PDA

View Full Version : PSU Seriously thinking about coming back. Which system?

EnixBelmont
Jan 16, 2010, 07:59 AM
360 or PC? I know PC is supposedly almost dead, but to what extent? I've played on tons of private servers for RO with only like 300 people, which a lot of people would consider almost dead, but it hardly bothers me. on the other hand, less than 100 might, especially in a big game and me with my only level 40 or so character.

I already own the PC version of ambition of the illuminus, and so do my friends, which means I'd have MUCH better luck convincing them to play this for only a month or so with me. I have more friends with 360s, but not the ones that I played with before, and considering most hate sega with a burning passion I doubt i could convince them, although with the demo, it's possible. I also have the benefit of actually having characters and money and stuff, and not having to start over.

The 360 version, on the other hand, I'd have to buy AOTI for(although I hear its only 10 dollars, which really is nothing). But I also hear that the population is many times the PC/PS2 versions, plus, its got voice chat, and even if I'm playing alone, i can be in a party with my friends playing games that they're gonna buy and I'm probably not(mass effect 2, mostly), making it much less boring anyway. I also have OCD about achievements, and wouldn't mind getting the remaining 250 points, although I heard that you can't actually get one of them because it's not patched in the US servers yet. Plus, I do prefer playing on my PC. But at the same time playing at a lower resolution than my monitor kinda bothers me.

How long would it take just to go through the story in online mode? Episode 2 and 3? And what level would I need to be? I don't intend on playing it that long, just in between games when I'm bored. Playing sonic games again got me nostalgic for PSO games, but I've already played PSO to death. The story I thought was completely terrible but pretty damn funny at times because of it, and I was never bored.

DuRaL
Jan 16, 2010, 08:14 AM
idk about PC/PS2, but i've heared it's 1 to 1.5 stars max on the main server..
when i played PSU360 yesterday, Uni 1 had 4.5 stars on it, and last saturday Uni 1 was completely full (due to the release of Dark God S2, i guess)

so yeah, you won't have difficulties finding parties on 360 IF you play White Beast, Dark God S2, SEED Express or Egg Thieves!
but you'll rarely find parties for other missions, unless you play with friends.
(i guess it's similar on PC/PS2, tho)

and you can get all achievements now, the glitch has been fixed a long time ago. people who didn't get their achievement simply had to recover their gamertag and do the boss again..

but for the final achievement you must be able to do Dark God on S2, so you need at least level 100 for that ;)

Wintermute0
Jan 16, 2010, 10:30 AM
The PC/PS2 servers are practically dead, but the people you do come across are usually so desperate that they want to party with you, and there's always people on these forums willing to help you. If the 360 server is anything like the server for the demo then I would avoid that route at all costs, but I'm not certain if that's true.

EnixBelmont
Jan 16, 2010, 11:29 AM
I actually like playing with idiots. Call me a masochist, but some of the best times in PSO were when an SSJcloud34 joined and acted like a total idiot. I'm not the kind that gets pissed, I'm the kind of person who laughs his ass off at everyone else getting pissed.

And level 100? I'll never reach that. But I think I might end up going with 360 anyway...PC sounds too dead for me.

Krank32oz
Jan 16, 2010, 01:37 PM
Play on the 360 with me. Ill be starting once I get my xbox back in the next three days. It will be super duper. And i know a bunch of people that play on the xbox too!

ashley50
Jan 16, 2010, 02:54 PM
get a PSP and PSP2 and you're set...

DuRaL
Jan 16, 2010, 03:17 PM
on PSPo2 you don't even have a keyboard to chat..
the gameplay may be really good, but a Online RPG on a "real" Console (or PC) will always be better than a Handheld game, at leats that's my opinion..
i guess PSPo2 is a good game for 100 hours, but i've played PSU about 10x so long..

@ EnixBelmont: oh, getting to level 100 isn't that hard anymore, believe me!
leveling was a pain before AotI got released, but now it's kinda easy =)

@ Wintermute0: well, more people always means more idiots, and of course a lot of kids play xbox360, so the community may not be as mature as on the PC/PS2 side.
but it's a loooot better than on the 360 demo ;)
and there are cool people like me, too xP

Sakansis
Jan 16, 2010, 03:43 PM
Get the 360 version, as it is 9001x better than the demo version.

Caustic
Jan 16, 2010, 10:25 PM
I recently came back to the PC side. It's pretty damn empty haha, but I still have found groups to play with :)

stinkyfish97
Jan 16, 2010, 11:08 PM
Come play PSO BB with me for free. lol. Seriously. PSU is awesome but for 10 bucks a month? eh you are gonna get dissapointed after about 4 months and you have done and found and have everything. Great game though I guess after 2-1/2 years of playing and 5500 hours of straight up game play I mean in mission gameplay I just got a little sick of the game. Recently I have found the game kinda fun because I took a break for 4 months and came back so I had a lot to make up.

EnixBelmont
Jan 17, 2010, 10:25 AM
Come play PSO BB with me for free. lol. Seriously. PSU is awesome but for 10 bucks a month? eh you are gonna get dissapointed after about 4 months and you have done and found and have everything. Great game though I guess after 2-1/2 years of playing and 5500 hours of straight up game play I mean in mission gameplay I just got a little sick of the game. Recently I have found the game kinda fun because I took a break for 4 months and came back so I had a lot to make up.

Oh, I'm already playing PSOBB, and I definitely think its a lot better, but I've been playing PSO for almost 10 years now. I never got past 46 or so in PSU. I don't really intend to play for months and months, I mean, maybe just 1-2 months or so. Unlike other online rpgs PSU isn't really focused on the endgame, so I can enjoy it for however long I want.