PDA

View Full Version : PSU EU/NA Update for January 8th, 2010

Max B
Jan 4, 2010, 10:51 PM
The Dark God: Rank S2

http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad27/Mkadkakrsd/darkgod001.pnghttp://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad27/Mkadkakrsd/darkgod002.png

Dark Falz has risen, and is feeding on a new source of A-Photons. Defeat this terror in his new, ultimate form, and uncover the true secret of Rykros! For Xbox 360 players, completing this mission rank provides the final achievement for the game -- prepare yourselves!

New Co-Op Mission: Temple of Traps
http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad27/Mkadkakrsd/darkgod004.pnghttp://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad27/Mkadkakrsd/darkgod003.png
A new Co-Op mission is now available from the GUARDIANS Branch on Neudaiz!

Enter a trap-filled, ancient temple in the Neudaiz jungle, in search of data discs for this unique mission. Be careful -- not everything here is as it appears to be! Attention to detail and careful teammwork will be needed to make it through this mission alive.

Winter Lobbies
http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad27/Mkadkakrsd/darkgod005.pnghttp://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad27/Mkadkakrsd/darkgod006.png
The holidays may be over, but Winter lingers on -- celebrate the season with special snow-themed lobbies on Parum and the GUARDIANS Colony, available for a limited time!

Information quoted from official site

Noblewine
Jan 4, 2010, 11:00 PM
I can't wait, looks fun.

Hatrix
Jan 4, 2010, 11:03 PM
Nice maybe Falz will put up a fight on S2

Max B
Jan 4, 2010, 11:04 PM
I can't, looks fun.

Can't what lol?

desturel
Jan 4, 2010, 11:06 PM
Nice maybe Falz will put up a fight on S2

Hahaha, probably not. But Killer Elite prices will be nice and cheap for a few weeks until people are sick of playing this.

Xefi
Jan 4, 2010, 11:23 PM
this update makes me want to resub, but i'll wait for MAG+ still.

ashley50
Jan 4, 2010, 11:24 PM
laughable updates...

Freeze
Jan 5, 2010, 12:52 AM
At least it's something, not much, but something.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jan 5, 2010, 01:54 AM
Laughable update? Confirmed last achievement unlockable, [B] Killer Elite (Yay Elics!!), and a new best mission in the game to end White Beast (hopefully forever... at least for S2 players, as SEED Express people are starting to get bored of now too).

Anduril
Jan 5, 2010, 02:08 AM
-.- Great. Now just to wait for my XBox to get back...

LP_Phoenix
Jan 5, 2010, 04:36 AM
but explain me the temple of traps O.o now it starting to get weird with updates on our side
i thought psupedia shows us the order light japan got updates....why do we skip a risky comeback (http://psupedia.info/A_Risky_Comeback) and the challengers (http://psupedia.info/The_Challengers) ? okay, mag+ is missing, too, but i think thats missing cause of vacation and stuff like that.

thunder-ray
Jan 5, 2010, 05:01 AM
Interesting I look forward to playing this mission. *Goes to sleeping warriors S2 to lvl pas*

Neith
Jan 5, 2010, 06:40 AM
I must've totally missed Temple of Traps when it released on JP servers- I've never even heard of it :lol:

Dark God S2 is decent, and I can finally hunt Hizeri / Stamina and Killer Elite (well, Elic) again.

Anyway, not the best update (after a few weeks off, I expected a little more to be honest), but it'll do me fine for now.

Danny_Dark
Jan 5, 2010, 07:38 AM
For Me, It Is Not Worthy To Resubscribe And Come Back...

Arika
Jan 5, 2010, 08:13 AM
oh... an update... so it still exist :p

Midori Oku
Jan 5, 2010, 08:25 AM
I must've totally missed Temple of Traps when it released on JP servers- I've never even heard of it :lol:

Dark God S2 is decent, and I can finally hunt Hizeri / Stamina and Killer Elite (well, Elic) again.

Anyway, not the best update (after a few weeks off, I expected a little more to be honest), but it'll do me fine for now.

Yeah it was released for them with the lvl 180 cap during the Neudaiz GBR

fay
Jan 5, 2010, 10:05 AM
Yey my final achievement. I've waited so long for it. I can now quit happily :)
Well ill probably give these new levels a go first before I go anyway.

xBULLYDOGG
Jan 5, 2010, 10:54 AM
-prays that DG S2 will somehow over power white beast-

Overlord Zenon
Jan 5, 2010, 11:07 AM
my xbox is about to croak, lol sucks since my warrenty is up

stinkyfish97
Jan 5, 2010, 11:13 AM
It wont, be realistic people no-one is leaving white beast, lets face it the creatures there are all one elemnt except for the boss who switches between 2 elements, its a dragon boss that barely moves from one spot and everyone loves to kill dragons, they are easy and well its really not a bad mission just severly overplayed. Im waiting for the one time going into the boss fight for it to say, ALL OF THE ALTERZAHGOGS ARE DEAD EVEN THEIR BABIES CONGRATULATIONS, and then the boss boxes just apear and from there we keep running white beast.

desturel
Jan 5, 2010, 12:42 PM

Somehow I doubt that. The Falz and Fakis battles are harder than the Alterazgoug battle. Sure they aren't "hard", but you still have to deal with:
1) the first form of Falz which isn't fighmaster friendly.
2) The second form of Falz which has an instant kill attack.

Also take into account that Killer Elite is race restricted making it useful for all but four types of characters:
Male Cast Gunmaster
Male Cast Fortegunner
Female Cast Gunmaster
Female Cast Fortegunner

Meaning it will drop in value quickly the same was the Gudda Hon and Halarod did.

Other than Killer Elite and Hizeri / Stamina, there's nothing of interest for the general population in DGS2. Gudda Hon, Rikauteri, Cubo Tuma, Bulletdance, Frauduke, and Tesbra. Except for Tesbra, none of these weapons can be used by a master class and Tesbra is outdone by Bajura and Granahodora which can be obtained relatively easily from other missions.

Compare this to White Beast which has:
Yiel-senba
Hizeri / Mind
Serafi-senba

Armor is always good for general population. Plus Nasuyoteri in WB is better than Rikauteri from DGS2. Also while Okanoh and Mizurakihoh aren't the best FM/GM weapons around, they can at least by used by the two classes.

I can't see Dark God being more than a speed bump.

stinkyfish97
Jan 5, 2010, 12:58 PM
Yes but remember you can insert kubara wood making it a the killer elic I do not believe is race restricted. It may not have the same power but if you take a look at Variance on psupedia you will see it has the lowest of all rifles encluding the uber powerful unreleased rifles. I think its Variance is around 40 while the Elite is around 80 or so. Basically I am saying do not be so quick to judge. Also looking at the drop charts of the boss boxes it looks like Black Heart units as well as kireeks souls. Heres the link to psupedia for info on rifles: The other link is for Dark God from psupedia:

http://psupedia.info/Rifles
http://psupedia.info/The_Dark_God

i do agree however it will never be as popular as white beast is and after a week and a half the mission will have slightly more popularity as seed express.

unicorn
Jan 5, 2010, 01:05 PM
Also take into account that Killer Elite is race restricted making it useful for all but four types of characters:
Male Cast Gunmaster
Male Cast Fortegunner
Female Cast Gunmaster
Female Cast Fortegunner

I dont think it will drop in value, only because its the best rifle we'll have for a loong time and a lot of people actually play Gunmaster, and most players (like 95% of Gunmasters) are CAST.

Nayto the Fighmaster
Jan 5, 2010, 01:34 PM
Dark God S2 > White Beast S2. Period.

str898mustang
Jan 5, 2010, 01:58 PM
Somehow I doubt that. The Falz and Fakis battles are harder than the Alterazgoug battle. Sure they aren't "hard", but you still have to deal with:
1) the first form of Falz which isn't fighmaster friendly.
2) The second form of Falz which has an instant kill attack.

Male Cast Gunmaster
Male Cast Fortegunner
Female Cast Gunmaster
Female Cast Fortegunner

Meaning it will drop in value quickly the same was the Gudda Hon and Halarod did.

Other than Killer Elite and Hizeri / Stamina, there's nothing of interest for the general population in DGS2. Gudda Hon, Rikauteri, Cubo Tuma, Bulletdance, Frauduke, and Tesbra. Except for Tesbra, none of these weapons can be used by a master class and Tesbra is outdone by Bajura and Granahodora which can be obtained relatively easily from other missions.

Compare this to White Beast which has:
Yiel-senba
Hizeri / Mind
Serafi-senba

Armor is always good for general population. Plus Nasuyoteri in WB is better than Rikauteri from DGS2. Also while Okanoh and Mizurakihoh aren't the best FM/GM weapons around, they can at least by used by the two classes.

I can't see Dark God being more than a speed bump.

U forgot Red Line

Red Line > Serafi-senba

Midori Oku
Jan 5, 2010, 02:05 PM
U forgot Red Line

Red Line > Serafi-senba

not to mention that not only does it drop the [B] but it drops the armor already made as well ^^

Cheefoo
Jan 5, 2010, 02:26 PM
Sounds nice... Does anyone know if there are any new items that would be released?

Nayto the Fighmaster
Jan 5, 2010, 03:12 PM
Heh. Now we can finally see if those damned rumors are true about the red items. Not that I would care. I have a 45 Dark 7/10 Flowen just DYING to be used with that armor.

easy123
Jan 5, 2010, 03:49 PM
will Red Line drop

Nayto the Fighmaster
Jan 5, 2010, 03:50 PM
will Red Line drop

Actually now that I think about it.... I don't think so. Not on Dark God S2. not yet anyway... ?

Maybe Mag+?

I had checked the psupedia on the whole thing.

easy123
Jan 5, 2010, 03:56 PM
IT SAYS Red Line Dark Falz 150+

http://psupedia.info/Red_Line

http://psupedia.info/Program_DF%27

stinkyfish97
Jan 5, 2010, 03:57 PM
http://psupedia.info/Red_Line

If you look at the note it says it will be added in a future update. So i think what we might get is a nerfed drop. meaning they will release the killer elite board and the kireek soul but wont give us the red line just yet but I just cant say psupedia is pretty accurate but they wont put up anything unconfirmed. I dont think they predicted that the tiga de ragan, robol rolei would be added in at a later time from our last event but it was added. So I just cant say for certain I kinda have a terrible feeling they will delay the red line from dropping. :-(

NiceOnes
Jan 5, 2010, 03:58 PM
Actually now that I think about it.... I don't think so. Not on Dark God S2. not yet anyway... ?

Maybe Mag+?

I had checked the psupedia on the whole thing.

Who knows... Dark Falz is said to drop both the armor and the board however the DG S2 chart makes no mention..

Don't hold your breath. :)

desturel
Jan 5, 2010, 04:59 PM
U forgot Red Line

Red Line > Serafi-senba

Armas Line > Red Line > Serafi-senba

Max B
Jan 5, 2010, 05:55 PM

That will never happen to much megid lol

Max B
Jan 5, 2010, 05:57 PM
will Red Line drop

In my opinion I think it will be addded in a future update but thats just in my opinion.

LanCow13
Jan 5, 2010, 06:26 PM
Not enough to bring LanVanDam back I have elite already I will keep playing PSO

Midori Oku
Jan 5, 2010, 06:27 PM
In my opinion I think it will be addded in a future update but thats just in my opinion.

when we asked Edward on the official forums he confirmed that both the [B] and the armor already made will drop

Max B
Jan 5, 2010, 06:33 PM
when we asked Edward on the official forums he confirmed that both the [B] and the armor already made will drop

And you say Edward has never said stuff about the game and been wrong... newman lol:-P

LP_Phoenix
Jan 6, 2010, 04:54 AM
red line should drop, it should drop since gbr and if these doesnt drop, u know what happens on official forum, ed would be killed XD
"heh ed u said it drops...where is it?" and stuff like that...

so we gonna see if its dropping or not. but i dont think it would be a common drop. its a super rare, like armas line, or twin falcalws. i know some are lucky enough to get these stuff 10 times and others dont get 1 on 100 runs. but thats luck

Keilyn
Jan 6, 2010, 06:22 AM
I got a wild idea...

Why don't we wait for the blasted update first and then see for ourselves?

Danny_Dark
Jan 6, 2010, 08:07 AM
Not enough to bring LanVanDam back I have elite already I will keep playing PSO

My Opinion As Well...

DragonStriker
Jan 6, 2010, 08:52 AM
And you say Edward has never said stuff about the game and been wrong... newman lol:-P

Assuming everything Edward says is wrong is pointless, expecially since you posted about it. You are basically saying "I don't believe anyone but can someone confirm this?". Just take Edward's word for what it is and believe him or not but posting about Edward being wrong previous times won't get anyone anywhere. As much as it sucks to say Edward is as close to a source as we have in regards to NA/EURO content information, yes he's wrong a lot but he's all we got. And saying you don't believe something just because he said so is pointless.

Keilyn
Jan 6, 2010, 09:02 AM
As much as it sucks to say Edward is as close to a source as we have in regards to NA/EURO content information, yes he's wrong a lot but he's all we got. And saying you don't believe something just because he said so is pointless.

Just as it's equally pointless to believe in Ad'Populum responses . ^_^

DragonStriker
Jan 6, 2010, 12:25 PM
Just as it's equally pointless to believe in Ad'Populum responses . ^_^

I'm stunned by your stupidity.

kojikatsuya
Jan 6, 2010, 12:50 PM
I'm not an avid achievement collector like most people on Live, but this would be the first game I would have all achievements unlocked. Totally looking forward to this~

Nayto the Fighmaster
Jan 6, 2010, 02:10 PM
I'm stunned by your stupidity.

Hey, hey. Let's not start any useless flaming.

Max B
Jan 6, 2010, 04:52 PM
Assuming everything Edward says is wrong is pointless, expecially since you posted about it. You are basically saying "I don't believe anyone but can someone confirm this?". Just take Edward's word for what it is and believe him or not but posting about Edward being wrong previous times won't get anyone anywhere. As much as it sucks to say Edward is as close to a source as we have in regards to NA/EURO content information, yes he's wrong a lot but he's all we got. And saying you don't believe something just because he said so is pointless.

I don't like disapointment. That should explain it all.

Nayto the Fighmaster
Jan 7, 2010, 02:23 AM
Well guys the way I see it is this; Dark Falz with a new form. New Form usually means New drops, right? a 150 Worm thingy Dark Falz already dropped an Elite but that was during an event. HOPEFULLY with this new form they'll drop the bloody Red Line, made and board and all.

FUDGEHOY
Jan 7, 2010, 06:36 AM
I don't like disapointment. That should explain it all.No offense, but if you don't like disappointment then PSU is not the game for you.

Nayto the Fighmaster
Jan 7, 2010, 07:22 AM
And while we're on the subject.... Armas Line > Red Line? Lies. All it has on the Line is only 4 endurance and one point more in defense> The Red Line is more superior with Eva and Mental, gives other bonuses to att, Tech, and acc. AND has a Set bonus wih the Flowen's Sword+ and other stuff that's atm rumors and such? Yeah... Red Line > Armas Line. Not to mention harder to make.

desturel
Jan 7, 2010, 07:46 AM
And while we're on the subject.... Armas Line > Red Line? Lies. All it has on the Line is only 4 endurance and one point more in defense> The Red Line is more superior with Eva and Mental, gives other bonuses to att, Tech, and acc.

+4 Endurance
+50 att
+25 acc
+50 tech

vs

+50 att
+50 acc
+50 tech

I'll take the 25 less acc for the +4 end that brings me over 21 end as a master class.

and other stuff that's atm rumors and such? Yeah... Red Line > Armas Line. Not to mention harder to make.

Are you saying the Armas Line is harder to make than the Red Line? Or are you saying that it has to be better because it requires more things to make it? The way you worded your statement isn't very clear.

Red Line requirements
20 photon
35 Nanopolymer
15 Neptuline
4 Dulk Fakis Cor
5 Titania
1 Black Heart
1 Nosmegid (aka 75 PA frags)

Armas Line requirements:
20 photon
35 Nanopolymer
15 Neptuline

That plus in order to get the full potential out of Red Line you also need to add:
Red Force
Red Knight
Red Wall
Red Stamina

AND has a Set bonus wih the Flowen's Sword+

Flowen's Sword+ is quite limited in it's usage. Protranser, Fortefighter, Fighmaster. Since Protransers are already limited to using Red Line, they automatically will choose that. Fortefighters and Fighmasters won't want the extra evasion the Red Line provides 500eva vs. 320 is an easy choice unless you like blocking and wasting PP. The extra 25 accuracy isn't much help either since I see fighmasters using LKK and LPC over RK.

Also, be honest with me, how often do you use your swords? Tornado Break, Gravity Break, and Spinning Break.

Neith
Jan 7, 2010, 07:47 AM
And while we're on the subject.... Armas Line > Red Line? Lies. All it has on the Line is only 4 endurance and one point more in defense> The Red Line is more superior with Eva and Mental, gives other bonuses to att, Tech, and acc. AND has a Set bonus wih the Flowen's Sword+ and other stuff that's atm rumors and such? Yeah... Red Line > Armas Line. Not to mention harder to make.

Bolded is the reason Armas still wins for most elements. Particularly on Master Classes, the extra 4 STA boost is more useful than any amount of evade/MST. That and barely anyone uses Swords so the boost is meaningless for the most part. I do use Swords (and a Flowen's+), but I'd still take Armas over Red Line unless it was for an element I don't need STA boost for, like Light (as a Sleep / Resist covers you fine).

The STA boost will help against a lot more than the slightly inflated stats of Red Line will.

Nayto the Fighmaster
Jan 7, 2010, 11:01 AM
I'll admit to saying that Armas has a lower success rate in terms of making it, but what makes the Red Line imho harder is the blasted Flowen's Soul. Besides, I use Red Stamina, and I'm fine, no death by Megid yet. (Even still I have a Vijeri Resist, so no big.)

And I use Swords quite a bit, Spinning Break and Tornado have always been PAs I like, and I use Gravity against those larger than normal monsters and bosses. On the off-hand that the swords don't cut it; there's ALWAYS Jabroken. It's a little

But of course, This is my opinion, and everyone's entitled to their own. I'm by no means an elitist.

Me, holding all of the Red items and a very high quality Flowen's Sword + Will want to try out these combinations, and if I am satisfied with Said boost, then I'm sticking with it. I'm a human afterall, My beast has the Lpc, and my Cast the Lkk. Might as well use the Red set.

And of course this might not even matter if we don't even get the drops.

In the end it'll all come down to if the Red Line combo is even worth putting together. Why don't we wait then? Well it'll matter to the sword users, anyway.

stinkyfish97
Jan 7, 2010, 12:13 PM
Ill I know for me as a PT decent percents will be almost impossible to come by but if you dio get good percents itll be best armor we can where for a long while, till they come out with Orachio boards and such. 4 slot armor is always a win in my book.

DragonStriker
Jan 7, 2010, 01:08 PM
I'll admit to saying that Armas has a lower success rate in terms of making it, but what makes the Red Line imho harder is the blasted Flowen's Soul. Besides, I use Red Stamina, and I'm fine, no death by Megid yet. (Even still I have a Vijeri Resist, so no big.)

And I use Swords quite a bit, Spinning Break and Tornado have always been PAs I like, and I use Gravity against those larger than normal monsters and bosses. On the off-hand that the swords don't cut it; there's ALWAYS Jabroken. It's a little

But of course, This is my opinion, and everyone's entitled to their own. I'm by no means an elitist.

Me, holding all of the Red items and a very high quality Flowen's Sword + Will want to try out these combinations, and if I am satisfied with Said boost, then I'm sticking with it. I'm a human afterall, My beast has the Lpc, and my Cast the Lkk. Might as well use the Red set.

And of course this might not even matter if we don't even get the drops.

In the end it'll all come down to if the Red Line combo is even worth putting together. Why don't we wait then? Well it'll matter to the sword users, anyway.

I'm not sure why you would even consider trying to find a set of these things. You do understand that Flowen's (The S rank) is dark only right? If you really are hell bent on having this combo just get a light Red Line and use it for missions you could actually use the sword. I understand you enjoy sword PAs and the weapons but using off elements just for some kind of sword bonus is just plain stupid in my opinion. Also as a fighter Evasion is absolutely horrible and this Red line has loads of it, and that's why I'm not going anywhere near the things (to use anyway).

Ill I know for me as a PT decent percents will be almost impossible to come by but if you dio get good percents itll be best armor we can where for a long while, till they come out with Orachio boards and such. 4 slot armor is always a win in my book.

No, Armas Line is better than Red Line and Orachio.

Nayto the Fighmaster
Jan 7, 2010, 01:19 PM
No, Armas Line is better than Red Line and Orachio.

Understand that he's a PT. I don't think that Pts can wear Armas lines

And for it to be stupid; that is your opinon, but also understand that I pay 10 dollars a month, for me to play any other way than my own would be as if I'm giving you ten dollars to school me on the game. I'm no noob. And call it whatever you like; but I was a fan of the Flown's sword on Pso, and the Red weapons as well.

And as such for Psu, I'll use them all much like I did on the gc version of it, as I see fit.

And I think for teh record, Red Line is ONLY Red attribute.

So feel free to stay away from it all you want, I'M getting the Red Line, end of story. I'm getting what I want out of the deal and if the bonuses are great, than even better.

str898mustang
Jan 7, 2010, 01:34 PM
Understand that he's a PT. I don't think that Pts can wear Armas lines

And for it to be stupid; that is your opinon, but also understand that I pay 10 dollars a month, for me to play any other way than my own would be as if I'm giving you ten dollars to school me on the game. I'm no noob. And call it whatever you like; but I was a fan of the Flown's sword on Pso, and the Red weapons as well.

And as such for Psu, I'll use them all much like I did on the gc version of it, as I see fit.

And I think for teh record, Red Line is ONLY Red attribute.

So feel free to stay away from it all you want, I'M getting the Red Line, end of story. I'm getting what I want out of the deal and if the bonuses are great, than even better.

Red Line can be any element. I remember seeing a pic of a 10% Ice Red Line on here.

Nayto the Fighmaster
Jan 7, 2010, 01:35 PM
Red Line can be any element. I remember seeing a pic of a 10% Ice Red Line on here.

I stand corrected, then. ^^;

str898mustang
Jan 7, 2010, 01:38 PM
basically it comes down to this

Armas Line - Dark(maybe light too)
Red Line - The other elements.

Max B
Jan 7, 2010, 05:06 PM
basically it comes down to this

Armas Line - Dark(maybe light too)
Red Line - The other elements.

Ermm... I like the extra end so Im gonna stick with Armas for all my Armor needs.

Max B
Jan 7, 2010, 05:09 PM
No offense, but if you don't like disappointment then PSU is not the game for you.

No, if I don't expect anything then I will never turn out disapointed.^^

FUDGEHOY
Jan 7, 2010, 10:39 PM
No, if I don't expect anything then I will never turn out disapointed.^^

Can you honestly tell me that you've never been disappointed about anything in PSU?

Max B
Jan 7, 2010, 11:49 PM
Can you honestly tell me that you've never been disappointed about anything in PSU?

Recently since I have started not expecting anything I have not felt disapointment with psu. But.. in the past yes I have had alot of disapointment from this game.