PDA

View Full Version : Red Line complete

CromartieDude
Jan 13, 2010, 08:47 PM
Ok, so i just got my Red line i have waited forever for, and equipped all 4 red units and.........nothing, i see no bonus. Anyone care to speculate?

cheapgunner
Jan 13, 2010, 08:53 PM
Do you have a flowen's sword or sword+ you can equip with it. That's the bonus set it has.

CromartieDude
Jan 13, 2010, 08:58 PM
Oh yeah, i forgot about that part. So doe's the armor get it, or the weapon? i don't really want to use the weapon, lol.

Keilyn
Jan 13, 2010, 09:00 PM
Congratulations. ^_^ Good Luck in White Beast :)

CromartieDude
Jan 13, 2010, 09:04 PM
.....damn white beast.

I equipped flowen's + and went into a mission, i still see nothing change. Is it the weapon or armors stats that change?

Keilyn
Jan 13, 2010, 09:19 PM
I said that because if you use the Flowens GreatSword+ its only Dark Element...and the most popular Light Enemy based map is White Beast.....where Tornado Break works well. Of course the A grade Greatswords can be any element, but wont surpass 30% element and retain 775 ATP regardless the grind..

However, the best you can do is get 6 Flowen's Greatsword+ at 40 - 50% Element and when Guardians Cash comes, pay 750 GC points (equivalent to $7.50) to change an element weapon to another..

It will cost you $37.50 to do that to change five of them to the other elements...along of course with safely grinding six of them to 8/10 will cost you $43.20....for a total of $80.70

If you can find a way to determine the set-bonus it will be a great contribution to add to psupedia. ^^

desturel
Jan 13, 2010, 09:30 PM
If you can find a way to determine the set-bonus it will be a great contribution to add to psupedia. ^^

My guess would be normal swings at creatures (one light, one dark, one other) with and without the set on would be good enough to determine the ATP bonus.

CromartieDude
Jan 13, 2010, 10:18 PM
Well that's all good to know, but i just don't understand why anyone would spend real money to do that stuff?

NDW
Jan 14, 2010, 05:44 AM
Well that's all good to know, but i just don't understand why anyone would spend real money to do that stuff?

Some people are so into PSU that they'll use a service that is provided to get anything that is possible.

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jan 14, 2010, 06:34 AM
I think Guardians Cash may well ruin the game. Imagine everyone running around with elite gear? It'll cripple the economy, grinding won't be fun anymore with guarnteed grinds up to 8/10. I mean its appealing at first but having such abilities in games is like cheating almost and after you cheat in a game I just find it becomes less and less playable.

Any JP players know how it affected PSU on JP server?

Tifa

Keilyn
Jan 14, 2010, 09:17 AM
Actually Guardians Cash did the exact opposite in PSU JP by actually putting a value on Meseta...

A person can no longer sell every four slot armor (or top weapon) out there for 30 - 90 million like in PC/PS2. I like the idea that a player can actually take 30 - 35% Armors, GC them up and never need armor again....

Saving endless hours running for materials....Synthing and hoping to get a decent armor at random. The only thing Guardians Cash will ruin are the ELITIST Hoarders who want to charge 10 - 100x more of what an Item is worth.

I have gotten more in PSU Japan on my gunner in 7 days than I have in 9 months running endlessly in PC/PS2....With the exception that I have in PC/PS2 a love inferno, Spread Needle and Guld&Milla....I have actually gotten more here playing...

I have 2 Killer Elites, 2 Pakudas, 1 Adana Cannon, 1 needle cannon, 1 battle stopper. I also have LKK, Vijerina/Rainbow, Hizeri/Mind and Paradi...and I've only been there for a week...

You make it look like if PSU is a persistent game with everyone GCing up...always the worse case scenario that has as much probability as occuring as the apocalypse of 2012. ^^

AOI_Tifa_Lockhart
Jan 14, 2010, 10:46 AM
Sounds awesome :) I'd be so tempted to go to JP server, but you have to type in JP right? I'm sure there's several english speaking people who play and don't understand JP? Just that's such a deterent for me at the moment. I mean I tend to play solo anyway but is there phsycially no option to type in english letters?

Tifa

Ceresa
Jan 14, 2010, 11:28 AM
Actually Guardians Cash did the exact opposite in PSU JP by actually putting a value on Meseta...

A person can no longer sell every four slot armor (or top weapon) out there for 30 - 90 million like in PC/PS2. I like the idea that a player can actually take 30 - 35% Armors, GC them up and never need armor again....

Saving endless hours running for materials....Synthing and hoping to get a decent armor at random. The only thing Guardians Cash will ruin are the ELITIST Hoarders who want to charge 10 - 100x more of what an Item is worth.

I have gotten more in PSU Japan on my gunner in 7 days than I have in 9 months running endlessly in PC/PS2....With the exception that I have in PC/PS2 a love inferno, Spread Needle and Guld&Milla....I have actually gotten more here playing...

I have 2 Killer Elites, 2 Pakudas, 1 Adana Cannon, 1 needle cannon, 1 battle stopper. I also have LKK, Vijerina/Rainbow, Hizeri/Mind and Paradi...and I've only been there for a week...

You make it look like if PSU is a persistent game with everyone GCing up...always the worse case scenario that has as much probability as occuring as the apocalypse of 2012. ^^

Your spread needle on NA is worth more then everything you have on JP. GC didn't drop the prices of that stuff you have, 6 week long events making them drop every other run did that, or better items to equip came out. A handful of 10/10 items are the only things GC dropped the price on.

Gibdozer
Jan 14, 2010, 12:58 PM
Ok, so i just got my Red line i have waited forever for, and equipped all 4 red units and.........nothing, i see no bonus. Anyone care to speculate?

Wow I thought the bonus would've been huge, and you have to have a Greatsword equipped what a bag of shit. Guess I'll stick with Hizeri inserts.

I for one can't wait for GC here, if nothing else I want my Motav Prophets and a spintail!

FOnewearl-Lina
Jan 14, 2010, 08:01 PM
The only thing GC dropped was the playerbase...
Or maybe it was the fact the supplemental update was PC only.

Keilyn
Jan 14, 2010, 09:07 PM
Sounds awesome :) I'd be so tempted to go to JP server, but you have to type in JP right? I'm sure there's several english speaking people who play and don't understand JP? Just that's such a deterent for me at the moment. I mean I tend to play solo anyway but is there phsycially no option to type in english letters?

Tifa

You can type in English, Hiragana and Katakana. The IME Pad is used for translating into Kanji. Most speak Japanese. Two of my friends are there and they dont know much about the Japanese language.

I've been helping them.

If you play Solo, then its perfect since an event exists and Solo playing really can go far....All you would need to do is keep a Katakana Chart by your side for item names. I can teach you other things as well..

...but since you know the game and can navigate the menus it becomes a lot easier.

One reason I went to PSU Japan is because all my characters are capped here and with PSU Japan being a year ahead of PC/PS2, why should i burn my time away waiting for updates that already exist? Im only getting older and its unfair to burn time away waiting endlessly for them...

..Also its a great way to rebel against Sega of America and their poor service, to bypass all the BS and go straight to Japan....Trust me, your pallete in 2 - 3 days without GCing will be better than playing 7 - 9 months in PC/PS2. :)