PDA

View Full Version : Considering this...

Wintermute0
Dec 31, 2009, 05:20 PM
I played this game when I had an Xbox360 and really enjoyed it. I don't understand why people bash it, but that's besides the point and not really what this thread's about.

I'm also a member of another PS forum and I heard on there that the online PSU community is dying/is pretty much dead, is this true? Because I want to play this game on my PC online.

Alamar
Dec 31, 2009, 05:46 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172886

This thread right below yours will answer all your questions. happy reading :)

Midori Oku
Dec 31, 2009, 05:49 PM
the PC/PS2 US/EU server has a very low population but there are people that still play but if you want to be able to always find a party i would go back to the 360

SuperRygar
Dec 31, 2009, 06:20 PM
haha Alamar, that's not happy reading. its depressing >.>

it is true. the population has hit rock bottom. however if you find the right people and make friends, you'l have always someone to play with. every few months i come back and play every single night and would do any mission. there are others like me so the game will never die, until they close the servers of course

Wintermute0
Dec 31, 2009, 06:21 PM
haha Alamar, that's not happy reading. its depressing >.>

it is true. the population has hit rock bottom. however if you find the right people and make friends, you'l have always someone to play with. every few months i come back and play every single night and would do any mission. there are others like me so the game will never die, until they close the servers of course

Have any predictions?

I just want to be able to play with other people, and I don't have a 360 anymore.

I remember it being a very enjoyable game, and I enjoy playing games on the PC better than playing them on a console.

Max B
Dec 31, 2009, 06:25 PM
ok I would say if you like playing by yourself go for PC
If you like playing with people go xbox 360

Wintermute0
Dec 31, 2009, 06:36 PM
ok I would say if you like playing by yourself go for PC
If you like playing with people go xbox 360

Is it seriously that bad?

SuperRygar
Dec 31, 2009, 06:42 PM
predictions about the servers being shut down? no, honestly i dont like to think about it

i will never fully quit psu. whenever i come back for a month or two i always seem to find a friend that is on as much as me and we have good times. full party of 6 is over-rated. i find them no fun at all. there's just too much offense, you run into a room start attacking a monster and by the time your done your PA the room is cleared and your playing catch-up with the rest of the group. that's what its like in events. i find that a party of 2-4 people makes this game a hell of a lot more challenging and rewarding and enjoyable. so i would say, just play online, if you like the game dont listen to what other people say about staying away from PC/PS2 server. always play on UNI2, its the most active. and just look for other people to join, and send your card to anyone you meet. eventually you will find a friend or two that you will spend the majority of your time with. that's all it takes to enjoy the game. good luck!

*dont let anyone make up your mind, play it for 1 month and see for yourself. on PC its easy and cheap(free) to download the game and its only 10$ to try. what do you have to lose? even if you do end up playing by yourself most of the time, you'l get 10$ worth of entertainment. but trust me, there are people out there you just have to find them. go to white beast, that is the most commonly run mission, make friends there and then ask them to do other missions. people do white beast because its the only place to find a party, not because its the only mission they ever want to do

Max B
Dec 31, 2009, 06:45 PM
Is it seriously that bad?
Yes, it is ....

SuKKrl
Dec 31, 2009, 08:48 PM
What SuperRygar posted is perfect. You have to have a bit of luck and patience to find people to play with, but it is far from impossible.

Max B
Dec 31, 2009, 09:35 PM
What SuperRygar posted is perfect. You have to have a bit of luck and patience to find people to play with, but it is far from impossible.

Yes, but on the 360 you don't even have to try to find someone to play with