PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Job Leveling

Wintermute0
Jan 15, 2010, 12:16 AM
I just started playing the PC version about three days ago. I'm a lvl.11 newman force. I was wondering if there's a quicker way to level up jobs, because it seems that all the missions I'm doing give me practically 1-2 job points and it's taking forever to level force. I'm doing basic missions at the Cylez City linear line and the Moatoob flyer base. Are there better missions I could be doing?

Also, I was wondering why it doesn't show a mission summary at the end telling you what rank you got when you complete a quest like Unsafe Passage and the likes, is this how it is for all non-story mission or is this a glitch of some kind?

Gunslinger-08
Jan 15, 2010, 12:39 AM
I'm assuming you're online, so I'll ask my first question:

Are you playing with the basic game, or the AoI expansion? The expansion brings several options for job leveling that leave the original missions in the dust.

Wintermute0
Jan 15, 2010, 09:16 AM
I'm assuming you're online, so I'll ask my first question:

Are you playing with the basic game, or the AoI expansion? The expansion brings several options for job leveling that leave the original missions in the dust.

Expansion

Smidge204
Jan 15, 2010, 12:26 PM
That means playing the missions that appear in yellow text. The "Yellow" missions give a lot more MP for the effort, though they are still harder.

The absolute best MP in the game is still Egg Thieves, which pays out 125 points on C difficulty (with S rank completion). The only catch is you need at least one other player and you'll have to run it a few times to learn the pattern. Shouldn't have TOO much trouble finding someone looking for MP that can help.

Hell, I've been thinking about fleshing out the jobs on my capped character, so maybe I'll join you myself. Think you can take on a level 15 Gainozeros (http://psupedia.info/Gainozeros)? :D
=Smidge=

Wintermute0
Jan 15, 2010, 01:12 PM
That means playing the missions that appear in yellow text. The "Yellow" missions give a lot more MP for the effort, though they are still harder.

The absolute best MP in the game is still Egg Thieves, which pays out 125 points on C difficulty (with S rank completion). The only catch is you need at least one other player and you'll have to run it a few times to learn the pattern. Shouldn't have TOO much trouble finding someone looking for MP that can help.

Hell, I've been thinking about fleshing out the jobs on my capped character, so maybe I'll join you myself. Think you can take on a level 15 Gainozeros (http://psupedia.info/Gainozeros)? :D
=Smidge=

I'm new, but I can probably handle it. I haven't played with anyone so far, since the population is so low.

Where do you accept Egg Thieves? I'll play with you. My character's name is Wintermute.

j_endo
Jan 15, 2010, 01:59 PM
you can also do wb or mag or amf platform to get big mission points u lvl 1-2 job class levels per run... with the basic classes

Wintermute0
Jan 15, 2010, 02:04 PM
you can also do wb or mag or amf platform to get big mission points u lvl 1-2 job class levels per run... with the basic classes

What are the names of the missions?

Smidge204
Jan 15, 2010, 02:46 PM
Egg Thieves is available from the GUARDIANS branch on Parum. Everything is Lightning or Fire element, with the more dangerous enemies being Lightning (so bring Lightning element armor and Ground element weapons/techs if possible).

What are the names of the missions?

wb = "White Beast"
mag = Maximum Attack G (Technically Maximum Attack G')

A level 11 tech soloing White Beast will almost certainly get their asses kicked, if they can even get through Sacred Stream to get there. White Beast is where players with no imagination go to waste their time just before quitting until the next event. This mission is in the Air Pavilion on Neudaiz (opposite the flyer base).

MAG isn't too bad, but there's a LOT of mobs in large groups and it takes forever to solo. 40 minutes per run to get an S rank is being generous. This mission is found at the first NPC in GUARDIANS HQ, 5th floor of the colony. Look under "Old Event Missions"

=Smidge=
General rule of thumb: Don't take advice some someone who can't spell "you" or find the shift key.

Wintermute0
Jan 15, 2010, 02:59 PM
Egg Thieves is available from the GUARDIANS branch on Parum. Everything is Lightning or Fire element, with the more dangerous enemies being Lightning (so bring Lightning element armor and Ground element weapons/techs if possible).

wb = "White Beast"
mag = Maximum Attack G (Technically Maximum Attack G')

A level 11 tech soloing White Beast will almost certainly get their asses kicked, if they can even get through Sacred Stream to get there. White Beast is where players with no imagination go to waste their time just before quitting until the next event. This mission is in the Air Pavilion on Neudaiz (opposite the flyer base).

MAG isn't too bad, but there's a LOT of mobs in large groups and it takes forever to solo. 40 minutes per run to get an S rank is being generous. This mission is found at the first NPC in GUARDIANS HQ, 5th floor of the colony. Look under "Old Event Missions"

=Smidge=
General rule of thumb: Don't take advice some someone who can't spell "you" or find the shift key.

Alright, do you want to do Egg Thieves with me?

Smidge204
Jan 15, 2010, 05:25 PM
Alright, do you want to do Egg Thieves with me?

Sure. I have to change jobs first and sort out my armor/weapons but I'm logging in now and should be around most of the evening. I'll be chilling in the GUARDIANS branch on Parum (Uni 2) when I'm done. Look for "Jo"
=Smidge=

Wintermute0
Jan 15, 2010, 05:48 PM
Sure. I have to change jobs first and sort out my armor/weapons but I'm logging in now and should be around most of the evening. I'll be chilling in the GUARDIANS branch on Parum (Uni 2) when I'm done. Look for "Jo"
=Smidge=

Alright, I'm a little busy right now but I'll be able to get back on around 7 or so. How do I get to universe 2?

Smidge204
Jan 15, 2010, 05:49 PM
There are orange-ish crystal looking things scattered about the lobbies. You can use them to go to your room or to change which server you're on.

I assume that's 7PM Eastern US time?
=Smidge=

Wintermute0
Jan 15, 2010, 06:02 PM
There are orange-ish crystal looking things scattered about the lobbies. You can use them to go to your room or to change which server you're on.

I assume that's 7PM Eastern US time?
=Smidge=

Yeah, eastern.