PDA

View Full Version : Rappies, Chows, Rare Missions

JerZim1
Dec 23, 2009, 12:49 AM
What are the odds of getting any of these just curious? I have never seen Chows or gotten a rare mission

they may be mispelled but chows are thse blue guys in moatoob instead of rappies

DAMASCUS
Dec 23, 2009, 12:58 AM
The odds of getting rare spawns like Rappys and Jaggos is extremely slim and gettting a rare mission is even slimmer.

If you follow rare maps from PSUpedia you can get a good rare spawn per hour of play on average.

darthplagis
Dec 23, 2009, 01:21 AM
both rappies and jaggo are available on all planets, but if you must see rappies go to lightning beasts on parum, only run the map with the room with the stairs on the other side (facing north or map C on psupedia) only run the mission if you get shagreece in the section with the rubble after the lightning guns, you have quite a high chance of rappies that way.

thats where i got all my special shotguns and most of my serafi daggers (twins and halp) also goldania drops frequent on the right level (A im sure) which you will need for those daggers or crea doubles etc

Smidge204
Dec 23, 2009, 06:07 AM
The odds of getting rare spawns like Rappys and Jaggos is extremely slim and gettting a rare mission is even slimmer.

If you follow rare maps from PSUpedia you can get a good rare spawn per hour of play on average.

I've actually been keeping track of this, spamming Scarred Planet C.

Out of 55 runs total, I got a rare spawn 10 times. (Edit: that's about an hour's worth of play, BTW) That's roughly a 1 in 5 chance of a rare spawn. Using the spawn patterns:

Identified non-rare on first block: 22 times
Identified non-rare on third block: 23 times
Rare spawn identified/confirmed: 10 times

So there's a roughly 2 in 5 chance you'll know almost immediately if it's NOT a rare spawn, at which point to can abandon the mission and start over. The other times you'll have to play through to the first spawn in block 3 to know for sure.

Of course this only works for Scarred Planet C. Each mission has different spawn patterns, some of which give no reliable indication of a rare spawn early on. I have not yet determined if the difficulty level makes a difference.

(And they're called Jaggos not Chaos or 'Chows')

Rare missions are a whole other bag. It's not even worth keeping statistics on those since there are so many variables. Popular belief is spending no less than 30 minutes in a normal free mission maximizes your chances (less time decreases chance, more time is just a waste). Other than that, odds are maybe 1 in 50 or worse.
=Smidge=

acidOD
Dec 23, 2009, 09:18 AM
Rare missions are a whole other bag. It's not even worth keeping statistics on those since there are so many variables.

Indeed, and yet the few rare missions I've been lucky to get it seems that I tend to get them back to back more often than one would think. Unfortunately my luck is such i can go days without one, and then maybe get 2 or 3 in one day...

Delete
Dec 23, 2009, 09:46 AM
Use this link.

http://psupedia.info/Enemy_spawn_charts

Since you need certain map spawns, here is the best way to get that info. Just click on whatever rare monster your looking for.

As for the rare map, you just gotta get lucky. Sometimes I would go a week without getting one, and that's when I had no life and played 24 7 lol.

ashley50
Dec 23, 2009, 01:11 PM
the hell?!

Chows?

j_endo
Dec 23, 2009, 01:16 PM
idk bout u but everytime i solo scared planet A+ i always get a rare map RAPPIES!
But i dont know if its luck or what but i always get it when i solo???? yesterday i got a brand spanking new christmas tree!

SuperRygar
Dec 23, 2009, 02:05 PM
lol @ chows

the uber rare chow :
http://images.teamsugar.com/files/upl2/1/13839/12_2009/c64cff1bb4192989_ActorChow_JonF_55148216_600.xlarg er.jpg

JerZim1
Dec 24, 2009, 02:03 AM
Chao not chow, had the wrong name either way

So rare missions are just all luck? Because my brother had a Jaggo spawn with no drop and he gt a rare mission right after doing white beast