PDA

View Full Version : Edel Items

NiceOnes
Jan 14, 2010, 03:35 PM
Anyone here have both the Harp and the Elyum yet?

I almost convinced that I will never see my Edel Rifle. TA'ing those story missions is such a b!tch!

I think I can get the harp using protranser once I level up my cast to 170... But the Elyum just seems crazy futile as my FM skills are weaksauce.

Tyreek
Jan 14, 2010, 03:47 PM
As of a video I have seen, usually CASTs have the upper hand due to Paradi and their extra ATA. And destruel's situation was direct luck S ranking it as an Acrotecher using Vish Diragac. I was two minutes off of S ranking the mission, but I was satisfied by the fact that Karen actually lived the whole ordeal. >_<;

stinkyfish97
Jan 14, 2010, 03:53 PM
I dunno Im going to try it as a PT, all my PA's are high level and I think that along with the traps and knowing the in's and outs of this class, I think I have a pretty good chance.

Also buy some virus G traps as well, they are great for bigger guys such as Gaozorans burn G traps also are great as burn takes more damage off per second but for a shorter period of tiem where virus takes off more damage over a longer period of time, and finally poison takes of the most damage but over a very long period of time.

NiceOnes
Jan 14, 2010, 03:57 PM
As of a video I have seen, usually CASTs have the upper hand due to Paradi and their extra ATA. And destruel's situation was direct luck S ranking it as an Acrotecher using Vish Diragac. I was two minutes off of S ranking the mission, but I was satisfied by the fact that Karen actually lived the whole ordeal. >_<;

I watched your vid Tyreek. You're right, just keeping her alive is an accomplishment in itself.... I'm going to try as AT and see what happens... Do you know if he used the Vish Diragac exclusively? Is there a video of him pulling it off?

Good luck in the future... 2 minutes isn't too far off. ;)

Africa
Jan 14, 2010, 05:29 PM
i managed to get 3 of both but it's an arduous task,but it was nice that i was able to get all the partner cards.I may try to get more later but i think 3 of each is all you need.It's annoying but atleast it's a bit of a challenge.

Hatrix
Jan 14, 2010, 05:38 PM
3 of each? do you have 3 separate accounts or somthing? I was under the impression you could only get one of these weapons per account, I thought the same went for the materials too but I could be wrong

stinkyfish97
Jan 14, 2010, 05:46 PM
No he got three of each material needed to trade in to get the weapon but you can only trade the materials once in to get one of three weapons which is account bound so it cannot be sold dropped or traded. Having more of the material, it says you can trade 1 mat in for 3 grinder base S I believe. Youd have to check to confirm that though.

Hatrix
Jan 14, 2010, 05:51 PM
Oh that makes sense then, I was like how the hell can you get all 3 bad ass weps? I guess even if you had the 3 accounts is the only way

stinkyfish97
Jan 14, 2010, 05:53 PM
http://psupedia.info/Desert_Arms_Shop

Its under the fifth wave. You can get one of the three special weapons and than any other materials you can trade in for other items, grinder bas 3, gold badges, moatoob collectable, some ores.

desturel
Jan 14, 2010, 06:42 PM
I watched your vid Tyreek. You're right, just keeping her alive is an accomplishment in itself.... I'm going to try as AT and see what happens... Do you know if he used the Vish Diragac exclusively? Is there a video of him pulling it off?

Good luck in the future... 2 minutes isn't too far off. ;)

For block D I used:
22% light Vish Diragac (Vishi Grudda)
40% light Deva-zashi (Hikai Shuha-zan)
42% light Blackheart (Rising Strike)
50% light Vish Feara (Vivi Danga)

If you can kill all of the deljaban before the megid cannon shows up, you won't have to fight the carriguine on the first part of block D. The first carriguine on the second part of block two, you have to run down with either Hikai or Rising Strike. You want to kill the carriguine first and worry about the Deljaban later.

I don't have many things recorded because I didn't have a capture card until a few weeks ago and the one I have now isn't that great (but it was free, so I'm not complaining).

That being said, it was purely luck. The whip was killing the Deljaban pretty frequently, however that is rarely the case. If you run through Seed Express for example, you'll notice that Orcadillian and Galdeen die to incapacitate pretty frequently, but Deljaban rarely die to it.

The only classes I've been able to beat it as (with my neuman male main) were:
Acrotecher
Fighgunner
Gunmaster
Fighmaster

Africa
Jan 14, 2010, 07:01 PM
i figured i could bank off the collectables since they still sell for something. edel arrow all the way though cuz i hate rifles. To bad that last missions impossible to s rank as a mf though but partner cards are a great motivation to hunt things like edels.

NiceOnes
Jan 15, 2010, 01:24 AM
For block D I used:
22% light Vish Diragac (Vishi Grudda)
40% light Deva-zashi (Hikai Shuha-zan)
42% light Blackheart (Rising Strike)
50% light Vish Feara (Vivi Danga)

If you can kill all of the deljaban before the megid cannon shows up, you won't have to fight the carriguine on the first part of block D. The first carriguine on the second part of block two, you have to run down with either Hikai or Rising Strike. You want to kill the carriguine first and worry about the Deljaban later.

I don't have many things recorded because I didn't have a capture card until a few weeks ago and the one I have now isn't that great (but it was free, so I'm not complaining).

That being said, it was purely luck. The whip was killing the Deljaban pretty frequently, however that is rarely the case. If you run through Seed Express for example, you'll notice that Orcadillian and Galdeen die to incapacitate pretty frequently, but Deljaban rarely die to it.

The only classes I've been able to beat it as (with my neuman male main) were:
Acrotecher
Fighgunner
Gunmaster
Fighmaster

Cool... Means I have a shot as my main is also a male newman...

You managed an S with all 4 of those classes? If so which did you find the most forgiving?

desturel
Jan 15, 2010, 08:55 AM
Cool... Means I have a shot as my main is also a male newman...

You managed an S with all 4 of those classes? If so which did you find the most forgiving?

The easiest class was Fighmaster. The hardest class was Gunmaster (all of my Gunmaster stuff is 50 and I still barely beat it). Acrotecher was pure luck.

Honestly, if you just want to get it done, a Cast Fighmaster is your best bet. There's no reason for you to have to struggle through it if you don't want to. I'm a bit weird in that I want to do everything as my main character, but there's no restriction on others doing it that way.

Skorn
Jan 15, 2010, 08:57 AM
I got the first part. It may be awhile before I get the second part. =-(

NiceOnes
Jan 15, 2010, 04:11 PM
The easiest class was Fighmaster. The hardest class was Gunmaster (all of my Gunmaster stuff is 50 and I still barely beat it). Acrotecher was pure luck.

Honestly, if you just want to get it done, a Cast Fighmaster is your best bet. There's no reason for you to have to struggle through it if you don't want to. I'm a bit weird in that I want to do everything as my main character, but there's no restriction on others doing it that way.

Thanks brosiff. I'm going to need to spend some serious time as a fighter I guess.... My melee PA's are weak at best although I do have some pretty decent gear as my main has a striking bot...

I'm not holding my breath... ;)

Quatre52
Jan 15, 2010, 06:15 PM
the weapons cant be traded..but can i switch them over my characters on the same account? as in using my common box?

need to know who i need to level up the most when i return to get ready for this..

Anduril
Jan 15, 2010, 06:41 PM
Yeah, they are only account bound, so you can swap via your common box.

Nayto the Fighmaster
Jan 17, 2010, 04:42 AM
I have both using my human Figmaster. Had to be near lvl 150, though, that Carriguine at the end is a *@$%$

Max B
Jan 17, 2010, 05:59 AM
Ya I have both of them it was fairly easy once you do it once or twice

burninglink5
Jan 17, 2010, 09:17 AM
What PA's are you guys using for the second part as a fighmaster?

Max B
Jan 17, 2010, 10:01 AM
What PA's are you guys using for the second part as a fighmaster?

If you are talking about the carriguine part I used t-dance

Tyreek
Jan 17, 2010, 07:01 PM
Tornado Dance proved to be waaay inefficient to me. While it is capped to the maximum, Spiral Dance, which is also capped, created way more damage. Now everytime I play the second part I hardly have to fight that third Carrigune, as opposed to when I used Tornado Dance. It wasted too much time.

DuRaL
Jan 18, 2010, 01:10 AM
i was using my Cast Fighmaster to get the Edel Items.

i mainly used 2 PAs: Tornado Dance (ony bought it for these missions, i'd never really liked it) for moving quickly from 1 room to another and Dus Majarra for the fighting. Of course, only weapons of the opposite element to do more damage is usefull, too ;)

while the chapter 7 mission was kinda easy and i didn't need many tries, chapter 8 was a bitch, cause Karen just didn't stop dying >_>
now if you could take 500 star atomizers with you, and if star atomizers had 100x the range, OR IF SEGA COULD PROGRAMM A DECENT A.I. OR ANY A.I. AT ALL, then it'd be all good, but NO! >_< F*** Karen! xD

however, eventually i managed to get the 2nd one, too! (or rather Karen managed to not be a total retard, cause i'd have gotten S on my first try if it wasn't for her WANTING to die xD)

NiceOnes
May 4, 2010, 10:45 PM
So.. How's this for some sh!t? ...

I got my Elym before I got the harp! Nailed A Brighter Day with my 170 Cast GM 20!..

I'm having a hell of a time with road to rykros tho.... The closest I've gotten with PT is like 13:50... I've level'd up my to FM 1 on with my cast to give that a whirl and first run I got 13:30...

Do you think it's possible to do it with level a level 1 FM? My Majarra is 50 and my TD is 31+... 50% Dark Rucar and 32% Ground Mugunburga.

serenade
May 5, 2010, 12:45 AM
a brighter day took less tries for me as well. i did rykros as a human PT and brighter day as a human GM. wasnt easy without my casts paradi, but i did it. level 50 light shotty and my sng did the trick. also, i HIGHLY suggest bringing fire traps. makes the last waves so much easier. while they burn down their ridiculous HP, you can plug away with your light bullets.