PDA

View Full Version : GM which PAs?

Professor Xavier
Jan 4, 2010, 06:46 PM
Ive never done a true cast until now. If I were to level PAs to 50 which ones should I start with? I can get any ultimite PA I want. My focus is PAs that are useful everywhere. Like status effect and burning etc.

Best Shotgun

Best Grenade

Best Cannon

Best Rifle

Max B
Jan 4, 2010, 07:09 PM
All pa's duh :)

KisameHoshigaki/C
Jan 4, 2010, 07:29 PM
All pa's duh :)

THIS....Duh:-?

GreenArcher
Jan 4, 2010, 07:39 PM
Well for starters a Gunmaster's weaponry is Rifles, Shotguns, Laser Cannons, and Twin Handguns. No Grenades.

What you need is:
All 8 Rifle bullets
All 6 elemental Shotgun bullets
All 6 elemental Laser Cannon bullets, and Mayalee Prism

My advice:
Play fortegunner instead, Gunmaster is so boring.

Smidge204
Jan 4, 2010, 07:50 PM
Gunmasters can't use Grenades so might as well chuck those out...

Needless to say, all elementals should take priority. I leveled Burning Shot (rifle) first, since a great many things will catch fire and Burn status does good, quick damage. Killer Shot is also very nice once you get it leveled so the accuracy improves.

The PA frag bullets are pretty much all useless except for Killer Shot and Twin Penetrate, which is actually pretty nice and very underrated IMHO.

Behold!

http://www.smidgeindustriesltd.com/derp/all_skillz_ani.gif

=Smidge=

Professor Xavier
Jan 4, 2010, 08:13 PM
This is all good advice. I can level my character hella fast. But my main concern is if there is an event. Which PAs are most useful there? I can level all PAs But I will be level 170 before they all become 50. I just want to be useful if there is another MAG event.

Smidge204
Jan 4, 2010, 08:33 PM
MAG+ is the same as the original MAG, which includes enemies of all elements except fire... so I guess you can leave the ice element bullets off the list?

If you had to whittle it down, fire and light for MAG+. With rifles just get them to 31+ so you get knockdown, and with shotguns get them to 21+ for you get five bullets per shot. Twins and Lasers don't get anything special at higher levels (just better ATA/ATP/Element % like any other PA)

Twin Penetration is also worth leveling, since it's great for tight mobs like the crowds of Deljaban at the end of the last block (who throw Megid, so dodging is important...)

So yeah... in summary, for the MAG+ event (in order of priority):

1) All elemental rifle PAs (except ice) to 31+
2) All elemental shotgun PAs (except ice) to 21+
3) Twin Penetration as high as you can get it (At least 40 for 100% ATP)
4) Lasers as much as you have time for

Of course, if you're a masochist, use nothing but Barada Chamga. I dare you.
=Smidge=

Professor Xavier
Jan 4, 2010, 08:46 PM
I will get all PAs mentined especially Twin penetration. I will run a few solo Cs on current MAG mssions to critique the correct PAs. Thanks for all the advice. I just want to be able to hold my own and be useful in parties. I have enough stuff to pick up some good grinded weapons along the way.

Thanks again!!

neilp4453
Jan 4, 2010, 11:45 PM
I'd suggest going for level 21 shotguns first. This is the primary weapon of any gunner. Don't go out of your way to level these after that..just use them in the right situations. You will find shotguns are the easiest to level.

Next do rifles and lasers. These are a pain to level. Work on them before leveling up your shotguns. 31+ recommended for rifles. Lasers are great for mobs...level them up. I like lasers (their penetrating effect is great)...so it isn't too bad to level them up. If you use lasers in parties...it will take forever to level them.

Finish off shotguns after this.

Work on twin handguns dead last....your rifle is a SOLID substitute for your handgun PAs.

The only ultimate PA I recommend is killer shot...it is a good idea to level it up to 21..you never know when these robots might appear.