PDA

View Full Version : Melan Knuckle

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jan 8, 2010, 01:56 AM
Hiya all,

One of 3 of my biggest ever PSU mistakes was spending extortionate amounts on a melan knuckle board months back, clearly not looking into it enough before wasting tens of millions the fact that the melan knuckle material is priced at around 15mil each...lovely stuff.

So any help would be appreciated where it'd be best to attempt to find them? I've yet to even see a Bil de Melan in over 1,200 hours of game time so I can see why people price it this much but still its a rip off :P

Umm spawns I recall are lonely labratory and a few others on Moatoob. Any advice as to which runs are best to go for? As i'm fed up of seeing the board at the top of my PM's synth list and not being able to sell 30 millions worth of weapon.

Thanks

Tifa

Nayto the Fighmaster
Jan 8, 2010, 02:14 AM
Doesn't Citadel of Sand have Melan appearances?

Krupp
Jan 8, 2010, 02:43 AM
Magashi's Plan is the best place to find Melans. The Citadel spawn rate for those is unbelievably rare to get. It's not even worth attempting, I've spent weeks in there not seeing any rare spawns at all. At least in Magashi's plan I've gotten a spawn at least once every few runs. Anyway good luck with your hunts! Hope that helps.

VetroDrago
Jan 8, 2010, 04:33 PM
Well, one of the last times I played, I hunted Melan at Citadel and got him in a few tries on S2. There's 4 of him split up throughout Block 3 and on the last one I received a Melan Fist. I still have it.

DA_SHIZZLE_IG
Jan 9, 2010, 05:07 AM
LOL They just now released this online? this is the very reason why most people quit because they take waaay too long to release shit. I got this item in offline mode a year ago(the weapon is on the disk data). it's like the coolest looking knuckles with the coolest animation. When you get it you should put on dark wings with it, shit looks super evil.

desturel
Jan 9, 2010, 10:30 AM
LOL They just now released this online?

Melan Knuckle was originally released in May with Shred the Darkness. You could get it from the Magashi Plan once the final route was opened. It was released as a permanent item August when Citadel of Sand came out. It would have been out sooner, but they don't have a Lonely Lab S2.

Devil King
Jan 12, 2010, 07:33 AM
Magashi's Plan is the best place to find Melans. The Citadel spawn rate for those is unbelievably rare to get. It's not even worth attempting, I've spent weeks in there not seeing any rare spawns at all. At least in Magashi's plan I've gotten a spawn at least once every few runs. Anyway good luck with your hunts! Hope that helps.

I checked psupedia.info and I couldn't find any Magashi's Plan in the mission section. Was this the mission during Shred the Darkness? Is there really a way to access this Magashi's Plan at the current moment?

I'm in the US on Xbox360 servers if that matters.

Delete
Jan 12, 2010, 08:09 AM
I thought it was in the GC 5th floor but I'll have to look it up and let ya know.

desturel
Jan 12, 2010, 08:14 AM
I checked psupedia.info and I couldn't find any Magashi's Plan in the mission section. Was this the mission during Shred the Darkness?

The Magashi Plan (http://psupedia.info/The_Magashi_Plan_%28event_mission%29) from Shred the Darkness.

Is there really a way to access this Magashi's Plan at the current moment?

You can access the side story version (http://psupedia.info/The_Magashi_Plan_%28side_story_mission%29) from the 5th floor. It still has Jaggo (PSUpedia doesn't list them), but I doubt it has Bil de Melan anymore. Now it has SEED-Venas.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jan 19, 2010, 08:12 AM
Hiya all,

Thank for the info. Just wondering is it S2 drop only? When i've checked PSUpedia it seems to say its a special drop and seems to be open to all levels...can anyone confirm this? I suppose best chance I could have would be getting lucky in Phantom Fissure? As they're the only times I recall seeing people get that drop.

Tifa

darthplagis
Jan 19, 2010, 09:22 AM
the item can drop on any level, but the board drops from s2 only

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jan 19, 2010, 09:25 AM
Hiya,

Thanks for the info, yeah I bought the board, biggest waste fo moeny ever, thanks for the info i'm gonna spam some low level runs to try and get this elusive material :)

Tifa

VetroDrago
Jan 21, 2010, 11:42 AM
Remember, Melan Fist is in the Gifts from Beyond+ 5 gold lottery, and it's one of the 4 items I'm hoping to get. The other wanted items are Illuminus Tag, Chevalier Edge, and Sange. I'm pretty excited lol.

Krupp
Jan 21, 2010, 12:54 PM
Oh wow thanks for sharing that, I want a Melan fist so bad from that O.O lol.

Nayto the Fighmaster
Jan 21, 2010, 01:01 PM
Chev Edges too! ^_^

Loving that gifts from Beyond +