PDA

View Full Version : Wow Dark Falz.

Nayto the Fighmaster
Jan 8, 2010, 10:44 AM
I personally think he's not as fail asp eople think, given that he can own the fool who goes in there with a 50% Dark Armas, only for him to change light. :-o Or any other element for that matter.

And Red Line drops, WOOT!

fay
Jan 8, 2010, 12:10 PM
Yes I agree. I just tried a solo there to see what it would be like.
I magaed it but he does rape a little bit.

I'm quite proud actually. I managed to survive his heaven punisher like attack. 34! health left, woo.
He changed to light through it. Put me waaay off. I wasn't paying attention lol.

I'm so happy with this. Its a boss that actually puts up a challenge now. Amazing. He even does good against a team.

Nayto the Fighmaster
Jan 8, 2010, 12:42 PM
I Know. He's not a guy you can really solo with as a FM, at least not easily. He has tons of health and the whole element change brings a whole new way to try and fight him.

Sega, you impressed me a bit with Dark Falz, he'll never live up to the one on PSO, but he'll do... He'll do.

Yusaku_Kudou
Jan 8, 2010, 12:59 PM
He spammed Ramegid on my ass 5 times in a ROW and I died every single time with STA 22 and 36% Shinowa. His Ramegid has incapacitate...

Nayto the Fighmaster
Jan 8, 2010, 02:09 PM
Not only that his Divine Punishment makes us know what it eels like to get paradi Cataract'd ourselves. ^^;

tadtwisted
Jan 8, 2010, 04:27 PM
I know im gonna get alot of grief for this but:

:neutral: ARMOR FTW!!!

Max B
Jan 8, 2010, 04:32 PM
I know im gonna get alot of grief for this but:

:neutral: ARMOR FTW!!!

:neutral: Armor fails

tadtwisted
Jan 8, 2010, 04:35 PM
Yes I will agree with you on this Boss

YES!!! my :neutral: armor movement is gaining support.

Deragonite
Jan 8, 2010, 04:46 PM
He's a smarter wuss than Falkis. Unlike Falkis, he's smarter to not go upside down as much.

Only thing that gets me is when he does Ramegid and Meteor Shower at the same time (stun + incapacitate).

Nayto the Fighmaster
Jan 8, 2010, 04:49 PM

I want to say something about this....

There are those that said this day will never happen... Where are they to say so, now? (Cookie for the reference)

I mean seriously, I remember:

"Dark God S2 will never replace White Beast S2" If they're saying that now, they're an idiot, imo.

"Armas Line > Red Line" "Red Line's eva means it's horrible for FM" Only those who do not understand the concept of JUST counter, seriously. It's not my fault if you love to spam Jabroken. Also, From what I've been told by the users of the very few Red lines, is that they supposedly give a nice boost to EVERYTHING, including Stamina. Now while I myself have not confirmed this, that would mean it still gives end. (Not sure how many) But if it's 4+, then what are you to say about that Red Line haters.

And other riff raff about it's not great yada yada. Looks like they all stfu and are also running that mission too.

And while we're on the subject; Dark Falz. You are indeed worthy of being known as the Final Boss. I lol'd at the guy who went in with a 25 Armas dark and a Viijeri Rainbow only for it to go light, and one-shot. I lol'd, until it went red; because I had Ice armor. >.> Anyways, This might be a challenge for small parties But enough Jabrogas and it'll fall. It IS MUCH harder than any other boss 'll give it that. and that Divine Punishment; has anyone even found a way around that move yet?

Deragonite
Jan 8, 2010, 04:55 PM
Yes. You just stay in his claw things, spam Trimates when the small light beams do 1.5k and proceed getting free attacks while he nukes the middle of the map.

It's easier to deal with than the Meteor Strike since you can't even dodge that lol.

Although I have only fought him 3 times, I did die to Ramegid twice. The 1st time due to the lack of knowledge that it has incapacitate, the 2nd time because he Ramegid'ed me right when he started a meteor shower (I switched to Stun/Resist lol).

milranduil
Jan 8, 2010, 05:01 PM
Yes. You just stay in his claw things, spam Trimates when the small light beams do 1.5k and proceed getting free attacks while he nukes the middle of the map.

It's easier to deal with than the Meteor Strike since you can't even dodge that lol.

Although I have only fought him 3 times. I did die to Ramegid twice. The 1st time due to the lack of knowledge that it has incapacitate, the 2nd time because he Ramegid'ed me right when he started a meteor shower (I switched to Stun/Resist lol).

What do you recommend for when we duo TA after I get back? FM FM or FM GM? (inb4 FMFM is kewler lol).

Deragonite
Jan 8, 2010, 05:10 PM
FM FM can take out 1st form Falz in 1 docking (if we're lucky).

I've managed to kill Falz in 2 dockings with NPC help >_>.

GM will not be able to kill Falz in less than 1 quick docking's worth of time.

milranduil
Jan 8, 2010, 05:29 PM
FM FM can take out 1st form Falz in 1 docking (if we're lucky).

I've managed to kill Falz in 2 dockings with NPC help >_>.

GM will not be able to kill Falz in less than 1 quick docking's worth of time.

Alright, I'll be back Monday evening (provided I don't get stuck in San Francisco again for 8 hours like Tuesday -_-).

I may need to borrow your Rucar for Falz unless we know for sure we can kill him in one docking with me using my 46% agito and you the Crea. We'll see lol.

desturel
Jan 8, 2010, 05:30 PM
Again, Nayto the Fighmaster, you are basing your assumptions off of one day.

Do you think this mission has staying power? Will people be playing this mission to the exclusion of White Beast in a few weeks? This is my point. My comment that it is "a speed bump (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2422456&postcount=21)" is based off of watching what has happened in the past with other new missions with new stuff that have come out after White Beast. Seed Express should have killed White Beast, but it didn't. It is my opinion that people aren't going to stay at Dark God.

Come back to this argument at a later date and let's see how this turns out. I know the ADHD is hitting on all cylinders right not, but you need to think ahead a bit. It's not something that can be decided on the day of release. Nor was my statement intended to make you or anyone else think no that one would run this mission at all.

As for the Red Line, we already know what Red Line's stats are. We are lucky enough to have a good number of people here who also play on the Japanese servers that provide us with data on items long before they are released here. Unless they change up the stats of the Red Line on the local servers, there's no need to personally confirm information that was already confirmed by people that already had access to the item on the other servers. We already know it doesn't give endurance. You can check the the Japanese Wiki page (http://spoiler.sakura.ne.jp/rr/psu/index.php?DB%2F%C1%F5%C8%F7%2F%CB%C9%B6%F1) if you want confirmation. Look for レッドライン. If you can't read Japanese, you can use an online translation tool like translate.google.com. The stats already on PSUPedia are correct unless, for some strange reason, they changed the stats on the US server. Meaning they modified the game data.

Now, this next part is my opinion, so I won't state it as anything else. For the time being, just counter is still a waste of PP whether you are using Jabroga or a different photon art. If invincible just counter is released, then I would be willing to admit that evasion is useful on classes such as an Acrofighter. As it is right now, it's just an annoyance that sucks away PP as a fighter class. Especially when you get into situations where you may block multiple times in a row.

On that note, Nayto the Fighmaster, you might wish to hold off on saying ignorant things like "It's not my fault if you love to spam Jabroken" when I main a male neuman (yeah, those mytical male neuman that no one plays as because they are the worst at everything) and mostly play as a techer. You may not know that, but it's not something I've exactly hidden while posting on this message board.

darthplagis
Jan 8, 2010, 05:55 PM
me and my buddy (NEI for those on 360 that may know us) just hit him this afternoon (we were more interested in temple of traps TBH).

i have to say im impressed, he took a few dolls from my figunner due to the 1 hit dark attacks but overall he was a pretty standard boss yet still worthy of 'end boss' title i suppose.

i love how they made 'dark fish' into falz v2 (if you look closley his tail minus the face is falz v1) i just wish he had a soul steal move like PSO falz, and the cool post falz pose screen you used to get on PSO would be cool too

desturel
Jan 8, 2010, 07:18 PM
i just wish he had a soul steal move like PSO falz, and the cool post falz pose screen you used to get on PSO would be cool too

Soul Steal in this game would be instant death for whoever got caught. Do you think a party of six is going to sit around not hitting Falz until the soul is released? Also in PSO, you would take full damage from the attacks back onto yourself. Meanwhile in PSU, a Just attack normal swing from a Fortefighter or Fighmaster would KO a Masterforce (yeah, I know I'm exaggerating). It might not be the best idea to bring that back. :)

D1ABOLIK
Jan 8, 2010, 07:31 PM
Soloing with a lvl 101 fighgunner, I got to him no problem, but got owned. It was rough. Need a good 20 levels more to solo him effectively I think.

HyperShot-X-
Jan 8, 2010, 11:38 PM
Not only that his Divine Punishment makes us know what it eels like to get paradi Cataract'd ourselves. ^^;
did you see that HUGE beam of light that strikes down right in the center of boss area? that's like ultra super mega Divine Punishment that puts away paradi like a child's play lol i wanna get hit by that once just to feel how its like xD

Zeek123
Jan 9, 2010, 02:13 AM
did you see that HUGE beam of light that strikes down right in the center of boss area? that's like ultra super mega Divine Punishment that puts away paradi like a child's play lol i wanna get hit by that once just to feel how its like xD

I know, right?! Nerdgasm!

Just kidding, just kidding

Nayto the Fighmaster
Jan 9, 2010, 02:33 AM
Again, Nayto the Fighmaster, you are basing your assumptions off of one day.

Do you think this mission has staying power? Will people be playing this mission to the exclusion of White Beast in a few weeks? This is my point. My comment that it is "a speed bump (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2422456&postcount=21)" is based off of watching what has happened in the past with other new missions with new stuff that have come out after White Beast. Seed Express should have killed White Beast, but it didn't. It is my opinion that people aren't going to stay at Dark God.

Come back to this argument at a later date and let's see how this turns out. I know the ADHD is hitting on all cylinders right not, but you need to think ahead a bit. It's not something that can be decided on the day of release. Nor was my statement intended to make you or anyone else think no that one would run this mission at all.

As for the Red Line, we already know what Red Line's stats are. We are lucky enough to have a good number of people here who also play on the Japanese servers that provide us with data on items long before they are released here. Unless they change up the stats of the Red Line on the local servers, there's no need to personally confirm information that was already confirmed by people that already had access to the item on the other servers. We already know it doesn't give endurance. You can check the the Japanese Wiki page (http://spoiler.sakura.ne.jp/rr/psu/index.php?DB%2F%C1%F5%C8%F7%2F%CB%C9%B6%F1) if you want confirmation. Look for レッドライン. If you can't read Japanese, you can use an online translation tool like translate.google.com. The stats already on PSUPedia are correct unless, for some strange reason, they changed the stats on the US server. Meaning they modified the game data.

Now, this next part is my opinion, so I won't state it as anything else. For the time being, just counter is still a waste of PP whether you are using Jabroga or a different photon art. If invincible just counter is released, then I would be willing to admit that evasion is useful on classes such as an Acrofighter. As it is right now, it's just an annoyance that sucks away PP as a fighter class. Especially when you get into situations where you may block multiple times in a row.

On that note, Nayto the Fighmaster, you might wish to hold off on saying ignorant things like "It's not my fault if you love to spam Jabroken" when I main a male neuman (yeah, those mytical male neuman that no one plays as because they are the worst at everything) and mostly play as a techer. You may not know that, but it's not something I've exactly hidden while posting on this message board.

Well, gee THANKS for ruining my hopes of Red Line having extra endurance. :-x Alright then, Let's see what happens after a few days then, bucko. If I'm wrong, I'm man enough to admit. And my "Jabroken" comment was directed at the JABROKEN SPAMMERS, guy. I have nothing against Male newmans. And uh.. My Japanese isn't exactly up there, so uh.. I'll guess I have to take your word for it then.^^;

HyperShot-X-
Jan 9, 2010, 03:34 AM
also noticed the BGM in boss fight scene is quite refreshing, maybe even more so due to that boring and repetitive Hive music in the mission area :P

str898mustang
Jan 9, 2010, 03:37 AM
Falz is easy.

Mysterious-G
Jan 9, 2010, 05:03 AM
Falz is easy.

This isn't the PSO section. :p

Deragonite
Jan 9, 2010, 05:09 AM
With Jabroga, you can drop 2nd form Falz in less than 2 minutes.

DA_SHIZZLE_IG
Jan 9, 2010, 05:13 AM
Hey guys, I just want to know if it's worth me coming back online just to check this new dark falz out? Or is he just an upgrade to dark falkis(however you spell it)?

Ce'Nedra
Jan 9, 2010, 05:52 AM
I tried him 2 times and both time i disconnected as soon as the battle started so i doubt i'm gonna bother trying again.

Not gonna play the mission just to d/c and miss the exp and MP, items i could care less about but it's still very annoying.

stinkyfish97
Jan 9, 2010, 06:06 AM
Not even an upgrade of Fakis he is basically the same guy with a different skin.

xBULLYDOGG
Jan 9, 2010, 07:46 AM
Falz 2 1 hit dam/ra or whatever megid it is and his 1-2 hit heaven pun' makes me actually happy. I gotta boss that i love to kill now!

desturel
Jan 9, 2010, 10:22 AM

Shotguns work fine as well. A gunmaster/fighmaster pair could likely run this in 10 minutes or less depending on how much Dark Fish runs away.

Unfortunately this is yet another mission where Acrotecher is beating Masterforce in solo times. 35 minutes as an Acrotecher. An 1 hour 10 minutes as Masterforce... and all of that bonus time was just killing the two bosses. Masterforce was actually quicker to get to the bosses. 15 min vs 20 min. So, 15 minutes on the run followed by a 55 minute boss battle. Fun.

Cards/Twin Handguns > Noszonde
Whip > Diga/Foie

I guess I could try it as a Fortetecher, but it will probably be around 45 minutes. Something I don't feel like doing right at this moment. I could probably cut down on my runtime by picking up less stuff. Maybe cut it down to 10 minutes or so, but I doubt there is much I can do about the boss battle.

Delete
Jan 9, 2010, 10:27 AM
No freakin way.......you mean they updated this game? Oh wait, it's just a Dulk Fakis Reskin :P

Sorry for the negativity there lol, I actually will get on and try this mission out and see whats up.

DragonStriker
Jan 9, 2010, 11:56 AM

Yes, in all honesty I did about 20 runs yesterday in parties of 3-5 people and I have yet to even see the Falz change elements.

milranduil
Jan 9, 2010, 01:23 PM
Shotguns work fine as well. A gunmaster/fighmaster pair could likely run this in 10 minutes or less depending on how much Dark Fish runs away.

Unfortunately this is yet another mission where Acrotecher is beating Masterforce in solo times. 35 minutes as an Acrotecher. An 1 hour 10 minutes as Masterforce... and all of that bonus time was just killing the two bosses. Masterforce was actually quicker to get to the bosses. 15 min vs 20 min. So, 15 minutes on the run followed by a 55 minute boss battle. Fun.

Whip > Diga/Foie

I guess I could try it as a Fortetecher, but it will probably be around 45 minutes. Something I don't feel like doing right at this moment. I could probably cut down on my runtime by picking up less stuff. Maybe cut it down to 10 minutes or so, but I doubt there is much I can do about the boss battle.

Limit break will vastly ease MF at form 2. lol @ form 1 though even after.

Gunslinger-08
Jan 9, 2010, 03:01 PM
Just got back from vacation and played DG S2 with some peeps.

I love the new Falz. He was dangerous enough that I could easily see myself losing if I were to solo him with my main.

Deragonite
Jan 9, 2010, 05:24 PM

Whip > Diga/Foie

Hmm, the way I see it is this:

Fighmaster Fighmaster - Both have TD. Nothing is melee resistant (not including Orgdus and 2nd form Falz). Majarra >/= Shotgun in DPS. Jabroga >/= Lasers. FM does not get knocked down by Orcdillans and Galdeens. FM coordination does a lot more than GM coordination (alternating Jabs can kill 2 spawns of 5 in 6 seconds, something GM's can never do). Dark Fish is heavily lucky dependent. However Dark Fish can dock in < 60 seconds. Roughly 8 full Spiral Combos of life on Dark Fish = a lot of rifle shots >/= 60 seconds + 22 seconds (for 3 Spiral combos + 2 JA Jabrogas). Dark Falz form 2 is a joke and will die in 40 seconds to double Jab (takes me a little over 1:20 to kill form 2 by myself).

But we are likely to try both combinations. However GM is boring to us now so we'll probably do FM FM.

milranduil
Jan 9, 2010, 06:18 PM
Hmm, the way I see it is this:

Fighmaster Fighmaster - Both have TD. Nothing is melee resistant (not including Orgdus and 2nd form Falz). Majarra >/= Shotgun in DPS. Jabroga >/= Lasers. FM does not get knocked down by Orcdillans and Galdeens. FM coordination does a lot more than GM coordination (alternating Jabs can kill 2 spawns of 5 in 6 seconds, something GM's can never do). Dark Fish is heavily lucky dependent. However Dark Fish can dock in < 60 seconds. Roughly 8 full Spiral Combos of life on Dark Fish = a lot of rifle shots >/= 60 seconds + 22 seconds (for 3 Spiral combos + 2 JA Jabrogas). Dark Falz form 2 is a joke and will die in 40 seconds to double Jab (takes me a little over 1:20 to kill form 2 by myself).

But we are likely to try both combinations. However GM is boring to us now so we'll probably do FM FM.

GM is used to be so much fun for me...FM TA killed it lol I blame alpha+ >____>

DA_SHIZZLE_IG
Jan 9, 2010, 10:51 PM
Not even an upgrade of Fakis he is basically the same guy with a different skin.

No freakin way.......you mean they updated this game? Oh wait, it's just a Dulk Fakis Reskin :P

Sorry for the negativity there lol, I actually will get on and try this mission out and see whats up.

lol!!!!!!!!! never mind then. This is just sad, they released waay more stuff on the first PSU. This is the main reason why people hacked the shit out this game so bad. The updates are horrible!!!(goes back to waiting for the new counsel psu/pso to come out)

I think I'm going to go take a trip over to sega of america and see if they're working on a new one.

Hrith
Jan 10, 2010, 12:17 PM
Tornado Dance in TA killed itGM would definitely match FM in TA were it not for TD (i herd u liek acronyms).

Well, FM would still be a bit faster as long as 1) monsters die in one Jabroga and 2) Jabroga does not miss.

Also, shotguns have a much higher DPS than Majarra, and lasers than Jabroga. Not saying they kill faster -- well, on a perfect situation for both, they clearly do, but such a situation is a lot easier to find for Jabroga than for lasers -- but if you're talking strictly figures, GM is way ahead.

How easy is it to use shotguns on this boss (second form)? If it's easy to double shot the boss, then GM will kill about as fast.

From my experience as both classes on Dark Fish, it is very rare for the FM to kill faster, even if Dus Majarra or Spiral Dance have higher DPS than rifles. Then again, the boss may decide to stay out of a rifle's range and then dock, making the range advantage of GM quite moot.

DragonStriker
Jan 10, 2010, 01:17 PM
Don't forget them pesky freeze traps. :0

milranduil
Jan 10, 2010, 01:33 PM
GM would definitely match FM in TA were it not for TD (i herd u liek acronyms).

Well, FM would still be a bit faster as long as 1) monsters die in one Jabroga and 2) Jabroga does not miss.

Also, shotguns have a much higher DPS than Majarra, and lasers than Jabroga. Not saying they kill faster -- well, on a perfect situation for both, they clearly do, but such a situation is a lot easier to find for Jabroga than for lasers -- but if you're talking strictly figures, GM is way ahead.

How easy is it to use shotguns on this boss (second form)? If it's easy to double shot the boss, then GM will kill about as fast.

From my experience as both classes on Dark Fish, it is very rare for the FM to kill faster, even if Dus Majarra or Spiral Dance have higher DPS than rifles. Then again, the boss may decide to stay out of a rifle's range and then dock, making the range advantage of GM quite moot.

SEED Express is a definite place where little TD is used to travel, but FM still dominates, even before boss.

Let's look at Jabroga vs Laser. With an ideal axe, you'll average 7200-7300 on Jabroga for 10 hits over a span of roughly 5 seconds meaning 72,000 damage / 5 second= 14,000 DPS. Now in order for laser to match that, you need 6 targets with laser hitting no zeroes hitting for at least 2300 each time constantly for 5 seconds. Now granted Jabroga can cause blow away, but there are very few missions where it's necessary to use Jabroga without first dumping a trap real quick or blowing enemies away only a short distance, such as into a wall or confined hall way where TD can finish them in one sweep.

Obviously, shotgun has higher theoretical DPS than Majarra definitely for a single target, but in order to have higher against two targets, you need to have much more ideal positioning for shotgun than Majarra. Majarra has probably 5-6x more wiggle room since as you obviously know Majarra has a completely oversized hit box.

Now for Falz form 1, GM has the potential to be done first. No argument there. However, the rest of the mission heavily favors FM including the 2nd form. Reason being is you're now comparing shotgun DPS to Jabroga DPS, and especially when his tail is drawn in where shotgun is only hitting one part for full damage, and another half which also has extremely high DFP meaning you're only hitting for about 800 and 300 respectively equating to around 5000 DPS. Jabroga the entire fight can hit either 5 targets for half damage or 2 targets for normal damage and 2-3 targets for half damage. Now add in the fact that Jabroga has the potential (and isn't very difficult) to be charged for a number of positions where if Falz's tail moves you can still land your Jabroga to connect with 4-5 targets. Plus when he turns upside down, FM is severely favored as you can charge that first Jabroga on the opposite side of his initial flip to land right when he gets there, then trigger his laser by standing in front of him hence allowing another 2-3 Jabrogas before he does his body slam upon which you can charge yet another Jabroga to land and still hit 4 targets one of which is for full damage.

All in all, FM still dominates this Dark God lol.

Also on a side note, I meant it when I said FM TA killed GM TA for me Kef, but for quite different reasons than TD. I find the technical challenges of FM and potential faster times as a result much more enticing than the mind numbing TD spam most people associate with FM.

Quatre52
Jan 10, 2010, 02:07 PM
really looking forward to getting back on and trying out some of these runs.....if it wasn't for Army of TWO coming out tuesday, i'd get back on tonight..
(honestly, cant bring myself to renew knowing i'll be hooked on army of two for the next couple of weeks anyways)

pikachief
Jan 10, 2010, 03:36 PM
This is my FAVORITE boss, but I have only seen him change element once in like 20 boss fights now :/ (me and 1 other can kill him faster than he can switch lol)

I think he he changed elements VERY often, he would be the awesome tough last boss we need ^^

But yes other than him dying to fast he's AMAZING! <3

milranduil
Jan 10, 2010, 05:00 PM
This is my FAVORITE boss, but I have only seen him change element once in like 20 boss fights now :/ (me and 1 other can kill him faster than he can switch lol)

I think he he changed elements VERY often, he would be the awesome tough last boss we need ^^

But yes other than him dying to fast he's AMAZING! <3

Even if he changed every 30 seconds, it still wouldn't be very hard, at least for an FM to kill him. Just swap entire action palette to axe set...good to go lololol.

PepperCat
Jan 10, 2010, 06:25 PM
Even if he changed every 30 seconds, it still wouldn't be very hard, at least for an FM to kill him. Just swap entire action palette to axe set...good to go lololol.

Yeah the few times that I've played the mission I've noticed its been a bit too fast of a kill... XD

Hrith
Jan 10, 2010, 07:16 PM
Let's look at Jabroga vs Laser. With an ideal axe, you'll average 7200-7300 on Jabroga for 10 hits over a span of roughly 5 seconds meaning 72,000 damage / 5 second= 14,000 DPS.JA Jabroga on FM is more like 6 seconds. It's over 7 on PT/FF.

Even my male beast barely manages 7,000 damage with a 46% axe, I wonder what you're using...

So let's say 12,000 DPS for Anga Jabroga, assuming you do get all 10 hits -- which is very rare, actually, most of the time Jabroga is used on four targets, meaning 9,600 DPS is a much more relevant average number.

On five targets, lasers would do 2,100 (my damage, maybe you can do better) / 0.8 x 5 = 13,125

On six targets, they'd do 2,100 / 0.8 x 6 = 15,750.

But I do know Anga Jabroga will kill faster most of the time, you'd need to be stupidly lucky for five monsters to align enough to be in the path of a laser. Four happens quite often, though, and is still 10,500 DPS.

Another minor advantage of lasers is that they do not overkill. If a monster has 12,000 HP and you kill it with Anga Jabroga doing over 14,000, that's a 2,000 HP worth of damage lasers will not have to deal (that was particularly true when we were fighting monsters several tens of levels below ours).

Obviously, shotgun has higher theoretical DPS than Majarra definitely for a single target, but in order to have higher against two targets, you need to have much more ideal positioning for shotgun than Majarra. Majarra has probably 5-6x more wiggle room since as you obviously know Majarra has a completely oversized hit box.IIRC, shotguns on one target have higher DPS than Dus Majarra on two targets.
I think I had posted that a while ago, but too lazy to do a forum search.

(...)I have just played this mission, at last (male beast Fighmaster). The first form took me four dockings, I'd like to know how you and Ellipsis can kill it in two >_>
The second form was no problem at all as FM, just the cheap moves that can kill in one hit a character with over 4500 HP...
I trust your information to be correct, but I know that double shooting Dulk Fakis gave an edge to GM. Dark Falz moves a lot more, though, giving a clear advantage to FM, as if they needed it.

Also on a side note, I meant it when I said FM TA killed GM TA for me Kef, but for quite different reasons than TD. I find the technical challenges of FM and potential faster times as a result much more enticing than the mind numbing TD spam most people associate with FM.Well, most of your or Deragonite's vids are full of that TD spam :wacko:

I really hate TD in time attack runs, I'll always consider it cheating, and I'll always grumble about it >=/

Well, one thing is certain, whether it be your videos or your posts on forums, you do not fail to communicate the pleasure you take in running those missions.

milranduil
Jan 10, 2010, 09:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v-oL8uL6hc
5.23 seconds to be precise with JA swing. I made it a while ago to compare potential Jabroga vs Limit Break DPS, but it works just the same :p

I use 46%-50% Zagzas and Bil de Axes, along with 50% ice okanoh. The okanoh hits about 7000-7100, Zagza averages 7100-7300 while 50% Ground Bil varies from 7000-7800 which is still 7400 average. 50% Zagza averages around 7450 (5/10 at that). 12,000 is pretty low DPS for Jabroga lol. 10 targets @ 6k...I still averaged 6800 with 46% Bil at lvl 150 >_> 2100 is reasonable, and TBH near the high end unless you have 10/10 AC (lolxblawck). I'd say 7k Jabroga is equivalent to that in terms of higher end damage but not potentially max. Ellipsis does average 7500 with her 7/7+ 50% Axes and like hell will I use those numbers lolz.

Majarra combo 1+2 takes roughly 4 seconds, a little under from watching a few random clips in my WB run (first is against Komazli if interested in timing it yourself). Majarra is still higher against 2 targets than shotgun vs single if you grind the numbers.

As far as Falz/Fakis is concerned, during Protector's Delta, Falz was able to be killed by FM in a single docking at half HP (Lvl 160 IIRC) so it's a reasonable guess that two dockings are required for S2 atm. I know Ellipsis said she managed it in two dockings a few times somewhere I don't know where though lol. For form 2, double shooting I would say more evens out the playing ground, but FM is going to be the faster killer, perhaps only by a little. The only case where GM will win is if as FM you miss a lot of your Jabs, block a lot without a JC, or Fakis/Falz moves around too much to land Jabrogas effectively (such as tail swipe going back and forth too close to the FM). GM benefits from any of these for the most part as you just get back up and continue double shotting. Ideally though, FM definitely wins. Ellipsis and I will be bring likely a duo video tomorrow night (again provided I don't get stuck in San Francisco on the way back and an earthquake doesn't kill me en route @_@).

Oh and our videos might be full of TD spam sure. But it's not the reason I TA as FM lol.

Anonomous
Jan 10, 2010, 09:27 PM
Gunners Spam so much more than FM.

Lazor, Shotgun, Lazor, Shotgun, Rifle, Lazor, Shotgun, Lazor, Shotgun, Lazor...

And they all have the same movement except they fire different bullets out. I'm sorry but that is boring to me. I like the excessive movement and flashiness of FM.

At least FM is like this:

TD, Freeze, Jab, Rabado, TD, Jab, Jab, Majarra, TD, Jab, Spiral...

There's a lot more variety with FM.

As far as DPS. I believe GM's have the highest DPS in the game. However, it is offset because most of FM's DPS includes forward movement, which saves time.

These numbers are all very rough. For example, Majarra and Jabroga carry you roughly .75 seconds worth of walking time. TD travels you around 3 seconds worth of walking time. So in every lazor spamfest you engage in, the FM will have killed the spawn in about the same time with Jabroga and have moved forward towards the end of the map as well. This offsets the advantage GM might have over FM in DPS in most situations.

As for killing Falz in 2 dockings, it requires luck. Good luck doing it~! Or you could watch my Protectors Delta 11:00 minute run to see how I kill the 1/2 life 160 Falz in 1 docking ;)

milranduil
Jan 10, 2010, 09:34 PM

And they all have the same movement except they fire different bullets out. I'm sorry but that is boring to me. I like the excessive movement and flashiness of FM.

As far as DPS. I believe GM's have the highest DPS in the game. However, it is offset because most of FM's DPS includes forward movement, which saves time.

These numbers are all very rough. For example, Majarra and Jabroga carry you roughly .75 seconds worth of walking time. TD travels you around 3 seconds worth of walking time. So in every lazor spamfest you engage in, the FM will have killed the spawn in about the same time with Jabroga and have moved forward towards the end of the map as well. This offsets the advantage GM might have over FM in DPS in most situations.

As for killing Falz in 2 dockings, it requires luck. Good luck doing it~! Or you could watch my Protectors Delta 11:00 minute run to see how I kill the 1/2 life 160 Falz in 1 docking ;)
lol I had no clue who this was...then I saw "Rabado" and 11:00 Delta and knew it was you lol. Oh and the fact that you posted at the exact same time as me >_____> You spelled anonymous wrong too lol

Anonomous
Jan 10, 2010, 09:44 PM
Yes I am aware I spelled Anonomous wrong because Anonymous was taken :(

milranduil
Jan 10, 2010, 09:45 PM
Yes I am aware I spelled Anonomous wrong because Anonymous was taken :(

Waaaht D: No fun :(

Cloudstrife xx
Jan 10, 2010, 11:22 PM

Well said.
Im guessing this is Drexin?
Bobby Currently my 50% Light Ank Zagza 10/10 is hitting between 7.7k-8.1k with my male cast Fighmaster with it consistantly hitting 7.9k mark <3 Zagza's

Zeek123
Jan 10, 2010, 11:41 PM

And gunner is more of a party class. I hate it when people pull that crap and go away. It's no fun.

milranduil
Jan 10, 2010, 11:42 PM
Well said.
Im guessing this is Drexin?
Bobby Currently my 50% Light Ank Zagza 10/10 is hitting between 7.7k-8.1k with my male cast Fighmaster with it consistantly hitting 7.9k mark <3 Zagza's

Yeah Ellipsis lets me borrow her 50% 9/9 Ground Bil de Axe which hits anywhere from 7.2k to 7.9k lol.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jan 11, 2010, 04:08 AM
Hiya

I found Falz really easy, I was expecting this whole S2 level to be really difficult but it wasn't at all. I found I could tank through the level with my level 138 Fortefighter with ease. Ikk hikk was of the biggest help to me I found and I was quite surprised how little megid spells (except falz's) were hruting me when I have a light Yiel Line equipped. Still need to do more spamming though until I find some decent items.

Tifa

Max B
Jan 11, 2010, 06:36 AM
I want to say something about this....

There are those that said this day will never happen... Where are they to say so, now? (Cookie for the reference)

I mean seriously, I remember:

"Dark God S2 will never replace White Beast S2" If they're saying that now, they're an idiot, imo.

"Armas Line > Red Line" "Red Line's eva means it's horrible for FM" Only those who do not understand the concept of JUST counter, seriously. It's not my fault if you love to spam Jabroken. Also, From what I've been told by the users of the very few Red lines, is that they supposedly give a nice boost to EVERYTHING, including Stamina. Now while I myself have not confirmed this, that would mean it still gives end. (Not sure how many) But if it's 4+, then what are you to say about that Red Line haters.

And other riff raff about it's not great yada yada. Looks like they all stfu and are also running that mission too.

And while we're on the subject; Dark Falz. You are indeed worthy of being known as the Final Boss. I lol'd at the guy who went in with a 25 Armas dark and a Viijeri Rainbow only for it to go light, and one-shot. I lol'd, until it went red; because I had Ice armor. >.> Anyways, This might be a challenge for small parties But enough Jabrogas and it'll fall. It IS MUCH harder than any other boss 'll give it that. and that Divine Punishment; has anyone even found a way around that move yet?
I would lol @ you because his Armor actualy protected him throught the mission.. Also he dies so qucik it does not even matter if you have dark armor on

Max B
Jan 11, 2010, 06:37 AM

I retract my statment

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jan 11, 2010, 06:41 AM
I've yet to be hit by the Divine Punishment attack but I think its luck I get knocked back by the tail when he shifts place and then he casts the Divine Punshiment and i'm well out of range, so I just stick to attacking the tail wherever possible as the Divine Punishment seem to be cast from and surrounds its main body.

desturel
Jan 11, 2010, 08:33 AM
I've yet to be hit by the Divine Punishment attack

Just FYI when I was soloing as a Masterforce, the Divine Punishment hit me for 5132 on a crit. This was one of the stray beams BTW, not the center portion which is probably constant damage.

Delete
Jan 11, 2010, 08:59 AM
Wow, judging by all these posts, this must be worth a try for real. A boss that's actually a challenge just may be what I need to get back into this game...for a day or 2 :-)

desturel
Jan 11, 2010, 11:04 AM
A boss that's actually a challenge just may be what I need to get back into this game...for a day or 2 :-)

The challenge completely depends on the number of people in your party and what class you are playing. If you are looking for a challenge for a party of six, then this wouldn't be the reason for you to return.

Darklighter
Jan 11, 2010, 11:35 AM
I soloed it as a wartecher so I doubt there is any challenge no matter what you play as.

desturel
Jan 11, 2010, 12:20 PM
Believe it or not, Wartecher isn't a hard class to solo as.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Jan 11, 2010, 01:40 PM
Believe it or not, Wartecher isn't a hard class to solo as.
No but its still 1 of the weakest classes, so if you can do it as a wartecher you can do it easily with the other classes.

desturel
Jan 11, 2010, 02:38 PM
if you can do it as a wartecher you can do it easily with the other classes.

Again, not true. Wartecher has options that some other classes do not have. Fight the bosses as a Masterforce, then fight the bosses as a Wartecher and tell me which class has an easier time.

stinkyfish97
Jan 11, 2010, 02:49 PM
Im going to have to agree. I like versitility I have always played versitile classes. I play PT mostly and people think that they are not a good soling class. They just dont know how to take advantage of what PT's have thats all because although I may not be able to run into a room charging in like a full on FF or FM if I am soloing I can take my time lay a trap and then jabroga an entire mob, and a few quick shotgun blasts and the room is cleared. So it takes me a few extra minutes to run a mission, doesnt matter much. All I am saying is there is a price to pay to be versitle just as there is a price to pay to be an absolute damage seeker. If you learn the in's and outs of how to play each class you will be must successful. Personally I find it quite easy to solo as PT, I do have missions I do hate though, Maggas Maganna missions seem to provide me the most trouble, robots and then that stupid boss.

FM, MF, GM all have it pretty easy in my count they have one purpose and one purpose only and that is to kill, their support is purly their ability to put damage on creatures quickly. FiG is a great asset to a party that has no gunners or is weak in the gunner department, PT is pretty much great to have in any party so long as they actually have taken the time to use more than just traps, AT and FT are just plan awesome to have when you can find one to join your party.

Every class has a mission or two that are a pain in the butt and I mean every class. Master Classes solo some missions faster than other classes but they will struggle in some situations, no class can do everything, well I guess WT can. lol. But like I was saying their is a trade off in certain things.

tadtwisted
Jan 11, 2010, 02:54 PM
Again, not true. Wartecher has options that some other classes do not have. Fight the bosses as a Masterforce, then fight the bosses as a Wartecher and tell me which class has an easier time.

This person brings up a valid point, Masterforce sucks when it comes to soloing missions especially when it has a boss battle. The amount of scapes i have used by getting one hit KO'd is insane. ( i know what your saying just evade the attack, but you try and level one of the gi- spells and not get hit )

stinkyfish97
Jan 11, 2010, 02:56 PM
Really though no class can complain because we are all way to overpowered/enemies are way to underpowered.

NiceOnes
Jan 11, 2010, 03:20 PM
I managed to solo Falz as a level 144 Cast Fortegunner. Other than the time invested I didn't have much of a problem however I did return to the lobby right before the fight to re-stock.

Might I mention that the time was well worth it as a [B] Killer Elite dropped after this first attempt?

Giddy-Up!

Delete
Jan 11, 2010, 06:10 PM
If you are looking for a challenge for a party of six, then this wouldn't be the reason for you to return.

I was being a bit sarcastic about actually returning for just a boss, hence the "day or 2" remark. :wacko:

WHlTEKNIGHT
Jan 11, 2010, 06:20 PM
Again, not true. Wartecher has options that some other classes do not have. Fight the bosses as a Masterforce, then fight the bosses as a Wartecher and tell me which class has an easier time. If your going to quote something atleast read what you cut out .
I said its 1 of the weakest classes..................

Volcompat321
Jan 11, 2010, 06:31 PM
I solo'd Falz as MF13(14maybe) level 156, and I still beat him easily.
The first form was harder, because it was harder to hit, but after I beat him, the second form wasn't that tough.

desturel
Jan 11, 2010, 06:59 PM
If your going to quote something atleast read what you cut out .
I said its 1 of the weakest classes..................

So give me your class ranks, so I don't have to guess at your totally ambiguous statement.

I solo'd Falz as MF13(14maybe) level 156, and I still beat him easily.
The first form was harder, because it was harder to hit, but after I beat him, the second form wasn't that tough.

And how much time did it take you to complete this solo run as a MF13? You can replace the word "hard" with "needlessly time consuming" if you so choose.

Volcompat321
Jan 11, 2010, 07:08 PM
Took me about 15 minutes or so to do the mission, and another 10-15 for the boss/es.

Which wasn't bad, because the time I got when I was with a party of 4 was 40 minutes.
Though we were talking a lot of the time, and we had 2MF, 1 FM(this one is a maybe, I'm not sure if (s)he was FM), and me as FT for buffs.
Two of them were below 120, 1 at 102.

DragonStriker
Jan 11, 2010, 08:57 PM
Took me about 15 minutes or so to do the mission, and another 10-15 for the boss/es.

Which wasn't bad, because the time I got when I was with a party of 4 was 40 minutes.
Though we were talking a lot of the time, and we had 2MF, 1 FM(this one is a maybe, I'm not sure if (s)he was FM), and me as FT for buffs.
Two of them were below 120, 1 at 102.

On 360 as a 170 M CAST GunMaster 20 I was doing runs in about 18 minutes using a level 16 light rifle and level 42 light shotgun. I have heard of some 12-14 mintute GM runs on the 360 aswell, I think Dragon has a 12 minute pic on the official forums. This mission really isn't that hard and the bosses aren't either, I still have only seen the boss change element like twice.

desturel
Jan 11, 2010, 11:35 PM

I'm calling BS right here. 10 minutes to finish Dark Fish as a Masterforce? What are you using? It certainly isn't noszonde or foie.

milranduil
Jan 12, 2010, 12:21 AM
Alright just gave the mission a couple shots myself...this mission is a joke lol. I was a little annoyed the first run, but after doing a few more, I managed to solidify a lot of tactics, including killing Fish in 2 dockings consistently with ease. I'd say 11 is definitely doable with 10 as a possibility as FM solo.

XbikXBd
Jan 12, 2010, 12:53 AM
I'm calling BS right here. 10 minutes to finish Dark Fish as a Masterforce? What are you using? It certainly isn't noszonde or foie.

lol i just did it under 30mins as Masterforce lv 20 135neuman female all iused was radiga nos megid and diga at form 2 yes it is doable with and with out sup update too lol you probibly just need better tech stuff lol

xBULLYDOGG
Jan 12, 2010, 06:57 AM
Probably needs to ask how and with what, instead of saying no and thats BS

Max B
Jan 12, 2010, 07:05 AM
I pwned this mission in 8mins on my Cast Masterforce... but thats because Im pro :P

desturel
Jan 12, 2010, 07:53 AM
you probibly just need better tech stuff lol

All spells 50. 10/10 and 9/9 Psycho wands. Pushan 10/10. As far as I'm aware there are no "better tech stuff" out there at the moment.

Also lol at nosmegid and radiga. I know you're just trolling.

Delete
Jan 12, 2010, 08:06 AM
Noob question from me since I still haven't had time to get on, but does beating him give you the last achievement (for 360 of course) ?

desturel
Jan 12, 2010, 08:06 AM
Probably needs to ask how and with what, instead of saying no and thats BS

No, I'm saying BS. You try it and come back and let me know if they aren't just trolling.

Volcompat321
Jan 12, 2010, 08:14 AM

Haha I love how you're calling me out.

All spells 50. 10/10 and 9/9 Psycho wands. Pushan 10/10. As far as I'm aware there are no "better tech stuff" out there at the moment.

There's not really any better, but it's not all the gear, it's the player sometimes.
I'll take pics of the time next time I get on.

I don't even have that good of tech stuff.
8/8's 9/9's and 0/10's lol.

I used a Granahodorac/Pushan 0/10 both with Radiga(31+)/Gidiga(41+). (I'm leveling it up)
Used foie/diga on the scorpions.

Used Foie/Diga(mostly foie) for the first form of the boss.
The first boss took about 9 minutes, and the second form took about 3-5 or so.

I don't need to prove this, but I will, since I don't like being called a liar.

desturel
Jan 12, 2010, 08:16 AM
Used Foie/Diga(mostly foie) for the first form of the boss.
The first boss took about 9 minutes, and the second form took about 3-5 or so.

Second form time I agree with. First form time is the one I have a problem with. I await your proof.

Volcompat321
Jan 12, 2010, 08:21 AM
Second form time I agree with. First form time is the one I have a problem with. I await your proof.

I don't see why that's hard to believe.
With a party, we've killed it in less than 2 minutes with no gunners.
Just got lucky on that one, I think, but it was still about 2 minutes.

No ones trolling.
I think you're either doing something wrong, or your times are way off.

It's honestly not even hard to do.
I bet you I can get even BETTER times than that with my 160/20GM
With light rifle only at 13, shotguns at 50 of course.
Though that's really not hard to do at all, and if it is, then someone is doing something wrong.

stinkyfish97
Jan 12, 2010, 08:56 AM
Need noszonde or nosmegid on that first form, should take him down fairly quick enough. The second form is a joke, same old same old were all used to with fakis.

XbikXBd
Jan 12, 2010, 10:21 AM

lol Sure and yes i have 2 10/10 psychos 1 10/10 pushan and 9/9 granahodora its not hard if you use Diga type spells and use a high lv nosmegid becuase of its reflects dam i do like 4k if my hp is down(which always is lol)

xBULLYDOGG
Jan 12, 2010, 11:05 AM
No, I'm saying BS. You try it and come back and let me know if they aren't just trolling.

I'll try it when I can be arsed to make a Masterforce and enjoy it, which wont be happening anytime soon or at all! What I meant by my post was stop coming of so negative and ask peeps how they are doing it so fast if they are. At least then when you try their methods, if they fail you can have a motive to calling other peoples claims BS. Untill then all I'm seeing is just plain up negativity.

Hrith
Jan 12, 2010, 01:23 PM
[axe damage]Well, I guess you must also use LPC and Armas Line ;s

Majarra combo 1+2 takes roughly 4 seconds, a little under from watching a few random clips in my WB run (first is against Komazli if interested in timing it yourself). Majarra is still higher against 2 targets than shotgun vs single if you grind the numbers.If you do not use the third part of Dus Majarra, the DPS suffers a bit (knockback, I know).
Of course, I have never timed skills on FM/AF, so I only know the times without any speed bonus.

I did grind the numbers using two of your own videos, it's 8,500 for the spear against two targets versus 6,800 for the shotgun against one target, so yeah, I must have compared both against one target last time, sorry about that.

[Dark Falz stuff]Well, I believe you, anyway, but I'd like to know the tactic used to kill Dark Fish in only two dockings.
Do you use an anticipated Anga Jabroga?
Which is better, Spiral Dance, Gravity Break or Dus Majarra? Consistently hitting two parts with Dus Majarra is great DPS, but hard to do.

desturel
Jan 12, 2010, 02:00 PM
At least then when you try their methods

There's surprisingly little technique in playing masterforce vs a boss.

For the first form noszonde when he's in the air. Foie when he's on the water. It's very straight forward. You can't use nosdiga since the edge of the boat stops the skill before it hits him. Dam-techs also don't hit (at least not with my size character. I don't know about taller techers). Your other choice is diga to replace foie and nosmegid to replace noszonde.

The main time difference between one masterforce and another masterforce would be how long he stays in the air and how often he docks since foie is better DPS than noszonde.

On the second form, some people would want to avoid using nosdiga since the four tentacles on Falz heal when hit them with techs. If you just stand right in front of the tail face, you should be able to hit him with anything you want. Diga, nosdiga, etc. But you have to watch out for the tail whip. You mainly want to throw diga at the face until he dies. You can also use regrant for a decent amount of damage, but that tends to kill you pretty quickly. Overall all masterforces should finish the second form in about the same amount of time solo baring an insane amount of crits or the lucky break of him changing to ice or lightning increasing the damage from foie or diga.

I'm not being negative. There just aren't a lot of options as a Masterforce to put variety in fighting a boss.

Meanwhile as a wartecher, you have a good variety of things available to do damage to Falz. I personally prefer knuckles and spears for form two. Cards and handguns for form one. Spear for when he docks.

milranduil
Jan 12, 2010, 02:22 PM
Well, I guess you must also use LPC and Armas Line ;s

If you do not use the third part of Dus Majarra, the DPS suffers a bit (knockback, I know).
Of course, I have never timed skills on FM/AF, so I only know the times without any speed bonus.

I did grind the numbers using two of your own videos, it's 8,500 for the spear against two targets versus 6,800 for the shotgun against one target, so yeah, I must have compared both against one target last time, sorry about that.

Well, I believe you, anyway, but I'd like to know the tactic used to kill Dark Fish in only two dockings.
Do you use an anticipated Anga Jabroga?
Which is better, Spiral Dance, Gravity Break or Dus Majarra? Consistently hitting two parts with Dus Majarra is great DPS, but hard to do.

Spiral Dance on form 1. I can very consistently take him down in two dockings with it. One strategy is to charge spiral on one of the end buttons so that when he gets near enough to hit him, combo 3 of it hits him immediately. Other than that, it's pretty straightforward lol.

Hrith
Jan 12, 2010, 04:06 PM
All right, I thought Gravity Break had better 1v1 DPS, maybe on JP ;s

Well, I'll try three dockings, I'm not exactly as powerful as you (and I use a beast, lol).

There's a lot more variety with FM.wat?
If you add Virus and Burn traps for GM, which I do use, it's the same 'variety'.

It's not that I disagree with you, but your point is far-fetched.
I have always found rangers a lot more fun, anyway.

milranduil
Jan 12, 2010, 04:32 PM
>_> You can hit 2 targets on Falz with Spiral...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT2lMEmqdco
You can't see the numbers from her camera being pointed away, but she's doing damage to both as the shell breaks off at the same time and you can kind of see the "flicks" of flesh I guess being hit is the best way I can put it lol.

xBULLYDOGG
Jan 12, 2010, 04:59 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]There's surprisingly little technique in playing masterforce vs a boss.

For the first form noszonde when he's in the air. Foie when he's on the water. It's very straight forward. You can't use nosdiga since the edge of the boat stops the skill before it hits him. Dam-techs also don't hit (at least not with my size character. I don't know about taller techers). Your other choice is diga to replace foie and nosmegid to replace noszonde.

The main time difference between one masterforce and another masterforce would be how long he stays in the air and how often he docks since foie is better DPS than noszonde.

On the second form, some people would want to avoid using nosdiga since the four tentacles on Falz heal when hit them with techs. If you just stand right in front of the tail face, you should be able to hit him with anything you want. Diga, nosdiga, etc. But you have to watch out for the tail whip. You mainly want to throw diga at the face until he dies. You can also use regrant for a decent amount of damage, but that tends to kill you pretty quickly. Overall all masterforces should finish the second form in about the same amount of time solo baring an insane amount of crits or the lucky break of him changing to ice or lightning increasing the damage from foie or diga.

I'm not being negative. There just aren't a lot of options as a Masterforce to put variety in fighting a boss.

Meanwhile as a wartecher, you have a good variety of things available to do damage to Falz. I personally prefer knuckles and spears for form two. Cards and handguns for form one. Spear for when he docks.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Now that seems more positive.

stinkyfish97
Jan 12, 2010, 05:27 PM
Yes when I solo this guy as a FiG I use guns while he is in the air and then whip out a slicer, I used to use a 9-9 46% kubiri-hiken and when he was skimming the water swaying his tail. Id use the ultimate PA for the slicer, once you get used to it you can absolutly own enemies as a beast, I cant even imagine how quickly youd disperse mobs as a beast FF with 50% 10-10 slicer, but anyways when he skims the water you can hit over 4500 on his tail, well thats back when I was a 140 beast FiG 20, so now I could see people hitting up in the 5000 range maybe even higher as a FF.

Actually I am going back to building up my slicer collection, I wanna get some 40+ Stec Slicers for the extra PP but unfortunatly they are expensive as all hell and the highest percent on the market is like 30 something, guess people just dont think they are that good but looking at the 10-10 stats they give the kubiri a run for the money in damage and what not but have a lot more PP. So my second option is to just mass synth the Kubiri's like I did like a year and a half ago back when the board you couldnt buy except from player shops, I was buying them for like 250000 back then, now Ill find the occasional one up for less than 100000.

One thing about slicers when you get really good with them, the slicer still hasnt been completly fixed if you are far enough away, far enough to where the first part of the move hasnt hit enemies before you swing that last part, the first part will do the same damage as the last part. So that ultimate I was hitting like 1500 the first part and 4500 the second, when timed properly the first part will hit 4500 just like the second part. pretty good trick once you get used to the awkwardness of the move but it can be devestating, Its a great trick on the mother brains arms, I was taking those down real quick maybe not as quick as a MF or any techer class with diga but still I was wacking her for a good 2500 back a long while back.

Anywhoo goodluck and remember to try everything, if you are a FF or a FiG or and AT bust out them slicers to put a real hurting on that Falz rear end when he trys skimming the water, he will think twice about it the next time. lol.

Paegan
Jan 12, 2010, 06:54 PM
Yet another reskin thats weak as F**K, ah well PSU i still love you. Any word on the next event or a level cap raise?

Deragonite
Jan 12, 2010, 08:52 PM
Here is a 12 minute Dark God S2 run as Fighmaster. Maybe it'll help you out a bit KEF.

PSU - Dark God S2 Solo FM Speed Run (12:50)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5z6bp2xQNY

Sorry I had to speed up the Dark Fish fight to cram it under the 11:00 restriction. Also, you'll see how I kill Dark Fish in 2.2 dockings (arg lol block Jab + failed JA afterwards).

I am posting this because I don't plan to run this mission again to target 10:XX.

Volcompat321
Jan 13, 2010, 12:46 AM
There's surprisingly little technique in playing masterforce vs a boss.

Says the guy calling peoples time BS.

desturel
Jan 13, 2010, 01:16 AM
Says the guy calling peoples time BS.

Still waiting on that proof.

BTW, while I wait:
The damage to a Male Neuman level 170 MF20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lex9ODN3Ao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwJCo2M49rU

XbikXBd
Jan 13, 2010, 01:34 AM

I would but sadly i play on xbox and well i dont have a good capture card:-? or cam lol but i can try for one of my friends to for me!?!

Volcompat321
Jan 13, 2010, 01:41 AM

I've been kinda busy.
Haven't even been home long enough to sleep the last few days.
My sister is moving, so I was helping.

The mission is there for good, so I have plenty of time.

desturel
Jan 13, 2010, 01:57 AM
The mission is there for good, so I have plenty of time.

Certainly, but will you be a:

MF13(14maybe) level 156, and I still beat him easily.

XbikXBd
Jan 13, 2010, 11:14 AM

BTW, while I wait:

I pray that thos warnt your cher. because well.....lol
and epic fail with male numan too

desturel
Jan 13, 2010, 11:26 AM
I pray that thos warnt your cher. because well.....lol
and epic fail with male numan too

Yup, those were my character. A friend (the other person in the party in that video.. notice they aren't in the boss fight with me however) wanted to know how much damage I took from various attacks, so I walked around and got hit by pretty much everything. Not only that, but I also demonstrated what techs work and what techs don't work on both of the Falz versions. So I did things like Gi-techs Dam-techs Ra-techs, etc to show what does and doesn't hit.

Unfortunately I had my virus scanner on at the time and the most of the video didn't capture. But I can put up the bits and pieces of what did capture. I tend not to have my Xbox hooked up to my computer because the capture card I have only captures 4:3 interlaced video which gives me a headache after a while. Also, since I don't have the same view in 4:3 as I normally have in 16:9, I make more mistakes. :P

BTW, you are also one I'm calling BS on. Gib proof. 10 minutes on Dark Fish. Evidence please.

Deragonite
Jan 13, 2010, 12:27 PM
I don't know that much about MF, but to me 10 minutes doesn't sound too outrageous.

Dark Fish has like I dunno 300k life? That's like 200 castings of Noszonde? Each cast is like 3 seconds, and if you use only Noszonde (there will be ample opportunity for you be doing higher DPS with Foie/Diga/whatever) it'll take 600 seconds = 10 minutes.

desturel
Jan 13, 2010, 12:49 PM
I don't know that much about MF, but to me 10 minutes doesn't sound too outrageous.

Dark Fish has like I dunno 300k life? That's like 200 castings of Noszonde? Each cast is like 3 seconds, and if you use only Noszonde (there will be ample opportunity for you be doing higher DPS with Foie/Diga/whatever) it'll take 600 seconds = 10 minutes.

1) Noszonde doesn't lock onto Dark Fish immediately. If you let go too soon, it won't hit him at all.
2) If he hit you while you are casting or if you block, noszonde explodes and doesn't do any damage to him.
3) Depending on how far out Dark Fish is and how much he moves around, noszonde may not lock onto him at all. Believe it or not, he doesn't exactly sit in the same location and wait for you to hit him.
4) As a level 156 Female Neuman MF13(14maybe) half of Dark Fish's attacks will OHKO you so it's not like you can just tank the hits and keep going. You're going to have to dodge which will increase your time.

The real world doesn't exactly work by calculations. Once one of them posts a video of this 10 minute run, I will stop talking.

I can post what I have of the video where I was showing off various techs and their relative effectiveness vs. the Fish. Also the amount of damage taken from Dark Fish's attacks to give an idea of what can and can't be done. Obviously it's not a speed run as it was meant to show one person, but it can give you an idea. It's also chunky (thanks virus scanner) and has no audio (can be fixed with my own music), but I want to see these master runs that they have going since they seem willing, but not willing to provide evidence.

Took me about 15 minutes or so to do the mission, and another 10-15 for the boss/es

10~15 minutes for both bosses is what was said.

XbikXBd
Jan 13, 2010, 01:19 PM
1) Noszonde doesn't lock onto Dark Fish immediately. If you let go too soon, it won't hit him at all.
2) If he hit you while you are casting or if you block, noszonde explodes and doesn't do any damage to him.
3) Depending on how far out Dark Fish is and how much he moves around, noszonde may not lock onto him at all. Believe it or not, he doesn't exactly sit in the same location and wait for you to hit him.
4) As a level 156 Female Neuman MF13(14maybe) half of Dark Fish's attacks will OHKO you so it's not like you can just tank the hits and keep going. You're going to have to dodge which will increase your time.

The real world doesn't exactly work by calculations. Once one of them posts a video of this 10 minute run, I will stop talking.

I can post what I have of the video where I was showing off various techs and their relative effectiveness vs. the Fish. Also the amount of damage taken from Dark Fish's attacks to give an idea of what can and can't be done. Obviously it's not a speed run as it was meant to show one person, but it can give you an idea. It's also chunky (thanks virus scanner) and has no audio (can be fixed with my own music), but I want to see these master runs that they have going since they seem willing, but not willing to provide evidence.

again i would but no cap card. and i used nosmegid lv 47, radigalv50 all the way up and diga at form 2 and i use a 25 dark armas i always block i rarely get hit for any more then 300hp and form 2 can almost instakill me but if i am quick i can stay alive.

milranduil
Jan 13, 2010, 01:24 PM

Oy vey, if JP has maintenance tonight I will make an MF video vs falz JUST for you >_>

desturel
Jan 13, 2010, 01:55 PM
Oy vey, if JP has maintenance tonight I will make an MF video vs falz JUST for you >_>

Thanks. :)

desturel
Jan 13, 2010, 01:57 PM
again i would but no cap card.

You're on 360 right? I'll join your party and sit in the lobby. Or I can do the run with you and then wait outside while you fight the bosses.

xBULLYDOGG
Jan 13, 2010, 03:02 PM

And for me, i enjoy watching you vids

Volcompat321
Jan 13, 2010, 06:25 PM

BTW, while I wait:

What kind of armor were you wearing?
Cause I certainly don't take that much damage from any of those attacks.

Certainly, but will you be a:

Yes, seeing how I haven't had time to play.
I thought it was pretty obvious that I would still have the same stats.

You are impossible.
Because someone had better times than you could ever get, just casually playing.

ALSO, remember, techs on a PC can hit stuff that techs on a PS2/360 cant.

Just like fighting Mother Brain, I cant hit her arms with Diga on a PS2/3, but on a PC I can easily hit her arms with Diga.

Delete
Jan 13, 2010, 06:41 PM
@Desturel

I think your getting a little too serious about the time stuff. Like Vol said, It's the play style that matters.Also, every now and then, you gotta remember that bosses will act stupid and not attack you much which could also be the case.

milranduil
Jan 13, 2010, 08:22 PM
Why the hell aren't you wearing Cati or Vijeri/Rainbow for one at form 1? That's 15-20% elemental you're not wearing for the non-existent megid during form 1 >_>

desturel
Jan 13, 2010, 08:50 PM
What kind of armor were you wearing?
Cause I certainly don't take that much damage from any of those attacks.

30% Dark Armas Line (35% Dark if you include the Vijeri/Resist's 5% elemental bonus)
30% Light Hizeri-senba (Falz was light in the second clip)

Those weren't even crits BTW. Crits do a good amount more damage than that. The fish that Falz throws out when he's docking do about 600 points of damage each. The exploding pods do about 900 per pod and their explosions hit multiple times.

On the second form, the Divine Punishment attack does around 2400 to me as a Masterforce with the correct element armor and about 2200 to me as an Acrotecher with what amounts to be a neutral element armor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLiljUhfK-w

This would normally lead me to believe it's a non-elemental attack based on defense, however as I mentioned earlier I've taken a crit of well over 5000 from him before. My first run against him as a Masterforce (the one that took 1:10 minutes.. lol, I actually had ethan and bruce helping me on that one), he hit me with the attack while he was light and I was wearing dark armor and that's when I took the over 5000 attack. A crit would normally take a 2400 damage attack and make it 3600.

You are impossible.
Because someone had better times than you could ever get, just casually playing.

I will admit that I'm a pretty casual player, but I won't agree that I'm impossible. Impossible would be denying truth placed right before my eyes.

ALSO, remember, techs on a PC can hit stuff that techs on a PS2/360 cant.

Okay, then I'll ask some questions that would answer my questions. This is all in regards to form 1 (dark fish)

Noszonde (or nosmegid), does it hit him for damage if it explodes right next to him or does it actually have to lock onto the face? When I fight him, if it doesn't lock onto the face, it does no damage. It's a big waste of PP when you start blocking while he's doing his fish missles.

Nosdiga, in order for this to hit him while docked, you have to be right next to his pod. If you are even a step to the left or right, it won't hit at all. Also if you block, nosdiga fizzles (i.e. it does no damage), but you still have to wait for the animation to end. I remember someone on PC mentioning that even if you block nosdiga will continue as long as you continue to hold down the button.

Dam techs miss him completely while docked (again, I'm not sure if this is based on my character height or not).

Ra techs only hit one pod at a time (the exploding pods that he shots out from time to time. I'm pretty sure this isn't any different between servers, but I'm listing it anyway)

Gi techs only hit one pod at a time.

On another note, I remember seeing a few screen shots where the first form of Falz stunned your character, landed on the boat, and hit you for damage (he would engulf the character like a leech). The Xbox version use to have a similar attack, but he never landed on the boat itself, he would just float in the middle of the screen like he was standing in mid-air face down. I haven't seen that particular attack since I started doing this on S2. Does that attack still happen on PC and if so, can you hit him while he's face down on the boat?

Now I just did the run again for S&Gs (no NPC solo MF).
Mission Time 17 minutes (got the damn rare map with the overload of Orcadillian)
Form 1 time 18 minutes (lol, he only docked 3 times in 18 minutes. bastard)
Form 2 time 6 minutes (he changed to light and stayed light after the first minute, so dammegid worked just fine. It would have been longer if he stayed dark or switched to another element)

Most damage to form one was from noszonde. Sometimes foie when he would skim the water close enough to the raft, but most of the time he was content to stay out of foie range and up in the air.

Damage numbers for form 1 (w/ Har Smart and Retier level 2 from buff item):
Diga averages 2220 (pushan 10/10)
Foie averages 2150 (pushan 10/10)
Noszonde averages 2200 (Psycho Wand 9/9)
Nosdiga averages 1800 (Psycho Wand 10/10)

I just noticed I never tried Regrant on him as that might be better damage, but I rarely think of regrant if there aren't orcadillian on the screen.

milranduil
Jan 13, 2010, 09:38 PM
My first attempt at the mission yielded this

0:12 - At boss transport
0:13 - Loaded Form 1
0:20 - Loaded Form 2
0:26 - Finished

I had a very bad form 2...dark then he switched to ground meaning Diga/Nosdiga->Foie >_> I also noticed that while he has less DFP than Fakis, he has a lot more MST as my Nosdiga only hit around 1k to most of his parts except the yellow part which hit for 1400.

Not really sure if I feel like making a 14 min video of a boss fight...

Keilyn
Jan 13, 2010, 11:40 PM
I read several pages on this thread already (Around 9 of them so far) and came upon a post about Anga Jabroga.

Anga Jabroga going critical takes 6 - 7 seconds (This variation exists for the time you are in the air slamming the ground). This also counts the time after Jabroga finishes in order for you to regain control of your character. You can do more damage in some situations on Redda/Dugrega by skipping the critical and going straight for combo 2 + 3 critical you can actually out DPS Anga Jabroga.

Here is a page I wrote about Potential Fighmaster PAs and power comparisons.

http://www.smashmybrain.com/smb/psupa.html

Please Note: I am not taking sides here...Just providing information and insight. The main argument doesn't concern me.

milranduil
Jan 14, 2010, 12:16 AM
I read several pages on this thread already (Around 9 of them so far) and came upon a post about Anga Jabroga.

Anga Jabroga going critical takes 6 - 7 seconds (This variation exists for the time you are in the air slamming the ground). This also counts the time after Jabroga finishes in order for you to regain control of your character. You can do more damage in some situations on Redda/Dugrega by skipping the critical and going straight for combo 2 + 3 critical you can actually out DPS Anga Jabroga.

Here is a page I wrote about Potential Fighmaster PAs and power comparisons.

http://www.smashmybrain.com/smb/psupa.html

Please Note: I am not taking sides here...Just providing information and insight. The main argument doesn't concern me.

>_> I timed it myself...it's 5.23 for a JA jab and land and regain control...posiblly 5.25 but I did it frame by frame when I made the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v-oL8uL6hc

desturel
Jan 14, 2010, 12:43 AM
My first attempt at the mission yielded this

0:12 - At boss transport

Depending on the map, I've gotten to the transport at 0:14 so I can easily see this. (especially since I pick up stuff where as you probably do not)

0:13 - Loaded Form 1
0:20 - Loaded Form 2

This is the thing I want to see. 7 min for Form 1. I tried with Regrant, which hits him for about 2000 points per tick, when he docks and for the pods, but still I'm getting 14~15 minutes (plus I killed myself a few times... stupid exploding pods). I doubt even if I added NPCs (Bruce, Ethen, Tylor, Magashi) that they would shave off any time on form 1.

0:26 - Finished

6 minutes to finish form 2 is the same amount of time I got on the run I did earlier and the run I did just now.

I had a very bad form 2...dark then he switched to ground meaning Diga/Nosdiga->Foie >_>

The ground element switch normally takes my Form 2 time from 5~6 minutes to 7~8. That would be 2 minutes slower than you are getting with the ground element change. I don't believe a 2 minute difference can be explained by just the difference in Tech power between a female neuman (2580 TP) and a male neuman (2521 TP), but I'll find out when I watch your video (if you upload the form 2 fight that is).

You use Foie after he switches to ground? I normally switch to Dammegid since my foie doesn't hit his orange area unless he's on the platform (difference between PC and Xbox?). Dammegid will hit his arm which keeps me at a good distance from his tail and does constant damage that I don't have to aim. (why can dam techs hit his arms in mid air, but can't hit Dark Fish while he's docked?)

I also noticed that while he has less DFP than Fakis, he has a lot more MST as my Nosdiga only hit around 1k to most of his parts except the yellow part which hit for 1400.

Nosdiga for me hits for 850~900 to the body and 1250~1300 to the yellow part. Meanwhile dammegid normally hits for around 1450 to the yellow part and the arms when he's not dark and 2300 when he's light. When he's lightning I normally switch between nosdiga and damdiga. When he's fire dambarta tends to cause slowdown so many times I'll just stick to nosdiga and diga. Damfoie/Foie for when he's ice.

Not really sure if I feel like making a 14 min video of a boss fight...

Just give me the 7 minute Form 1 video since that's the main problem I'm having with other people's accounts of the run. The mission itself and form 2 are both things I don't have a complaint about as far as time.

milranduil
Jan 14, 2010, 12:53 AM
Argh guess I'll make a vid of form 1...give me a bit while I do it.

EDIT: Due to technical difficulties, this is going to have to wait...I don't know why but I can't even record on lower settings without losing CPU in this mission...not as FM or MF or GM.

Volcompat321
Jan 14, 2010, 11:18 AM
Noszonde (or nosmegid).
Didn't use either.
I don't even have them equipped.

Nosdiga.
I can hit a pod 3 times, no matter where I stand(as long as I'm up close obviously).
Correct, when you are hit/block, Nosdiga does no damage.
You wont have to worry about hitting or blocking, seeing how he doesn't attack after he's as close as he can be.

Dam techs miss him completely while docked (again, I'm not sure if this is based on my character height or not).

Dam techs do not miss him.
I can hit my 31+ Dambarta 2 pods.
I'm not abnormally small, or tall.
I'm "normal" height. Which isn't saying much, since a lot people have small characters.

Ra techs only hit one pod at a time (the exploding pods that he shots out from time to time. I'm pretty sure this isn't any different between servers, but I'm listing it anyway)

Gi techs only hit one pod at a time.

Wouldn't waste my time on Ra or Gi techs. Too slow, and even at high levels wont hit that hard.

On another note, I remember seeing a few screen shots where the first form of Falz stunned your character, landed on the boat, and hit you for damage (he would engulf the character like a leech). The Xbox version use to have a similar attack, but he never landed on the boat itself, he would just float in the middle of the screen like he was standing in mid-air face down. I haven't seen that particular attack since I started doing this on S2. Does that attack still happen on PC and if so, can you hit him while he's face down on the boat?

I wore a stun resist, mainly because I didn't know what I was going into, and I don't have/use a rainbow unit.
I have a 36%+ Dark Armas, I kept it equipped the whole time, no matter which element.
Not sure about this floating in the middle of the boat thing.
If you mean when he's circling, then no, you cant hit hit while he does that, I think I even tried with a shotgun with my GM.
You can easily avoid getting hurt by this.

Now I just did the run again for S&Gs (no NPC solo MF).
Mission Time 17 minutes (got the damn rare map with the overload of Orcadillian)
Form 1 time 18 minutes (lol, he only docked 3 times in 18 minutes. bastard)
Form 2 time 6 minutes (he changed to light and stayed light after the first minute, so dammegid worked just fine. It would have been longer if he stayed dark or switched to another element)

Most damage to form one was from noszonde. Sometimes foie when he would skim the water close enough to the raft, but most of the time he was content to stay out of foie range and up in the air.

Damage numbers for form 1 (w/ Har Smart and Retier level 2 from buff item):
Diga averages 2220 (pushan 10/10)
Foie averages 2150 (pushan 10/10)
Noszonde averages 2200 (Psycho Wand 9/9)
Nosdiga averages 1800 (Psycho Wand 10/10)

I just noticed I never tried Regrant on him as that might be better damage, but I rarely think of regrant if there aren't orcadillian on the screen.

Okay? :o

desturel
Jan 14, 2010, 01:01 PM
Didn't use either.
I don't even have them equipped.

Hmm, so you don't bother to hit him while he's in the air?

I can hit a pod 3 times, no matter where I stand(as long as I'm up close obviously).
Correct, when you are hit/block, Nosdiga does no damage.
You wont have to worry about hitting or blocking, seeing how he doesn't attack after he's as close as he can be.

For me, if I stand on the button with nosdiga, sometimes it will miss him, so I have to stand slightly off the button. It's not really a big deal, but it does suck if I press the button and wind up missing, then have to wait for the tech to finish before I can move and hit him again.

Dam techs do not miss him.
I can hit my 31+ Dambarta 2 pods.

Mine completely wiffs, but I normally use Damdiga because of the higher damage. I can try dambarta, but that tech has slowdown on the xbox so I rarely use it. Also you can hit two spots at once with dambarta? Or do you mean it alternates damage between two spots? Regrant alternates between two spots, but because it does so much damage to you so quickly, I normally have to stop and use a trimate or resta pretty often while using it.

I'm not abnormally small, or tall.
I'm "normal" height. Which isn't saying much, since a lot people have small characters.

My character is as short as a male character can be. It's a PITA against mother brain since I have to stand in a certain position to hit the arms over the rails. When my human (normal height) does masterforce, she can toss diga over the rail from almost any location. I'm not sure why they wanted to punish short techers, but that's another story.

Wouldn't waste my time on Ra or Gi techs. Too slow, and even at high levels wont hit that hard.

I mainly mentioned them since I tried to see if it could hit the exploding pods that circle you in the boat. It would have been nice to use a Gi tech if those were individual targets, but it seems that they all count as one target on his body so no multi hit.

I wore a stun resist, mainly because I didn't know what I was going into, and I don't have/use a rainbow unit.

I'd use a rainbow, but I keep Vijeri on since form 2 has a number of one hit incapacitate moves and I am too lazy to switch crap around.

I have a 36%+ Dark Armas, I kept it equipped the whole time, no matter which element.

I switch armors depending element. As you can see, I take a ton of damage. I solo more often than not since I pick up pretty much everything in a mission and I can't be bothered to beg other people in my party if it's okay to pick up stuff. Because of that, I got into the habit of switch armor when needed. The first time I did Dark God I only brought dark armor, he switch to light and proceeded to kill me mutiple times.

Not sure about this floating in the middle of the boat thing.
If you mean when he's circling, then no, you cant hit hit while he does that, I think I even tried with a shotgun with my GM.
You can easily avoid getting hurt by this.

No, this attack was something different. There was a blue circle that appeared on the boat. You would be put into a stun/sleep state and then he would do a bit of a headstand and "bite" you... or puke on you however you wanted to interpret it. I haven't seen that attack since before the Guardian Colony Boost Road though, so they may have removed it.

You can see what the attack was like in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85yCQwho1M0) about 1:20 seconds in.

As for the circling the boat thing, you can hit him with foie if you aim ahead of him. It's a bit of a pain to do, so I mainly run behind him to dodge the fish missles. As a gunner it's a bit easier, since you can hit him with a rifle or lock on with cards as a techer (well a techer that isn't MF that is).

Okay? :o

Was that about how long it took him to dock? Maybe I'm just (un)lucky, but he rarely docks for me. I mainly get fish missles and the purple laser sweeps. Which leaves my main form of damage either nos-techs, foie for when he's skimming the water, or hitting the exploding pods that he ejects from his tail.

Volcompat321
Jan 14, 2010, 01:49 PM
Hmm, so you don't bother to hit him while he's in the air?

Rarely. While he's at the same height as the boat, I use Foie/Dige(whichever is equipped on the wep I have on at the time).
I wont do enough damage to matter while he's in the air anyway, though I do admit, if I used those techs, I could hit for more, thus decreasing my time.

For me, if I stand on the button with nosdiga, sometimes it will miss him, so I have to stand slightly off the button. It's not really a big deal, but it does suck if I press the button and wind up missing, then have to wait for the tech to finish before I can move and hit him again.

I stand slightly off the button also. I rarely miss while I'm playing on the PC.
Though I do get unlucky sometimes.

Mine completely wiffs, but I normally use Damdiga because of the higher damage. I can try dambarta, but that tech has slowdown on the xbox so I rarely use it. Also you can hit two spots at once with dambarta? Or do you mean it alternates damage between two spots? Regrant alternates between two spots, but because it does so much damage to you so quickly, I normally have to stop and use a trimate or resta pretty often while using it.

Well, of course it alternates. I don't think it can hit two targets that much spaced out at one time.
I move the rod/wand left to right to hit each.
I like Damdige/dambarta because I don't have to heal.
Even as a MF I have one wand that has resta or giresta.
I use madoogs(TCSM's) to attack most of the time, to cut down some time from the rod usage. This decreases the damage, but by very little. (honestly, I think without a crit it's about 1-200 damage depending on grinds of each rod/wand.

My character is as short as a male character can be. It's a PITA against mother brain since I have to stand in a certain position to hit the arms over the rails. When my human (normal height) does masterforce, she can toss diga over the rail from almost any location. I'm not sure why they wanted to punish short techers, but that's another story.

With Mother Brain, I usually use Nosdiga at her face, and all three hit.
Sometimes I get unlucky and only 1 or 2 hit. Still very nice damage.

I mainly mentioned them since I tried to see if it could hit the exploding pods that circle you in the boat. It would have been nice to use a Gi tech if those were individual targets, but it seems that they all count as one target on his body so no multi hit.
I don't think the Gi techs are useful, unless you're talking about the actual mission.
I honestly haven't tried using Gi techs on the boss because they tend to be slower at damaging than any other spell, and they take a lot of MP, which means I have to pp charge more often.

I'd use a rainbow, but I keep Vijeri on since form 2 has a number of one hit incapacitate moves and I am too lazy to switch crap around.

I have a rainbow set of armors, but I'm not going to waste the time to change when in that 1 second I take to switch, I could be killed, or kill the boss.
It's a lot more hassle to change, than to not change.
It hasn't seemed to hurt me so far.

I switch armors depending element. As you can see, I take a ton of damage. I solo more often than not since I pick up pretty much everything in a mission and I can't be bothered to beg other people in my party if it's okay to pick up stuff. Because of that, I got into the habit of switch armor when needed. The first time I did Dark God I only brought dark armor, he switch to light and proceeded to kill me mutiple times.

Like mentioned above, you could either take that 1 second to reduce your damage, and still be killed (well, I could be at my MF 13 level), or you can take that time to attack.
I choose to attack the boss. This seems to work fine.
Most of the second form's attacks can be avoided, but some cannot.
I too solo a lot more than most, but I am on the Pc/Ps2 side of things, so it is a bit harder to find a party.
I don't care to ask if I can pick something up, because if I want it, I will pick it up.
People don't kick others on the Pc/Ps2 side if someone picks something up others don't want. Then again, the whole soloing thing helps this, because I get everything I pick up.
I will switch armors in missions if I have to, but in Dark God you really don't have to. :o

No, this attack was something different. There was a blue circle that appeared on the boat. You would be put into a stun/sleep state and then he would do a bit of a headstand and "bite" you... or puke on you however you wanted to interpret it. I haven't seen that attack since before the Guardian Colony Boost Road though, so they may have removed it.

You can see what the attack was like in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85yCQwho1M0) about 1:20 seconds in.

Well, since I had the stun res on, I wouldn't get stunned, so that solved that problem.

As for the circling the boat thing, you can hit him with foie if you aim ahead of him. It's a bit of a pain to do, so I mainly run behind him to dodge the fish missles. As a gunner it's a bit easier, since you can hit him with a rifle or lock on with cards as a techer (well a techer that isn't MF that is).

I know you can hit him with Foie, but sometimes that doesn't work out too well.
Whether it be lag or just me sucking at this point, I don't know.
I just run around, attack when I can, but not focusing on this moment as an attack point.

Was that about how long it took him to dock? Maybe I'm just (un)lucky, but he rarely docks for me. I mainly get fish missles and the purple laser sweeps. Which leaves my main form of damage either nos-techs, foie for when he's skimming the water, or hitting the exploding pods that he ejects from his tail.

I guess I've been lucky for the most part, because he has docked prety fast.
I can kill him in 2 or 3 dockings, depending on how many times I get attacks in.
The getting him to dock part takes up most of the time obviously, but when he does, I go ape shit on him.
I've found that foie or diga do more damage than noszonde when he's at the same level as the boat, so I use those.
When he throws the pods at the boat, I try to avoid them, but obviously I cant miss all of them.
I mainly aim for the tail, or the last or second to last pod that explodes.
(I believe it's the last pod and tail, but it could be the last pod, and the second to last pod).

milranduil
Jan 14, 2010, 02:14 PM
Not sure if this has been said, but by attacking the pods he throws at you, you're hitting his actual health. I've killed him before by attacking these pods both as FM and MF lol.

Volcompat321
Jan 14, 2010, 02:20 PM
Not sure if this has been said, but by attacking the pods he throws at you, you're hitting his actual health. I've killed him before by attacking these pods both as FM and MF lol.

I thought so, because if I remember correctly, it happens the same way in PSO.
Sometimes, when I'm in a party, I'll use Gizonde too attack them.
I'll pretty much only do that in a party though, cause I have my heal stick on the other hand, so I can heal. (yea, MF heal lol).

Deragonite
Jan 14, 2010, 02:36 PM
Yup lol I killed Falz form 1 by hitting the pods in my 12 minute run I posted earlier in this topic :)

stinkyfish97
Jan 14, 2010, 02:44 PM
yes hitting the pods does hurt him, sometimes they are easier to hit than he is.

desturel
Jan 14, 2010, 02:46 PM
I've killed him before by attacking these pods both as FM and MF lol.

Yeah, I've killed him and De Rol Le via pods. That's one of the reasons why I hoped Gi techs could hit more than one pod at a time.

Volcompat321
Jan 14, 2010, 03:30 PM
So, now it's not looking so hard, huh?
:wacko:

desturel
Jan 14, 2010, 05:13 PM
So, now it's not looking so hard, huh?
:wacko:

It still is looking difficult to me. I'm looking for consistency. A run time where I can say "this is how long this takes". I haven't gotten that and unfortunately, I can't say that I will.

What you and XbikXBd stated was that it's "easy" to consistently beat him in 10 minutes or less. If he docks early, drops a large number of pods onto the raft, or skims the water within a distance that you can hit him with foie, you can beat him in that 10 minute amount of time. If, on the other hand, he's content to do his flying around the ship, staying out of foie range, and not docking then you'll get experiences that I have had where the fight ranges from 15~20 minutes.

XbikXBd, is this the reason why when I offered to sit in the run with you, you did not respond? Because it's not something you can do consistently? If so, then tell me that right away. Although I love the "LOL Fail" posts that you make, backing it up in game is always nice.

The evidence that I've gotten so far points to it being based on when he docks and how often he docks which for all purposes seems to be random. Now it could be possible that because I'm being more aggressive in attempting to hit him with noszonde, that he's not docking as often. I can try a run where I only dodge and only attack him when he docks and sends exploding pods to the raft.

As for what I'm doing, no one has disagreed with the damage numbers that I've listed from my masterforce. Honestly most of you should be doing more damage as female neuman. As far as the attack strategies and the usefulness of individual techs in situations that I've listed in detail through multiple posts in this thread, there hasn't been any complaint on that either. No differences in strategy (other than Dambarta, which I'll try tonight) would make me assume that for the most part we are doing the same things. Actually, I believe other than Dambarta, I've tried many different things to improve on my time without success. Regrant was the biggest change in my strategy, but that's a double edged sword. Until we get the update where the reflected damage is lessened, I can't rely on that as a Masterforce.

Also on the OHKO issue. I have posted three videos showing the amount of damage a Male Neuman takes from random attacks from Falz. I know that female characters have more DFP, but to the extent they don't get OHKO from his attacks? That seems unlikely.

Remember, the initial intention of my post was that soloing Falz was only difficult depending on what class you use and how many people are in your party. The answer I received was "it's lol easy with everyone as any class".

To use an example from earlier, Wartecher has Spears, Knuckles, Cards, Longbow, and Handgun which are all good on first form. As an Acrotecher the whip hits docked Falz in 4 spots for 2500 damage each with Vivi Danga just attacked. You can get two full just attack combos of Vivi Danga off as a Wartecher (I don't remember the damage exactly). Two full just attack combos and the first part of a non-just attack hit as an Acrotecher. The damage is such that I get a consistent time to finish each time I play as either class. I haven't gotten a consistent time from start to finish as a Masterforce.

This is one of the reasons I'm still asking for video.

I want to see what's happening. I want to know "I've just had a string of bad luck when fighting this boss" and "oh, so he can dock right away when he feels like it". It's highly likely that I've done this run more as a solo masterforce than anyone else who has responded to me, yet I have the slowest times? When I'm doing a comparable amount of damage? When I'm not doing something stupid like throwing Megid at him? I mean, I've been asked to believe from XbikXBd that you can beat form 1 Falz with nothing but diga, nosmegid and radiga in a quick amount of time. Now that is something I have to see, even if I have to join the run and record it for him.

Volcompat321
Jan 14, 2010, 11:09 PM
That was way too long to read.
I did read the first paragraph, and the small one about OHKO's.

Alright, first paragraph-"it's "easy" to consistently beat him in 10 minutes or less. If he docks early, drops a large number of pods onto the raft, or skims the water within a distance that you can hit him with foie, you can beat him in that 10 minute amount of time."

Of course it's easy if he does the things listed, but if we listed the same things you just did, then technically it wouldn't be wrong.

Though, I've done this mission a total of....10 times at most, I've never had a "long" boss fight.
It's never taken more than 9-13 minutes, which still isn't bad at all.
That would give me a total of about 23-27 minutes(just guessing here, because it depends on which map I get for the mission).

Also, I never said anything about the boss being easy with any class.
The only class I mentioned was MF, and then GM when it was brought up about an attack.

XbikXBd
Jan 15, 2010, 03:08 AM
It still is looking difficult to me. I'm looking for consistency. A run time where I can say "this is how long this takes". I haven't gotten that and unfortunately, I can't say that I will.

What you and XbikXBd stated was that it's "easy" to consistently beat him in 10 minutes or less. If he docks early, drops a large number of pods onto the raft, or skims the water within a distance that you can hit him with foie, you can beat him in that 10 minute amount of time. If, on the other hand, he's content to do his flying around the ship, staying out of foie range, and not docking then you'll get experiences that I have had where the fight ranges from 15~20 minutes.

XbikXBd, is this the reason why when I offered to sit in the run with you, you did not respond? Because it's not something you can do consistently? If so, then tell me that right away. Although I love the "LOL Fail" posts that you make, backing it up in game is always nice.

The evidence that I've gotten so far points to it being based on when he docks and how often he docks which for all purposes seems to be random. Now it could be possible that because I'm being more aggressive in attempting to hit him with noszonde, that he's not docking as often. I can try a run where I only dodge and only attack him when he docks and sends exploding pods to the raft.

As for what I'm doing, no one has disagreed with the damage numbers that I've listed from my masterforce. Honestly most of you should be doing more damage as female neuman. As far as the attack strategies and the usefulness of individual techs in situations that I've listed in detail through multiple posts in this thread, there hasn't been any complaint on that either. No differences in strategy (other than Dambarta, which I'll try tonight) would make me assume that for the most part we are doing the same things. Actually, I believe other than Dambarta, I've tried many different things to improve on my time without success. Regrant was the biggest change in my strategy, but that's a double edged sword. Until we get the update where the reflected damage is lessened, I can't rely on that as a Masterforce.

Also on the OHKO issue. I have posted three videos showing the amount of damage a Male Neuman takes from random attacks from Falz. I know that female characters have more DFP, but to the extent they don't get OHKO from his attacks? That seems unlikely.

Remember, the initial intention of my post was that soloing Falz was only difficult depending on what class you use and how many people are in your party. The answer I received was "it's lol easy with everyone as any class".

To use an example from earlier, Wartecher has Spears, Knuckles, Cards, Longbow, and Handgun which are all good on first form. As an Acrotecher the whip hits docked Falz in 4 spots for 2500 damage each with Vivi Danga just attacked. You can get two full just attack combos of Vivi Danga off as a Wartecher (I don't remember the damage exactly). Two full just attack combos and the first part of a non-just attack hit as an Acrotecher. The damage is such that I get a consistent time to finish each time I play as either class. I haven't gotten a consistent time from start to finish as a Masterforce.

This is one of the reasons I'm still asking for video.

I want to see what's happening. I want to know "I've just had a string of bad luck when fighting this boss" and "oh, so he can dock right away when he feels like it". It's highly likely that I've done this run more as a solo masterforce than anyone else who has responded to me, yet I have the slowest times? When I'm doing a comparable amount of damage? When I'm not doing something stupid like throwing Megid at him? I mean, I've been asked to believe from XbikXBd that you can beat form 1 Falz with nothing but diga, nosmegid and radiga in a quick amount of time. Now that is something I have to see, even if I have to join the run and record it for him.

.................................................. .................................................. ...........................^^;
Ok here is A pic i got good time lol
[SPOILER-BOX]http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/5424/psu20100101214016008.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Volcompat321
Jan 15, 2010, 12:14 PM
.................................................. .................................................. ...........................^^;
Ok here is A pic i got good time lol
[SPOILER-BOX]http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/5424/psu20100101214016008.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Lmao.
I'll get you back! :D
I'm actually about to play the JP PSU now, if you're on!
If no one is on, I'll get on the US one.