PDA

View Full Version : You stormed off to scar the armaaadaaa

ShinMaruku
Jan 7, 2010, 08:09 PM
Like Jesus play letter.
I'll drill through your hands!
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/4/4a/Dissidia_Ultimecia.png

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jan 7, 2010, 10:20 PM
God I love Ultimecia. Freakin crazy magic attacks yo...

Randomness
Jan 7, 2010, 10:43 PM
Yeah. Held arrow is awesome, can set up fun crossfire.

ShinMaruku
Jan 7, 2010, 10:47 PM
She's a damned witch...

Randomness
Jan 7, 2010, 10:58 PM
Terra's stronger.

ShinMaruku
Jan 7, 2010, 11:16 PM
Terra and Ulitimecia are OP in Dissida.
Jecht is just cheese.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 8, 2010, 04:06 AM
What's with that foot? (For one thing of the many)

Don't Scrabble my Armada of Battleships.

Outrider
Jan 8, 2010, 10:44 AM
Ah, Ultimecia. I used to think you were the best example of Final Fantasy bosses coming out of left field, but then Necron in FFIX stole that from you with flying colors.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jan 8, 2010, 12:25 PM
Ah, Ultimecia. I used to think you were the best example of Final Fantasy bosses coming out of left field, but then Necron in FFIX stole that from you with flying colors.

Old school Final Fantasy villians will do that to ya. You find someone new in the Final Fantasy series that is cool but one of the oldies will pop up and say "Oh but did you poison a river just too kill off an entire castle? No? Pffft, wuss...."

Randomness
Jan 8, 2010, 12:50 PM
Old school Final Fantasy villians will do that to ya. You find someone new in the Final Fantasy series that is cool but one of the oldies will pop up and say "Oh but did you poison a river just too kill off an entire castle? No? Pffft, wuss...."

That was the least of his issues >.>

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jan 8, 2010, 01:03 PM
Oh yea, the whole playin the Emporer for a chump and gaining godly hax powers along with the ability to "Shoop Da Whoop" towns into nothing.

Outrider
Jan 8, 2010, 03:13 PM

Well, Necron and Ultimecia are both new school, but I agree with your sentiment that Kefka was awesome and insane.

HeartBreak301
Jan 9, 2010, 06:14 AM
That is some nasty foot fungus.

Zeek123
Jan 9, 2010, 07:32 AM
Like Jesus play letter.
I'll drill through your hands!

Not to chime in and act an idiot, but Coheed and Cambria didn't make this up?

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 9, 2010, 01:41 PM

Kuja makes me upset.

His pelvis did not have nearly the requisite coverage for a man.

That game had great music, a decent story, and the worst gameplay of the post-FF7 part of the series. Square really dropped the ball on that one.

astuarlen
Jan 9, 2010, 02:01 PM
Kuja makes me upset.

And what if Kuja was a woman?
I think I already know the answer.

Outrider
Jan 9, 2010, 02:49 PM
Kuja makes me upset.

That game had great music, a decent story, and the worst gameplay of the post-FF7 part of the series. Square really dropped the ball on that one.

Really?

I was actually quite the fan of the gameplay. Not particularly ambitious or revolutionary, but I thought it was a good middle ground between the battle systems of FFI-VI with the usual flashiness of FFVII+FFVIII.

My largest complaint regarding the game is that the fourth disc is filled to the brim with out-of-left-field plot points. It really gives one the feeling that they realized they had to end the game as quickly as possible and did so without much regard for how much sense it would make.

ShinMaruku
Jan 9, 2010, 03:34 PM
My largest complaint regarding the game is that the fourth disc is filled to the brim with out-of-left-field plot points. It really gives one the feeling that they realized they had to end the game as quickly as possible and did so without much regard for how much sense it would make.
You will love FFXIII then. They announced FFXIV to make them finish FFXIII. XD
I'm not lieing those guys were in deep.

Epically Leet
Jan 9, 2010, 04:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGpbd6BUO0I

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jan 10, 2010, 04:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdOsqk6tMVo

The main reason why she's so awesome...

ShinMaruku
Jan 11, 2010, 03:33 AM
http://img2.gelbooru.com//images/479/618e5f22bc78076452c01ce92016ef0f8f3ed877.jpg?60457 2
He is awesome

CrimsomWolf
Jan 11, 2010, 04:05 AM
One word: Thermite.

ShinMaruku
Jan 11, 2010, 03:26 PM
He says only one word, GAAAAAAHHHHHRRRGGGAAAAAAHH!

HeartBreak301
Jan 11, 2010, 05:07 PM
I second the thermite.

Shadowpawn
Jan 12, 2010, 09:15 PM
http://img2.gelbooru.com//images/479/618e5f22bc78076452c01ce92016ef0f8f3ed877.jpg?60457 2
He is awesome

Agreed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3WQCk5T4k4&feature=sub

Randomness
Jan 12, 2010, 10:34 PM
Weak. It didn't pull a cheap-ass death move like its supposed to. (As in, kill your whole party with 10,000 needles *shudders at FFVI*)

Z-735
Jan 12, 2010, 10:38 PM
I hated fighting that Jumbo Cactaur on FFVIII. Stupid thing ran too much =.=

Shadowpawn
Jan 12, 2010, 10:45 PM
Weak. It didn't pull a cheap-ass death move like its supposed to. (As in, kill your whole party with 10,000 needles *shudders at FFVI*)

Well the guy you saw playing the game is REALLY good so you've wouldn't have seen that anyway. >_>

Z-735
Jan 12, 2010, 10:46 PM
Lol. I only got hit once by the 10,000 needle move. It was a sad, sad day lol. I can't freakin wait to get FFXIII DX

Shadowpawn
Jan 12, 2010, 11:01 PM
I heard it's ridiculously short for a RPG.

Z-735
Jan 12, 2010, 11:05 PM
Ouch x.x Well my fav. final fantasy was eight, and its storyline was pretty long

ShinMaruku
Jan 12, 2010, 11:50 PM
I heard it's ridiculously short for a RPG.
Linear not short.
It's still the standard 50 hours.
I can do 35 but I speed demon games.

Z-735
Jan 12, 2010, 11:55 PM
Linear not short.
It's still the standard 50 hours.
I can do 35 but I speed demon games.

Same here. I beat games way too fast x.x But then I go and replay them again if it was a good game

Outrider
Jan 13, 2010, 04:40 PM
It's funny how people think an RPG has to be long in order to be good, and yet Chrono Trigger is around 20 hours and is still one of the best examples of the genre.

That being said, when I was playing Final Fantasy XII - one of the best RPGs of the past five years - I put in over 100 hours, so... yeah.

I guess my real point is that game length isn't really indicative of the quality or worth of a game.

Z-735
Jan 13, 2010, 04:42 PM
To me a good RPG is nothing unless it has an awesome storyline XD

Shadowpawn
Jan 13, 2010, 05:38 PM
Chrono Trigger is only 20 hours if you go straight to the end without doing any of the side quests (what kind of monster doesn't try to revive Chrono!?) I remember doing all of the side-quests including beating Queen whatshername in order to get the best ending and I clocked out at around 40-50 hours. >_>

Z-735
Jan 13, 2010, 05:45 PM
I can't beat a game until I complete EVERYTHING

Outrider
Jan 13, 2010, 05:50 PM
To me a good RPG is nothing unless it has an awesome storyline XD

Most of the time I'd agree, but every once in a while I get hooked by a dungeon crawler or simply a game with good gameplay and have a grand old time ignoring the story (or lack thereof.)

Chrono Trigger is only 20 hours if you go straight to the end without doing any of the side quests (what kind of monster doesn't try to revive Chrono!?) I remember doing all of the side-quests including beating Queen whatshername in order to get the best ending and I clocked out at around 40-50 hours. >_>

That doesn't sound right. I'm pretty sure a playthrough with all the sidequests can generally be done in less than 30 hours. I definitely remember doing it, and I'm nowhere near a speed gamer (especially when it comes to RPGs.)

Z-735
Jan 13, 2010, 05:53 PM
True. Like PSO, it really has no storyline (still does though) Yet I could never stop playing it XD

Shadowpawn
Jan 13, 2010, 06:53 PM
That doesn't sound right. I'm pretty sure a playthrough with all the sidequests can generally be done in less than 30 hours. I definitely remember doing it, and I'm nowhere near a speed gamer (especially when it comes to RPGs.)

You sure about that? There's a lot of stuff for you to do in the side quests. Like go after Magus former comrades, revive Chrono, leave Robo in the past for a set period of time, get Frog's ultimate weapon, put down the dinosaur revolution in the past, there's some optional boss in the future you have to beat that has something to do with Robo too, you have to destroy Queen Lenne in order to fight Lavos's true form without crashing the Epoch and there's probably other stuff I'm forgetting too. :/

Delete
Jan 13, 2010, 07:01 PM
Not to chime in and act an idiot, but Coheed and Cambria didn't make this up?

Totally what I was thinking bro. I knew those lyrics sounded familiar.

Z-735
Jan 13, 2010, 07:31 PM
You sure about that? There's a lot of stuff for you to do in the side quests. Like go after Magus former comrades, revive Chrono, leave Robo in the past for a set period of time, get Frog's ultimate weapon, put down the dinosaur revolution in the past, there's some optional boss in the future you have to beat that has something to do with Robo too, you have to destroy Queen Lenne in order to fight Lavos's true form without crashing the Epoch and there's probably other stuff I'm forgetting too. :/

You got most of it lol. I hated fighont Lavos T^T

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 13, 2010, 11:33 PM
Most of the time I'd agree, but every once in a while I get hooked by a dungeon crawler or simply a game with good gameplay and have a grand old time ignoring the story (or lack thereof.)

That's a good reason to play games.

If you ask people who play all the "awesome storyline RPG(eez)" about the storylines, it'll probably be messy anyway.

Playing this Chrono Trigger back in the day, now I can't recall anything Shadowpawn is talking about. Managed to give someone's mom back her legs by time travel, do remember that. Last thing to do with this game older bro was playing emulated version and asked what he was supposed to do, not telling me what/where he was in the game, so I couldn't know or help there anyway.

Z-735
Jan 13, 2010, 11:36 PM
Was it fun giving someone's mom's legs back? lol

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 13, 2010, 11:41 PM
I guess. Didn't get any item(s) for doing so. Mom stayed in the same room as when she was in the wheelchair, but now she can pace 2 steps forward, then turn and go back.

Oh yeah, lets get back on topic... babies.

So lately all this talk about this person, who has the man voice in re-made character games, and my FFVIII sits in shrink wrap. Ordered from Amazon.coms just because it was in stock, a few years ago. Probably in the same order as the Final Fantasy Chronicles one with the Chrono Trigger.

The worst version of Chrono Trigger, I learned later.

CNYOA:

A) Open them
B) Sell them
C) Toyota Witches

Z-735
Jan 13, 2010, 11:43 PM
SO you haven't played FFVIII?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 13, 2010, 11:46 PM
I played my lil bro's back in 1998ish for a little bit. He lost the 1st disc, loaned out friend lost it?, and that was that.

Remember the school classroom, go in your "com-pyou-tah" and get 2 Guardians.

Similar to that Y's Sega CD where you go in the secret room to the left of the crashed wedding and get a sword, and also never got anywhere in that.

Z-735
Jan 13, 2010, 11:47 PM
Lol. I didn't like Y's gameplay and the title of this thread always reminds me of Star Fox XD Peppy: Do a barrel roll!

Outrider
Jan 14, 2010, 12:08 AM
Yes, the side-quests. I'm quite familiar with them.

Not sure what was taking you so long SLOWPOKE.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jan 14, 2010, 12:46 AM
I just can't believe Chrono Trigger had to spawn such a crummy sequel. I think even the some of the developers questioned the stuff that was put in the game (over 40 characters you can have in your roster?? What the hell! REALLY!? Was it that necessary?).

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 14, 2010, 01:36 AM
They had Chrono Cross too, did not buy.

Some FKL posts were about that game though. BizzyDi or someone.

ShinMaruku
Jan 14, 2010, 01:45 AM
It's all about DFO now. 35 hit combos baby!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 14, 2010, 01:49 AM
Youz guyz have not posted in that thread since last year!

ShinMaruku
Jan 14, 2010, 02:02 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/ShinMaruku/dfoscreenshot00015.jpg

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jan 14, 2010, 10:17 AM
Hory Crap! Maybe I should post a few piccies then!
http://i48.tinypic.com/xbujb.jpg

Ok its an old one, I should really take some new ones. The mage and preist have been baleeted, I think I rerolled but I'm thinking of just completely axing the mage. Or maybe not. I 'unno. I've gotten back in the groove with my blade master though. If someone here wants to PVP just contact BruceCambell,Ormagodden, or JinKyong. Oh and btw, JinKyong means bueatiful jewel in Korean. Yea, I looked that mofo up!

Outrider
Jan 14, 2010, 01:33 PM
Y'know - I have some serious issues with Chrono Cross in terms of the design & some thematic elements, but I have to begrudgingly admit that it is a pretty decent game.

It plays out like some of the worst kind of Chrono Trigger fan fiction I can imagine, but it's got a lot of heart and it manages to do a lot of things well.

It's taken me ten years to admit that, so who knows - maybe in another ten I'll love the game!

ShinMaruku
Jan 14, 2010, 02:30 PM
My elementalist now has the long arse combos and is in juggle fever, it's so awesome.

Shadowpawn
Jan 14, 2010, 02:34 PM
@ Outrider:

WELL EXCCCCCUSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE MEEE, PRINCESS!

@DFO players:

Yeah, I'm been banned from that game. :/ Nexon is so retarded.

Randomness
Jan 14, 2010, 02:40 PM
For... what?

ShinMaruku
Jan 14, 2010, 02:47 PM
The avie is evil.
probably because of the Korean client?
Easy to make another account and really some programs will set Nexon off since they have an ass backward system.

Shadowpawn
Jan 14, 2010, 03:34 PM
For... what?

I went and made an inquiry about a possible refund for avatar items that I paid for but didn't get (due to a glitch in the item shop.) I made one inquiry at the dungeon fighter web site and the other at PayPal. The first time I made it at the dungeon fighter web site I was told to provide more information and they closed the ticket.

At PayPal I was told I would be banned if I pursued a refund , given that I had a level 40 character with a crap ton of rares and avatars I decided not to pursue the refund and let the PayPal ticket close. I made a second ticket at the web site during the time the PayPal ticket was open and informed them of the glitch. A week after the PayPal ticket close I receive a email from a GM telling me I've been "temporarily banned" due to the fact that I made a inquiry about a refund at PayPal despite not getting a refund at all. I was told that they would restore my account when they discover what happened to my items (which is never because the glitch as been known since December.)

tl;dr

Nexon banned me because I made a PayPal inquiry. I'm done with Nexon.

Randomness
Jan 14, 2010, 03:59 PM
I have to say... that's just retarded. (Nexon's response)

Out of curiosity... how did Nexon find out you had made an inquiry at PayPal?

Shadowpawn
Jan 14, 2010, 04:55 PM
I have to say... that's just retarded. (Nexon's response)

Out of curiosity... how did Nexon find out you had made an inquiry at PayPal?

PayPal has to be informed of which merchant you made the purchase with, then they contact a representative in order to hear your side of the dispute.

ShinMaruku
Jan 14, 2010, 07:16 PM
This is why I never pay pal.

Waki Miko Syamemaru!
Jan 14, 2010, 08:03 PM
Y'know - I have some serious issues with Chrono Cross in terms of the design & some thematic elements, but I have to begrudgingly admit that it is a pretty decent game.

It plays out like some of the worst kind of Chrono Trigger fan fiction I can imagine, but it's got a lot of heart and it manages to do a lot of things well.

It's taken me ten years to admit that, so who knows - maybe in another ten I'll love the game!

ROFL. I felt the same way about CC. I mean, I enjoyed playing it but when half an entire continent wants to be apart of my party thats when I say enough is enough! I mean, do I REALLY want some sack of bones or a walking Voodoo doll as my partner? Even when they can be killed off easily? Must I lug around a talking dog, Luchadore Preist, goth band member, his effing sister, a mermaid, a pirate, a cute animal, an alien, a bunny girl, said skeleton, said Voodoo doll, my girlfriend, some old hag, a german doctor, a blacksmith, some old dude who uses an anchor, and a flamboyant swordsman? REALLY Square? Thank god it was PS1. I couldn't deal with that again. Unless it was Suikoden. Then I could understand. 6-7 would have been great but nope. Gotta pop in a extra 34 characters. Jesus.

Shadow, thats why I keep a low profile around Nexon. They got that D rank from the BBB for a reason. Even if they are unwilling to step up they're game. Oh and btw, they treat DFO like PSU. Keeping all the updates and such locked in a folder.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 15, 2010, 12:45 AM
This is why I never pay pal.
Well, not reporting glitches to Nexon seems to be the Solution here. PayPal didn't do anything wrong.

Your stuff is broke?
Not our game! Get out you infected! (cheaper than fixing)
PSOBB support forum would just lock your topic as a repeat of the same error someone elsewas getting.

This is not olo @ all Shadowpawn, negative olo maybe.

ShinMaruku
Jan 21, 2010, 10:02 PM
http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr5/HunterXZelos/41014087.gif