & II instead..

it has a much better offline mode than PSU, you can get almost all items and explore most areas offline (except some online quests..), it even has an offline 4-player splitscreen option to play with your friends, and if you ever decide to try the online mode, all you need to buy is a Broadband Adapter, a Keyboard(adapter) and use google to find the free servers..

PSU on the other hand has a.. well.. "ok" story-mode and a boring "extra mode" where you play some missions alone..
you don't even get to play episode 2 of the story in offline mode on xbox360..
and since you seem to be from europe (netherlands, right?), i'm pretty sure a credit card will be your only option to pay the subscription fee..
at least in germany, where i live, paying via credit card is the only available option..

the game is pretty cheap, tho.. and may provide ~20 hours of fun and easy gamerscore points..
oh well, your decision ^_~