PDA

View Full Version : A question about protranser

CromartieDude
Dec 30, 2009, 02:33 AM
Well, i've always been fighmaster so i know nothing about protranser or what they use on they're pallete, so if someone could be so kind a to tell me what would be the best protranser setup that be great, thanks.

Hrith
Dec 30, 2009, 09:39 AM
Protranser is mainly a gunning class, so if you don't have Lv40 bullets, it's meh.

Best setup is female cast with Lv40 bullets in all elements for shotgun, laser and bow, and Boma Duranga for the grenades. Then you'll need some melee options, knuckles and spears do an amazing job.

Of course, use EX traps, especially Freeze ones, a lot.

PT is not much of a solo class, though, unlike Fighmaster or Gunmaster.

darthplagis
Dec 30, 2009, 10:41 AM
i agree with Hrith, i have played protranser since they only had A ranks and no EX traps :) till recently when i killed off my protranser to make a new techer :P

the grenade launcher should be one of those weapons that you use alot more than you think you will, it is best used not with the suicide PA but the freeze PA (either the pa frag one or ice they both freeze but the pa frag one is guarenteed freeze on limited numbers) but remember to get as many bullets as you can handle for it, dark (virus) and ice and fire should be your main staple with it.

laser cannons got a real boost not too long back and now they are truly amazing get as many bullets as you can and level them all. one of your main damage weapons

shotguns are your main weapon most of the time high damage and multi targets, get a nice cheap A rank and level those bullets up to 21 ASAP (a van or madam brella will be great) then switch to your baret or pakuda or SN if you have one. the levels will climb quickly just from killing after 21.

Bows are one of those hidden gems that get lost in the mix. high damage when leveled and they cut through the enemies natural defenses so most enemies will take the same level of damage (bullet resist means nothing with a bow :)) i only ever used dark and light on the bow (long range virus for jarba and such like and sniping confusion for casters so you wont get hit with their magic)

the mele weapons are just there to get you out of trouble TBH

swords only really need tornado break, knuckles are good but still meh, axes are good for jabroga...... but you have a grenade launcher for dragons and such so its a little meh also. spears are great for damage and all PA's are nice :)

you will be to solo but it is really a party class. cant attack while trapping :(

casts are best as a protranser but human is also great yet lacks greatly the SUV, but you level bullets quicker as a human.

CromartieDude
Dec 30, 2009, 03:02 PM
Thank you Hrith and darthplagis, you were both really helpful. Thanks to your advice, i think i know what i should use now, thanks again!

SuperRygar
Dec 30, 2009, 05:03 PM
i am a beast and i use protranser a lot. i never use grenades or bows(not because they aren't useful). i use shotguns and melee weapons and traps. i like the choice of S ranks Sword,Axe,Spear all heavy dmg dealers, shotguns for tagging/freezing, and i just carry a bow but not in my palette incase a certain boss needs long range attack.

i wouldnt limit protranser to just a ranger class. but yeah, its not strong when compared to other classes but it gives a good choice of weapons that no other class offers

stinkyfish97
Dec 30, 2009, 07:22 PM
Im going to have to disagree with a great many people. I still play PT and although I am far from maxed out, most of my pa's are. All my shotties, all the striking pas the class can use in all catagories, and bows are all maxed for this class. Currently I am working on pistols.

Heres the thing, PT has terrible acc. so it really hurts using laser cannons so unless you plan to switch over to GM or already have them lvld than I would stay clear of them simply because of acc. Bows well I would say yeah they are good except for a single pistol will outdamage them in most cases and lvl 40 pistol shots have lvl 3 s.e.'s.

As far as I am concerned and how I play this class:

For guns, shotties will be your primary weapons, especially after laying traps. But pistols although boring do come in as a close second.

For striking PA's you have a lot of options, however I would stick with PA's that give good acc. as well as those PA's that can deal high damage to single targets.

Striking I like Knuckles for their acc. but like I said you do have quite a many options, and hell its fun to pull out an axe every once in a while. But really all you need is some nice single sabers and that pistol combo with maybe even 2 shotties on your pallete and youll be good.

As far as soloing, actually this class can solo quite fine, ive been doing it for a nearly two years, and no not two years I have had a PT, for two years that is all I have played, nearly 4000+ hours, and maybe it takes me an extra minute but I can keep up with the best of them. Sure certain missions will give you a pain, any missions with robots is a little tougher and youll wish you either had a rifle for KS or more ATP like a true fighting class, but once you begin maxing out you character and PA's really non of the missions in this game are very difficult.

As far as damage, as a beast 160 lvl 20 PT, I recently just started playing again after a two month break, Im dealing straight up 1100 per shot with lvl 40 shottie shots and lvl 2 buffs, thats pretty decent damage right there so it is possible to see the same damage as some of the other gunner classes, however if you switch over to using Cannons, you may still see the numbers but youll also be seeing quite a lot more zeros than you'd prefer to see, especially against high evade enemies such as deljabans I wouldnt even consider laser pa's as a PT on those guys.

biggabertha
Dec 30, 2009, 08:41 PM
Laser Cannons, Shotguns and Grenade Launchers work best for me as a Protranser. I haven't found the Longbow to be that useful unless it is Onmagoug or Dimmagolus but the Handgun I like using - mainly because it's the only strafing weapon available. It is flat out, better than the Longbow for first person damage if it is in range.

I haven't really found the Longsword to be too useful in parties - mainly because I don't feel it is my main priority to be dealing damage but to either pin things down or keep them still. So that's usually an EX trap, G trap, Laser Cannon or Grenade Launcher.

Knuckles are nice - but I've only really found a use for Bogga Zubba and Bogga Robado - seeing as I only really like the looks of Gudda Skela though... I am not so good or valuable with them.

Spear is useful - it's a nice fallback to go to Dus Majarra or Dus Daggas for quick damage - I use them when I am tired or face a bullet resistant enemy. Axes don't tend to be so useful to me but Anga Jabroga is lots of fun - I don't deal much with it but it's so fun to use.

Rising Strike is such a nice and lazy PA to use...

I'm a human male Protranser and I don't hit 1000 damage per bullet with my Shotgun, I think it's around 800 or so... Laser Cannon is definitely stronger than Shotgun though - I'm sure that was at least 1000 per shot. My Gunmaster can do 1400s and such..!

You do really need Lv. 40 bullets to help out though... but it'll be a fun class to play no matter what level your PAs are. EX traps can REALLY make you and your team lazy though.... heh...

darthplagis
Dec 31, 2009, 06:55 AM
the thing with beast protransers and any other gunner type for that matter, is the bad natural accuracy. thats why beast protransers do better with melee as the higher * melle weapons have high accuracy (kubara ones even more so).

melee overall does suffer on a protranser as you take quite a hit to ATP.

the thing with bows i mentioned, they are like i said great but tend to get lost in all of the other options you have. but status effect sniping they cant be beat (bows have highest SE rate, or used to). onmagouge and dimigolus are the main foci of your bow but magas magana (shoot his middle section or arm joints) and de rol li/falz (body sheild and flying bomb sniping) take nice damage with it :)

my old protranser was a human and for all i did less overall damage he was a great asset to the groups that i ran in, but if we needed more damage it was just a quick switch to forte fighter and we were off (this was obviously pre master class).

also the key to playing protranser with melee, learn what effects your PA's have. like rising strike turns over kog nad and others of that shape, while it knocks back smaller enemies.

Gibdozer
Dec 31, 2009, 11:40 AM
Well I play cast PT and my palette is split half and half melee/guns. Knuckles and shotguns are my favorite PT weapons, my palette also contains a laser cannon and spear at all times. I usually carry a sword and bow(at least) in my inventory as well.

Being a cast I don't have accuracy issues with PT, and while It won't out damage pure fighter/gunner classes it's awfully fun to use. Protranser is so versatile that there isn't a right or wrong way to play it!

sikotic_demon
Jan 3, 2010, 02:44 AM
Most of the time i would agree with you about there is no wrong way to play Protranser Gibdozer.... However i think i have finally seen a horriably wrong way to play it.... I ran into a guy a while back who was a beast protranser using only freeze ex traps 3 neutral longswords with gravity break maxed and 3 axes with jabroga maxed.... not the brightest bulb there... My main has been a protranser since firebreak ended and as a human male at 161 he holds his own soloing. i think the trick to this class is playing it in a manner that better fits your play style... i lean twards the fighting side cause being a gunner is too boring to me... just mix and match your pallet and youll know when youve found the right setup...

NiceOnes
Jan 3, 2010, 04:01 AM
casts are best as a protranser but human is also great yet lacks greatly the SUV, but you level bullets quicker as a human.

This..... Since when do humans level bullets faster? I think you're mistaken.

stinkyfish97
Jan 3, 2010, 11:02 AM
If there is one downside to playing PT and it has always been somewhat of a problem it is aquiring really good s-rank armors. Most of the s-rank armors PT cannot use, serafi-senba is probably the best we will get to use for quite a while until they come out with red lines and rabol orachio boards. Sure rabol orachio is out and is decent armor but at this point it is not the best because the highest percents are 30 and how many of those do you see? I feel armor is kinda important to this class because although our health is pretty good the rest of the stats are not so good and we more than most classes require some decent armors, like 30 or above. But then again the best defense is a good offense, if you amass some really good weapons like I have, stuff will be long dead before you even take damage.

darthplagis
Jan 3, 2010, 11:17 AM
This..... Since when do humans level bullets faster? I think you're mistaken.

since day 1!!!!

Hrith
Jan 3, 2010, 07:06 PM
the Handgun I like using - mainly because it's the only strafing weapon available. It is flat out, better than the Longbow for first person damage if it is in range.Not if you factor in ATA, and if you're using a Nasuyoteric, like I am.

Also, after the supplemental update (lol), bows are faster and even more powerful.

Retri
Jan 4, 2010, 01:20 PM
I play as a F Human PT currently 160, I've just lasers and Ikk Hick to finish and I've maxed every PA a PT can use.

Barada Maga is well worth getting as the debuff helps you a lot with with low ata when leveling bullets and melee skills, it's also very useful for anything with high EVA. Give it a quick blast, it almost always hits and when it hits it seems to be 100% chance to SE, then use whatever skill/bullet you like.

I normally have 2x shotgun, spear, sword, axe, laser canon, knuckles, grenade and bow in in my inventory/palette, and take those along to most missions (correct element/s), the beauty of a PT is that you have the tools to deal with most missions efficiently.

Go for the best weapons you can afford, acc and atp are what you need most and remember as with most weapon a 10/10 previous rank weapon is better than a 6/6 later rank and usually a hell of a lot cheaper.

Having high level PA's is important because you need the acc and dmg modifiers.

One of my favorite weapons at the moment and I'd recommend this to any PT to check out, is Gudda Igga, although lightning only and no board yet, that shock SE goes off loads when using Bogga Robardo and Bogga Zubba, and makes Delsabans and other hard hitting mobs pansies even though you're off element. Also it's the best melee option with Bogga Danga/Zubba I've found for robots so far.

I've recently been experimenting with Rabol Orachio's and these are fantastic PT armors, I have half a set at 28% so far and can't wait for the board, in fact I'm using these over higher % Serafi's as the evasion kicks in more and the overall stats are better.

stinkyfish97
Jan 4, 2010, 02:43 PM
Yeah Ive been really trying to get a high grinded 33% Igga. I went beast cause knuckles are my obvious favorite and all those FF that went FM traded there Hons in for a set of double sabers. So the market is saturated with high grinded really good percent Hons. When I played Human PT I was stuck trying to find Iggac's the acc on Iggacs is really good its like 700 or something. I agree Orachio is better but I like it for one reason over serafi-senba and that is the awesome block animation, nothing beats that block animation deffinetly sweet looking.

One more note if you dont use it already put F1 on your hot keys as /items this will allow you to just click the d-pad over and it will pull you right into the weapons menu, once you get used to it it makes swaping things or even using items much simplier I can keep up with groups much better this way. As PT as I am sure you all are aware you dont have much space for extra items such as buff items on your item pallete.

My Item pallete looks like this:
trimate
sol atomizer
freeze trap ex
burn trap ex
stun trap ex
star atomizer

Megistride just doesnt fit for me so I pull up my menu by using /items and there you have it easy access to megistride. You can also do /map and I believe maybe a couple other ones. Im not saying its much quicker than clicking start but it does eliminate 3 steps start over a now it just becomes d-pad over once and your in your weapons inventory. :-)

Anyways good luck I am always looking for constructive critisism or advice on how to play my class better.

Here is just a little more advice:
Not everything needs to be trapped remember traps slow down the frame rate and although you think its good to trap every mob it gets annoying. Work on lvling up your PA's and youll find the true versitility of this class is you can play however you want. If you want to be a good player look at the needs of the party if there is no techer take on the role of one, how do you do this? well those ex traps are decent support when your team is in trouble lay one down and throw them a heal with a star, if they are frozen ex then sol then star. Its not to hard to be a good player. If the team is all FM take on the role of the gunner of the group. If your in a group of all gunners maybe be the tank? Yeah PT do have the health to even pull that off. I myself have over 4100 as male beast and im lvl 157. Basically all im saying is make this game fun not boring. Laying traps is fun but knowing when to use them is what makes you a PT. Trapping every mob and having low level PA isnt what this class is truely about. Traps are a nice addition to the arsenal that is PT but being able to combine grenades, shotguns, cannons, and axes you know the real heavy equiptment makes this class versitile and quite the boss killer, thats how Ive always thought of PT, just wait till the boss especially if your a dragon, truly PT have all the means to take down even the toughest bosses. Some say its hard to solo as a PT, all I can say is your not playing the class right because I have absolutly no trouble soloing missions, most of the time I still have 20-30 ex traps left. Also PT as your main character gives you a lot to strive for. You have to find the right guns and the right melee weapons that fit you and thats not always easy to do. I find it really fun trying to hunt down all of my PT needs, I need a new sword, a new knuckle, no a new grenade launcher. My point is playing PT is fun especially trying to hunt down all the awesome weapons they get to use.

Kazuma-kun2
Jan 8, 2010, 02:09 PM
is protranser another version of a acro class but for guns

darthplagis
Jan 8, 2010, 05:47 PM
no its not, its one of the non AOTI classes.

they are trap masters. kind of like a hunter in WOW without the pet

stinkyfish97
Jan 8, 2010, 06:58 PM
Us PT make missions feel too easy. lol. Seriously though Ive had people leave and get pissed because mobs were dying to fast for them, they didnt feel useful because the enemies stood still and my FM buddy just jabroga'd the mobs I was trappin.

roardova lengths
Jan 10, 2010, 12:36 PM
When I run as a PT, I usually carry around a Bow, Axe, Sword, Spear, Knuckles & Shotgun. I can solo any mission on the game reasonably as a PT. But more so as a GT versus anything else. Ex Traps are a must, but make sure you have all Shotgun bullets, they will be the most strategic for many hordes to come as a PT. I don't mess Grenade Launchers at all, so take pointers from other players...