PDA

View Full Version : Hey New title baby! I'm using...

Meyfei
Jan 15, 2010, 03:06 PM
Windows 7 :O

astuarlen
Jan 15, 2010, 03:27 PM
There's a secret message embedded in this thread! Can you spot the secret message?

Meyfei
Jan 20, 2010, 12:27 AM
*Bump*

I've recycled the thread. o.o i'm using windows 7 now D: i dunno what to do first!

Volcompat321
Jan 20, 2010, 12:29 AM
I'm using Windows 7 too. :p

Randomness
Jan 20, 2010, 12:44 AM
*Bump*

I've recycled the thread. o.o i'm using windows 7 now D: i dunno what to do first!

Windows key+Alt is fun. Like Alt+Tab, but shinier.

Meyfei
Jan 20, 2010, 12:47 AM
i cant believe it lol

It was like 250% easier to setup than the XP's i've been using D:
So, was that game you suggested called, Avion?

Outrider
Jan 20, 2010, 12:56 AM
Windows key+Alt is fun. Like Alt+Tab, but shinier.

I'm testing it out right now and I think you mean Windows key + Tab.

And it is like Alt+Tab but shinier. I'm not sure what the point of it is, but somehow my life is fuller now that I have this knowledge.

It's like the alt+tab of the future.

TalHex
Jan 20, 2010, 12:56 AM
you bastards, I'm stuck with vista...

Meyfei
Jan 20, 2010, 01:03 AM
tal, got a dvd rom? ^^ coughintcough

Weeaboolits
Jan 20, 2010, 01:10 AM
I'm still running XP.

Meyfei
Jan 20, 2010, 01:26 AM
i've just started using 7. mostly been on pso-wold sence i finished installing. so far its great for basic web surfing.

I wanna find a game to test it with.

astuarlen
Jan 20, 2010, 01:51 AM
I'm still running XP.

High five, brother. My Windows 7 64 disc is sitting on top of my tower. It will have to wait for a day when I'm feeling ambitious enough to make the necessary backups and corral the programs and drivers and such I'll be needing. I think I can wait for a shiny taskbar.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 20, 2010, 01:52 AM
Don't try Super Solvers series.

"Super Solvers Midnight Rescue!" cannot find a MIDI playing soundcard. (Disc copyright 1995, Win 95/3.1/Macintosh)

Click OK to close the program.

Realtek'97 built into the chipset sound card according to specs. Compatibility mode didn't work.

Time to return to Amazon. Cite "advertised as Win 2000/XP" OS and explain why it doesn't work, asking for a newer than 14 year old disc.

Sayara
Jan 20, 2010, 05:38 PM
Real men use 98

Meyfei
Jan 21, 2010, 11:52 AM
I was bored...
[spoiler-box]
As you know, for the past three years i've been posting in PSO-world, playing games and of course, using this very same computer.

The day i got this computer i was happy saying stuff like, Sweet! i got a windows vista, it's gonna be awesome, i got the newest computer out! yeah!. well a few months went by and it turned out to be complete bullcrap.

the Computer itself wasnt any better, but eventually i found out a lot of stuff like how to wipe the computer and reinstall the OS, a couple months later i ended up installing XP, alas my attempt failed, however putting up with vista was out of the question, so i kept trying.

Finally! i had Xp on it, everything was fine... well except for one thing, their was a graphics problem with PSO so i decide, hey i should update my graphics card, well i shouldnt have. My screen would stay black, and i'd hear the windows XP logon theme. Failed attempt #32.

Well, the computer dies, i get it repaired and about 3 days after i get it, i was using it with windows Vista, an extra stick of ram, and the 92 updates that Microsoft is to stupid to compress into one, it fails even more so than before.

So, i reinstall the Windows Vista OS and decide to take a change, Windows 7, After 3 days of using it, it was the best thing ever, so good even my dad who likes almost nothing agreed it was good, i even threw a game in Ultra high graphics and it ran smoothly, ofcourse i couldnt play it like that due to flickering frames, but it didnt BOSD my omputer nor did it lag me into force-shutdown.

Windows 7, is a must have, no matter what computer your using.
[/spoiler-box]

Volcompat321
Jan 21, 2010, 12:00 PM
Like I said in another thread...
The first time I installed Windows 7, I didn't like it at all.
I didn't change anything, but I like it this time.
(I dual booted last time, so it didn't take long to install it).

I kept all my Vista settings, and everything was the same, cept I got better performance.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Jan 21, 2010, 12:01 PM
What if I Geico-cave my way to Windows 9.7 man?!

Then I'll have a way to fight Skynet being self aware, get rid of some comets causing a holocaust on the world if connected, and defeat Cuban Maya's 2012 December Calendar spook event!

Meyfei
Jan 21, 2010, 12:16 PM
lol sounds like halloween's switching places with Christmas