PDA

View Full Version : The "I'm a FO you better give me my damn props" rant

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Feb 26, 2003, 05:53 PM
Yep. This is my first time posting in here since I've been @ PSOW, but there's a first time for everything, right?

Does ANYONE on this fuckin game know how to say "Thank You"? Some people just don't realize the values of FOs. About 80% of the time, unless you're HELLA badass, you need a FO to go into ruins. When you finally get one to go in ruins, what we do isn't "good enough". "J/Z everything because I suck!" "Shifta Deband noob!" Whoever said anything like that to me (and I hope you're reading) FUCK YOU lol. I'm sick of people bitching because they can't hold their own and want to blame them dying on "not having any S/D". I'm not even asking for that much! All I want is a Thank You.

Like the other day, some bitch was mad because I offered to save her some moons by casting Reverser.

Frosty II - You can save your moons =)
Bitch - I was just trying to help.....
Frosty II - I know, I was just saying you could save them because I have reverser.
Bitch - I can use them if I want to
Frosty II - ...........did I say you couldn't?
Bitch - Why bother saying anything?
Frosty II - (1,2,3,4, what the hell am I angry for....)

See what kindness gets you? And ya'll motha fuckas wonder why I'm so angry all the time lol. That's all I have to say right now......FOs please come vent.

geewj
Feb 26, 2003, 06:59 PM
Ya, it was even worse back in version 1, cause we couldnt do any damage in the harder areas. Forces were better know as HUcast's bitches. Unless you get some kinda personal satisfaction for assisting people with s/d/j/z, or have a good polite team, being a good FO is hard work.

Next time your in ruins go the wrong way on purpose and make them follow you around if they want help.

pixelate
Feb 26, 2003, 07:09 PM
I always follow the S/D/J/Z. HUcaseals can barely live without those. >_<

Stank you!

rena-ko
Mar 5, 2003, 09:40 AM
manners manners...
i always thank when i play with new people, and i thank from time to time when i play with good friends since they know, i thank them, and just dont want to blind someone out with an unneccessary textbubble...

but then... according to your little dialogue... people tend to speak past each other... first thing should be trying to understand what the other one could mean and not going offensive right away...
swallow the pride and let them have their way... any further thought and word about it is a wasted one imho...

its just like 'if you smile the world smiles with you' (yes, i'm aware you smiled, frosty... and sometimes when you smile the world punches your face... cant be helped i guess ^_^;;)

IceBlink
Mar 5, 2003, 11:33 AM
Like the other day, some bitch was mad because I offered to save her some moons by casting Reverser.

Frosty II - I know, I was just saying you could save them because I have reverser.
Bitch - Why bother saying anything?
Frosty II - (1,2,3,4, what the hell am I angry for....)

See what kindness gets you? And ya'll motha fuckas wonder why I'm so angry all the time lol. That's all I have to say right now......FOs please come vent.

It's possible that the female character took you to be... what's the word... demeaning their own skills.

Who were you casting reverser on? Her friends? Was she closer? Remember, just because you're the only one who could cast it, doesn't mean you're the only one who can resurrect people. If people are closer to the fallen team mate, they will usually do something about it, even if there's a force on the team.

Here, it seems that you're trying to um... show off. ^_^;

On here, it seems that just because she has her own opinion, you seemed to take offence. So... *shrug* Some people have preference to moons because they work faster than reverser. PSO isn't always about sticking to a role, you know. ^_^

So... next time, try to be a little more... understanding, I guess? o_o

(oh, and it doesn't help your cause swearing at people behind their back too. o_O)

TeamPhalanx
Mar 5, 2003, 11:34 AM
I rarely say "Thank you" when I'm with a FOrce, and I don't expect a "Thank you" when I'm playing as one.

It's like saying "Thanks you" to a HUnters who uses a sword to kill everything, or a RAnger who freezes evertying. It's their job. If you're a FOrce, it's your job to use techs.

As for the moon atomizer thing, I see it as giving unwanted advice. The player knows that FOrces can revive with reverser. It's like saying "Hey, FOrce, don't use Reverser because I can use Moons - You can save some TP that way."

Anyway, the bottom line is, if you don't like the players you're with, you don't have to support them.

CajunSamurai
Mar 6, 2003, 01:38 AM
I rarely say "Thank you" when I'm with a FOrce, and I don't expect a "Thank you" when I'm playing as one. Exactly... I appreciate it when someone thanks me for casting shifta and deband, but I always try my hardest to keep shifta and deband more or less permanent... it's just one of the many FO responsibilities.

I do, however, expect some kind of reply after casting Reverser on yo ass. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif No biggie either way though.

Raxxon_Ironis
Mar 6, 2003, 08:03 AM
Ok. Here we go.
For all you forces out there.
MAKE A HUNEWEARL
you get almost as much mental strength as a force, plus semi-kickass strength and the ability to use some hella cool weapons. And don't try pulling that
"But I have reverser!" bullcrap on me because Moons AREN'T THAT EXPENSIVE!! jeebus this gets old.

2Xtreme
Mar 8, 2003, 09:15 PM
In my opinion, a lot of the Forces on PSO don't deserve the props you speak of. From playing with countless Forces over the years, I infer that many of the Force players only use a Force because they have some strange desire to "nuke everything." I don't know about you, but the countinuous, unrelenting screams of Rafoie really get on my nerves. Easily half of the Forces I have played with can't seem to grasp the simple concepts of... brace yourselves, here they come... "learning enemies' technique resistances" and "not using Ra--- spells on one enemy." Too many of the Forces also have a tough time realizing that they are supposed to play support. Sure, they cast Shifta on you, but that's usually where it ends. They complain about how "Jellen and Zalure suck", failing to realize that they give you just as much experience as any other technique (assuming the other techniques aren't what kills the enemies); never mind the fact that Jellen and Zalure speed up the killing, so you get even more experience in the same amount of time.

CajunSamurai
Mar 8, 2003, 11:29 PM
What 2Xtreme said. It's funny, whenever another FO joins my game, it immedietely turns into a little game and rivalry for me... Who can most effectively do damage to enemies, cast resta, shifta, deband, jellen and zalure when needed (which is IMMEDIETELY as far as I'm concerned), who can avoid taking hits the most, etc. Not that I'm the Gr3aT1st F0 EV4R or anything, but damn, it really doesn't take THAT much skill to play a FO well.
Guess I'm going offtopic though. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

And HUnewearls are okay, but they're no replacement for a good FO.

Far as reverser goes, hell, I use more moons than I do reverser for the simple reason that reverser is hella slow. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif

Pengin
Mar 11, 2003, 12:03 AM
I'm a RA but I still get mad when someone starts yelling at a FO for shifta and deband, usually if it gets to annoying I cast it myself. Oh and I forgot to say something.

Were not FOs stop taking all the ****ing rares!

raiden999
Mar 11, 2003, 03:55 AM
it's really nice when people ask a force for s/d/j/z when there's someone else nearby. given the force has a higher tech level, it really doesn't make that much of a difference after lvl 20, unless you a muscle gloated HUcast who wants to kill everything in 1 hit http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Mystil
Mar 11, 2003, 04:27 AM
2Xtreme just gave me a nice idea with his post. Anyhow, I like playing with Forces, for their supportive values, if in the same room, I will rely on their support. If not, then I will rely on my own techs. If they are too far to cast SD, I will usually cast it.

Occasionally, I meet some that will do the "You cast Jellen and Zalure, and I'll cast Shifta Deband". Pretty nifty teamwork.

Sarahsuke
Mar 15, 2003, 10:28 AM
Hehe, I have two Force characters, but my HUnewearl is the best in terms of usefulness, in my opinion.

Strider_Gren
Mar 15, 2003, 10:49 PM
I respect the FO. I just usually run off without saying thanks. That will change once I get a Powerboard.

Mystil
Mar 17, 2003, 01:09 PM
Now that I possess the power of a FO in my hand. I can say, that I don't care if they thank me or not. It's my 'job' to make sure their strong enough, healthy enough for each level. It's my job to bring them back from the dead.

Their job is to make sure, I'm alive to continue doing MY JOB. See the mutualness in this people? But I'm a bit different...

However, if you piss me off. I'll let your carcass stay right there.

Elusive_Llama
Mar 28, 2003, 02:49 PM
I feel that it is a FO's responsibility to keep the team pulsating with S/D, healthy with resta/anti, and to drop at least a Jellen on monsters. Everything else is secondary. Expressed gratitude is nice, but not necessary. Doesn't mean I don't want it though. Courtesy and politeness are technically unnecessary too, but people still do it anyway.

I make a bind that says 'SD hug everyone". I am now dispensing SD, and if you ignore my generous offer and run ahead like the newb HUcast you are, you won't get it. I ain't casting twice.

That said, my Fonewearl is nobody's bitch. Demanding S/D in a rude way, like "wtf SD me!" is the worst thing you could say to a FO, especially mine.

Have fun with that pack of ultimate delsabers without the benefit of my high level spells. I'll be sure to res you so you can go and die again http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

High level FOrces have the most political clout in any game. They're the ones most likely NOT to be voted off the island, heh.

LordCronai
Mar 30, 2003, 06:53 PM
Person 1: Why don't Forces get enough respect? Without us, your attacks would be only half as good and you'd die twice as fast! We resta and revive you! Without us, you are nothing!

Person 2: I hate people who don't give enough respect to Hunters! Sure, Forces can support us, but think about it-without us, there would be no human/android shield to save your weak asses! You'd die 10 times quicker, plus without us attacking it would take twice as long to kill enemies! Without us, you are nothing!

Person 3: I hate people who don't respect us Rangers! Sure, we don't have to risk our lives as much in battle, but that doesn't make us useless! We use powerful guns to pack some major damage into the fight, as well as keep the enemies busy so you can take them from the back! Without us, you are nothing!
---
So it is my firm belief that Forces shouldn't get ANY more respect than anyone else. Just because they can cast four fucking spells to support us doesn't mean they are to be worshipped as gods.

Edit: Oh, I think I'll add a point. I do believe that people who abuse Forces because they aren't constantly saving their asses should be shot. Forces aren't your fucking slaves. Saying please or thank you isn't extra respect, its just being polite.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LordCronai on 2003-03-30 15:57 ]</font>

Raxxon_Ironis
Jul 18, 2003, 06:36 PM
Damn straight!! Forces have the ability to do the most damage with a single attack in the entire game. Also, no one reaches their full potential without Shifta/Deband or Jellen/Zalure...

Captain_Bob
Jul 18, 2003, 11:21 PM
I got my ramar almost at the end of the game on normal without using shifta/deband. I dont care how many people say s/d/j/z helps, but i see it as a waste of TP, better spent on foie/zonde/barta.

Oh, and that's all offline.

_J
Jul 20, 2003, 11:05 AM
Person 1: Why don't Forces get enough respect? Without us, your attacks would be only half as good and you'd die twice as fast! We resta and revive you! Without us, you are nothing!

Person 2: I hate people who don't give enough respect to Hunters! Sure, Forces can support us, but think about it-without us, there would be no human/android shield to save your weak asses! You'd die 10 times quicker, plus without us attacking it would take twice as long to kill enemies! Without us, you are nothing!

Person 3: I hate people who don't respect us Rangers! Sure, we don't have to risk our lives as much in battle, but that doesn't make us useless! We use powerful guns to pack some major damage into the fight, as well as keep the enemies busy so you can take them from the back! Without us, you are nothing!
---
So it is my firm belief that Forces shouldn't get ANY more respect than anyone else. Just because they can cast four fucking spells to support us doesn't mean they are to be worshipped as gods.

Edit: Oh, I think I'll add a point. I do believe that people who abuse Forces because they aren't constantly saving their asses should be shot. Forces aren't your fucking slaves. Saying please or thank you isn't extra respect, its just being polite.

"LordCoroni" has hit the nail on the head here. It's all about balence. A team of pure FO would be weak, a team of pure RA would be weak and a team of pure HU would be weak. The whole idea of PSO is teamwork (the clue is the "online" part in the name, as in online with other people), so every character has their strengths and their weaknesses. As for politeness, well that depends on the person...

Some people might just up and leave if they don't like the players, some people will just not care and get on and some people will argue. The fact of the matter is, you will always have some people being rude, some people being polite and some people lying somewhere in the middle. Again, it's that B- word, balence.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: _J on 2003-07-20 09:07 ]</font>