PDA

View Full Version : Worth it to come back?

vadin
Jan 6, 2010, 09:00 PM
I was thinking about going back to PSU, I use to play about 6months ago on the PC/PS2 server. I was just wondering if it is still as inactive as it was back then? I love the game, but it sucked having to see if like the other 25 people who played at the same time as you were on, to get a non solo game going.

(I last played during the parum GBR)

If I really wanted to go back, would it make more sense to just start again on the 360 server? or is that just as unpopulated?

Did anything new come out to give people more incentive to come back? I think I heard S3? is there a new cap or any new PA caps or anything fun like that?

Any insight on the server status would be helpful in making my decision.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Jan 7, 2010, 01:40 AM
Things are worse now.

vadin
Jan 7, 2010, 01:43 AM
Is it still just the few cliques of friends running round together?

Keilyn
Jan 7, 2010, 02:22 AM
I was thinking about going back to PSU, I use to play about 6months ago on the PC/PS2 server. I was just wondering if it is still as inactive as it was back then? I love the game, but it sucked having to see if like the other 25 people who played at the same time as you were on, to get a non solo game going.

(I last played during the parum GBR)

If I really wanted to go back, would it make more sense to just start again on the 360 server? or is that just as unpopulated?

Did anything new come out to give people more incentive to come back? I think I heard S3? is there a new cap or any new PA caps or anything fun like that?

Any insight on the server status would be helpful in making my decision.

You could try registering into PSU-Japan and then you can put the stress behind of not having updates. You would need to learn katakana, but in week of active playing you should get it. ^^

vadin
Jan 7, 2010, 02:35 AM
Hah, updates weren't as huge of problem for me as just not having people to play with ><

stinkyfish97
Jan 7, 2010, 03:01 AM
Yeah well lack of updates has driven people away. I say wait another 4-5 months. Im not making promises or anything but if you look at the timeline we get DG S2 this week and then I would say no longer than 1-2 months we will have MAG+ after MAG+ comes the Supp. Update supposedly so in another 5 months we should have just about all the major updates for us this year. lol.

SuperRygar
Jan 7, 2010, 02:08 PM
PC/PS2 hardly ever has 1 star

XBox360 probably has 3-4

but yeah, even less people, but you'l find plenty of new things to do

Danny_Dark
Jan 7, 2010, 03:31 PM
Things are worse now.

This...

Delete
Jan 7, 2010, 04:20 PM
Think I've seen this thread like 7 times in the past 3 weeks or so lol.

But on topic, I'm on 360, and the population there is still decent. I hear the PC/PS2 server are kinda empty like stated a couple posts back. If ya do wanna come back, I'd say get a 360 if possible because that way you'll have people to play with. This is of course if you really don't mind getting no updated stuff which I see you said doesn't bother ya. ^^

vadin
Jan 7, 2010, 04:26 PM
360 isnt behind pc on updates though is it ? its just NA getting screwed in general ?

Ryna
Jan 7, 2010, 04:49 PM
The regional PC and 360 servers receive the same updates. In general, the regional servers are lagging several months behind the Japanese ones.

vadin
Jan 7, 2010, 09:26 PM
I decided to come back to pc/ps2, so if anyone wants to hook up for some missions let me know~

RemiusTA
Jan 8, 2010, 04:08 AM
paying for this game is like keeping a blind, deaf, braindead limbless 94 year old castrated man on a feeding tube.

Just let the bastard die already.

SuperRygar
Jan 8, 2010, 01:52 PM
paying for this game is like keeping a blind, deaf, braindead limbless 94 year old castrated man on a feeding tube.

Not true. Thats just how you feel. Lots of us are getting plenty of enjoyment out of our 94 yr old vegetable.

Danny_Dark
Jan 8, 2010, 04:01 PM

I Try To Ignore This, But...(There Is Some Truth)...

Zeek123
Jan 9, 2010, 02:21 AM

Call it the same old hate, but it's become quite the reality.

Especially in the past year.

You may ignore it, but it's staring you in the face.

Don't understand why he has to be castrated though... Oh well.

Quatre52
Jan 10, 2010, 02:05 PM
dont forget, some people dont care as much about constant updates.

they simply enjoy the game.

roardova lengths
Jan 10, 2010, 02:53 PM
...i simply enjoy the game, but would intensely enjoy it more if i finally got my Neutral Go Vahra Claws...

Meta77
Jan 11, 2010, 02:03 AM
yea updates were not enough to bring me back.....now a new game will have me skipping.

Powder Keg
Jan 11, 2010, 02:41 AM
...i simply enjoy the game, but would intensely enjoy it more if i finally got my Neutral Go Vahra Claws...

I think you may be in luck. If I ever resub, anyway...

Caustic
Jan 11, 2010, 10:46 PM
I'm contemplating coming back too, possibly next week on the PC. I thought I was done for good, but that's the thing about this damn game. I have so much nostalgia with it, I always come back, then leave, repeat. If I do come back I'd be happy to play with you. My PC character is only like a 65 though if I recall correctly....