PDA

View Full Version : Supplemental update and free play. wtf?

Zimbabwe
Dec 31, 2009, 03:53 AM
Ok, so I don't play PSU anymore. It's been months. Maybe even a year.
I usually disregard dumb PSU propaganda I would hear from someone playing the demo or real game on Xbox. Ridiculous things like a new feature that sounds way to good to be true or out of whack to be put in PSU through a simple update. Or just the downright stupid things like PSU will be free.
My apparently ill-informed friend on Xbox Live keeps mailing me telling me that when the supplemental update comes to US/EURO PSU (Like that's even gonna happen), that the Xbox 360 version will become free to play online for Gold Members.
Now I know a free to play option is being thought about for the Japanese PSU for their next supplemental update. But that's just soooo far away, especially for you guys since you're like 13 months behind Japan now.

I haven't really been keeping up with most the PSU news because it's not like I play it anymore, but this whole free to play thing apparently coming soon to US/Euro PSU, it's all Bullcrap, right?

I just wanna confirm this so I can tell my friend to shut the hell up already.

Volcompat321
Dec 31, 2009, 04:06 AM
That's just a rumor, and a bad one.
The "free" part will be heavily restricted.
It will not be free for Gold members, or any other type of member.

ashley50
Dec 31, 2009, 04:29 AM
360 rumors never cease to amuse me ;]

Danny_Dark
Jan 2, 2010, 12:24 PM
Free To Play ?..., Hahaha..., That's A Good One...

TwistedDragon
Jan 2, 2010, 03:35 PM
Even if they were to release it by that time the game will have ghost servers.

novajones
Jan 3, 2010, 05:16 PM
kinda wrong said only for pc and playstation not sure why xbox isnt getting this probbly becuse of microsoft all i know if its a free play it might be like the xbox only do small ammount of stuff to do then probbly char get deleted

Volcompat321
Jan 3, 2010, 05:27 PM
What are you talking about novajones?
:o

Ps2 are the ones that don't get the stuff due to the lack of hard drives.
(They do have a HDD, but it's not required to have, like the PC and 360).

novajones
Jan 3, 2010, 05:33 PM
AOTI supplemental update (「イルミナスの野望」追加アップデート) refers to a massive content update which is scheduled to be released on the Japanese PC/PS2 servers during the spring of 2009. This update will be released as a free-to-download patch to all players. While the target platform of this update is the PC, PS2 users will not be left out completely, as certain aspects of this update will be available to them, too. Players can expect to see many new weapons and clothes added with this update as well as various system balance adjustments made across the board. but probleam might be they wont get to see the new clothes or new weapone graphics

Freeze
Jan 3, 2010, 06:11 PM
The key word in your statement is Japanese. The xbox servers will get the update when the NA pc/ps2 servers get the update, when ever that will be.

Professor Xavier
Jan 3, 2010, 06:37 PM
I have read the translated google jap site sup update thing. They talk about what I think is a merger with their demo version with the main servers. So demo people will be able to access 5 universes and will still be restricted and level capped. They will not be able to play with pay for play players. It will be very restrictive just like the demo.

Could this free play rumor be confused with the demo server mergers?

novajones
Jan 3, 2010, 06:49 PM
so basically saying demo psu will be a similer to pc demo allso like free style mm hope didnt this messed up

neilp4453
Jan 3, 2010, 08:17 PM
http://psupedia.info/AOTI_supplemental_update

Look at the community course feature. This is what I read a few months ago....not sure what else it entails.

But it is pretty restricted....might be okay for the very casual gamer...I mean VERY casual.

Professor Xavier
Jan 3, 2010, 09:36 PM
I didnt really understand the translation I read. The term lost in translation comes to mind. But thats where the rumors and confusion over free play comes. Free restricted play being the important part. Level capped nerfed and weak free play. Free play would probably translate better to be Demo.

neilp4453
Jan 4, 2010, 01:23 AM
I didnt really understand the translation I read. The term lost in translation comes to mind. But thats where the rumors and confusion over free play comes. Free restricted play being the important part. Level capped nerfed and weak free play. Free play would probably translate better to be Demo.

Yea...it just takes a couple of idiots to pass on information without giving out the full details or changing it and you end up with people like the OP (no offense to you OP).

I couldn't handle all those restrictions...but it is def. nice to be able to maintain your character if you plan on taking a long break. Hopefully you are able to maintain your shop in the restricted version.

This way...I never have to quit PSU per se.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jan 5, 2010, 07:34 PM
So that you can hear how great the current event is from people who can actually play, and reactivate.

xBULLYDOGG
Jan 9, 2010, 08:16 AM
360 rumors never cease to amuse me ;]

Come join our servers then, we get fresh batches everyday :)

xjustsumloser
Jan 10, 2010, 07:41 AM
As someone who plays on the Japanese PC servers, the restrictions SUCK. I'm stuck to Universes 14 - 16, and no one is on there. ;o; Although I can log on for free, if there's no one to play with, what's the point? =/

Care to explain in detail what the restrictions are?

roardova lengths
Jan 10, 2010, 12:45 PM
...i'm playing for free right now...