PDA

View Full Version : Who 's getting the better half of the pizza

Meyfei
Jan 14, 2010, 12:10 PM
So many jobs, so little time, and to few employers willing to hire.

Jobs listing in my location (http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/res-eng.aspx?TimeFrame=E7Days&CommGrouping=GNB002&OfferpPage=50&Student=No/)(I'd like to thank Volcompat for reminding me how to do this)
:disapprove: Still havent been hired after emailing resume(s).

So in other news, I'm not quite sure who this will effect, but The mimum wage will be increased from $8.25¢ to $10.00¢ within the next two years.

April 1st 2010 +25¢
Sept 1st 2010 +50¢
April 1st 2011 +50¢
Sept 1st 2011 +50¢

They say this will help poverty and stuff, but in reality, most poverty came from people who've been lacking/neglecting education, unable to find work, gambling/alcohol abuse. Not just low pay rates :disapprove:

HeartBreak301
Jan 14, 2010, 02:25 PM
Paying us more doesn't mean shit if they jack the prices on everything. :disapprove:

Gibdozer
Jan 14, 2010, 04:08 PM
Yeah in the last 3 years my wage has gone up about 10%(which is good) while the price of many items I commonly buy has doubled(not so good)! Between extortion at the pumps and inflation of the dollar I am genuinely concerned for future of our country.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for hard working people making more money, it's the illusion of more money that I'm against. The real measure of our success as a society is standard of living not minimum wage.

A high standard of living without the specter of overwhelming debt, now that would be a huge step forward.

Randomness
Jan 14, 2010, 04:21 PM
Yeah in the last 3 years my wage has gone up about 10%(which is good) while the price of many items I commonly buy has doubled(not so good)! Between extortion at the pumps and inflation of the dollar I am genuinely concerned for future of our country.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for hard working people making more money, it's the illusion of more money that I'm against. The real measure of our success as a society is standard of living not minimum wage.

A high standard of living without the specter of overwhelming debt, now that would be a huge step forward.

What the hell do you buy that has doubled in price? Also, if your wages/salary went up 10%, that's only 3% behind inflation by 2008's value of 4.8%. EU had 3%, Canada had 1%. If you want to complain about inflation, try Zimbabwe, which has a rate of over 10,000,000%.

Also, what the hell is this post doing outside of Rants?

Gibdozer
Jan 18, 2010, 11:04 AM
What the hell do you buy that has doubled in price? Also, if your wages/salary went up 10%, that's only 3% behind inflation by 2008's value of 4.8%. EU had 3%, Canada had 1%. If you want to complain about inflation, try Zimbabwe, which has a rate of over 10,000,000%.

Also, what the hell is this post doing outside of Rants?

Man shut the fuck up I live in the real world not my parents house. Zimbabwe? what the fuck are you talking about? Yes, Zimbabwes political, and economic problems are sad, but we're talking about America not South Africa. I hope you get your head out of your ass before the real world bites it off.

A few price increases in my area that I can recall over the last 3 years

1. milk-Though the price fluctuates quite a bit I've seen it go from around 2$-2.88 to 3.50-4.00 in the last few years
2. Juice-I buy an apple juice punch blend from Walmart when I started buying it 3-4 years ago it was a $1.50 today its 2.88
3. Pringles-a few years ago the price ranged from .88 to 1.20 yesterday I bought a can for $1.69

Don't believe me, ask your parents since they're obviously still footing your bills.

Randomness
Jan 18, 2010, 02:33 PM
You blamed the price increases on inflation. I just told you that inflation doesn't account for the increases.

You're also being extremely rude, and seem to have a tendency to sling around insults whenever someone disagrees with you. You need to chill out.

SpikeOtacon
Jan 18, 2010, 02:44 PM
Gibdozer continues to prove he's retarded.

Vanzazikon
Jan 18, 2010, 02:54 PM
You're also being extremely rude, and seem to have a tendency to sling around insults whenever someone disagrees with you. You need to chill out.Looks like you made someone a little

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/4chan/for_forums/butthurt2.jpg

Mixfortune
Jan 18, 2010, 02:58 PM
It seems it's possible to be insulting without resorting to rough language, though.